PDA

View Full Version : PACKERRATS.com training camp day???

RashanGary
08-01-2006, 12:55 AM
The Plan is Monday, August 7th for the 6:30pm practice!

Partial mentioned in another thread meeting at TC. I'm all for it. I think it would be alot of fun if as many as possible meet for TC and then head over to Curly's to eat cheese curds and drink yards of Miller and bloody mary's *GBM*.

I don't know how interested everyone is, but Curly's has that running back challenge and some other games. There is enough to do at Lambeau to have a good time. Anyway, I think it would be a good idea. Sundays and Wednesdays are the only days I'm open.

Would Wednesday Aug 16th at 2:00 PM be a good time for anyone? Maybe it just won't work out cuz we all have busy schedules. Toss around some dates, maybe we can hash something out.

partial edit - Nick, i'm gonna sticky this so more people can see it if they want to join us

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Sounds like a great idea. Although, Bloody Mary's are my breakfast drink! By dinner time, I'm all about drinking my lime vodka :wink:

I know it will be virtually impossible to have a date that works for everyone, but just an FYI, there are less people at practices on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Curly's would be a great spot to go afterwards because not everyone coming may be 21 and that is a place they could get into to, as well as those of us (Mr. Jennings) who want to drink a yard of beer to themselves :lol:

RashanGary
08-01-2006, 08:25 AM
It would be alot of fun. There is that little arcade and the running back game. I think that game is for kids, but it's fun for adults to try to beat each other too. I'm sure we could think of something. I'm married so my wife would probably want to go too. She works, but she could always come to the afterparty or whatever it's called.

Partial
08-01-2006, 08:33 AM
I am thinking a night practice will probably work better. Let me pull up the schedule and drop some dates since i've got a 2-3 hour drive to get there

Partial
08-01-2006, 08:34 AM
What about next Monday or Thursday?

RashanGary
08-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Works for me Partial. I had classes Mon and Wed..I just realized my last class is tomorrow. Mondays or Wednesday's work for me.

wist43
08-01-2006, 09:16 AM
I'll come...

I have a pretty flexible work schedule, but at least a weeks heads up would be nice.

We talked about this last year, but that involved going to a game and accommodations, etc... it just became too big and complicated.

I think meeting at the practice field, watching practice, HOF, gift shop, doing lunch/drinks is much easier to pull together.

Keep it simple.

ND72
08-01-2006, 09:22 AM
I think it'd be great...but probably wouldn't work for me....I start football camp myself next week (coaching) so i am busy almost all day long.

Partial
08-01-2006, 09:23 AM
ahh the legendary wist wants to come. Awesome!

I am thinking that monday night might work the best. Monday, August 7th, at 6:30. Does that work for everyone?

I am thinking about taking off work at 2 so I can get there by 5. How far is it from Milwaukee? I've never been there.

Deputy Nutz
08-01-2006, 09:27 AM
I believe me and Rivers Rutherford are heading up there next Monday. Anyone care to specifically post the Practice schedule for next monday?

Partial
08-01-2006, 09:29 AM
I think it'd be great...but probably wouldn't work for me....I start football camp myself next week (coaching) so i am busy almost all day long.

Damn. That's unfortunate. Just so you know it is a night practice so if you get done early or you could meet up after for a bit

Partial
08-01-2006, 09:31 AM
I believe me and Rivers Rutherford are heading up there next Monday. Anyone care to specifically post the Practice schedule for next monday?

Are you gonna be there for the night practice?

RashanGary
08-01-2006, 09:41 AM
The only day's that work for me are Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays. Sundays are off days after all the Sat preseason games. Mondays are light days with shells so it would be less fun. Wednesday next week is 9AM and the following is 2PM...

Everyone just get an idea of what works. The only really good time for me is Wednesday the 16th at 2 PM.

It sounds like Partial works during those hours....CRAP..Someone just come up with a good pads practice and I'll figure a way to get off work.

woodbuck27
08-01-2006, 09:41 AM
[quote="GBRulz"]Sounds like a great idea. Although, Bloody Mary's are my breakfast drink! By dinner time, I'm all about drinking my lime vodka :wink:

Expensive date ! Fun date !!!:mrgreen:

Jeee . .you fellas have to get that on !

Have a great time. :mrgreen:

RashanGary
08-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Sounds like Nutz has to travel a distance. Whatever day he's going might be a good day for us GB natives to make the 10 minute drive :)...

I can get off work. I'll just con someone into taking my shift.

Partial
08-01-2006, 09:44 AM
The only day's that work for me are Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays. Sundays are off days after all the Sat preseason games. Mondays are light days with shells so it would be less fun. Wednesday next week is 9AM and the following is 2PM...

Everyone just get an idea of what works. The only really good time for me is Wednesday the 16th at 2 PM.

It sounds like Partial works during those hours....CRAP..Someone just come up with a good pads practice and I'll figure a way to get off work.

Monday night at 6:30 is full pads, where as the morning practice is listed as shells. I think the night practices are where they are going to do the most hitting and be the most intense

RashanGary
08-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I see that...Great call.

AtlPackFan
08-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Obviously, ain't going to happen for me. Take lots of pictures and POST them please.

jack's smirking revenge
08-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Since I can't make it to Packer camp, I'll head down to Winter Park and cause some trouble, infame the Packer Rats name in Queensland!

Have a great time all. Wish I could join you.

tyler

Partial
08-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Obviously, ain't going to happen for me. Take lots of pictures and POST them please.

