PDA

View Full Version : Packerrats 2010 mock draft poll: round 3

packrulz
04-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Vote please:

Fred's Slacks
04-11-2010, 12:29 PM
I voted for Cox. I wanted to vote for Jones because of Cox's character issues but decided that since I voted for Davis in the first despite the character issues I should at least stay consistent. This was a tough one. I liked Tate and Carrington a lot as well. Any of those would be solid additions in the 3rd. Deep draft. Too bad it's deep for every team. :lol:

Fred's Slacks
04-11-2010, 12:34 PM
I voted for Cox. I wanted to vote for Jones because of Cox's character issues but decided that since I voted for Davis in the first despite the character issues I should at least stay consistent. This was a tough one. I liked Tate and Carrington a lot as well. Any of those would be solid additions in the 3rd. Deep draft. Too bad it's deep for every team. :lol:

Wanted to expand on the Carrington comment: Does anyone else see DE as a fairly big need in this draft? With Jolly's legal issues and with, I believe, both him and Jenkins becoming FA's next year, I think TT may see DE as a bigger need then most people. So much so that we may see one taken early. Plus we really don't have a guy that fits what most 3-4 DE's are supposed to look like. Harrell is probably the closest fit and that's not a good thing.

ThunderDan
04-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Plus we really don't have a guy that fits what most 3-4 DE's are supposed to look like. Harrell is probably the closest fit and that's not a good thing.

We have a guy that looks exactly like a 3-4 DE. But like you said, I wouldn't trust Harrell to take one snap this year.

packrulz
04-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I want Ben Tate here, dude is too good to pass up, has the speed to turn the corner, and the power to go between the tackles.
http://thewareaglereader.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/tate-stiff-arm.JPG

Bretsky
04-11-2010, 03:03 PM
As normal I'm going against the norm :lol:

Ben Tate

Ryan Grant is going to be owed a huge roster bonus next year if he has another good season....which I expect him to have. Jackson is decent for what he is...a capable 3rd round back...but not what we'd hope for from a 2nd round draft pick.

This guys is a dam good RB and could be at the next level as well.

jmbarnes101
04-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I had to go with the Parrish even though he was only 3rd out of 3 people available because the other two, B.J. Dalton and Arthur Jones, aren't available to be selected.
Ugh!!!

Brandon494
04-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Tate is ok but RB is the easiest position to draft. CB is more of a need plus Cox is an excellent return man.

Lurker64
04-11-2010, 03:12 PM
I think if I was going to take a CB at this point in the draft I'd rather have Spievey than Cox. Cox is a better athlete but more inconsistent as he's a bit of a gambler and his instincts aren't top notch, the only knock on Spievey is that he lacks top end speed but he's physical, extremely competitive, has great instincts and ball skills, and gets a great jam. Seems that, with some tutelage and some grooming he can be an Al Harris clone.

Brandon494
04-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I think if I was going to take a CB at this point in the draft I'd rather have Spievey than Cox.

Spievery is a good choice as well but I would have to give the edge to Cox because of his return skills.

packrulz
04-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I had to go with the Parrish even though he was only 3rd out of 3 people available because the other two, B.J. Dalton and Arthur Jones, aren't available to be selected.
Ugh!!!
Note: I can count your vote for anyone available, I just couldn't fit them all into the poll.

jmbarnes101
04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Ugh!!!
Note: I can count your vote for anyone available, I just couldn't fit them all into the poll.

Not that it will matter in the end because no one else will take him but I'd much prefer J.D. Walton at this spot. He's Packer people with a bright future. So if you want to take away a vote from Cox and add a vote for Dalton that would be great.

Sorry, invented a player. Should be J.D. Walton.

OS PA
04-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Jm, who is B.J. Dalton? A simple Google Search doesn't pull his name up. He is not on NFL.coms list of eligible prospects.

Brandon494
04-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Jm, who is B.J. Dalton? A simple Google Search doesn't pull his name up. He is not on NFL.coms list of eligible prospects.

I couldn't find him either, exactly what position does he play?

OS PA
04-11-2010, 10:09 PM

I couldn't find him either, exactly what position does he play?

B.J. Dalton is actually the invisible man. He plays running back, the best running back ever in D-III. D-II and D-II programs tried to offer him a scholarship out of high school, but they couldn't find him. One stat that is amazing is that even though he runs a 6.30 40 yard dash, he has never been tackled.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-12-2010, 12:37 AM
This is the spot where I'd like to see the Packers take a tackle. I'd vote for Selvish Capers if you bone-heads hadn't picked Anthony Davis.

Cox, Tate or Hardesty here. Tate and Hardesty are fairly similar players so they're a toss up, and like someone said, it's easier to draft an RB in the later rounds.

So i'll go with CB Cox, but Capers would be a great pick here.

jmbarnes101
04-12-2010, 01:57 PM

Sorry, it's J.D. Walton. That's what happens when you try to do things from memory.

He's actually the Center for Baylor. Again, not a position of need but could be very Matt Birk like.

Brandon494
04-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Looks like Perrish Cox is the pick.

packrulz
04-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Looks like Perrish Cox is the pick.
Yes, Cox is the pick, jmbarnes101 is on the clock...