PDA

View Full Version : What are your expectations for the 2010 Packers?

Tony Oday
03-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Baring a major injury bug I expect the following:

QBs- AR have another MVP type year 4,000 yards 35 TDs and in the low teens for picks. Better skills at the dump off pass and the usual "slipperyness" in the pocket.

Matt Flynn to have another developing year as a number 2 QB

RBs: Grant- another solid year with 1200+ yards 10 TDs and develop as a better reciever out of the backfiled.

B Jack-do you want to be a Packer? This is the year you take hold of the number two spot with both hands and show why you were drafted.

Number 3 guy to be one of the most debated positions on the team :)

WR: Jennings has had a year to develop as a number one guy. He has seen what can be thrown against him as other teams gameplan for him and this year he adds 20 catches to his '09 total. This will also be helped by the emergence of the big man Finley.

Driver-late season drops are a thing of the past as he shows the young bucks on the team why he is da man...yeah I used da man :)

Jones, Nelson: who wants it? We need these two to step up their game. Both have the ability so time to show it.

TE: DAMN I AM EXCITED ABOUT THESE GUYS!!!! Lee will step it up as the number two guy so he can get a starting gig out there somewhere. Finley...STAY HEALTHY!!! If he does he is going to be the number 1 TE in the NFL next year...write that down...Havner is going to push Lee for time and this will enhance both of their '10 campaigns

OL: Tauch and Clifton...the last charge of the two imortals...this is really their last year, go out with a bang...AR is going to be on the isotoners comercials touting these guys :) Wells keeps the haters at bay and starts again starting a 100 page debate on him again hehe. College doesn't get his "due" and gets pissed and breaks the blocking sled :) no really...he is out to prove that a second rounder would have been a steal. Lang, Barbre, Giocomini and EDS...well no freaking idea! Sitton well he will just be a solid guy. Overall I think with another training camp under their belt and 3 vets on the line this group gels like Kiper's hair and forms a shield around AR!

DL: Sky is the damn limit here. Raji...2nd year...you know what to do now do it. Pickett...well you have done it since you got here. Jenkins...play those 12 games like you mean it. Harrell...bye...Jolly...cash money millionaire after he BLOWS IT UP this year, he will get a pick six...

LBs: Mathews...sophmore slump :( he only gets 15 sacks...ugh! ;)Its okay CM we will love it! Hawk shows for the first time why he is the stud we drafted. He plays with reckless abandon BLOWING UP FBs...Chillar and Barnett will be solid...Pops could be the last run for this motor guy...Brad Jones decides...hmmm I like being a stud LB and loses the sack competition with CM by 4.

DBs: Woodson shows that there is room for improvement for him...yeah :) Harris learns the nickleback role well and actually thrives covering the third WR. Tramon develops into that 2nd CB we need. Blackmon and Bush get hurt or cut. Collins has a down year after a large contract. Mays comes in and starts from day one.

Packers go 10-6 wild card team, win two playoff games and fall in OT to the new overtime rules!

needless to say I am excited to watch the Pack this year. I think the defense will be AMAZING...I mean look what they did with only one year under Da' Dom. The Offense will attack and be amazing from the start and only give up 23 sacks all year.

Have some fun with it! What are all your thoughts about our team!?

packrulz
03-24-2010, 06:42 AM
I think they can do better than that looking at their schedule:
Green Bay Packers
Home: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins

Away: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots, New York Jets

I'm guessing 11-5.
TT has got to find a LT in this draft for the future, also CB/S, OLB, RB, & QB for depth, I don't expect any starters from the draft. The defense has to learn how to stop spread offenses, I think that requires a better pass rush.

RashanGary
03-24-2010, 06:56 AM
I think the Packers are the best team in the division, so I'm predicting we win the division. 10, 11, 12 wins, whatever it takes, I think we'll take it this year.

I'll have to see how the draft and offseason shake out before I get into how far we'll go in the playoffs. If our depth is better, I might predict SB this year.

Fritz
03-24-2010, 07:00 AM
It's weird how much a team's fortunes are now tied to injuries. Have injuries always played such a huge role? Or were backups better when there were fewer teams?

sepporepi
03-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Or were backups better when there were fewer teams?

I think it is more the free agency. Before the good teams were often really really good with backups often better than the starters from bad teams.