I will try and do my best on this

Partial
08-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Since I can't make it to Packer camp, I'll head down to Winter Park and cause some trouble, infame the Packer Rats name in Queensland!

tyler

thanks! Wish you could make it down too. I hope you have a great time causin' trouble :lol:

Partial
08-01-2006, 10:05 AM
So Monday it is Collins, Michelle and Wist? I am thinking that Monday is going to be the best day for me. Otherwise, Thursday should work too. It has to be a night practice, thats really the only factor that would hold me up. I can make any day, but I think Monday night should be one heck of a practice

RashanGary
08-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Monday it is. I'm in.

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 10:31 AM
I work 8-4:30 August 16th..A 6:30 practice would work for me, but I'd doubt it would matter what I think considering I've hardly been posting here LOL

Edit: Didn't read the whole thread..Monday the 7th at 6:30 would work for me, if I haven't fallen out of favor with this place with my lack of posts..

RashanGary
08-01-2006, 10:33 AM
SWEET...Welcome BF4. I don't mean to make any rivalries or anything cuz your both cool as hell but I think Partial took yoru spot as the young, social outgoing poster who everyone likes. Everyone still likes you too but yoru not here :)

Where have you been? packerchatters? It's starting to pick up here again.

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 10:35 AM
SWEET...Welcome BF4. I don't mean to make any rivalries or anything cuz your both cool as hell but I think Partial took yoru spot as the young, social outgoing poster who everyone likes. Everyone still likes you too but yoru not here :)

Where have you been? packerchatters? It's starting to pick up here again.
Oh, I figured someone else would take my spot :wink:

I don't know, I've been around. I'll start posting here a lot more though, since the season is starting and all.. :D

Partial
08-01-2006, 10:43 AM
I work 8-4:30 August 16th..A 6:30 practice would work for me, but I'd doubt it would matter what I think considering I've hardly been posting here LOL

Edit: Didn't read the whole thread..Monday the 7th at 6:30 would work for me, if I haven't fallen out of favor with this place with my lack of posts..

So you're coming? That'll be awesome!

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 10:51 AM

So you're coming? That'll be awesome!
Yep, I'll be there. It'll be a lot of fun! :cool:

Deputy Nutz
08-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I will be heading up early on Monday the 7th. If Mad oks it, I am going to con SkinBasket into making me a logo or two and printing off some PackerRat shirts. Once again if the head cheese oks it I will hand a few out at training camp.

wist43
08-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Monday, Aug. 7th, 6:30... where, exactly??? Even on a down day there'll be hundreds of people out there. We need to have a designated spot to meet.

What time does practice start???

Drinks after practice???

BF4MVP
PackerRats shirts? Well shit, I guess I won't get to wear my FERGY JERSEY :wink:

Pack0514
Nutz - print up some bikini tops for the Hottie Rats.

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Monday, Aug. 7th, 6:30... where, exactly??? Even on a down day there'll be hundreds of people out there. We need to have a designated spot to meet.
I'm sure someone will figure out a spot, perhaps by the Clark Hinkle Field sign or something like that (just throwin it out there)

6:30 P.M.

Drinks after practice???
If they got soda there, I'd be up for that :wink:

Partial
08-01-2006, 11:28 AM

Drinks after practice???

Practice starts at 6:30. I was thinking meet around 5:30? After practice I intend to hang out for like an hour then head back home, so hopefully we go to a place that doesn't card too strictly or lets underagers in if they don't drink after.

Deputy Nutz
08-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't really know Green Bay all that well, so someone else can make the plans were to meet, what time, and all that other bull. I am just going to show up.

RashanGary
08-01-2006, 11:38 AM
We should just go to Curly's. Everyone's allowed in, it has drinks for all, the running back challenge thingy and a mini arcade. Also, it's right accross the street and gives you the chance to spend some time in the atrium if you're not here often.

GBM probably knows better than me. I've been here for 5 years but I think Curly's is hard to go wrong.

Partial
08-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Sounds good to me

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Curly's is awesome. We should definitely go there. Haven't been there in awhile.

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 12:07 PM
I think Curly's would be the best idea for us to meet at. The other area sports bars do card and I'm afraid some wouldn't be able to get in. A good spot to meet would be upstairs at Curly's, in the back by the pool tables.

Walking from the stadium, you'll be able to see all the kids lined up with their bikes and the players riding them. It's a cool thing to see. The practice field is right across the parking lot.

For those of you coming from out of town, drop me a PM or email and I'll get you directions. if you want to swap cell #'s, that might not be a bad idea either.

007, are you coming?? :wink: Not sure I can handle this much testosterone myself...lol

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 12:11 PM

I am thinking that monday night might work the best. Monday, August 7th, at 6:30. Does that work for everyone?

I am thinking about taking off work at 2 so I can get there by 5. How far is it from Milwaukee? I've never been there.

Partial, it depends what part of Milwaukee you're coming from. there is ALOT of construction down by Fond du Lac right now (well, last month there was and it was one lane for quite a while). I highly recommend taking I43 to up GB and then coming over on Hwy 172. From my house to downtown Milwaukee takes me about an hour and 30 minutes.

Partial
08-01-2006, 12:20 PM

Partial, it depends what part of Milwaukee you're coming from. there is ALOT of construction down by Fond du Lac right now (well, last month there was and it was one lane for quite a while). I highly recommend taking I43 to up GB and then coming over on Hwy 172. From my house to downtown Milwaukee takes me about an hour and 30 minutes.

