PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Couldn't resist coming back in to post this tweet from Arod to #88.."Just remember who pulls the trigger on Sunday big fella." :lol:

Awesome! Then Arod folded up his phone and put on the air belt - oh yeah!!! Wonder what precipitated that?

Tarlam!
04-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Couldn't resist coming back in to post this tweet from Arod to #88.."Just remember who pulls the trigger on Sunday big fella." :lol:

Love it!!! Love that he's the Packers' QB! Love it!!!

imscott72
04-24-2010, 01:11 PM

Awesome! Then Arod folded up his phone and put on the air belt - oh yeah!!! Wonder what precipitated that?

Not sure. Must have been some sort of comment from Finley about the Quarless pick.

Gunakor
04-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Newhouse isn't going to be better than Colledge fresh out of the draft. If you're suggesting we dump Colledge because we drafted Newhouse, well, that sounds crazy to me. Colledge will sign his tender if he wants to play football this year, so for THIS year, we don't have to offer Colledge anything. We should be making that evaluation on whether to dump him or trade him next offseason, not this one.

Tarlam!
If he's gone, who's starting at LG. If it's Spitz, then who's our backup interior lineman? A lot of questions to answer before suggesting he be cut or traded.

Whoever it is, it'll be a Packer People.

RashanGary
Colledge is going to have a 10+ year NFL career, whether it's all with us or some of it with someone else.

Worst case, Colledge is a good backup LG, RG and RT.

green_bowl_packer

Not sure. Must have been some sort of comment from Finley about the Quarless pick.

I just found this. Seems Blackmon is pretty entertaining too.

http://twitter-athletes.com/index.cfm?CatID=49

Tarlam!
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM

Those were my thoughts

imscott72
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
I found Finley's comment about the Quarless pick..

Tightend?!?!! :(

http://twitter.com/JermichaelF88

red
04-24-2010, 01:15 PM
not a real sexy draft for us

2 o-linemen, 1 3-4 DE. no glory for those guys

at best our #2 TE one day

and a possible starter at strong safety

not a lot of sex there, but a lot of talented guys at positions the keep the gears greased up

could end up being an important draft for our super bowl teams

Gunakor
04-24-2010, 01:15 PM
If he's gone, who's starting at LG. If it's Spitz, then who's our backup interior lineman? A lot of questions to answer before suggesting he be cut or traded.

Whoever it is, it'll be a Packer People.

But will they be better offensive guards than Colledge?

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Bears just pick QB Lefevour sp - wasting what few picks they have. Lions are knockin on the Bear's door.

mission
04-24-2010, 01:17 PM
sent this

@JermichaelF88 we had so much luck with u that we want the same to replace donald lee at #2. ur an all pro big man, consider it flattery

havent been on twitter in months

Sparkey
04-24-2010, 01:18 PM
After the Packers select Quarless:

JMAC tweets: Tightend?!?!! :(

ARod tweets: @JermichaelF88 just remember who pulls the trigger on Sunday big fella haha

rbaloha1
04-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Colledge is going to have a 10+ year NFL career, whether it's all with us or some of it with someone else.

Tell that to Colledge -- he does not view himself as a backup but as a pro bowler.

Hopefully Lang, Spitz, TCU or Bulaga can force a Colledge trade.

Sparkey
04-24-2010, 01:19 PM
The Bills are reportedly open to Brian Brohm starting at quarterback in 2010, according to Chris Mortensen's (ESPN) twitter page.

Gunakor
Bears just pick QB Lefevour sp - wasting what few picks they have. Lions are knockin on the Bear's door.

I don't think it was a bad pick. That's pretty good value for this part of the draft.

rbaloha1

Good pick for the Bears. Like this kid.

retailguy

Colledge's future ought to be managing a Dairy Queen.

He's inconsistent. That's the death knell of an OG. He's had enough time to get consistent, and can't.

pittstang5
The Bills are reportedly open to Brian Brohm starting at quarterback in 2010, according to Chris Mortensen's (ESPN) twitter page.

HA! funny.

packers11
04-24-2010, 01:20 PM
OLB with next pick ... PLEASE T.T? :)

mission

plus he's a naperville kid. makes sense.

rbaloha1

He's inconsistent. That's the death knell of an OG. He's had enough time to get consistent, and can't.

Just like Moll. Go campaign with Palin

Tarlam!
04-24-2010, 01:21 PM

That would make 4 starting QB's that TT had a hand in....

rbaloha1
04-24-2010, 01:21 PM

HA! funny.

