PDA

View Full Version : I love video games more than i love bretsky

twoseven
03-30-2010, 03:59 PM
time for a new string of mindless drivel..

what are people playing these days? i throw down on the creepies in bioshock 2 right at the moment.

my kids are getting pretty good on the wii, i will have a couple of seasoned gaming partners soon enough. skin, you must be getting closer to this, eh? yours rocking the leapster right now?

(my kids also play with little kettlebells and do 'convict conditioning', show off on the BOSU ball, so don't call the social services or fatty police just yet, harlan)

SkinBasket
03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
The 5 year old plays Wii Sports resort. The 3 year old doesn't give a shit about playing but likes to watch me play Borderlands, which is about the only game I've played for the last 5 months. It's one of those games that's like crack. If it hooks you, it hooks you deeeeeeeeeep.

Freak Out
03-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Just bought the God of War games....almost started 3 but I have to play them in order. Not much time for gaming right now so it could be 6 months before i get done with them. :lol:

twoseven
03-30-2010, 05:16 PM
that god of war 3 looks pretty nice. looks very much improved from the piece of crap i remember for the ps2.

funny how the kids dig the first person shooters, sniping heads off and whatnot. my daughter was there watching all of Oblivion and Fallout 3. they love the Bioshock as well. just gotta convince mom that they know it's not real, though the things they whisper to me under their breath about how to do away with the crazies are hilarious.

Joemailman
03-30-2010, 06:17 PM
I used to play Pong.

red
03-30-2010, 10:27 PM
fifa 10 for me

catching world cup fever very early this year

twoseven
03-31-2010, 05:31 AM
fifa 10 for me

catching world cup fever very early this yeari am getting hooligan fever

buddy of mine loves the fifa 10, is scoring goals at a premium?

channtheman
03-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Been playing the demo of Just Cause 2 on my PS3. This summer when I've got a break from nursing school I'm probably going to buy it. If you like sand box type games definitely check this out, there are so many things you can do.

Little Whiskey
03-31-2010, 03:18 PM
been playing a bit of Call of Duty, and MLB 09 if the kids are awake.

don't care much for the online multi-player on COD, but the 2player cooperative and story is fun. Before COD, i was addicted to Socom. Must be one of those "kids" you spoke of ealier 27! :D

I watch a few clips from Just Cause that Chan wrote about. seems like that could be fun.

twoseven
03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
been playing a bit of Call of Duty, and MLB 09 if the kids are awake.

don't care much for the online multi-player on COD, but the 2player cooperative and story is fun. Before COD, i was addicted to Socom. Must be one of those "kids" you spoke of ealier 27! :D

I watch a few clips from Just Cause that Chan wrote about. seems like that could be fun.sorry man, i meant funny how my kids and apparently skins kids love to watch the first person shooters while we hand out the whuppins. it seems a win-win to me as long as they aren't going columbine in about ten years. :)

twoseven
03-31-2010, 04:24 PM
ok, so it's not a deep game but it is still addictive as hell and pretty damn funny..give Plants vs. Zombies a try some time if you have littlin's that play the PC. pretty easy, but still humorous and my kids (8, 6) love it.

Freak Out
03-31-2010, 06:48 PM
The real question 27 is if you love the games more than you love the Basket?

twoseven
04-01-2010, 03:38 AM
that's a chicken and egg question, really..isn't it?

Guiness
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
With the announced release date of Starcraft II, I dusted off the old one, and played through the storyline.

Then SCII was delayed. Again. Oh well, time well wasted, I love that game!

channtheman
04-06-2010, 09:21 PM
ok, so it's not a deep game but it is still addictive as hell and pretty damn funny..give Plants vs. Zombies a try some time if you have littlin's that play the PC. pretty easy, but still humorous and my kids (8, 6) love it.

Hahaha, my younger brothers have been playing that non stop the for the last week. They are 12 and 7.

twoseven
04-07-2010, 04:33 AM

Hahaha, my younger brothers have been playing that non stop the for the last week. They are 12 and 7.great game. has tons of replay value as they will find out. things are definitely not over once you get through the game the first time, even the second time through.

MichiganPackerFan
04-15-2010, 08:08 AM
With the announced release date of Starcraft II, I dusted off the old one, and played through the storyline.

Then SCII was delayed. Again. Oh well, time well wasted, I love that game!

I dusted SC off too, but after a minute it evolved to WarCraft 3. Nearly 10 years later and still fun!!!