PDA

View Full Version : ND Mock 4-20-10

ND72
04-20-2010, 09:30 AM
1. Rams – Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma
The rams have needed to look to their future from the start of the offseason, and that future has to be a QB. I’ve said before, not a Bradford fan. But, if they allow him to sit and learn, I think he could be alright.

2. Lions – Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska
The Lions have made some off season moves to bulster their Defense. For a while I have thought they will protect their investment in Stafford and go LT at this pick. But within the past few days I’ve read and done some thinking that their Head Coach is a Defensive guy, and he is going to build his defense, and Suh is his Albert Haynesworth, difference maker.

3. Buccaneers – Gerald McCoy, DT OklahomaI’ve believed the Bucs have targeted a DT at this pick as long as one of the 2 guys is still there. If he’s not, it becomes really interesting to see what they do, maybe trade down? In this instance, Gerald McCoy is the one left, unfortunate for Tampa right?

4. Redskins – Trent Williams, OT OklahomaWashington made their investment with trading for Donavan McNabb, now they protect that investment. Williams is the best fit for a Mike Shannahan offense, so they protect their investment with the best fit for them at the biggest need.

5. Chiefs – Russell Okung, OT Oklahoma State
The Chiefs could use a lot of areas, but I think they are still looking to improve that offensive line with who is probably the best offensive tackle in the draft in Russell Okung.

6. Seahawks – C.J. Spiller, RB Clemson
Seattle could go about 500 different directions, Spiller is rising, and I believe Seattle believes they can get a Tackle at their next pick. If Jones is coming back, they can then develop that guy instead of throwing him on the field.

7. Browns – Eric Berry, S Tennessee
What couldn’t the Browns use on their team? Probably anything but Left Tackle! They might consider Claussen, and they might consider going Offensive Tackle, but they choose to improve their defense in taking Eric Berry.

8. Raiders – Bruce Campbell, OT Maryland
I like Bruce Campbell a lot, around the bottom of the 1st round. But this is Al Davis. Truth is I don’t really know what Oakland will do, because Oakland generally doesn’t know what they are doing.

9. Bills – Jimmy Claussen, QB Notre Dame
The Bills are another team that could go in any direction, and it would instantly help the team in some way. The Bills probably consider their OL here, but Claussen allows them to build with something they haven’t had since Jim Kelly, a Franchise QB.

10. Jaguars – Bryan Bulaga, OT Iowa
Everything being thrown around right now is Jacksonville wanting to trade back. As I sit and look at who is on the board still, and what the Jags could use, Bulaga is a nice fit for them, and becomes their pick.

11. Broncos – Rolando McClain, ILB Alabama
Even after trading Brandon Marshall, I don’t think they will go after another Diva WR in Dez Bryant, and stick with Rolando McClain at ILB in their 3-4 defense, and becomes an instant starter.

12. Dolphins – Dan Williams, NT Tennessee
I think the Dolphins could go in a number of directions here, but mostly defensively. I believe any 3-4 defense needs to have a solid NT, and Dan Williams is that for them.

13. 49ers – Joe Haden, CB Florida
49ers could go in a number of directions, but Joe Haden makes the most sense. With Haden across from Spencer, that gives them a huge boost in the defensive backfield. Bulstering their DL, LB, WR and even another QB in the later rounds will move the 49ers forwards in a very pathetic division.

14. Seahawks – Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers
As expected, Seattle finds themselves a Tackle at this pick that can either come in and compete for a position, or sit and learn until Walter Jones does officially retire.

15. Giants – Derrick Morgan, DE Georgia Tech
When I think of the New York Giants, all I think of is their defense. For some reason, I don’t see them going in any other direction other than defense though, especially right now. Derrick Morgan is a huge value for the Giants at this pick, and they should be more than happy he falls to him at 15.

16. Titans – Jason Pierre-Paul, DE USF
This could play out in any number of directions. They have lost their best 2 Defensive Line man the past 2 years, and haven’t done too much to upgrade. Tennessee just saw 2 top pass rushing DE’s get taken ahead of them, and decide they can’t let another one go past them and snatch up Pierre-Paul.

17. 49ers – Taylor Mays, S USC
I think the 49ers are hoping a Tackle falls to them here. I have also thought they might go for OLB pass rusher here, so a Sergio Kindle could go here, but I see the Defensive coach Mike Singletary goes after another need, and completely changes his Defensive Backfield in getting Haden and Taylor Mays.

18. Steelers – Kyle Wilson, CB Boise State
2009 was without question a huge disappointment for all of Pittsburgh. This is the Steelers, and when you’re down, you improve your defense. The Steelers D was shreded by many teams last year through the air. Kyle Wilson is a very underrated CB, and will be a perfect fit for the Steelers.

19. Falcons – Brandon Graham, DE Michigan
The Falcons need an upgrade in the pass rush area. Jamaal Anderson has been a huge bust, and Brandon Graham is pretty much the last DE left on the board at this point, and is a pretty solid fit for the Falcons on day 1.

20. Texans – Earl Thomas, S Texas
Houston has one goal, beat Indianapolis. One way to do that is to bulster your team with the best Defensive Backs possible. Earl Thomas is a great fit for the Texans Defense, and will be a home town favorite.

21. Bengals – Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma
Marvin Lewis wants to create a dominate defense, but at this point, I’m not sure there is a guy there he loves, so he looks to find another threat on offense. Does Dez Bryant cross their mind? Most likely…but I think they chose to try to find another threat to create more packages.

22. Patriots – Dez Bryant, WR Oklahoma State
Pretty much all of the Defensive players the Pats are looking at are gone, but Dez Bryant has fallen straight into the perfect situation.