Liked BB coming out of the draft/ Could be decent if he gets back his swagger.

retailguy
04-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Newhouse isn't going to be better than Colledge fresh out of the draft. If you're suggesting we dump Colledge because we drafted Newhouse, well, that sounds crazy to me. Colledge will sign his tender if he wants to play football this year, so for THIS year, we don't have to offer Colledge anything. We should be making that evaluation on whether to dump him or trade him next offseason, not this one.

The diet pepsi machine has a chance to be more consistent than Colledge.

Sincerely, he's taking up space from someone who has the skill set and the demeanor to improve. Colledge's attitude is his biggest impediment to change. That ain't changing, and neither is he.

cut bait and move on, the sooner the better.

Gunakor
04-24-2010, 01:23 PM

LOL, you guys are horrible...

If we go through TC and preseason and determine that there are four interior linemen better than Daryn Colledge on our roster then I agree, it's time to get rid of him.

retailguy

I liked Moll better than Colledge and that isn't saying very much.

mission

HA! funny.

Liked BB coming out of the draft/ Could be decent if he gets back his swagger.

he probably looks a lot better in practice (considering bills qbs) than he did next to rodgers

falco
04-24-2010, 01:25 PM

Jwill

Tarlam!
04-24-2010, 01:27 PM

If we go through TC and preseason and determine that there are four interior linemen better than Daryn Colledge on our roster then I agree, it's time to get rid of him.

We're not horrible. He's the OG version of Mike Mac adn J-Walk. He aint a Packer People and he needs to go.

swede
04-24-2010, 01:28 PM

I liked Moll better than Colledge and that isn't saying very much.

I don't think there's any football reason to feel this way.

Do you not like his attitude or personality?

Okay, Tarlam's post answered it.

You think he's a jerk.

All right.

Sparkey
04-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Dwyer to the Steelers

red
04-24-2010, 01:31 PM
just an FYI

my favorite draft site draft ace, has newhouse as the #5 OG in the draft

it looks like most of the knocks on him are directed at him being a LT, where he was a starter for 3 years. it sounds like his more natural position would be LG and he could end up being a good one

good pick IMO

retailguy

We're not horrible. He's the OG version of Mike Mac adn J-Walk. He aint a Packer People and he needs to go.

If those 4 linemen are young and still have the chance to improve, I'd keep them over colledge. Honestly, you know what you get with him, and it isn't very much. If I had a dollar for everytime I've seen his man rushing the QB and him standing there with his head bowed, I'd be a rich man.

I'm done with that. I don't care about his talent, I don't care if he'd "be a good backup". I want him gone. Today. His inconsistency is infectious, and we need to keep the others from catching it.

Spitz can fill in for a year until the new kid is ready. Spitz is equal to Wells at center so we aren't out much. If Spitz is consistently below average at LG, it's better than the boom/bust mentality that is there now.

Fritz
It's turning into a weird draft. Impossible of course to say whether it will be a good draft, but it's weird. Where's the corner? Where's the outside linebacker? Where's the kick/punt return guy?

I think Red is right - Borat would not like this draft. Not much sexytime.

Sparkey
04-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Hope Brandon Lang is the pick in the sixth round

pittstang5

Jwill

Who?

swede
Wang went in the 5th!!

There was our chance to get a decent Chinese restaurant in Green Bay.

Oh well, the ones we do have are keeping the feral cat population down.

rbaloha1
04-24-2010, 01:33 PM
just an FYI

my favorite draft site draft ace, has newhouse as the #5 OG in the draft

it looks like most of the knocks on him are directed at him being a LT, where he was a starter for 3 years. it sounds like his more natural position would be LG and he could end up being a good one

good pick IMO

Good.

retailguy
It's turning into a weird draft. Impossible of course to say whether it will be a good draft, but it's weird. Where's the corner? Where's the outside linebacker? Where's the kick/punt return guy?

I think Red is right - Borat would not like this draft. Not much sexytime.

Ted's been around a long time now. Sexy? You've got to be kidding me. Just keep drafting OL, please!!!!

Tarlam!

You think he's a jerk.

All right.

Nick Collins demonstrated perfectly well how to go about it. So Did Jennings and even Grant, who held out, showed class doing it. Everybody knows it's a business.

Colledge thinks he's better than he actually is. Nothing wrong with that, but shouting it out loud is pretty stupid.

pittstang5
Hope Brandon Lang is the pick in the sixth round

Me too...but now he'll be gone.

