PDA

View Full Version : Marshmellow to the Dolphins!

packers11
04-14-2010, 12:16 PM
MARSHALL TO THE DOLPHINS!

www.rotoworld.com

The Dolphins have agreed to acquire Brandon Marshall from the Broncos in exchange for a 2010 second-round pick and what is believed to be a 2011 second-rounder, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The deal will become official when Marshall passes a physical. The Dolphins will also sign Marshall to the lucrative, long-term contract he's wanted (and earned on the field), while the Broncos get two premium selections to build with. The Fins' second-rounder this year is No. 43 overall, which is nearly as good as a first-round pick in a draft that includes at least 50 players with top-32 grades. Marshall's skills will travel well, and his fantasy value should not be significantly altered in Miami. His loss is a crushing blow to Kyle Orton's outlook.

pbmax
04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Is it good when your WR is better, and gets paid more, than your QB?

He'll get a chance to prove how valuable he is because that offense in in desperate need of weapons. Given the story about the Darent Williams murder, I think I will be rooting for him to make it.

Guiness
04-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Clark Judge had this to say

Marshall's problems extend beyond the playing field, which brings me to another issue: If he caused trouble in Denver imagine what happens when he hits Miami. Talk about distractions.

I kind of agree, but think that's a bit overstated.

I missed the part about him re: Darrent. Care to fill in the details pbmax?

steve823
04-14-2010, 03:02 PM

He'll get a chance to prove how valuable he is because that offense in in desperate need of weapons. Given the story about the Darent Williams murder, I think I will be rooting for him to make it.

I understand your logic here, but you have to look at both sides of everything. He also beat his girlfriend many times and I remember watching a video on her talking about it. Crazy thing is the girl stuck with him even though he assaulted her various times, and if I'm not mistaken they got married.

pbmax
04-14-2010, 05:36 PM

I understand your logic here, but you have to look at both sides of everything. He also beat his girlfriend many times and I remember watching a video on her talking about it. Crazy thing is the girl stuck with him even though he assaulted her various times, and if I'm not mistaken they got married.
If that is true, I had forgotten about it. Not good.

pbmax
04-14-2010, 05:43 PM

Marshall's problems extend beyond the playing field, which brings me to another issue: If he caused trouble in Denver imagine what happens when he hits Miami. Talk about distractions.

Essentially, Marshall was the one having an argument at the club with the folks that included Darrent Williams future murderer. Willie Clark fired bullets into the car carrying Marshall, Williams and Walker because of the presence of Marshall. Williams was not the target.

Its explained in more detail here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/27/brandon-marshalls-testimony-leaves-no-doubt-he-was-the-real-target/

You can search PFT and find several links to Denver Post articles that describe the events of that evening. It explains why the event haunts Marshall and Walker. This does not absolve Marshall of his behavior that night or prior, but it does shed some light on what happened afterward.

mission
04-14-2010, 06:49 PM

Essentially, Marshall was the one having an argument at the club with the folks that included Darrent Williams future murderer. Willie Clark fired bullets into the car carrying Marshall, Williams and Walker because of the presence of Marshall. Williams was not the target.

Its explained in more detail here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/27/brandon-marshalls-testimony-leaves-no-doubt-he-was-the-real-target/

You can search PFT and find several links to Denver Post articles that describe the events of that evening. It explains why the event haunts Marshall and Walker. This does not absolve Marshall of his behavior that night or prior, but it does shed some light on what happened afterward.

I thought I read somewhere that there was actually two identical vehicles (black hummer limos maybe ?) that the party was riding in, and they thought Marshall was in the vehicle they were shooting at. He was in the other one and Darrent unfortunately got murdered. Could be wrong...

Miami is a crazy city. Nothing compared to Denver ... I'm curious to see what he can do down there with all that money.

Freak Out
04-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Look out thugs!

http://www.retroist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/miami-vice.jpg