PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoffs

Joemailman
04-14-2010, 10:33 PM
The real season starts tonight. Stanley Cup Champ Penguins lost at home tonight. Blackhawks start tomorrow night. Does the 50 year drought end?

Patler
04-14-2010, 11:09 PM
The real season starts tonight. Stanley Cup Champ Penguins lost at home tonight. Blackhawks start tomorrow night. Does the 50 year drought end?

No, I don't think so. Not for the Blackhawks. Not this year. I think the Blackhawks need more seasoning to really make a run at it. I haven't seen enough of them to really put my finger on it, but watching them I don't see a team that was 52-22-8; even though that was their record. They have a lot of individual talent, but teams of grizzled vets often win Stanley Cups more than collections of young talent. I think the Blackhawks will get there in a year or two.

I have a hard time picking a favorite this year. I look forward to some great playoff hockey.

Joemailman
05-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Half way there! Blackhawks will play San Jose (that still doesn't sound right) in the Western Conference Finals. Joe Pavelski (Stevens Point High School, University Of Wisconsin) is playing great for the Sharks. Montreal will play winner of Game 7 between Boston and Philadelphia in the East.

Foe those who enjoy watching someone else's pain, Sami Salo of Vancouver took a slapshot in the testicle during Game 5 of Vancouver's series with the Blackhawks. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/10/sami-salo-injury-video-ru_n_569778.html He was hospitalized, but played in Game 6.

GBRulz
05-24-2010, 06:51 PM
I sure the heck hope so! Go Hawks !!!

SkinBasket
05-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Shouldn't this be in the "Hockey" forum?

red
05-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I sure the heck hope so! Go Hawks !!!

hell yeah, go hawks

great game yesterday

digitaldean
05-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Was pulling for the Sharks. I've liked them because they've kicked around the Dead Wings a couple of times in the playoffs and also because of Pavelski. Hoped the way Pavelski was playing it would have made the difference in getting over the hump.

So much for that. Chicago played with a lot more intensity, Niemi outshone Nabokov (who let in some VERY soft goals in the series).

Chicago is a fun team to watch. Looks like Chicago and Philly.

GO HAWKS!

Joemailman
05-24-2010, 09:59 PM
There's no stopping Duncan "I lost 7 teeth" Keith!
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/462352/duncankeithteethpicture_medium.jpg

red
05-29-2010, 09:55 PM
WOW

great game, i damn near had a stroke

MJZiggy
05-29-2010, 10:04 PM
WOW

great game, i damn near had a stroke
Strokes are only for football. Get you priorities in order, Man!

Joemailman
05-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Blackhawks seemed to get stronger as the game wore on.

Did I mention that the last time the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, the Packers then won the NFL Title? Everybody here should be cheering for the Blackhawks!

Joemailman
06-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Blackhawks Win! The drought is over!!! Packers Are next!!!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee20/joemailman25/hawks_trophy620.jpg

Tarlam!
06-10-2010, 02:34 AM

No, I don't think so. Not for the Blackhawks. Not this year. I think the Blackhawks need more seasoning to really make a run at it. I haven't seen enough of them to really put my finger on it, but watching them I don't see a team that was 52-22-8; even though that was their record. They have a lot of individual talent, but teams of grizzled vets often win Stanley Cups more than collections of young talent. I think the Blackhawks will get there in a year or two.

I have a hard time picking a favorite this year. I look forward to some great playoff hockey.

We may need to frame this. :lol:

Patler
06-10-2010, 04:46 AM
Yup, I thought the Blackhawks were a year or so away. I expected them to lose the previous series. When they won that one, it was over. They played well.

Good for them.

Joemailman
06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Until Game 3 of their 2nd round series against Vancouver, I thought Patler might be right. They had lost Game 1 of the first 2 series at home, and had to rally each time in Game 2 to avoid being down 0-2. Starting with Game 3 in Vancouver though, they played very well. It will be interesting to see how such a young team handles success at such a young age.