Sparkey
per DraftAce: The egos at QB in Chicago are off the charts!

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 01:35 PM

I like the pick too, but in a sadistic way. I'm not saying he's a bad player saw him play a lot, has many NCAA records. I think I remember hearing from his bowl game announcers that his stats were actually better or similar Tebows - not sure, but he is good. He is a value pick, I just think they could have spent this pick better.

They have Cutler who just they just gave away the draft for then you pick another QB who's not going to play, when there OL sucks and defense is aging. I think they're a team of few great players (Urlacher, Cutler, Briggs, Peppers, P-Nut?) and nothing else.

I'm not complaining though.

pittstang5
04-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Anyone have anything on Lindsey Witten from Conn. Listed as a DE, but can't find anything on him...Can he switch to OLB.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 01:36 PM
per DraftAce: The egos at QB in Chicago are off the charts!

I've met Bob Avellini from the 80's, it's a looong tradition. Total douche.

Sparkey
04-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Anyone have anything on Lindsey Witten from Conn. Listed as a DE, but can't find anything on him...Can he switch to OLB.

Strengths:
An impressive athlete. Has the size and athleticism to play as a defensive end in a 4-3, or outside linebacker in a 3-4. A hard worker on and off the field. A scrappy player that holds up against bigger offensive linemen better than you would expect considering his size.
Weaknesses:
Limited experience; didn't a starting role until his senior year. Strength is marginal . Much better as a pass rusher than in run defense.
Comments:
Younger brother of Bills safety Donte Whitner. Witten is an intriguing prospect who could be a steal if he falls to the 3rd or 4th round. His limited experience gives teams reason to question his ability to play at the next level, but there's no denying his production as a senior. He may need some time to develop and bulk up a little, but could certainly earn a starting role in a year or two.

red
04-24-2010, 01:37 PM
more on newhouse from cbs

01/20/2010 - EAST-WEST SHRINE RISERS: OG Marshall Newhouse, TCU: He lined up all along the offensive line this week, turning his man out of the hole, setting quickly in pass protection and generally out-working his man whether playing inside or outside. The 6-3, 326-pound former Horned Frog projects to guard at the next level, but scouts value his versatility to slide over to either tackle spot if needed. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

Overview

The three-year starter at left tackle is expected to shift inside to guard at the professional level. Ever since stepping into the starting lineup, Newhouse has been a model of consistency and a dominant force in the trenches, earning All-Mountain West Conference honors three consecutive seasons.

The highly intelligent blocker, who is a double major, comes from a football-rich family.

His father, John, played football at the University of Houston and was part of three Cotton Bowl teams (1977, 1979, 1980). His cousin, Robert Newhouse, is a former Dallas Cowboy fullback great (1972-83). He also has other cousins who played football at Baylor (Reggie Newhouse) and Rice (Rod Newhouse).

Newhouse was a standout blocker during his two-year football career at Lake Highlands High School, where he earned first-team All-District 10-5A honors. He was named the District Offensive Line MVP as a senior, while also being chosen Lake Highlands' Most Outstanding Offensive Blocker.

In addition to his exploits on the gridiron, Newhouse lettered in track & field, as well as weightlifting. He was the 2006 UIL Texas State shot put champion and competed in power-lifting, earning a third-place finish in the 2005 championships. He was very active on campus at Lake Highlands, where he was a member of the Horticulture Society and Japanese Club.

Newhouse enrolled at Texas Christian in 2005, where he was the only true freshman to earn a letter on offense. He played behind Wade Sisk at right tackle, producing 10 knockdown blocks coming off the bench.

In 2007, Newhouse shifted to left offensive tackle, registering 76 knockdowns and eight touchdown-resulting blocks for an offense that averaged 386.6 yards per game. He got an opportunity to carry the ball, gaining three yards from that attempt vs. New Mexico. The first-year starter received All-Mountain West Conference honorable mention.

Newhouse continued to man the left tackle position, starting all 13 games in 2008. The second-team All-MWC choice delivered nine touchdown-resulting blocks and again led the team with 88 key blocks that included nine touchdown-resulting hits. The Horned Frogs gained 1,644 of its 2,863 yards rushing over the left side of their line.

2009 was the season that the senior finally gained national notice. He posted 14 touchdown-resulting blocks among his 106 knockdowns, paving the way for a running attack that amassed 3,114 yards. His performance earned him All-American third-team and All-MWC first-team accolades, as TCU generated 5,937 yards in total offense and scored 498 points, both team season-records.