Wow, thats not too bad at all if you live in green bay. I live 10 minutes from downtown at best, so thats probably how I will get there then. Google maps has me going that way and it taking 2 hours and 8 minutes. Weird, considering I go 9 miles before getting on i-43 downtown. I figure I can probably make it in like 1:45 going 5-10 over the whole way, so that will work out well if I leave work at 2

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
So lemme get this straight..

We're hanging out at Curlys before camp, not after?

Partial
08-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I thought after. Maybe both? Any thoughts guys? I just made this a sticky and posted the time at the top

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 12:26 PM
I thought after. Maybe both? Any thoughts guys? I just made this a sticky and posted the time at the top
I initially thought after, but then GBM mentioned "meeting there" and I got all confused LOL..

Oscar
08-01-2006, 12:35 PM
I hope you guys and gals have a great time. I'm about 10 hours away and start a new job on the 7th so not this year. If this could be something that could be an anual kinda thing I could schedule a vacation around the week everyone is gonna meet. If theres a couple week notice. I think it would be a blast to see a practice and to see my first practice there with some fellow rats would be even better. :D

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
The only reason I suggested Curly's is so that you guys can see the players coming out of the locker room and riding the bikes. We don't HAVE to meet there.

When I go, I park on the south side of the field, over by the Express gas Station. We can also meet there and then drive back to Curly's.

It makes no difference to me.

Partial
08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
I hope you guys and gals have a great time. I'm about 10 hours away and start a new job on the 7th so not this year. If this could be something that could be an anual kinda thing I could schedule a vacation around the week everyone is gonna meet. If theres a couple week notice. I think it would be a blast to see a practice and to see my first practice there with some fellow rats would be even better. :D

Wish you could join us man. I've never been to a practice or a game myself, and am very much looking forward to it. I really really really hope Favre is practicing that day!

wist43
08-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Partial, I didn't know you're in Milwaukee... me too. I live by the Greek Orthodox Church.

We might as well car pool??? The AC is out in my Jeep though... Hopefully, the temp will come down by then.

Partial
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Partial, I didn't know you're in Milwaukee... me too. I live by the Greek Orthodox Church.

We might as well car pool??? The AC is out in my Jeep though... Hopefully, the temp will come down by then.

uh oh, the AC is out in my car also. PM me about it and we can discuss. I've got to leave early on that Monday so we can get up there. I'm not in downtown Milwaukee by any means but am in the surrounding suburbs, but close enough.

BallHawk
08-01-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't live anywhere near Wisconsin, but if I did go you guys would look like a bunch of petafiles. I just had this image of like 6 complete strangers at a restauraunt and a little kid at the end of the booth. Ok, I just wanted to share that, continue with your discussion.

woodbuck27
08-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I LOVE IT - when a plan comes together.

HAVE A SUPER TIME !!! :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
08-01-2006, 09:54 PM
007, are you coming?? :wink: Not sure I can handle this much testosterone myself...lol

lol sorry Michelle, as of right now I will be in GB from Fri-Sun for family night. That's a little bit up in the air right now too unfortunately. To go to Mon practice I'd have to also take off work Mon and Tues and things are just too busy right now to miss all that work. Hope you all have a great time!!

cheddarhead
08-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Sounds like a plan! Living in Rochester, MN I've taken all the Viqueen camp garbage I can take! Roadtripping back to God's country Monday to have a couple Leinie's is the remedy! See you all at Curly's :D

Partial
08-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Sounds like a plan! Living in Rochester, MN I've taken all the Viqueen camp garbage I can take! Roadtripping back to God's country Monday to have a couple Leinie's is the remedy! See you all at Curly's :D

Awesome!! I admire your dedication!!! :cool:

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 11:20 PM
BF4 and GregJ, do you want to carpool? :lol:

I wish you could join us, 007.... but I can understand about the whole work issue. I hope you guys have a great time this weekend.

RashanGary
08-02-2006, 03:19 AM
BF4 and GregJ, do you want to carpool? :lol:

I wish you could join us, 007.... but I can understand about the whole work issue. I hope you guys have a great time this weekend.

I might be running late. Hopefully I can make it in time to get a reasonable seat in the bleachers. My Michelle gets off work at 5:30 so she might come too.

wist43
08-02-2006, 08:48 AM
So we're settled??? 5:30 at Curly's???

Partial and I are riding together - if there's anybody else who lives in Milwaukee and wants to car pool up, let me know... I have plenty of room.

We're planning on leaving about 3:15 to 3:30ish.

AtlPackFan
08-02-2006, 08:52 AM

tyler
Hey Tyler, good idea! Lets see if those of us who live in the enemies backyard can't display our Packer Pride to those fans who are less educated than us and choose to pull for a team other than the Packers.

I pass Falcon's training camp everyday on my way to work. I'll see if I can't lob a few "Packer's rule!" comments into the Falcon's Flowery Branch facility

BTW, what does it say about a pro football team when your practice facility is in a place called Flowery Branch? :mrgreen:

mngolf19
08-02-2006, 12:29 PM

tyler
Hey Tyler, good idea! Lets see if those of us who live in the enemies backyard can't display our Packer Pride to those fans who are less educated than us and choose to pull for a team other than the Packers.

Less educated than a Packer fan? Is that possible? :wink: Sorry, couldn't help myself.

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Less educated than a Packer fan? Is that possible? :wink: Sorry, couldn't help myself.

You haven't been on the KFAN forum, have you?