So injuries did not change the relative quality of the teams so radically as today. Today (with the cba) you can simpy not afford keeping all the backups that would be starters on many other teams.

So each team has a big drop of performance at most positions if the starter gets hurt. Or you are lucky/good and have a young, unproven player who really steps up (think Grant, T.Williams) if given the opertunity.

Bretsky
03-24-2010, 08:19 AM
I think GB and MN may be the two best teams in the NFC next year

CaptainKickass
03-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Same expectations as every year....win the damn Superbowl.

:P

RashanGary
03-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Ascending Talent

Greenway, Edwards, Peterson, Rice, Robison, T Jack, T Johnson, Sullivan, Harvin, Loadholt, Allen, Brinkley. . . .

2 - legit stars
2 - Borderline probowlers or better
8 - Serviceable NFL players, possibly better than serviceable

That's 3 per season. Pretty good, especially considering how few picks they've had.

Rodgers, Collins, Poppinga, Hawk, Colledge, Jennings, Spitz, Jolly, B. Jackson, J Jones, K Hall, Bishop, Crosby, Nelson, Finley, Sitton, Flynn, Raji, Matthews, Lang, Q Johnson, B Jones

2 - legit stars (Collins, Rodgers)
4 - borderline probowlers or better (Jennings, Finley, Matthews, Sitton)
16 - Serviceable NFL players, possibly better.

That's 5.5 per season.

It appears the Packers have more ascending talent than the Vikings.

Aging talent that each team would suffer badly if they lost

Pat Williams and Brett Favre are two aging players the Vikings would hurt badly if they lost.

Chad Clifton and Charles Woodson are two aging players the Packers would hurt badly if they lost.

I'd say that part is a push.

Wildcard

Both the Vikings and Packers have some young players that haven't shown much to date. There is always a chance that one of these players, the light goes on. The Packers have more of these types of players being developed. I give the Packers a slight edge here.

Injuries go both ways, so that's a push.

If you asked me, just looking at young ascending talent and old, decending talent, I'd say the Packers look like a team on a sharp rise. The Vikings just had a great draft. If not for that, I'd say they're decending. Because of that, I think they look to stay about the same.

If I had to grade each team last year, I'd give the Vikings and 9 of 10 and the Packers a 7.5 of 10. If I had to guess, I think the Packers will be a slightly better team than the Vikings in 2010. A great draft from either side or some unlucky injuries could easily swing it. Bottom line, the games are going to have to be played, but I like the guys we have. I like our chances!! I think our division is pretty good as a whole too. Lions finally look to be in good hands. Long term, the Bears might suffer for their decisions, but short term they got better. Packers and Vikings look like contenders. Nothing should come easy.

Tony Oday
03-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Ascending Talent

Greenway, Edwards, Peterson, Rice, Robison, T Jack, T Johnson, Sullivan, Harvin, Loadholt, Allen, Brinkley. . . .

2 - legit stars
8 - Players that have shown something that should keep improving

That's 3 per season. Pretty good, especially considering how few picks they've had.

Rodgers, Collins, Poppinga, Hawk, Colledge, Jennings, Spitz, Jolly, B. Jackson, J Jones, K Hall, Bishop, Crosby, Nelson, Finley, Sitton, Flynn, Raji, Matthews, Lang, Q Johnson, B Jones

16 - Players that have shown something that should keep improving

That's 5.5 per season.

Aging talent that each team would suffer badly if they lost

Pat Williams and Brett Favre are two aging players the Vikings would hurt badly if they lost.

Chad Clifton and Charles Woodson are two aging players the Packers would hurt badly if they lost.

I'd say that part is a push.

Wildcard

Both the Vikings and Packers have some young players that haven't shown much to date. There is always a chance that one of these players, the light goes on. The Packers have more of these types of players being developed. I give the Packers a slight edge here.

Injuries go both ways, so that's a push.

If you asked me, just looking at young ascending talent and old, decending talent, I'd say the Packers look like a team on a sharp rise. The Vikings just had a great draft. If not for that, I'd say they're decending. Because of that, I think they look to stay about the same.

