Love: Pouncey, Iupati

Like: Hughs, Kindle

Dislike: Mays, Bryant, Pierre-Paul

Fritz
04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I'd be okay with a number of picks, but these I would not like:

Bruce Campbell
Dez Bryant

and...jason pierre-paul, or paul-pierre, or whatever his name is.

I'm okay with most of the names mentioned by other posters, though Mays does scare me and I hear bad stuff about Kindle, too. Of the Graham-Hughes-Kindle trio, I'd be okay with the first two but Kindle would scare me a bit.

SkinBasket
04-21-2010, 11:08 AM
I'll start

LOVE

Kindle

http://jerseychaser.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/sergio-kindle-texas-football-crash-car.jpg

If Sergio Kindle, Texas’ sick linebacker, ever asks to give you a ride…do not get in. Our knig just got caught running up in somebodies crib last week. And we mean that literally…his car really ran off the road and crashed into another student’s apartment building.

He drove right over a girl’s desk and computer, but luckily for him, nobody was home…because if there would have been someone sitting there… they would be up in the sky right now enjoying the Mike Jack concert with Farrah and Billy Mays.

His lawyer is over here saying that he was text-messaging and lost control. Yeah…at 2:50 in the morning, he wasn’t doing nothing but coming back from the club. But, we’ll never know if he was drunk or not because him and his boys pushed the car out of the house, down the road, and then broke.

Dude didn’t fess up to doing it until the next day, and any alcohol that was in his system was obviously gone. And yes, this is the same Sergio Kindle that was suspended for the first three games of the 2007 season after getting a DUI.

retailguy
04-21-2010, 11:46 AM
wow. great guy. :roll:

Lurker64
04-21-2010, 12:06 PM
LOVE
Jerry Hughes
Roger Saffold
Kyle Wilson
C.J. Spiller
Bryan Bulaga

OKAY WITH
Charles Brown
Anthony Davis
Brandon Graham
Jahvid Best

HATE
Taylor Mays
Sergio Kindle
Mike Iupati
Maurkice Pouncey
Bruce Campbell
Trent Williams

Tarlam!
04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
HATE
Mike Iupati
Maurkice Pouncey

:shock: :shock: :shock: I am shocked, I tell you, shocked!!!

swede
04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
At 23...

Love

A trade down of between 4-10 picks.

Hughes
Wilson
Pouncey
Matthews

Dislike

Any OT

Guiness
04-21-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't like Pierre-Paul - 1yr of major college football and a good combine put you in the first round?

Lurker64
04-21-2010, 12:28 PM
I don't like Pierre-Paul - 1yr of major college football and a good combine put you in the first round?

Not even a good combine, it was a "pretty good" combine. We won't take him.

ND72
04-21-2010, 12:31 PM

Not even a good combine, it was a "pretty good" combine. We won't take him.

NO NO NO. No Pierre-Paul. he is like my #1 NONO (I forgot about him, that's how much I dislike him).

mission
04-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Ill try to be semi-realistic here as far as our range of guys

LOVE :
CJ Spiller (i said "semi"!) :lol:
Trent Williams
Brandon Graham
Earl Thomas

LIKE (a lot) :
Jerry Hughes
Taylor Mays
Charles Brown
Pouncey
Wilson
Buluga
Iupati (slightly scared of)

SCARED OF :
Kindle
Bryant
Davis
Campbell
D.Thomas

NO WAY JOSE :
Golden Tate
Clausen (Ive seen it speculated!)

red
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
ok i'll try, and my list will be like mission's because no one knows how 5-50 will fall

guys i want

spiller
baluga
earl thomas
brandon graham
jedrry hughes
sergio kindle
joe haden
kyle wilson
patrick robinson
mike iupati

guys i would be ok with

trent williams
ryan mathews
devin mccourty
pouncey
veldheer(don't be shocked if he goes very high)
charles brown
jahvid best
taylor mays
shaun witherspoon
rolandon mcclain
terrence cody

guys i don't want
anthony davis
JPP
any WR or QB
bruce campbell

so going in, it looks like 2007, i should end up somewhat happy tomorrow. of course i ended up not happy after the 2007 draft

BF4MVP
04-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Love: Kareem Jackson, Mike Iupati

OK with: Taylor Mays, Sergio Kindle

Hate: Reaching for a tackle who's not one of the top 4 in the draft

I'd love to trade up and get Anthony Davis but my post is assuming we stay at 23

pbmax
04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
wow. great guy. :roll:
He only missed that driveway by 15 feet. That's not bad while doing 70 while asleep.

OK. Scratch that. It doesn't count if you carry it into place with your buddies.

Bretsky
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
If I can endorse Odell Thurman I can definitely still like Kindle :!:

Brandon494
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Anyone who hates Kindle has not seen this guy play but I don't see him falling to us anyhow.

Bretsky
04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Anyone who hates Kindle has not seen this guy play but I don't see him falling to us anyhow.

I'd agree with this............but ...........Odell Thurman was a fabulous football player.....but a terrible person

Is Kindle a bad person ??

swede
04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I think I'd hate drafting the OT who slept with his sister. I could spend all day making pooper jokes for Najeh. Incest jokes, not so much. I already used up the only one I knew.