Tarlam!
08-02-2006, 03:07 PM
How may I put it...

I am sooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJZiggy
08-02-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm green with ya. Can we have lots and lotsa pictures? Please??

Partial
08-02-2006, 03:26 PM

I'll bring my camera, 512mb card and see what I can do. It's not an SLR so they won't be awesome pictures but we'll see how they turnout for it being night time

wist43
08-02-2006, 04:26 PM

I'll bring my camera, 512mb card and see what I can do. It's not an SLR so they won't be awesome pictures but we'll see how they turnout for it being night time

Partial, of course they'll be awesome pics... we'll be in them!!!

GBRulz
08-02-2006, 05:10 PM
I will bring my mini DV camcorder so I can put some video on here, too. I will be sure to take full advantage of the 400x hindsight finder, err zoom...as not to let my fellow EC girls down.

See, this is a great combination... the guys can take all the notes and I will provide the video. Perhaps I can get one of them to pose like a news reporter and do a mini news cast that I can put on here. I'm sure BF4 is game for that :wink:

BF4MVP
08-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Perhaps I can get one of them to pose like a news reporter and do a mini news cast that I can put on here. I'm sure BF4 is game for that :wink:
:shock:

:wink:

Badgepack
08-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Maybe ya'll can get press credentials.

GBRulz
08-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Perhaps I can get one of them to pose like a news reporter and do a mini news cast that I can put on here. I'm sure BF4 is game for that :wink:
:shock:

:wink:

thank you for volunteering. I always knew you were a nice guy :mrgreen:

AtlPackFan
08-02-2006, 05:34 PM

tyler

Oooo.......touche. I set myself up for that one. :oops: So, your response really should be "less educated than an AtlPackFan Packer fan?..."

MJZiggy
08-02-2006, 06:56 PM

tyler

Oooo.......touche. I set myself up for that one. :oops: So, your response really should be "less educated than an AtlPackFan Packer fan?..."

I'm amazed that one of you hasn't posted this yet, but here goes. Less educated than a Packer fan? Sure that's possible. It's called a Viking fan.

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I put the above High School Permission slip in here as a lame-ass joke. Mad deleted it, and now he'll tell you why. Mad?

swede
08-02-2006, 10:46 PM
I thought it was funny.

Either Mad's legal department felt that PR.com would assume prohibitive levels of in loco parentis responsibilty in the event minors deliberately used the form to scam parental permission to join in the debauchery or he simply had a sudden urge to piss off the Blue Dawg.

I scored four club seat tickets to family night, so I'll have to do some fancy talking to get the ol' ball and chain to let me drive up to GB again twice in a week. Believe me, I am scheming and looking for good angles. The biggest problem for me would be getting my twelve year old son to forgive me for not taking him to a TC practice merely because I'd be meeting a colorful group of friends I don't know and drinking with them after.

the_idle_threat
08-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Trademark infringement?

I thought it was funny too.

AtlPackFan
08-03-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm amazed that one of you hasn't posted this yet, but here goes. Less educated than a Packer fan? Sure that's possible. It's called a Viking fan.

Or a Bear fan, or a Lion fan, or a Falcon fan, or a... :mrgreen:

GBRulz
08-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Blue - maybe he will PM you about it privately because he doesn't feel that all of us need to know and get involved with it.

I do have to agree with the legality of it though. in these days of sue happy people, who knows if someone will actually use that permission slip and if something happens, start a lawsuit against PR. Seeing the owner is a poor Mexican corn farmer, we just can't take the chance.....

Harlan Huckleby
08-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Blue - maybe he will PM you about it privately because he doesn't feel that all of us need to know and get involved with it.

I do have to agree with the legality of it though. in these days of sue happy people, who knows if someone will actually use that permission slip and if something happens, start a lawsuit against PR. Seeing the owner is a poor Mexican corn farmer, we just can't take the chance.....

Umm, somebody fills out the permission slip, and does what with it? It's far fetched that anyone would be so stupid at to fill it out. But if they did, who would they send it to? A comment in the thread would have been sufficient, and probably unnecessary.

Mad told me that a frivilous joke such as this was inappropriate for this thread, especially since I am not going on the trip. I don't think censors should be making such decisions.

Mad also let me know that Tank and I would be monitored by stricter rules than other members.

I think censorship should used only as a last resort. A couple weeks ago, Partial locked a thread I commented in, not because trouble was breaking out (as was announced), but because I had a defiant attitude towards Madtown.

Best wishes.

Murph?
08-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Your right, trouble has come to town Blue Dog, And it just crapped in your crock pot.

Partial
08-03-2006, 01:30 PM
hey he's back! let me check for you.

Murph?
08-03-2006, 01:36 PM
ooh that's better.

BallHawk
08-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Welcome back, Murph.

Partial
08-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Muph check your PMs.

Murphy37
08-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Am I here yet?

Murphy37
08-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Partial, I got the PM, your a good kid.

Deputy Nutz
08-03-2006, 01:45 PM
You could have said hi. I was so lonely, hard to sleep at night without you.
I actually had to go to the wife for comfort. Don't ever make me do it again.

Murphy37
08-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Come on guys, don't make me say "I missed you." This is a Packer site for the love of God. I'm not going to do some big tearful feminine poem about my feelings towards packerrats and it's members, and how good it is to be back here. I simply got lost in an Amish sheep farm for the last couple of months and lost track of time. My thing itches.

Partial
08-03-2006, 02:01 PM
you gonna come on mon?

