PDA

View Full Version : If you're the Rams, Bradford or Suh?

swede
04-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Here's something I picked up browsing the rumor wire:

Meanwhile, NFL Network's Stacey Dales relayed a story from the Rams' headquarters Wednesday. G.M. Billy Devaney asked a room full of decision-makers who the top pick should be. The answer was nearly unanimous. Devaney said it was an easy process.

It's hard to imagine the room saying anyone but Sam Bradford at this point.

Suh looks like Reggie to me.

I would have to be really sure that Bradford was special to pass up Suh.

I also have a hard time believing the St. Louis war room was unanimous before the final consensus was reached. I'm sure they're all on board now, but dang it would be tempting to have Suh on your D line.

Bretsky
04-21-2010, 08:59 PM
You could also pose it like this

Suh and McCoy or Bradford and a guy likd Griffin

red
04-21-2010, 09:03 PM
if it was me i'm taking suh. he seems like the real deal to me, and a good guy on top of it

i don't even think bradford is a top 10 or 15 talent. there are clearly a lot of better players in this draft.

the problem is that they need a QB very badly, they almost have to take him

if it was me though, i'd go suh then colt mccoy at the top of the second

channtheman
04-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Suh. You need a QB but not if you're reaching. Take a QB in the later rounds that you can let develop and not start for 1 or 2 years. Yes some QB's have stepped in and looked impressive their first year (Flacco, Ryan) but they are the exception and not the rule.

swede
04-21-2010, 09:24 PM
So Chan and Red, if the Rams are going to draft Bradford why aren't they already negotiating?

Do you think they may actually draft one of the big DT's?

Brandon494
04-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Suh is the next Reggie White IMO. I know they play different positions but I believe he'll have the same impact.

I also like Bradford a lot and think he can be a good QB in this league, I just don't think he'll be a great one.

Brandon494
04-21-2010, 09:34 PM
So Chan and Red, if the Rams are going to draft Bradford why aren't they already negotiating?

Maybe a team want to trade up to the #1 spot to get Suh.

mission
04-21-2010, 09:38 PM
i honestly dont want suh in the division so yes if i were the rams, id draft him :D

packerbacker1234
04-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Suh. You need a QB but not if you're reaching. Take a QB in the later rounds that you can let develop and not start for 1 or 2 years. Yes some QB's have stepped in and looked impressive their first year (Flacco, Ryan) but they are the exception and not the rule.

And some teams (like the jets) just have enough around a QB to start him right away. I will say, Sanchez was impressive to me in the playoffs. The poise he showed going down the stretch in a couple of those games.

He clearly didn't blossom like flacco and ryan right away, but I think if you are also a team that has that great run game and defense, you can throw a guy in there too. Of course, the rams are not that team. The have a good RB but the line is suspect and what defense?

I would take Suh and brag Colt at the top of round 2. If Colt is gone, there are still a slew of "2nd tier" QB's that may be pretty good. Remember how crazy it was when Flacco was grabbed in round one when he wasn't even predicted in round 1? Sometimes you can see things in guys that aren't being talked about. The ravens I would say are pretty happy with that pick. Flacco has looked like the real deal and is getting better every season.

BF4MVP
04-21-2010, 09:43 PM
If it were up to me, I'd take Suh.

swede
04-21-2010, 09:46 PM
i honestly dont want suh in the division so yes if i were the rams, id draft him :D

That's my overriding interest in the matter.

I have a feeling the Rams are blowing a bit of smoke and they are going to take Suh.

red
04-21-2010, 10:01 PM

they could

pretty much everyone agree the top two players in the draft hands down are the two DT's

and to me bradford has some serious injury issues i'd be worried about

the rams did just trade Adam Carriker just days before the draft. that made me raise my eyebrow a bit and suspect they might go DT

Sparkey
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Suh, without any doubt. Especially since they just traded Carriker.

A guy like Suh makes the the other linemen and the linebackers that much better. Besides, how much difficulty will Bradford have reading NFL defenses ? I mean didn't he lead the Sooners in rushing attempts last year ?

Doesn't sound like a guy I'd take #1 overall.

Kiwon
04-21-2010, 10:34 PM
So if the Rams pass on Bradford who plays QB for their 1-15 team next year?

How much worse could they do starting a rookie? -1?

The Leaper
04-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Suh...and pick up McCoy later on.

I don't see any QB worthy of being the #1 overall selection in this draft. Honestly, I wouldn't take any of these QBs in the top 5.

Sparkey
04-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Make a move for a guy like Jason Campbell from Washington or Chad Pennington. They are guys out there that can stop gap while they get the talent level built back up.

Ideally, instead of making the pick, they trade back and add some picks and maybe players.

Tony Oday
04-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Trade the pick for Big Ben and the Steelers 1st? :)

channtheman
04-21-2010, 11:44 PM

I don't know why the Rams would be blowing smoke. With the number 1 pick, if you aren't trading it away there is no reason to not have your selection ready at this point. If they say Bradford, I'm going to assume they are actually going to take him. No idea why they aren't negotiating if they want to select him though.

I personally would take the DT. You need to build your team at the lines and when the BPA is also a DT you can't really go wrong.

Spaulding
04-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Suh = Sapp
Bradford = Joey Harrington

:D

I'd go DL for sure as although the bust rate there is quite high, not near as high as QB. Plus it's not like they have somebody in house to allow Bradford to groom so on a team as bad as the rams you might end up going all David Carr on him.

ND72
04-22-2010, 09:27 AM
I take Suh. I have NEVER liked Bradford. he has never impressed me. Even in his heisman year I thought Tebow was still the better player. 2 years ago, Bradford was never touched...amazing OL, along with a no huddle spread offense. I would have liked to see what Bradford would have looked like with Adrian Peterson and have him take snaps under center and run some true play action plays. Bradford is going to be a bust, and St. Louis is going to pay dearly for it.

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 09:34 AM
If I were the Rams, I'd sell my franchise.

Kiwon
04-22-2010, 07:43 PM
So if the Rams pass on Bradford who plays QB for their 1-15 team next year?

How much worse could they do starting a rookie? -1?

I guess we will find out. :mrgreen:

swede
04-22-2010, 07:49 PM
I wonder if their fans are happy about passing up Suh?