If I had to grade each team last year, I'd give the Vikings and 9 of 10 and the Packers a 7.5 of 10. If I had to guess, I think the Packers will be a slightly better team than the Vikings in 2010. A great draft from either side or some unlucky injuries could easily swing it. Bottom line, the games are going to have to be played, but I like the guys we have. I like our chances!! I think our division is pretty good as a whole too. Lions finally look to be in good hands. Long term, the Bears might suffer for their decisions, but short term they got better. Packers and Vikings look like contenders. Nothing should come easy.

Agree with most of it but the declining players...if they somehow lose Favre or he reverts to "old" Favre that team will be lucky to win 9 games.

RashanGary
03-24-2010, 11:38 AM
They were a playoff team without Favre. They're a good team regardless, but they're really good when he's healthy and on the top of hsi game. He still has it, at least in spurts. I think QB is the ultimate reason they can't win it though. Favre hasn't been able to handle a full season two years in a row. He almost made it last year, but broke down at the end. He's at an age where it drops off fast. Id on't think Tjack is good enough. If our team gets better like it appears to be, I agree with you, QB (with our without FAvre) looks like the tipping point for why we're better.

IT's two heavyweights and our QB is 26 years old, great and finishes better than he starts. Theirs is 40 year old, great for large chunks, but unable to finish a season strong. QB is our edge.

sharpe1027
03-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Ascending Talent

2 - legit stars

That's 5.5 per season.

An interesting way to look at it. I like the different approach, but I'm not sure that it is fair to call Poppinga, Hawk, Colledge, B. Jackson, J Jones, K Hall "ascending." I think "plateauing" could just as easily be used to describe any of those guys. Did any of them really improve last year compared to two years ago? Maybe Hawk, but two years ago was a down year for him.

ThunderDan
03-24-2010, 11:54 AM
They were a playoff team without Favre. They're a good team regardless, but they're really good when he's healthy and on the top of hsi game. He still has it, at least in spurts. I think QB is the ultimate reason they can't win it though. Favre hasn't been able to handle a full season two years in a row. He almost made it last year, but broke down at the end. He's at an age where it drops off fast. Id on't think Tjack is good enough. If our team gets better like it appears to be, I agree with you, QB (with our without FAvre) looks like the tipping point for why we're better.

IT's two heavyweights and our QB is 26 years old, great and finishes better than he starts. Theirs is 40 year old, great for large chunks, but unable to finish a season strong. QB is our edge.

The Vikings were a playoff team in 2008 but I know TJack and Sage can't win the SF game, at best split with the Packers and 2 or 3 others. Without BF the Vikings go 8-8 to 10-6 last year. BF Played great in 2009 was a huge difference maker. The Vikings didn't seem to be able to get their running game on track like in 2008.

RashanGary
03-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Ascending Talent

2 - legit stars

That's 5.5 per season.

An interesting way to look at it. I like the different approach, but I'm not sure that it is fair to call Poppinga, Hawk, Colledge, B. Jackson, J Jones, K Hall "ascending." I think "plateauing" could just as easily be used to describe any of those guys. Did any of them really improve last year compared to two years ago? Maybe Hawk, but two years ago was a down year for him.

Tjack, Tyrell Johnson and Brinkley were weak spots too, but I gave a few guys the benefit of the doubt. I guess that last group should be titled, serviceable NFL players, possibly more.

sharpe1027
03-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Tjack, Tyrell Johnson and Brinkley were weak spots too, but I gave a few guys the benefit of the doubt. I guess that last group should be titled, serviceable NFL players, possibly more.

I can agree on that new title.

Brandon494
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
I'll let you know after the draft.

MJZiggy
03-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Or were backups better when there were fewer teams?

I think it is more the free agency. Before the good teams were often really really good with backups often better than the starters from bad teams.

So injuries did not change the relative quality of the teams so radically as today. Today (with the cba) you can simpy not afford keeping all the backups that would be starters on many other teams.

So each team has a big drop of performance at most positions if the starter gets hurt. Or you are lucky/good and have a young, unproven player who really steps up (think Grant, T.Williams) if given the opertunity.

You can also blame specialization. Used to be that there weren't as many specialty players so players could fill in where need be.

mngolf19
03-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Ascending Talent

2 - legit stars

That's 5.5 per season.

JH, Johnson was starting for the first time and Brinkley was a rookie. They really should be listed as ascending. Thats not the same as what the "plateauing" group from above is.

mngolf19
03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
I think GB and MN may be the two best teams in the NFC next year

Agreed.

