PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft V2010.4

RashanGary
04-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Trade the 1st round pick for a top 10 2nd and 3rd.

2a Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana - Became more consistent each year at IU. Gave up only 1 sack as a senior, impressed during the EW Shrine week, and then had a great combine. One of the most gifted OL prospects in this draft physically and also pretty consistent.

2b Tyson Alualu - DE - Cal - Instead of fixing the pass rush with an OL, Thompson does it with a dynamite DL. Alualu has strength, burst and is relentless. He'd make our already good DL dominant.

3a Jason Worlids, OLB, VT - Low sack totals have Worlids off the radar a little, but he played injured for a good span of his college career and he did have a lot of pressures. .

3b Perrish Cox, CB, OK State - I love the write up on this guy. Great size. Maybe didn't test great with speed, but known to be fast on the field. Had a lot of pass breakups and interceptions. Also a dynamite returner. This is a huge upside pick. Plays great, great size, has some character concerns.

4 TJ Ward, S, Oregon - A better coverage version of Atari Bigby. Another pick to strengthen our back 7.

5a Shaun Lauvao, OG, AZ State - Another guy I see as underrated. When Thompson drafted Sitton, the one thing he said that made me believe in the Sitton pick was, and I paraphrase here, "he seems to always block his guy". That's Shaun Lauvao. He has the reputation of always doing his job. A good athlete too. Had some injury problems throughout his career.

5b Arthur Moats, OLB, James Madison - High upside small school prospect. Extremely respected and productive in his conference. Had an impressive showing at the Texas V Nation game, then put up some pretty impressive measurable numbers.

6 Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse - This is really unthompson like, but we already drafted Perrish Cox (a bit of a character concern). Now I'm drafting yet another. I'm sure it won't happen, but talent wise, he's got it.

7 Zoltan Mesko, P, Michgan - We need a punter.

Lurker64
04-14-2010, 09:20 PM
I like Alualu a lot, but I really have to wonder if he'd do a lot better as a 3-technique than a 5-technique. He just gives up a fair bit in the way of length. If I was going to spend a premium pick on a 5-technique, I might prefer to spend a 3rd on Arthur Jones from Syracuse (who probably would have been a late first rounder had his senior campaign not been wracked with injury).

retailguy
04-15-2010, 08:49 AM

Please GOD, NO! Not again.

Tarlam!
04-15-2010, 08:57 AM

BOMNF - Except if he does, I'll likely throw a glass bottle at my 76" screen. For all you people thinking the draft is on at primetime, it starts at midnight in my part of the world. Considering there are 10 minutes in between picks, TT won't be on the clock until, say, 3:50 am not counting trading prior to that time.

So, if I stay up all night to hear the immortal words "Green Bay has traded the 23rd selection", I will be shattered. And so will my TV.

red
04-15-2010, 09:21 AM

BOMNF - Except if he does, I'll likely throw a glass bottle at my 76" screen. For all you people thinking the draft is on at primetime, it starts at midnight in my part of the world. Considering there are 10 minutes in between picks, TT won't be on the clock until, say, 3:50 am not counting trading prior to that time.

So, if I stay up all night to hear the immortal words "Green Bay has traded the 23rd selection", I will be shattered. And so will my TV.
and its not like in years past where you can then just wait longer until the next pick. theres only one round on the first day this year

so the whole night would be a complete waste

ND72
04-15-2010, 09:24 AM

That is called a sick day in my world. :)

sharpe1027
04-15-2010, 03:21 PM

Drink out of the plastic beer bottles they sell at stadiums and at least your TV will have a chance.

Lurker64
04-15-2010, 04:02 PM

I wouldn't be too upset. This draft is so deep that if you got a high second and third for #23, you'd essentially be getting two guys who would have had a "first round grade" in previous years for two first round picks.

That being said, Thompson's strategy of "trade down early, often, and whenever possible" made more sense when the roster was in shambles. With as good as the roster is now, if we draft 12 guys, probably half of them aren't making the final 53.