PDA

View Full Version : Barnett to be traded?

Brando19
04-10-2010, 08:04 PM
http://twitter.com/nickbarnett

Looks like he mentioned the rumors on his twitter account. I'd love to keep Barnett...but I would trade him if we could move up into the top 15 and get someone like CJ Spiller or a top O linemen. Or...trade him for a proven safety.

MJZiggy
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Arrigo! Good God!

Bretsky
04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
http://twitter.com/nickbarnett

Looks like he mentioned the rumors on his twitter account. I'd love to keep Barnett...but I would trade him if we could move up into the top 15 and get someone like CJ Spiller or a top O linemen. Or...trade him for a proven safety.

oh yuk; Barnett is a key part of this defense and we have nobody to do nearly the job he does. There is a reason Bishop can't crack the lineup; he's not the whole all around package. No way I'm using Barnett to move up. And he's actually a guy who enjoys Green Bay and publicly speaks of it. No way.

BF4MVP
04-10-2010, 09:36 PM
He got wind of something Arrigo said and apparently now he keeps talking about how badly he doesn't want to be traded.

Someone really needs to tell him that nothing Arrigo says means anything whatsoever......

ND72
04-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I can't see any of that happening. He got better in this system every week through the season last year, which is what you'd want to see happen. And he loves being in Green Bay, advertises for Green Bay, and is without question a "Packer person".

Highly doubt we'd ever see that happen.

RashanGary
I wasn't a big fan of Wells or Barnett until last year. Both of them are really good players. Glad to have them. Hope we don't trade either.

I'd be happy to trade Hawk though.

ND72
I'd be happy to trade Hawk though.

and now I no longer like you.... :)

pbmax
04-10-2010, 09:51 PM
He got wind of something Arrigo said and apparently now he keeps talking about how badly he doesn't want to be traded.

Someone really needs to tell him that nothing Arrigo says means anything whatsoever......
Arrigo did cough up his sources. Supposedly, if the post on Packers Lounge is actually him, he knows a couple scouts on the Jags and Chargers. And he says those teams called the Packers.

Now, on the one hand, calls like that are made by teams and scouts might know (though I have my doubts - unless Joe is claiming to know the assistant Pro Personnel Director) but given Arrigo's track record of being wrong AND throwing tons of ideas against the wall, I tend to think he is just guessing. Even if he knows the scouts, the information they spill is poor.

Lurker64
04-10-2010, 10:50 PM
I think Arrigo's "Source" on this is Nick Barnett's Tweet on April 1:

Ok so just got called up to teds office they ask if I wouldn't mind being in a trade??? What??? They said to the bears???

but he didn't read the next tweet by Barnett

By the way if you haven't figured it out....... April fools

wist43
04-11-2010, 11:49 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, no one hacked into my acct... this is me :D

Even I don't want to trade Barnett... as long as he is protected sufficiently, he is okay in this defense. He's been in the league long enough now, he has cut way down on his mistakes, and has become a servicable vet.

He still will never take on and shed, and too easily gets washed away in the trash, and doesn't protect his legs well; but, he still has the speed to cover sideline to sideline, and he's actually improved quite a bit in coverage.

I'll never be a fan, and I have trust issues, lol... but, he can stay for now :wink:

ThunderDan
04-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Wist-

That is how I feel about Barnett. Why would you trade him when there is no one on the roster right now who can fill his spot?

I also thought Barnett was so-so until his injury in 2008; the defense really collapsed after that point. I can't say I like Barnett but I am for sure keeping him.