RashanGary
03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Bjack, Jones and Korey Hall aren't necessarily plateaued. Our guys have just as much chance of ascending as your guys. All have 4 or less years experience in the NFL.

After season three, Nick Collins had seemed to plateau. Whispers of him not really being the guy were starting.

Bam, years 4 and 5, he's the most impactful, productive safety in the NFL for a 2 year span.

Tough to say who's ascending and who isn't. I changed it to serviceable NFL players, maybe mroe. Hawk has been better than any of the three I listed of your guys. He's probably not ascending, but he doesn't have to to beat Brinkley right now.

I had a word choice error that I fixed. Upon fixing, I think the new title fits pretty well and the big picture still applies. The Packers have a lot more young, quality talent from the last 4 drafts.

b bulldog
03-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Game of playmakers, the Vikings have Rice, Harvin, AP, Favre, Shianco, Allen, Henderson, and Greenway is on the cusp.

Packers have Rodgers, Finley, Jennings, Mathews, Woodson, and maybe Collins.

If Brett comes back, the Vikings are clearly better, unless we get someone oppositte the Claymaker, who can rush the passer. This team has no passrush once Mathews is doubled, if your playing a legit O.

RashanGary
03-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I think the way I'm viewing it is better than the way you are viewing it, bulldog.

The Packers are what they were last year. 11-5, one and done playoffs

The Vikings are what they were last year 12-4, one win in playoffs

The Packers look to be improving in many areas. The Vikings don't look to be improving in many areas. If you believe the Packers have more ascending talent (and I do), then you believe they get better at a higher rate than the Vikings, regardless of a subjective view of who qualified as a playmaker last year. It's charting trends, not charting who was better last year.

I'd list Kevin Williams, Jared Allen, Favre (if he's feeling good), Rice and Peterson as playmakers. The rest, really good, but not playmakers.

b bulldog
03-26-2010, 12:18 PM
We can agree to disagree cause I think your way off base. You can say they were one and done which is true, but one must also admit the Vikings were probably the best in the NFC last year and that was with AP having a down year. Hope your right, but would say you are wrong, we shall see.

b bulldog
03-26-2010, 12:21 PM
One more thing, this ascending thing is stupid because the Vikings have a roster already loaded with ascending players, studs, and super studs. They are clearly better with #4, to say otherwise is foolish. We have a D that gets exposed against quality QB's, check the stats.

sharpe1027
03-26-2010, 12:47 PM
One more thing, this ascending thing is stupid because the Vikings have a roster already loaded with ascending players, studs, and super studs. They are clearly better with #4, to say otherwise is foolish. We have a D that gets exposed against quality QB's, check the stats.

The Vikings also have the great equalizer...Brad Childress. Call me a fool, but perhaps it is not as clear as you think.

HarveyWallbangers
03-26-2010, 12:56 PM

Were they clearly better at the end of the year? I'm not sure. Once we got used to the defensive scheme, Clifton and Finley got healthy, and Tauscher was resigned, we won 7 of our last 9 games. We didn't play the Vikings when we were at our best. The Vikings were. They lost 4 of their last 7. Otherwise, we might have won one of those two games and won the division. I know we lost to two teams, Arizona and Pittsburgh, that play the same defensive scheme as we do, but we also beat some good teams in Dallas and Baltimore. I think the two teams were pretty close. We ended up getting beat by Arizona and Pittsburgh, but would you rather have lost to Arizona, Chicago, and Carolina? I say the two teams are close, and I say bring it on.

RashanGary
03-26-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm spot on with Harvey here. We were close last year. I agree, the Vikes were better but. . .

Next years a new year. Last year was the last year we'll be the youngest team in the league. This year, we're growing together and ascending, not starting over with youth.

I don't think it's even close, the Packers have more young talent that looks to be getting better. The Vikings have peaked. We're going to make up ground and I don't think it will take all that much to pass them.

My money, as it stands now, is on the Packers and that's not the fan in me talking. That's logic.

sharpe1027
03-26-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm spot on with Harvey here. We were close last year. I agree, the Vikes were better but. . .

Next years a new year. Last year was the last year we'll be the youngest team in the league. This year, we're growing together and ascending, not starting over with youth.

