PDA

View Full Version : Eagles QBs

hoosier
03-24-2010, 07:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5023906
ESPN reports that the Eagles have been approached by other teams about the availability of any of their three QBs. Assuming it is teams outside the NFCE, possible suitors that come to mind are SF, Carolina, Buffalo and Arizona. Hard to imagine the Vikings would interested in McNabb unless they know that Favre isn't coming back. [/url]

ND72
03-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm not crushed, but I hope the Vikes think Favre comes back, doesn't purse another QB, and then he doesn't come back. That'd be awesome.

MJZiggy
03-24-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm not crushed, but I hope the Vikes think Favre comes back, doesn't purse another QB, and then he doesn't come back. That'd be awesome.

I just said that to a coworker today. It's especially cool if he waits until August to decide to retire.

bobblehead
03-24-2010, 10:21 PM

I just said that to a coworker today. It's especially cool if he waits until August to decide to retire.

Even better if TJack got uppity about Chilly thinking Favre was coming in, and demanding a trade, or causing other problems, then Favre not coming in....oh, the entertainment potential is endless.

MTPackerfan
03-24-2010, 10:22 PM

+1

mngolf19
03-25-2010, 01:19 PM
I believe they already know what Brett is going to do. But at this point, they're still going to see what the costs on a trade are and weigh that against what they believe they can draft. I can see them take a QB in the 2nd round.

Tony Oday
03-25-2010, 01:21 PM
I believe they already know what Brett is going to do. But at this point, they're still going to see what the costs on a trade are and weigh that against what they believe they can draft. I can see them take a QB in the 2nd round.

yup they KNOW that he will cause a media circus this spring/summer...

mngolf19
03-25-2010, 01:25 PM

yup they KNOW that he will cause a media circus this spring/summer...

So he won't say anything or be around until during camp. No matter what, I see them getting another QB this year since Sage and TJ are ?'s and Favre is likely done after 2010.

LP
03-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I heard on Dan Patrick this morning that Donovan McNabb wouldn't mind going to Minnesota because of his familiairity with "Chilly" and their contender status. It was also said that if the Vikings thought they could make this happen, they would then put the pressure on their supposed, I don't know, maybe, we'll see what happens, how I feel, starting quarterback to make a decision very soon.

mngolf19
03-26-2010, 12:44 PM
I heard on Dan Patrick this morning that Donovan McNabb wouldn't mind going to Minnesota because of his familiairity with "Chilly" and their contender status. It was also said that if the Vikings thought they could make this happen, they would then put the pressure on their supposed, I don't know, maybe, we'll see what happens, how I feel, starting quarterback to make a decision very soon.

Yeah, but they won't trade a #1 for him and that's what Philly wants. They want a top 42 pick. Vikes next pick is 62.

LP
03-26-2010, 12:52 PM
What they want and what they get are two completely different things. I can't see anyone giving a first rounder for McNabb. I believe Andy Reid said they were listening to offers. It's hard to say what the Vikes might offer, especially if they get an anxiety attack about his "Ican'tmakeupmymindedness".

Pugger
03-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I seriously have my doubts that McNabb will end up in Minneapolis. Ican'tmakeupmymindedness (I love this moniker for Mr. Interceptness LP!) is coming back to MN for sure this coming season, but can you imagin the consternation on #4's part if another team of his has the audacity to acquire another QB with any skills? The Ancient One wouldn't feel loved anymore. :roll: :lol:

mngolf19
03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
What they want and what they get are two completely different things. I can't see anyone giving a first rounder for McNabb. I believe Andy Reid said they were listening to offers. It's hard to say what the Vikes might offer, especially if they get an anxiety attack about his "Ican'tmakeupmymindedness".

The other thing is, the Vikes can just sign him next season without a trade.

Pugger
03-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know why Philly is even considering shopping McNabb around?

mngolf19
03-26-2010, 04:00 PM

Because he is a FA next year and they would like compensation. Along with many thinking that Kolb is ready to step in.

pbmax
03-26-2010, 04:40 PM
McNabb is also making the Eagles job harder. While agreeing to be traded somewhere, he is making any actual negotiations with Buffalo, the Raiders or whomever, tougher. He doesn't look recalcitrant, but is rattling the team's cage. I would imagine to get the best draft pick (they are supposed to have turned down third round offers) the new team is going to want a contract extension, which gives him a partial veto.

Scott Campbell
03-27-2010, 12:28 PM

They didn't just pull that 42 number out of thin air. PFT speculates it's because they already have an offer for him.

The Leaper
03-27-2010, 01:29 PM
I believe they already know what Brett is going to do.

Everyone does.

Favre has 497 TD passes and a big ego.

There is no way he will miss a chance to be the first QB in history to post 500 TD passes.

LP
03-27-2010, 02:43 PM
The other thing is, the Vikes can just sign him next season without a trade.

That does nothing for them this year. If the "ole pickslinger" would happen to decide to hang it up, the Vikings have nothing. Jackson or Rosenfels could come through but I don't think anyone but their families believe that. Personally I don't see MN as an ascending team but rather one that had it's shot this past year and maybe a chance this year if they get exceptional play at quarterback again.

Scott Campbell
03-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Personally I don't see MN as an ascending team but rather one that had it's shot this past year and maybe a chance this year if they get exceptional play at quarterback again.

Even after the draft they had last year?

TennesseePackerBacker
03-27-2010, 04:48 PM

I actually heard someone breaking this down on ESPN radio today, as I was asking the same question. Apparently, 5-5-10 is going to be a big day for #5. He is scheduled to get a 6.2 million dollar bonus. He is also in the last year in his contract and the Eagles feel it'll take 15-18 mil a year to sign him. Do you really want to sink that much in to an injury-prone QB on the wrong side of his career?

The Eagles also love what they have in Kevin Kolb, and if they were to trade McNabb they would still have Vick as a veteran back-up in case Kolb didn't pan out like they think he will. Honestly, I think it's a great move for the Eagles to try to get what they can in McNabb, and they, much like us in '08, feel like they already have their QB of the future on the bench.

I've also heard a lot of people mention the Eagles should take the Asomuagha deal and run with it. However, Asomuagha will also be a free agent next and will be commanding a monster pay-day. In uncertain fiscal times such as these in the NFL we will see many more teams spending more frugally than ever.

MJZiggy
03-27-2010, 06:27 PM

I actually heard someone breaking this down on ESPN radio today, as I was asking the same question. Apparently, 5-5-10 is going to be a big day for #5. He is scheduled to get a 6.2 million dollar bonus. He is also in the last year in his contract and the Eagles feel it'll take 15-18 mil a year to sign him. Do you really want to sink that much in to an injury-prone QB on the wrong side of his career?

Only if you're Al Davis...

TennesseePackerBacker
03-27-2010, 07:24 PM

Or a desperate Bills team just trying to fill seats. Or...a desperate Vikings team left at the altar. :twisted:

MJZiggy
03-27-2010, 07:36 PM

Or a desperate Bills team just trying to fill seats. Or...a desperate Vikings team left at the altar. :twisted:

Oh don't get my hopes up like that.