PDA

View Full Version : TD record in sight

ahaha
08-01-2006, 12:17 PM
25 - Can he do it?

Even with the crap he had around him last year, he still threw 20.

With modest improvement on offense, and hopefully a defense that creates more turnovers, I think he'll do it.

Even if we go 5-11 and Favre breaks the record, I'll consider it a succesful season.

MadtownPacker
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
The record is going DOWN!!!

Everyone should make your prediction now so we can bring this thread up again in like week 15. :cool:

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Everyone should make your prediction now so we can bring this thread up again in like week 15.

You mean week 12, right?
:D

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 12:27 PM
That would be amazing if he broke the record..

Let's hope he doesn't break Blanda's INT record though...That would suck...

Badgepack
08-01-2006, 12:33 PM
The record will be broken;

Sunday, Dec 3 at home against the Jets

MadtownPacker
08-01-2006, 12:34 PM
That would be amazing if he broke the record..Have a spine like Wallbanger did youngster, say what week you think it will happen! I will stick with week 15 but you can be an all-out homer a pick a single digit week.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-01-2006, 12:35 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if he had both. But I say he gets 26 tds :wink:

ahaha
08-01-2006, 12:36 PM

I'd rather he didn't have that record either, but it's probably a foregone conclusion. Oh well, you have to be a Hall of Famer to get on that list anyway.

I'm saying 26 td's with the record breaker coming either in week 15 against the Vikes at Lambeau, or week 16 over the Bears in Chicago. How sweet would the latter be? Could very well happen.

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 12:36 PM
That would be amazing if he broke the record..Have a spine like Wallbanger did youngster, say what week you think it will happen! I will stick with week 15 but you can be an all-out homer a pick a single digit week.
Fine..Favre WILL break the record..

If this was 1996, I'd probably pick a single digit week :D but not anymore.. :?

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 12:38 PM
he will break the record when the Queens come to town... he will toss the ball into the crowd and I will catch it.... :mrgreen:

maybe I should have stopped after just saying the Queens game, eh?

the_idle_threat
08-01-2006, 12:39 PM
I think he gets 30 TDs this year.

MJZiggy
08-01-2006, 12:40 PM
He pulls it off at the last minute needing one in week 16, but he gets 3 so that the new record will remain unbroken for another 4 decades.

Partial
08-01-2006, 12:42 PM
He pulls it off at the last minute needing one in week 16, but he gets 3 so that the new record will remain unbroken for another 4 decades.

I hope he gets it, but I think Peyton will break it by the time he hangs 'em up.

ahaha
08-01-2006, 12:43 PM
he will break the record when the Queens come to town... he will toss the ball into the crowd and I will catch it.... :mrgreen:

Then you might be surprised when I, in my Woodson jersey, leap in front of you to make the interception.

MJZiggy
08-01-2006, 12:45 PM
You forgot that the Colts' line will eventually disintegrate and Peyton will have a rotator cuff injury from a sack to the ribs and will miss the record by two TD's because of his shortened career and will be bitter and insufferable ever after.

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 12:46 PM
and you will be even more surprised when I toss your Woodson ass on the ground wrestling the ball away from you...because unlike Ferguson, I will go after the ball :mrgreen:

BallHawk
08-01-2006, 12:48 PM
I say Week 15, at home, Vs. the Lions. Favre to Driver will be the record setting pass.

MadtownPacker
08-01-2006, 12:49 PM
I hope he gets it, but I think Peyton will break it by the time he hangs 'em up.Hell no! Manning aint even gonna get the streak record. Every year Favre plays lessen Mannings chances.

The Chargers and Steelers made nice blueprints on how to handle Manning. He is useless throwing on the run and with Edge off to AZ I think Peyton is gonna feel the heat this season.

BallHawk
08-01-2006, 12:49 PM
and you will be even more surprised when I toss your Woodson ass on the ground wrestling the ball away from you...because unlike Ferguson, I will go after the ball :mrgreen:

HAHA :mrgreen:

ahaha
08-01-2006, 12:57 PM

In that instance I would have to relinquesh the ball. Getting my ass kicked by a woman on national television would not be cool.

Partial
08-01-2006, 12:57 PM
I hope he gets it, but I think Peyton will break it by the time he hangs 'em up.Hell no! Manning aint even gonna get the streak record. Every year Favre plays lessen Mannings chances.

The Chargers and Steelers made nice blueprints on how to handle Manning. He is useless throwing on the run and with Edge off to AZ I think Peyton is gonna feel the heat this season.

I agree with you, however I think he'll adapt and find a way to beat the blitz. He is the master of reading a defense. There has never been a better quarterback in my opinion at minimizing mistakes

the_idle_threat
08-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Peyton is basically treading water until Brett retires. Then he has to play for 6 more seasons to catch up. A lot can happen in 6 seasons.

ahaha
08-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Manning has never had a significant injury that came close to sidelining him. To achieve a record like this you have to be tough, but also a little lucky(i.e. Favre having a bye week after the Vikes and Redskins)
Peyton is due to get hurt sometime soon. Will he get lucky and have a bye week right after? I doubt it. This record will stand for a long time.

jack's smirking revenge
08-01-2006, 01:23 PM

Both records will be broken by Brett this year. My prediction is INT record first, TD record second, given the WR talent question marks.

tyler

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 01:35 PM

In that instance I would have to relinquesh the ball. Getting my ass kicked by a woman on national television would not be cool.

well, how much would you be willing to pay for that ball? :wink:

Homer Jay
08-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I wish you the best on your struggle for the ball. However, I suspect you would have to wrestle that ball away from Brett and maybe the representative of Hall of Fame.

Of course it will happen. Week 14 against the New York Jets.

woodbuck27
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM

maybe I should have stopped after just saying the Queens game, eh?

B E A U T I F U L ! !

woodbuck27
08-01-2006, 01:53 PM
GBRulz:

Get tickerts for Detroit in Green Bay on Dec. 17/06 !!!

Bring a collapsable Pike net. :mrgreen:

Brett Favre pass's for his 25th TD of 2006 on that day.