Analysis

Positives: Newhouse has a thick, squat frame, with a wide chest, long arms, very strong hand punch (more so with his right than left) with above average quickness, powerful leg drive, strong hands, broad shoulders and a thick chest … Uses his hands with force to jolt and shock the defender in attempts to control the line of scrimmage … One of the more athletic trap blockers in the draft, he has good body control and flexibility, loose hips, average initial quickness and does a nice job of keeping his hands inside his frame to battle counter moves … Quick coming off the snap, getting his hands up into the defender's chest to gain advantage, leverage and sustain … Has the agility to play the guard position at the next level, as he has a strong concept for angling and shows good plant-&-drive agility to follow the ballcarrier to the cutback lanes … Has above average hand speed, showing the ability to fire off the snap with explosiveness … With his field vision, he can easily locate stunts and blitzes … Displays good balance and body control on the short pull, taking proper angles to get to the linebackers at the second level … Good position blocker with fluid flexibility and knee bend … Has the ability to wall off and screen, doing a nice job of rolling his hips on contact … Plays with leverage and at a proper pad level, delivering powerful arm swipes to prevent defenders from getting into his body … Sinks his hips, mirrors the defensive linemen, bends his knees properly and extends his arms well to make the reach block … Works well in combination with the other linemen to maintain the rush lanes and shows flexibility and balance working toward the edge to shut down the pass rush … With his excellent balance and wide base, he can easily maintain position at the line of scrimmage and is very effective driving his man off the first level … Shows good body control and hip snap to get in front on end-around, as his hand strength allows him to lock on and control the defender … When working in-line, he handles combo blocks effectively and works well with the tackles in neutralizing the blitzes off the edge.

Negatives: Has very good arm reach, but his hands are not evenly proportioned (right one is 10 1/4-inches in width/left one is 9 1/2) and he does become right-hand dominant because of this … His size is a little shorter than what most teams look for in a left tackle and will more likely shift inside to guard … While he shows nimble feet and a good burst working into the second level, he sometimes gets his feet too narrow running long distances and can be tripped up … This results in him slipping off some of his blocks when working in space, but he shows the ability to recover and take good angles … On the rare occasions that he drops his head in pass protection, he will then tend to play some on his toes, but he will then recover, sink his hips and do a decent job of mirroring his man … Despite his strong hand punch, he will do more grabbing that shocking and jolting the defender as he starts tiring later in games.

Compares To: RANDY THOMAS, ex-Washington -- Newhouse should have little problem adjusting to blocking in-line. He was often used to lead the charge on end-arounds and works well with the other blockers to widen the rush lane. He is a powerful sort, yet also has very good balance and quickness for an offensive lineman. For a team that stresses zone blocking, this nimble athlete should fit in nicely.

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Is Selvish Capers is still out there if we're looking for the OL smorgasboard

at this point it's a dart board

Be happy with a special teams ace

Gunakor
04-24-2010, 01:38 PM

You think he's a jerk.

All right.

Nick Collins demonstrated perfectly well how to go about it. So Did Jennings and even Grant, who held out, showed class doing it. Everybody knows it's a business.

Colledge thinks he's better than he actually is. Nothing wrong with that, but shouting it out loud is pretty stupid.

I fully agree with you here Tar. It is stupid, and there were much better ways to go about it. But is that alone worth getting rid of him in favor of a lesser player at the position? Aren't we trying to win football games? Keep the best 53, right?

pbmax
04-24-2010, 01:38 PM
You wouldn't even want him as a backup if someone beats him out for the starting job?

I'm with RG. He's as much Packer People as was Javon Walker.
RG was talking about Colledge. Colledge has been as involved with the community and public relations as any player. He IS Packer people, even if you think he should be cut. He does all the videos for Packers.com

He may be mad at the team now, but he is no wonderlic Walker.

red
04-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Is Selvish Capers is still out there if we're looking for the OL smorgasboard

at this point it's a dart board

Be happy with a special teams ace

selvie is still there too

pittstang5

Strengths:
An impressive athlete. Has the size and athleticism to play as a defensive end in a 4-3, or outside linebacker in a 3-4. A hard worker on and off the field. A scrappy player that holds up against bigger offensive linemen better than you would expect considering his size.
Weaknesses:
Limited experience; didn't a starting role until his senior year. Strength is marginal . Much better as a pass rusher than in run defense.
Comments:
Younger brother of Bills safety Donte Whitner. Witten is an intriguing prospect who could be a steal if he falls to the 3rd or 4th round. His limited experience gives teams reason to question his ability to play at the next level, but there's no denying his production as a senior. He may need some time to develop and bulk up a little, but could certainly earn a starting role in a year or two.