I don't think it's even close, the Packers have more young talent that looks to be getting better. The Vikings have peaked. We're going to make up ground and I don't think it will take all that much to pass them.

My money, as it stands now, is on the Packers and that's not the fan in me talking. That's logic.

You make a decent argument that the Packers have the potential to improve more. IDK that the queens have peaked though. I think they might get better as a few of their young guys develop. Plus, we have no idea what they will end up with in the draft this year.

I think either team could come out on top. IMO, there's way to many variables for anyone to be too confident one way or the other.

mngolf19
03-26-2010, 03:41 PM

The Vikings also have the great equalizer...Brad Childress. Call me a fool, but perhaps it is not as clear as you think.

As do the Packers with MM. I still don't understand the arguement that MM is any better than Chilly. No matter what anyone thinks of him personally, his record alongside MM's....taking all achievements = even.

mngolf19
03-26-2010, 03:48 PM

It's your opinion, not logic. Logic would say the Vikes can get better as well. Logic would say the Vikes may draft well too. Logic would say your champ until knocked off. Something I've heard here before when Pack was on top. When you said its not even close, logic left the building. It's ok to have that opinion. I just think barring unequal circumstances they'll both be in double digit wins this year. My opinion.

HarveyWallbangers
03-26-2010, 04:48 PM
As do the Packers with MM. I still don't understand the arguement that MM is any better than Chilly. No matter what anyone thinks of him personally, his record alongside MM's....taking all achievements = even.

Not quite. McCarthy = 38-26; Childress = 36-28
:D

pbmax
03-26-2010, 06:11 PM
12-3-1

Win the North. I am predicting it until it comes true.

sharpe1027
03-26-2010, 06:52 PM

I was responding to an assertion that the Vikings had better players. If the Vikings have better players, but their achievements = even wouldn't that meant that MM is better? :wink:

You may not understand the argument for why Chilly isn't that good, but I know that many Vikings fans are less than thrilled that he is still around.

Bretsky
03-26-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm not going to make any bold statements about one team being on the rise more than the other. Remember that the other has produced the offensive rookie of the year two of the last three seasons. Gotta give their GM and scouts plenty of credit as well.

As I stated before, I think GB and MN will be the two best teams in the NFC next year assuming #4 returns

Bretsky
03-26-2010, 07:15 PM

I was responding to an assertion that the Vikings had better players. If the Vikings have better players, but their achievements = even wouldn't that meant that MM is better? :wink:

You may not understand the argument for why Chilly isn't that good, but I know that many Vikings fans are less than thrilled that he is still around.

At this point MM has not really accomplished any more than Chilly so homerism aside the stats would show they are fairly even. True that many Vike fans are unahappy with him...but I'm some GB fans wish TT would have hired Sean Payton instead as well

The Shadow
03-26-2010, 09:30 PM
I thought the Vikings had the best talent in the NFL last year - and we saw why and how what happened - happened.
There is some age in key spots on that team; I don't see them maintaining. Too much ascending/maturing talent on other rosters.
I like the Packers chances just fine.

RashanGary
03-26-2010, 10:15 PM
I just listed 22 serviceable young players or better, 4 borderline stars and 2 legit stars for the Packers.

12 serviceable young players, maybe better for the Vikes, 2 borderline stars and 2 legit stars for the Vikings.

And when you have that many young players with potential, who knows who's going to be the next to break out.

I've heard the other argument for the Vikings maintaining their lead in the division. I know it's possible, but I think the Packers are trending upward, and I don't think the Vikings are. I think the Vikings, have as many old players likely to decline as they do young players likely to get better. The Packers have much more young players likely to get better than old players likely to decline. I don't think the teams are all that different to begin with.

When I said not even close, I said it's not even close who has more good young talent. Could the Vikes get the better of the division? Sure. My money is on the Packers though.

Bretsky
03-27-2010, 09:03 AM
It's my view you were too generous in some of your rankings of Packers
I honestly don't feel like I'm knowledgeable enough up and down the Vikings roster to analyze them the way you did.

