PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger Is The Joker!

Partial
08-01-2006, 10:15 AM
It has been confimed today that Heath Ledger will be the Joker in the sequel to Batman Begins. Thoughts?

the_idle_threat
08-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Will Jake Gyllenhall co-star as "The Poker?"

jack's smirking revenge
08-01-2006, 10:18 AM
It has been confimed today that Heath Ledger will be the Joker in the sequel to Batman Begins. Thoughts?

Cool with me. I'm just excited to hear that the next movie will be called "The Dark Knight" and Bale and Nolan will reprise their roles. They're the core, no matter who else is involved. "Batman Begins" was such a cool movie (much props to Nolan for a great job!).

I guess I'm a little concerned that they're going back to the Joker character. You'd think there was only 4 or 5 antagonists in the Batman universe.

tyler

Partial
08-01-2006, 10:22 AM

Cool with me. I'm just excited to hear that the next movie will be called "The Dark Knight" and Bale and Nolan will reprise their roles. They're the core, no matter who else is involved. "Batman Begins" was such a cool movie (much props to Nolan for a great job!).

I guess I'm a little concerned that they're going back to the Joker character. You'd think there was only 4 or 5 antagonists in the Batman universe.

tyler

I loved Batman Begins and thought it was incredibly well done. I like the dark aspect to it a lot.

With that said, I think the Joker will be a really cool villain this time around(not that he wasn't the last with Nicholson). I have a hunch they're going to make him ultra creepy and deformed looking, but have everything be self-induced. Have his skin just have changed color to a whitish from being crazy, have the huge mouth be self-induced cuts, yellow teeth, etc.

I am confident in Nolan and Christian Bale. They'll make a good film. One of the things that I worry about though is how they'll fill the time in the movie. The last one spent a significant amount training him, but then again it was also 3 hours long. They also cannot go back to the childhood love story.

It will be interesting to see what they do. I personally look forward to it. I thought the movie was great, and had by far the most fitting music to it of any movie I saw last year.

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Will Jake Gyllenhall co-star as "The Poker?"

jesus, better keep him away from the Boy Wonder.

jack's smirking revenge
08-01-2006, 10:30 AM
I wholeheartedly agree. Though a bit slow at times (and I really really didn't like Katie Holmes in the movie), I did think it was an amazing movie. The development of Batman and the main conflicts were very well done.

Nolan has never bombed. Even "Insomnia" was a thrilling flick. He'll do a great job with "Dark Knight". I know he'll do a great job with the Joker character; I just wish they were introducing an antagonist that wasn't already filmed. Nicholson's Joker was very entertaining, though a lot less menacing than I suspect Ledger's Joker will be.

But, the comparison will always exist. If they had went with a different antagonist, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Anyone familar with the Batman comics? Is there a different antagonist that you wish would be brought to the silver screen? There's gotta be some out there.

tyler

K-town
08-01-2006, 10:37 AM

I always thought Cameron Diaz would make a good Joker, in that she has that insane smile and gaping, scarily huge mouth. :razz:

jack's smirking revenge
08-01-2006, 10:39 AM

I always thought Cameron Diaz would make a good Joker, in that she has that insane smile and gaping, scarily huge mouth. :razz:

HA! Truedat K-town. She could probably catch bears with that trap.

tyler

Partial
08-01-2006, 10:46 AM

Hey now, I do fancy a girl with a large mouth! :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-01-2006, 11:43 AM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/the_lord_of_the_rings__the_return_of_the_king/andy_serkis/rings.jpg

OR

http://www.jessica-simpson.org/publicaffair.jpg

MadtownPacker
08-01-2006, 11:58 AM
With all the steroid stuff going on in sports I would like to see Bain in the movie. Thats the guy that keeps juicing himself up to grow bigger and stronger right?