Nice...I'll take him!

swede

You think he's a jerk.

All right.

I didn't mean it to sound sarcastic. We invest emotionally in our teams as a kind of cathartic hobby. We look for certain characteristics in our team that we can identify with and be proud of. We like the way some players carry themselves. We get irritated by the actions of others. I think, for whatever reason, we have a sharp recollection of Colledge's football blunders and dumb statements and do not remember so well the good things he has done.

Colledge's off-season blabbing was probably not meant for the ears of the local fans but they made it all the way back to us.

Whatever. We can do better.

pbmax
04-24-2010, 01:40 PM
I'd be fine if Lang moves out to tackle. Then in place of Barbre and Giacomini, we have Lang and Bulaga.

Inside, Spitz can back up all three positions. Colledge can sitll start until we find something better and Newhouse/Deitrich will be the nice workable prospecs.

I hope Colledge gets cut during training camp.

LOL, he's been a starter for us for a few years now. You wouldn't even want him as a backup if someone beats him out for the starting job?

Inconsistent at best. Lack of upper body strength still an issue.
Which proves how much you have been paying attention. Upper body is his strong suit. He needs a better anchor and to not lunge at D lineman. His problem is with his feet, legs and butt.

rbaloha1
04-24-2010, 01:41 PM

01/20/2010 - EAST-WEST SHRINE RISERS: OG Marshall Newhouse, TCU: He lined up all along the offensive line this week, turning his man out of the hole, setting quickly in pass protection and generally out-working his man whether playing inside or outside. The 6-3, 326-pound former Horned Frog projects to guard at the next level, but scouts value his versatility to slide over to either tackle spot if needed. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

Overview

The three-year starter at left tackle is expected to shift inside to guard at the professional level. Ever since stepping into the starting lineup, Newhouse has been a model of consistency and a dominant force in the trenches, earning All-Mountain West Conference honors three consecutive seasons.

The highly intelligent blocker, who is a double major, comes from a football-rich family.

His father, John, played football at the University of Houston and was part of three Cotton Bowl teams (1977, 1979, 1980). His cousin, Robert Newhouse, is a former Dallas Cowboy fullback great (1972-83). He also has other cousins who played football at Baylor (Reggie Newhouse) and Rice (Rod Newhouse).

Newhouse was a standout blocker during his two-year football career at Lake Highlands High School, where he earned first-team All-District 10-5A honors. He was named the District Offensive Line MVP as a senior, while also being chosen Lake Highlands' Most Outstanding Offensive Blocker.

In addition to his exploits on the gridiron, Newhouse lettered in track & field, as well as weightlifting. He was the 2006 UIL Texas State shot put champion and competed in power-lifting, earning a third-place finish in the 2005 championships. He was very active on campus at Lake Highlands, where he was a member of the Horticulture Society and Japanese Club.

Newhouse enrolled at Texas Christian in 2005, where he was the only true freshman to earn a letter on offense. He played behind Wade Sisk at right tackle, producing 10 knockdown blocks coming off the bench.

In 2007, Newhouse shifted to left offensive tackle, registering 76 knockdowns and eight touchdown-resulting blocks for an offense that averaged 386.6 yards per game. He got an opportunity to carry the ball, gaining three yards from that attempt vs. New Mexico. The first-year starter received All-Mountain West Conference honorable mention.

Newhouse continued to man the left tackle position, starting all 13 games in 2008. The second-team All-MWC choice delivered nine touchdown-resulting blocks and again led the team with 88 key blocks that included nine touchdown-resulting hits. The Horned Frogs gained 1,644 of its 2,863 yards rushing over the left side of their line.

2009 was the season that the senior finally gained national notice. He posted 14 touchdown-resulting blocks among his 106 knockdowns, paving the way for a running attack that amassed 3,114 yards. His performance earned him All-American third-team and All-MWC first-team accolades, as TCU generated 5,937 yards in total offense and scored 498 points, both team season-records.