Deputy Nutz
08-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Tell me just once that you missed and needed me. Come on for old times sake?

Murphy37
08-03-2006, 02:08 PM
you gonna come on mon?

What's this mean?

Partial
08-03-2006, 02:09 PM
we're going to the practice monday. come.

Murphy37
08-03-2006, 02:12 PM

OK, I missed the times you picked me up from the free clinic, crying on your shoulder while you told me everything was going to be OK. Which reminds me, could you pick me up there later today, I'm having some things burnt off and it hurts to push the pedals on my bike. Man I really F'd up this thread. Just like old times.

Murphy37
08-03-2006, 02:15 PM
we're going to the practice monday. come.

Interesting. If I don't start work I guess it's possible. I would have to bring Murph Jr. Sounds like a family field trip.

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 02:15 PM

OK, I missed the times you picked me up from the free clinic, crying on your shoulder while you told me everything was going to be OK. Which reminds me, could you pick me up there later today, I'm having some things burnt off and it hurts to push the pedals on my bike. Man I really F'd up this thread. Just like old times.

:mrgreen: X 100.

Some things should never change.

Partial
08-03-2006, 08:06 PM
LAME!!!! :evil:

my boss mentioned we may have to work on location Monday, which means I will have to stay at work until 5. God damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJZiggy
08-03-2006, 08:28 PM
You could have said hi. I was so lonely, hard to sleep at night without you.
I actually had to go to the wife for comfort. Don't ever make me do it again.
Aww damn. Here comes another kid. :wink:

Joemailman
08-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Come on guys, don't make me say "I missed you." This is a Packer site for the love of God. I'm not going to do some big tearful feminine poem about my feelings towards packerrats and it's members, and how good it is to be back here. I simply got lost in an Amish sheep farm for the last couple of months and lost track of time. My thing itches.

What Murphy is really thinking:

Hello Old Friend
by Eric Clapton
As I am strolling down the garden path,
I saw a flower glowing in the dark.
It looked so pretty and it was unique;
I had to bend down just to have a peek.

Hello old friend,
It's really good to see you once again.
Hello old friend,
It's really good to see you once again.

I saw you walking underneath the stars;
I couldn't stop 'cause I was in a car.
I'm sure the distance wouldn't be too far
If I got out and walked to where you are.

Chorus

An old man passed me on the street today;
I thought I knew him but I couldn't say.
I stopped to think if I could place his frame.
When he tipped his hat I knew his name.

Chorus

Chorus

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2006, 10:50 PM
you gonna come on mon?

Who the hell is mon, and does mon walk erect?

wist43
08-04-2006, 11:19 AM
So who's going???

mngolf19
08-04-2006, 12:03 PM

You haven't been on the KFAN forum, have you?

Harv, your right. I forgot about that.

mngolf19
08-04-2006, 12:11 PM
One of these days, I'd like to join you folks and see what all the excitement is about. A little more notice and I will next time. Sounds like a good time, despite the Pack angle.

Deputy Nutz
08-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Partial your lame, tell them to piss off, your going to training camp.

I am still going but my buddy might have to work. I think I am still going for the whole day. I think I want to walk around Lambeau go to the hall of fame and do all the crazy stuff you can do in Green Bay

mngolf19
08-04-2006, 12:47 PM

tyler

Zig, I knew I could count on you for a counterpunch. :smile:

MJZiggy
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Anytime I can be of service. :razz: :cool:

Murphy37
08-04-2006, 01:07 PM
OK, I'm toying with the idea of going to this thing. If I bring my kid you guys better not harrass us. I have trained him to kick people in the nuts so beware. What are the details? Don't tell me I have to read all 6 pages of the thread to figure it out!

mraynrand
08-04-2006, 01:39 PM

Murph, I'm certain that APB ("tank") would be willing to write a tearful poem with no meter or rhyme, containing tons of errors and mixed metaphors, if you just say that you love him.

Murphy37
08-04-2006, 01:43 PM

Murph, I'm certain that APB ("tank") would be willing to write a tearful poem with no meter or rhyme, containing tons of errors and mixed metaphors, if you just say that you love him.

Tank knows I love him. I love all God's creatures, except those purple ones in Minnesota.

Partial
08-04-2006, 01:55 PM
OK, I'm toying with the idea of going to this thing. If I bring my kid you guys better not harrass us. I have trained him to kick people in the nuts so beware. What are the details? Don't tell me I have to read all 6 pages of the thread to figure it out!

meet at 5:30 at Curleys. Monday, August 7th. PRactice starts at 6pm

Murphy37
08-04-2006, 02:00 PM

meet at 5:30 at Curleys. Monday, August 7th. PRactice starts at 6pm

How do I know who to look for? Will there be a sign that says "Hey Murph, put your pants on, we're over here!"

RashanGary
08-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Partial's gotta go...

We'll have to hurry over to the field cuz it gets busy quick. We need to find a good bleacher spot. Not to be a wuss, but I hate standing the whole practice.

No Mo Moss
08-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Man I'm jealous. I was just down there last weekend for the stadium tour to get some photos for my website, but I can't get down on monday. Sounds like fun. Since quite a few of us live up in Minneapolis we should get together at Gabe's on Lexington for the preseason games.

Tyler I know you're up for it. Anyone.....Anyone.....Bueller.....Bueller.

Partial
08-04-2006, 04:28 PM
alright, here is the scoop. I am working until 4 on location instead of 5, and then I am gonna hall ass up to green bay to make it just in time for practice to start. Somebody save me a seat!!!