SkinBasket
04-21-2010, 09:34 PM

Not going to matter when he fucking kills someone. You can get a lot of sacks in prison, but not from prison. With a sexy name like Sergio and such a nice, supple mouth, I'm sure he would be very popular.

mission
04-21-2010, 09:34 PM

I'd agree with this............but ...........Odell Thurman was a fabulous football player.....but a terrible person

Not unless good people drive cars into apartment buildings at 3am...

honestly tho, that's not even why im "scared of him" ... he doesn't really have any pash rush skills... he bull rushes guys, ive never really seen him look like cm3... he doesnt seem to really get after it like graham does. he's too long for that leverage position imo

watching this gruden with earl thomas thing on esph... man ... talk about swinging my vote. trade up? i want this guy. ferrreal.

Brandon494
04-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I believe he was 19 when he crashed into that building. I'm not saying hes not a dumbass for doing it but everyone has fucked up atleast once when they were young.

As for Earl Thomas I think he'll be a beast in the NFL.

mission
04-21-2010, 09:44 PM
I believe he was 19 when he crashed into that building. I'm not saying hes not a dumbass for doing it but everyone has fucked up atleast once when they were young.

that play against okla st when he drops off slot coverage with his back to the qb and just turns around and jumps a slant behind him just shows bigtime football intelligence/instinct. i dont care if he plays the same position at collins... they can both play. we don't need the run support anyway. :lol:

Brandon494
04-21-2010, 09:55 PM

that play against okla st when he drops off slot coverage with his back to the qb and just turns around and jumps a slant behind him just shows bigtime football intelligence/instinct. i dont care if he plays the same position at collins... they can both play. we don't need the run support anyway. :lol:

Oh for sure, NFL teams have been going with smaller safties now anyway.

The Shadow
04-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Love
Graham
Hughes
Earl Thomas

Ok[/b
]Kindle
Weatherspoon

[b]Hate
Any 'reach' OT

PS : Has anyone considered that a 230 lb. physical marvel - super fast - SS who, for a safety, is not a tremendous cover guy (Taylor Mayes) might make an intriguing OLB with more than enough cover skills for a LB?

vince
04-22-2010, 05:13 AM

Good article by McGinn on the Packers prospects at 23. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/91783214.html
I have to say that I'm concerned now, as most of what I believe regarding this pick is aligned with what's in this article.

And beyond Kindle's learning disorder, propensity to sleep through meetings, character concerns and behavior issues, Kindle's pash rush ability/explosiveness that I think is most important to the Packers at OLB is questionable. Obviously, every draft is littered with guys that looked great in college but not so much in the NFL. According to McGinn, TT likes Kindle, so we'll see how it goes soon enough.

vince
04-22-2010, 05:30 AM
PS : Has anyone considered that a 230 lb. physical marvel - super fast - SS who, for a safety, is not a tremendous cover guy (Taylor Mayes) might make an intriguing OLB with more than enough cover skills for a LB?
Yeah I thought about this too Shadow, but I concluded that we already have an undersized OLB who can cover and tackle in space but needs to be more stout in traffic and develop a couple more pash rush moves to bring the full arsenal to the table that the Packers need.

But Ted and Dom may have another opinion. I think Mays will be a very interesting guy to follow and see whether, how and where his unique skillset will fit. Could he bulk up and be transformed into an ultrafast LB, or remain a stiff-hipped, limited-coverage safety? Could he become a game-changing hybrid of some sort for a visionary coordinator, or is he doomed to be a relic of the past? Does The Shadow know?

Fritz
04-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Only The Shadow knows.

swede
04-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Yeah I thought about this too Shadow, but I concluded that we already have an undersized OLB who can cover and tackle in space but needs to be more stout in traffic and develop a couple more pash rush moves to bring the full arsenal to the table that the Packers need.

But Ted and Dom may have another opinion. I think Mays will be a very interesting guy to follow and see whether, how and where his unique skillset will fit. Could he bulk up and be transformed into an ultrafast LB, or remain a stiff-hipped, limited-coverage safety? Could he become a game-changing hybrid of some sort for a visionary coordinator, or is he doomed to be a relic of the past? Does The Shadow know?

When did Urlacher move from safety to LB? Senior year in college or did he move there when he got to Chicago?

vince
04-22-2010, 07:48 AM

When did Urlacher move from safety to LB? Senior year in college or did he move there when he got to Chicago?
THat's a good question. I guess it depends on how you want to look at what he did at New Mexico...

From Wikipedia:

Following the 1997 season, Franchione left the university to coach for Texas Christian University. Rocky Long, an alumnus of the university and former defensive coordinator for UCLA, helped Urlacher achieve national recognition. Under the tutelage of Long and defensive coordinator Bronco Mendenhall, Urlacher became a “Lobo-Back,” a cross between a linebacker and safety, and garnered much success in Long's 3–3–5 defense. He recorded 422 tackles, the third most in the school’s history, three interceptions, eleven forced fumbles and sacks.
He was drafted by the Bears in 2000.