I think they will be very close next year

If Favre retires I'd expect to be the NFC Favorite

mngolf19
03-27-2010, 09:37 AM

Not quite. McCarthy = 38-26; Childress = 36-28
:D

Ok, I stand corrected. :wink:

mngolf19
03-27-2010, 09:41 AM

Sharpe, those are the idiots that won't be happy no matter what. Just want something to complain about. They feel better about themselves. I don't love him either but winning covers that up.

mngolf19
03-27-2010, 09:48 AM
I've heard the other argument for the Vikings maintaining their lead in the division. I know it's possible, but I think the Packers are trending upward, and I don't think the Vikings are. I think the Vikings, have as many old players likely to decline as they do young players likely to get better.

Only Favre gets much playing time for older players. So old declining is not an issue.

As for trending upward:

6-10 2006
8-8 2007
10-6 2008
12-4 2009

8-8 2006
13-3 2007
6-10 2008
11-5 2009

Fritz
03-27-2010, 10:20 AM
It's hard for me to say the Packers are better when I think about what it looked like on television watching the Pack get their asses handed to them twice by the Vikes.

I'm in the "we'll see" mode.

Maxie the Taxi
03-27-2010, 11:09 AM
http://48facets.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/carnac.jpg

A. Benny Hinn
Q. Ted Thompson's surprise choice to replace Dr. Patrick McKenzie as Team Physician.

A. It's a miracle!
Q. First words out of Justin Harrell's mouth upon being named first team All Pro, along with Will Blackmon, Al Harris and Jason Spitz.

A. Out Demons!!!!
Q. Last words uttered by Benny Hinn before he evaporated in a ball of fire as he laid his hands on the forehead of DeShawn Wynn.

A. Jimmy Clausen.
Q. Ted Thompson's surprise pick in the 2010 draft when the Notre Dame star unaccountably slips to #23.

A. Who dat?
Q. Dissappointed New Orleans Saints fan watching his TV from home as Mark Murphy accepts the Lombardi Trophy after the Super Bowl.

A. The biggest medicine cabinet in the world.
Q. The first thing Cleft Crusty buys after winning $200-million in the Power Ball lottery.

A. Triple coverage.
Q. What Bret Favre throws into on the last play of the NFC championship game, resulting in Pat Lee's interception for a TD and a Packer win.

A. I've got my fingers crossed.
Q. Mike Holmgren's response on June 30th when asked if his newly acquired QB, Brett Favre, will come out of retirement to start for the Browns in 2011.

b bulldog
03-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Fritz, you nailed it 100%. Our entire offense is tagged to two mold OT's. One is a workhorse, the other will miss at least a couple of games and when our starting tackles are not playing :oops:TT has done a bad job with the Oline.

RashanGary
03-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Fritz, you nailed it 100%. Our entire offense is tagged to two mold OT's. One is a workhorse, the other will miss at least a couple of games and when our starting tackles are not playing :oops:TT has done a bad job with the Oline.

Get in line, the line for those who doubted Ted and were proven wrong ;)

Ted's overcome bigger challenges than this. We replaced Brett Favre, I'd wager Ted will replace Clifton and Tausch just fine.

b bulldog
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM
I like Ted but he has done a terrible job with our line, if Tauscher would have gotten picked up by KC last season, the Pack would have been lucky to go 8-8. That isn't up for debate.

RashanGary
03-29-2010, 07:24 AM
I like Ted but he has done a terrible job with our line, if Tauscher would have gotten picked up by KC last season, the Pack would have been lucky to go 8-8. That isn't up for debate.

They were 13-3 and 11-5 in two of the last three years. That's not up for debate They've been one and three games away from the SB in the last three years. That's also not up for debate. They're young, just starting to grow up and ascending. I guess that's up for debate, but I think it's common sense.

Time will tell. If Ted's as horrible with the OL as you suggest, we'll be in trouble. I think it's going to work out, but time will tell.

Scott Campbell
03-29-2010, 08:23 AM

They were 13-3 and 11-5 in two of the last three years. That's not up for debate They've been one and three games away from the SB in the last three years. That's also not up for debate. They're young, just starting to grow up and ascending. I guess that's up for debate, but I think it's common sense.

Time will tell. If Ted's as horrible with the OL as you suggest, we'll be in trouble. I think it's going to work out, but time will tell.

They're also just one year removed from going 6-10. Your fate in the NFL is sometimes fickle.

I like there chances better than most teams (especially behind a QB like Rodgers), but things need to fall in place.