CaptainKickass
08-04-2006, 05:29 PM
My jealousy precedes me.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Tyler I know you're up for it. Anyone.....Anyone.....Bueller.....Bueller.

I usually go out to the bars for the regular season games, but the preseason games I usually just catch on the NFL Channel. We should look into hooking up once the regular season rolls around.

RashanGary
08-04-2006, 05:39 PM
alright, here is the scoop. I am working until 4 on location instead of 5, and then I am gonna hall ass up to green bay to make it just in time for practice to start. Somebody save me a seat!!!

We'll figure something out. Mabe you and Michele can talk and exchange cell #'s so when you're on your way we can be prepared and you're not stuck looking around for us. Saving a seat is cool too. My bro did that for me and you just cut up, take a seat and watch the practice. I almost felt guilty :) with all the people standing trying to see over 6'6 heads adn I jumped up on the bleachers for a prime seat in the perfect location....

Scott Campbell
08-04-2006, 05:49 PM
With this many PR attendees, you'd think we'd get one hell of a good training camp report. Unless you all go out and get drunk.

Who's the designated writer?

Partial
08-04-2006, 05:59 PM
I intend to be a dork and take notes.

Deputy Nutz
08-04-2006, 06:19 PM
If practice starts at 6pm I think we need to meet at Curly's a little earlier than 5:30.

Anyways, Murphy PM me and we can talk about certain arrangements, I am trying to get ahold of Skinbasket, but the bastard has been AWOL for the last two fucking weeks.

wist43
08-04-2006, 10:43 PM
I should be there by 4:30 or 5:00...

I've never been to Curly's, is there an area of the bar that we can congregate so we can find each other???

the_idle_threat
08-04-2006, 10:57 PM
The men's room?

BF4MVP
08-05-2006, 02:00 AM
If practice starts at 6pm I think we need to meet at Curly's a little earlier than 5:30.

Anyways, Murphy PM me and we can talk about certain arrangements, I am trying to get ahold of Skinbasket, but the bastard has been AWOL for the last two fucking weeks.
Practice doesn't start until 6:30...

RashanGary
08-05-2006, 02:31 AM
I should be there by 4:30 or 5:00...

I've never been to Curly's, is there an area of the bar that we can congregate so we can find each other???

I'll try to be early too and it sounds like Nutz is as well. Before we leave, everyone just say exactly what they are going to wear so we can all be on the look out. If you see David Schwimmer, it's not David Schwimmer. It's me so that'll be easy for ya's.

Partial
08-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Everyone post a pic of themselves. I will take one tomorrow and post one. Also post what you'll be wearing.

wist43
08-05-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm 43 yrs old, 6', 220 lbs, and work out regularly - so I'm in pretty good shape. I'm bald, slightly graying, and have a tattoo of a wolf on my right forearm (naval rite of passage).

I have a pretty outgoing personality and tend to stand out in a crowd... you guys should have no trouble finding me.

Belly up to the bar... we'll find each other.

BF4MVP
08-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Everyone post a pic of themselves. I will take one tomorrow and post one. Also post what you'll be wearing.
That kid is me ^^^

I'm 6'2" and pretty skinny..

I'll be wearing my Fergy jersey and the hat I'm wearing in the picture...

mraynrand
08-05-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, but if I do, I'm pretty hard to miss. I'm a svelt, athletic, highly attractive 40 year old. Plus I'll be the one wearing the Favre jersey.

http://www.jasoco.net/data/files/images/Homer%20Simpson%20as%20a%20Human.jpg

BallHawk
08-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I'll be wearing my Fergy jersey

Still trying to squeeze as much value as that jersey has left?

Partial
08-05-2006, 02:01 PM
alright guys, if you're going to post a pic, make sure you host it on photobucket or someplace not affiliated with your name in the URL, and change the file name to something generic.

BF4MVP
08-05-2006, 02:12 PM
A couple things about that:

1. It ain't a big deal that people know my name..

2. Why would anyone look at the URL anyways?

mraynrand
08-05-2006, 02:43 PM
A couple things about that:

1. It ain't a big deal that people know my name..

2. Why would anyone look at the URL anyways?

I would because Partial suggested it!

Bretsky
08-05-2006, 02:54 PM
That kid is me ^^^

You'll be easy to find then cause you'll be the only one wearing 89 besides the Fraud Himself :wink:

Partial
08-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Touche BF, sorry I removed your pic. Repost it.

I look like this, accept fatter now.
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/dbucholtz/BigPimpim2.jpg

Deputy Nutz
08-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Here is a picture of myself from 3 years ago.

http://www-bsac.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cookbw/Leopold/lavalounge/dork.jpg

I know I am pretty hot.

Deputy Nutz
08-05-2006, 10:47 PM
You like my vest?

Partial
08-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Nutz i've gotten 4 phone numbers since I posted my pic. Beat that! :razz:

Deputy Nutz
08-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Nutz i've gotten 4 phone numbers since I posted my pic. Beat that! :razz:

Fine you didn't like that picture, how about this one?

http://skolelan.no/arco/the_arc3.JPG

Just because Greg Jennings gave you all 4 of his numbers, doesn't mean you are better looking than I am.

b bulldog
08-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Man, put your shirt back on, too much skin being shown there.

