PDA

View Full Version : C.J. Spiller

RashanGary
03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Most overrated player in this draft.

Go watch Adrian Peterson in college
Go watch Chris Johnson in college
Go watch Ryan Matthews in college

You're going to find one thing in common with all three of these players. They run through contact, stiff arm, spin and generally fight through would be tacklers. Peterson and Matthews are almost the same guy. Chris Johnson is a little better in space, but all three are men amongst boys. For being 200 lbs, Crhis Johnson is a man. He's as hard to tackle as anyone. He fights through contact like AP and then is great ins pace on top of it and the fastest guy in the NFL.

Then go watch Spiller. I don't know if the guy has ever broken a tackle. Down on first contact every time. The NFL isn't full of a lot of open space. You can't look at height weight speed and think a guy is a star. If that were the case, there would be a Chris Johnson ever year. There is more to it than that and CJ Spiller just isn't a good runner. I don't think he'll be even as good as Reggie Bush and Reggie Bush, in hindsight, is a borderline 1st round pick.

Lurker64
03-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Dude... you couldn't be more wrong about Spiller, guy ran through traffic and broke a bunch of tackles in college.

Sure, he's not going to truck people because he's not a big guy.

But he's far from a player who goes down the first time you touch him.

See for example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wf0kC-w9lU#t=0m54s).

The player in college that Spiller most reminds me of is Chris Johnson, but nobody saw that much of Johnson in college since they don't exactly make a point of broadcasting all of the East Carolina games.

rbaloha1
03-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Nice change of pace back.

RashanGary
03-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Spiller isn't a 90 year old woman. He's had a moment or two where one finger didn't take him down.

We'll see. I think he's a nice 3rd round gimmicky player. I know he has his fans out there though. Time will tell.

red
03-21-2010, 03:21 PM
good lord

please, send us every one of the game tapes of all of these players you know so damn well

so nice to come here to the justin harrell draft site every day to see why none of the guys we like will ever be picked by anyone and how everyone you like in the draft will be a hall of famer

how many more topics can you make about your guys, before the draft. i think you could go for 11,000 post by draft day

Mazzin
03-21-2010, 03:47 PM
good lord

please, send us every one of the game tapes of all of these players you know so damn well

so nice to come here to the justin harrell draft site every day to see why none of the guys we like will ever be picked by anyone and how everyone you like in the draft will be a hall of famer

how many more topics can you make about your guys, before the draft. i think you could go for 11,000 post by draft day

Merked

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't think he is overrated but no one is going to draft CJ to be their work horse back. He will be used exactly like Reggie Bush except he will be a better runner, doesn't dance around as much as Reggie.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 04:02 PM
good lord

Cut him some slack man, what else are we going to talk about during the offseason? 8-)

Zool
03-21-2010, 07:50 PM
CJ could be better than Bush. A Percy Harvin role would probably suit him quite well with a few more runs thrown in.

chain_gang
03-24-2010, 08:27 PM
I just gotta say I don't agree on this one. I've watched quite a few Clemson games the past couple seasons, and he's pretty impressive all around. He's not a power back, but he can break tackles. He's a weapon that teams will have to account for when he's on the field, be it, running, receiving, or kick returning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA

This shows a few clips of breaking tackles, and a big reason on why he didn't have to break too many.

Note: At 3:43 how the hell did he get out of that cluster of guys?

CaliforniaCheez
03-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Spiller will be off the board before the Packers draft.

Does it really matter which team drafts him?

bobblehead
03-24-2010, 10:22 PM
good lord

Cut him some slack man, what else are we going to talk about during the offseason? 8-)

Some people don't want actual discussion, they merely want to silence others.

swede
03-24-2010, 11:05 PM
shhhhh

DannoMac21
03-24-2010, 11:27 PM
I've never seen someone so wrong in their analysis on a player, except when NBADraft.net compared DeShawn Stevenson to Michael Jordan back in 2000.