Joemailman
03-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Things need to fall into place, but the odds of that happening are pretty good. The odds that the OL will be as bad as they were in the first half of last year are pretty remote. The odds that they'll have 3 CB's suffer season ending injuries again is pretty remote. The odds that Aaron will go back to holding onto the ball too long as he did in the 1st half last year are pretty remote.

A lot more things have to go wrong than right for the Packers not to do well.

Tony Oday
02-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Baring a major injury bug I expect the following:

QBs- AR have another MVP type year 4,000 yards 35 TDs and in the low teens for picks. Better skills at the dump off pass and the usual "slipperyness" in the pocket.

Matt Flynn to have another developing year as a number 2 QB

RBs: Grant- another solid year with 1200+ yards 10 TDs and develop as a better reciever out of the backfiled.

B Jack-do you want to be a Packer? This is the year you take hold of the number two spot with both hands and show why you were drafted.

Number 3 guy to be one of the most debated positions on the team :)

WR: Jennings has had a year to develop as a number one guy. He has seen what can be thrown against him as other teams gameplan for him and this year he adds 20 catches to his '09 total. This will also be helped by the emergence of the big man Finley.

Driver-late season drops are a thing of the past as he shows the young bucks on the team why he is da man...yeah I used da man

Jones, Nelson: who wants it? We need these two to step up their game. Both have the ability so time to show it.

TE: DAMN I AM EXCITED ABOUT THESE GUYS!!!! Lee will step it up as the number two guy so he can get a starting gig out there somewhere. Finley...STAY HEALTHY!!! If he does he is going to be the number 1 TE in the NFL next year...write that down...Havner is going to push Lee for time and this will enhance both of their '10 campaigns

OL: Tauch and Clifton...the last charge of the two imortals...this is really their last year, go out with a bang...AR is going to be on the isotoners comercials touting these guys. Wells keeps the haters at bay and starts again starting a 100 page debate on him again hehe. College doesn't get his "due" and gets pissed and breaks the blocking sled. no really...he is out to prove that a second rounder would have been a steal. Lang, Barbre, Giocomini and EDS...well no freaking idea! Sitton well he will just be a solid guy. Overall I think with another training camp under their belt and 3 vets on the line this group gels like Kiper's hair and forms a shield around AR!

DL: Sky is the damn limit here. Raji...2nd year...you know what to do now do it. Pickett...well you have done it since you got here. Jenkins...play those 12 games like you mean it. Harrell...bye...Jolly...cash money millionaire after he BLOWS IT UP this year, he will get a pick six...

LBs: Mathews...sophmore slump he only gets 15 sacks...ugh! Its okay CM we will love it! Hawk shows for the first time why he is the stud we drafted. He plays with reckless abandon BLOWING UP FBs...Chillar and Barnett will be solid...Pops could be the last run for this motor guy...Brad Jones decides...hmmm I like being a stud LB and loses the sack competition with CM by 4.

DBs: Woodson shows that there is room for improvement for him...yeah :) Harris learns the nickleback role well and actually thrives covering the third WR. Tramon develops into that 2nd CB we need. Blackmon and Bush get hurt or cut. Collins has a down year after a large contract. Mays comes in and starts from day one.

Packers go 10-6 wild card team, win two playoff games and fall in OT to the new overtime rules!

needless to say I am excited to watch the Pack this year. I think the defense will be AMAZING...I mean look what they did with only one year under Da' Dom. The Offense will attack and be amazing from the start and only give up 23 sacks all year.

Have some fun with it! What are all your thoughts about our team!?

Glad I was wrong about only 2 playoff wins :)

Iron Mike
02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Barring a major injury bug

So, YOU'RE the one that brought the bad juju????

Tony Oday
02-01-2011, 05:43 PM
So, YOU'RE the one that brought the bad juju????

Must have been!!!

pbmax
02-01-2011, 08:40 PM
12-3-1

Win the North. I am predicting it until it comes true.

So, so close. About 6 points and one ineffective OT away from coming true.

Fritz
02-01-2011, 08:55 PM
How much overtime do teams have to play before they call it quits and a tie during the regular season?

bobblehead
02-01-2011, 09:28 PM
How much overtime do teams have to play before they call it quits and a tie during the regular season?

One period (or 15 minute quarter which is actually a fifth at that point)