BF4MVP
08-05-2006, 11:31 PM
That kid is me ^^^

You'll be easy to find then cause you'll be the only one wearing 89 besides the Fraud Himself :wink:
This is true. I don't need to repost the pic, because everyone will know me by what I'm wearing.. :wink:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-05-2006, 11:40 PM

How do u post a pic from your pics saved on your computer.

Partial
08-06-2006, 01:55 AM
Go to a site like photobucket and open an account. From there, you can upload pictures using their interface. They will host them, and they will give you the code to post them directly on there site.

RashanGary
08-06-2006, 02:44 AM
I look like David Schwimmer. I'm average height, average size. I'll wear green shorts, green shoes and a black/yellow tee shirt. I dont' really sport Packer apparel so the colors will have to do.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Go to a site like photobucket and open an account. From there, you can upload pictures using their interface. They will host them, and they will give you the code to post them directly on there site.

Thanks, it worked

Deputy Nutz
08-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Listen up you fuckers. I was going to make tee shirts to hand out/sell at this whole training camp thing, but I just simply could not do them cheap enough without knowing how many I could sell at cost. So tough luck bugaroos.

RashanGary
08-06-2006, 08:42 PM
How much was each gonna cost? What were they gonna look like fucker?

Partial
08-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Alright guys, so what is the plan?

GrnBay007
08-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Where is Michele?? You guys really need a woman in charge to organize this!! :D

Deputy Nutz
08-06-2006, 08:55 PM

It was going to have PACKERRATS.COM lettering right below the collar, about 3 inches down. Then it was going to have the lettering on the left sleeve as well. Then on the back it would have the packerrat logo of the rate in the favre jersey with the website address below it.

I was going to either do it on a green or gray shirt. Maybe even a white one.

RashanGary
08-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Grey or White and I'm game. I'd wear it. Were they over $25?

RashanGary
08-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah...It's tomorrow. We need to get a direct meeting place and time so we don't get lost. I'm the only person alive w/out a cell phone so I'm not gonna beable to call anyone or anything like that. We need some sort of plan. It might be kind of busy in the atrium with fans hanging out before practice. We should have some sort of plan. Right now I don't really know where we're meeting exactly.

Deputy Nutz
08-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Shit was only going to cost at the most 10 bucks. If that. But if I made ten shirts at ten bucks a peice that is a lot of change. Most likely they were only going to cost 5 bucks, but I wasn't going to make ten shirts and get raped you know?

Partial
08-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Can someone who knows what they're doing PM me their phone number so I can call them when i'm wandering around aimlessly arriving right before practice?

Partial
08-06-2006, 09:35 PM
alright, so I know to look for Ross and a kid close to my age in a fergy jersey.

BF4MVP
08-06-2006, 10:08 PM
This is how they should have looked:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/nickselinsky/packerratsshirt.jpg

I'd buy that.

wist43
08-06-2006, 10:16 PM
How big is Curly's???

It shouldn't be too difficult to spot our fellow travelers... we'll all be wandering around the bar looking completely lost, while we try to find each other.

GrnBay007
08-06-2006, 10:25 PM
lol I know I'm not going and all, but you guys seem very unorganized and Michele does not seem to be available currently. Curley's is not huge but when you don't know who you are looking for it would seem very large. I think you should all meet in the back by the pool tables. There is only one section with pool tables and there are also tables around it where you can get your drinks via waitress (although I hope you have better service then we did Fri. night). My two cents. :razz:

Partial
08-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know Curly's at all and some area that we can meet? I don't know the layout or how it works at all.

Post what you'll be wearing. Hopefully I'll be there by 5:30, but I have my doubts. I figure if I go up to each small section of the bleachers yelling Collins or Packerrats someone will flag me down if i'm not there on time.

wist43
08-06-2006, 10:57 PM
lol I know I'm not going and all, but you guys seem very unorganized and Michele does not seem to be available currently. Curley's is not huge but when you don't know who you are looking for it would seem very large. I think you should all meet in the back by the pool tables. There is only one section with pool tables and there are also tables around it where you can get your drinks via waitress (although I hope you have better service then we did Fri. night). My two cents. :razz:

This seems to work... meet back by the pool tables.

Partial
08-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Pool tables at 5:30 it is

RashanGary
08-06-2006, 11:56 PM
You guys...I have confession to make.

It is my wedding anniversary tomorrow. Monday August 7th. We're going to Chicago next week to celebrate, however, a part of me wonders if this is the type of thing women sit around and shake their heads in discust about. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go but I think jimmini *cricket* is in my ear telling me something and I'm not quite making it out. Either it's that damn cricket or 2 years of my wifes rath eccoing in my ear.

Well, as of right now I'm going. I'm have a feeling we'll beable to sit back and laugh about this some day but jimmini is whispering otherwise. Well, yards of beer and Packer football are waiting. I just flicked that little fucker into the wall.

Pool tables works for me :) We should probably try to get over there as soon as possible. The seats fill up quick.

GrnBay007
08-07-2006, 12:02 AM
I'd sit and shake my head in disgust if my husband didn't want to go. :razz:

hey......that actually happened once. :wink:

GrnBay007
08-07-2006, 12:12 AM
The forecast for Monday practice:

Day: Mostly clear skies. High 79F, humidity 40%. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.

Sounds like great weather. Hope you guys have fun.....bring back some good reports!!

RashanGary
08-07-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm wearing green shorts, and a plain white t shirt that says american eagle on the front.......