23. Packers – Sergio Kindle, OLB Texas
One thing is for sure, Ted Thompson never does what you expect him to do. All of the Tackle he might love are gone, and Thompson is a former Defensive player who, just like Head Coach McCarthy, wants to build that defense, and a pass rushing OLB at this point in Sergio Kindle, is a huge value pick.

24. Eagles – Nate Allen, S USF
Eagles trade McNabb might lead some to believe they will go offense to give Kolb or Vick as many weapons as possible, however if they want to take that next step, Defense will be the way to go. They just made a trade for Ernie Sims to bolster their LB corp, now they need a safety, and Nate Allen is a very good one to get.

25. Ravens – Jared Odrick, DT/DE Penn St.
The Ravens are feeling pretty good about themselves, so bolstering their DL would be a huge premium for them, and Jared Odrick is a solid pick for them to get at #25.

26. Cardinals – Charles Brown, OT USC
What a horrible offseason for the Cardinals. Don’t worry, you play in the NFC West. You’re going to have a new QB in Arizona, you either find him some weapons, especially since you just traded Boldin, or you find a way to protect that QB. Charles Brown is a good pick for them at #26.

27. Cowboys – Mike Iupati, G Idaho
This is one team that is hard to choose, because they are pretty solid across the board. The one area they are starting to need an influx of talent, is on the Offensive Line. Iupati can play Guard or Tackle, and at least be a solid backup his first few years as he learns the system.

28. Chargers – Ryan Matthews, RB Fresno State
It has been a difficult offseason for the Chargers, but all is not lost in San Diego. Matthews comes in as is a great 1-2 punch with Sproles and helps the offense out a lot.

29. Jets – Jerry Hughes, OLB TCU
What a great offseason for the Jets. Cromartie at CB, Tomlinson at RB, Santonio Holmes at WR. Now they find maybe the most underrated pass rushers in the draft in Jerry Hughes which makes their defense even more dangerous.

30. Vikings – Tim Tebow, QB Florida
Vikings are feeling good and rightfully so. If Favre comes back, they’ll be in line to make a strong run again in the NFC. I would not be surprised if the Vikings take a QB at #30. Will it be Tim Tebow? I don’t know, in fact I think it might be Colt McCoy, but for now, I’m looking at the Vikings selling tickets and jerseys to build them a new stadium, and Tebow does that, and he can sit and learn for a little while when Favre comes back.

31. Colts – Maurkice Pouncey, C/G Florida
For the team that has everything, you take the best player you need. Offensive Line seems to be an on going saga for the Colts. I think every year I put OL as a pick for them, and usually they don’t take one, so count that as another year for me. I believe the Colts SHOULD go Defensively, but will go Offensively with this pick.

32. Saints – Sean Weatherspoon, OLB Missouri
What a steal this would be. Great fit for the Saints, and a great value here. Weatherspoon should probably be taken much higher, and in fact when I did this mock and saw he was still there, I actually thought I messed up first so I re-evaluated, and was happy with where things are. Great pick for the Saints if this happened.

Guys I like for Green Bay at #23
G - Mike Iupati
T - Charles Brown
OLB - Sergio Kindle
OLB - Jerry Hughes
CB - Kyle Wilson (he's 5'10" - Dom said nobody under 6')
RB - Javid Best
S - Taylor Mays
S - Nate Allen

red
04-20-2010, 09:48 AM
kyle wilson is flying up draft boards i guess. PFT mentioned yesterday that theres is talk around the league that wilson could go before haden and could be a top ten pick.

it'll be one of those interesting things to watch for during the draft

Tarlam!
04-20-2010, 09:59 AM
I'd be very surprised if Pouncey lasts to 31st. I'll be even more surprised if Iupati lasts till 27th.

Obviously, we fans here in Germany can only really go on what we read. So, don't take this to the bank!

ND72
04-20-2010, 10:03 AM
I'd be very surprised if Pouncey lasts to 31st. I'll be even more surprised if Iupati lasts till 27th.

Obviously, we fans here in Germany can only really go on what we read. So, don't take this to the bank!

I honestly will also...which is why I'm not an expert :oops:

rbaloha1
04-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Good year for the o-line. Should the Packers fail in moving-up a top notch lineman should be available.

mngolf19
04-20-2010, 12:47 PM

I honestly will also...which is why I'm not an expert :oops:

Standard Vikes philosophy would be to take Pouncey but I agree with you that they may, MAY, take Tebow or McCoy at 30.

ND72
04-20-2010, 02:13 PM
So I was thinking about this today. Say all of our "guys" are gone. Buffalo is rumored to want to trade back into the 1st round to get Colt McCoy. How about this trade?

#23 to Buffalo

#41 to Green Bay
Marshawn Lync to Green Bay
potentially another pick to GB as well

red
04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
So I was thinking about this today. Say all of our "guys" are gone. Buffalo is rumored to want to trade back into the 1st round to get Colt McCoy. How about this trade?

#23 to Buffalo

#41 to Green Bay

i would pass on that trade

that's a long ways to drop back, plus lynch doesn't excite me much at all anymore

i'd do it for #41 and their first next year

swede
04-20-2010, 03:34 PM

#23 to Buffalo

#41 to Green Bay

i would pass on that trade

that's a long ways to drop back, plus lynch doesn't excite me much at all anymore

i'd do it for #41 and their first next year

NE usually has a couple of first round picks, why shouldn't we?

packerbacker1234
04-21-2010, 02:14 AM
WOuldn't be shocked with a Ryan Mathews pick.