Partial
08-07-2006, 01:49 AM
I have considered just making a sign that says Packer Rats. I was going to, and I was on my couch playing madden and eating pizza talking to Nutz when I got this idea. I decided to spring from the couch and run upstairs to see if we had any tag board. Caught my toe on the edge of the couch in spring, and now it is on a 45 degree angle compared to the toe on the other foot. Shit, that little fucker is annoying. Doesn't hurt too badly, but I cannot pop it back in myself, and it sure does sit in the back of your mind and irritate you. Needless to say, i'll be there in the described clothes, but maybe minus a shoe :lol: and no sign

Deputy Nutz
08-07-2006, 10:14 AM
I have considered just making a sign that says Packer Rats. I was going to, and I was on my couch playing madden and eating pizza talking to Nutz when I got this idea. I decided to spring from the couch and run upstairs to see if we had any tag board. Caught my toe on the edge of the couch in spring, and now it is on a 45 degree angle compared to the toe on the other foot. Shit, that little fucker is annoying. Doesn't hurt too badly, but I cannot pop it back in myself, and it sure does sit in the back of your mind and irritate you. Needless to say, i'll be there in the described clothes, but maybe minus a shoe :lol: and no sign

Well there goes your diet. A broken toe will keep you from running and playing tennis. Too Bad.

I will be wearing a shirt that says "FU"

Partial
08-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Well Fellas, I hate to be "that guy", but it looks like I cannot make it. I just got into work after being in the urgent care center. My toe is now only 15 degrees of from a normal toe, as opposed to the 70 when I broke it. I dislocated it and fractured it in two places. I am gonna post the pics and xrays later since they're pretty nasty

wist43
08-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Well, if I end up there by myself, I'll have a beer, a burger, and go watch practice... no worries.

I've done less in a day.

Partial
08-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Nutz is definitely going. Wist is definitely going. Michelle, Collins and BF4MVP still are. I am really pissed off that I broke my toe. Anyone want to go again to a night practice next week?

GBRulz
08-07-2006, 11:45 AM
LOL - thanks guys for saying we're meeting at the pool tables. didn't I say that way back on page 2 ??

GBRulz
08-07-2006, 11:48 AM
partial, that sucks....sorry about your toe!! Are you in a cast? If so, you're missing out on a great autograph opportunity :mrgreen:

I know who BF4 is, so I'll look for him tonight. I'd feel stupid going up to someone and asking "hi, are you nutz?" :wink:

Partial
08-07-2006, 11:49 AM
you know what, screw it. I am gonna see if I can get outta here by 3 anyway since I cannot do what we were supposed to do today anyway.

GBRulz
08-07-2006, 11:55 AM
ok, I'll bring a sharpie along for ya :wink:

Murphy37
08-07-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm a loser, I can't go. Hell I can make the day practices this week easier than the night ones. Who's idea was it to have kids anyways. I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time when I was all sweatty and naked tryin to slip one past the goalie. Now look at me. Little bugger is always ruining my good times. He better play for the Badgers or I'm gonna want a refund.

TPF
08-07-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm a loser, I can't go. Hell I can make the day practices this week easier than the night ones. Who's idea was it to have kids anyways. I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time when I was all sweatty and naked tryin to slip one past the goalie. Now look at me. Little bugger is always ruining my good times. He better play for the Badgers or I'm gonna want a refund.

HA!

TPF
08-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Partial, do you and Nutz live together.

GBRulz
08-07-2006, 03:24 PM
guys, I will be running late because I had to schedule an appt to get my dog into the vet (regular tests for her Addison's Disease) and I could get in at 5:45 today.

i know the dude in the Fergy jersey so I'll just look for him :wink:

MJZiggy
08-07-2006, 03:29 PM
So someone else has to take over picture duty 'til she gets there.

Partial
08-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Partial, do you and Nutz live together.

live together... like men

Partial
08-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Well, I am ticked off and stuck at work until 5:30 today because I caem in late for being in the urgent care center. I am pissed beyond belief. At the very least, since I cannot get awesome scrimmage photos, i can provide x-rays and self-shots taken of the toe that ruined my day.

BF4MVP
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
i know the dude in the Fergy jersey so I'll just look for him :wink:
Yep. That was pretty funny when you just came up and handed me the packerrats sticker without even asking who I was. The Fergy jersey gave me away then, so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work this time.

Bretsky
08-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Nutz is definitely going. Wist is definitely going. Michelle, Collins and BF4MVP still are. I am really pissed off that I broke my toe. Anyone want to go again to a night practice next week?

I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SWING NEXT WEEK

RashanGary
08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
BF4, Wist and I were the only ones who showed...It was a good time...We had a few brews and watched practice. It was a pretty light practice probably because of the Saterday full contact practice. It was fun though..It was nice to meet a few people...

HarveyWallbangers
08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
We'll have to get something organized October 29th weekend when I'm up there for the Cardinals game.
:D

GBRulz
08-07-2006, 11:05 PM
How was practice? Sorry, Limbo's tests ran longer than expected and by the time I got home it was after 7:30 anyhow.

Harv, we always tailgate at the Sideline Sports Bar (used to be the 50 yard line, it's on the west side of the stadium). You are more than welcome to join our gang!

wist43
08-08-2006, 08:27 AM
We have seperated the wheat from the chaff...

Wheat: GregJennings, BF4MVP, and wist43

Chaff: everybody else

GBRulz
08-08-2006, 08:36 AM
:roll:

Partial
08-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Since they made it to practice, i'm going to de-sticky the thread. I'll keep it open so discussion can continue.