Analysis

Positives: Newhouse has a thick, squat frame, with a wide chest, long arms, very strong hand punch (more so with his right than left) with above average quickness, powerful leg drive, strong hands, broad shoulders and a thick chest … Uses his hands with force to jolt and shock the defender in attempts to control the line of scrimmage … One of the more athletic trap blockers in the draft, he has good body control and flexibility, loose hips, average initial quickness and does a nice job of keeping his hands inside his frame to battle counter moves … Quick coming off the snap, getting his hands up into the defender's chest to gain advantage, leverage and sustain … Has the agility to play the guard position at the next level, as he has a strong concept for angling and shows good plant-&-drive agility to follow the ballcarrier to the cutback lanes … Has above average hand speed, showing the ability to fire off the snap with explosiveness … With his field vision, he can easily locate stunts and blitzes … Displays good balance and body control on the short pull, taking proper angles to get to the linebackers at the second level … Good position blocker with fluid flexibility and knee bend … Has the ability to wall off and screen, doing a nice job of rolling his hips on contact … Plays with leverage and at a proper pad level, delivering powerful arm swipes to prevent defenders from getting into his body … Sinks his hips, mirrors the defensive linemen, bends his knees properly and extends his arms well to make the reach block … Works well in combination with the other linemen to maintain the rush lanes and shows flexibility and balance working toward the edge to shut down the pass rush … With his excellent balance and wide base, he can easily maintain position at the line of scrimmage and is very effective driving his man off the first level … Shows good body control and hip snap to get in front on end-around, as his hand strength allows him to lock on and control the defender … When working in-line, he handles combo blocks effectively and works well with the tackles in neutralizing the blitzes off the edge.

Negatives: Has very good arm reach, but his hands are not evenly proportioned (right one is 10 1/4-inches in width/left one is 9 1/2) and he does become right-hand dominant because of this … His size is a little shorter than what most teams look for in a left tackle and will more likely shift inside to guard … While he shows nimble feet and a good burst working into the second level, he sometimes gets his feet too narrow running long distances and can be tripped up … This results in him slipping off some of his blocks when working in space, but he shows the ability to recover and take good angles … On the rare occasions that he drops his head in pass protection, he will then tend to play some on his toes, but he will then recover, sink his hips and do a decent job of mirroring his man … Despite his strong hand punch, he will do more grabbing that shocking and jolting the defender as he starts tiring later in games.

Compares To: RANDY THOMAS, ex-Washington -- Newhouse should have little problem adjusting to blocking in-line. He was often used to lead the charge on end-arounds and works well with the other blockers to widen the rush lane. He is a powerful sort, yet also has very good balance and quickness for an offensive lineman. For a team that stresses zone blocking, this nimble athlete should fit in nicely.

Sounds like a perfect fit for the zbs. Good at trapping and powerfully built -- the antithesis of Colledge.

pbmax
I don't really get the hatin' on Colledge.

He's had some bad games, but he's had games with some awesome zone blocks that turned into touchdowns. I remember more games that we didn't talk about him that ones where we ripped on him.

Certainly he could be upgraded.

He'd be a good back-up I guess.

Always whining about his contract. Refused to sign tender. Makes too many mistakes. A%^ho)@
One offseason spring with two comments about his contract. One positive and one negative (reportedly - no one has the tape). You make a convincing case in your own head, but in reality.

Gunakor

Overview

Analysis

Sounds like a perfect fit for the zbs. Good at trapping and powerfully built -- the antithesis of Colledge.

He has to prove it first.

green_bowl_packer
Bills snatched Danny Batten the OLB we had in from south dakota, there's another one gone.

swede
04-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Selection is...James Starks

Gunakor
04-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Packers take James Starks, RB, Buffalo with pick #193

Sparkey
04-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Selection is...James Starks

Strengths:
A smart, patient runner. Has a nice burst when he hits the hole. Decent agility; has the ability to make defenders miss. Leads by example. A hard worker that coaches speak very high of.
Weaknesses:
Missed entire 2009 season with a shoulder injury. Has a tall, lean frame; needs to bulk up to improve durability. Not a physical runner; looks to avoid contact but doesn't have the speed to be elusive at the next level.
Comments:
Starks was a promising prospect entering his senior year, but his shoulder injury is a major concern. His body type would raises durability concerns even without a history of injuries, but the shoulder injury makes is a serious issue. He has a high ceiling if he can stay healthy and bulk up, but he also has a very low floor.

steve823
James Starks

Strengths
Starks has nice height, a good build and impressive overall size for a running back. Has the necessary speed to be a threat on the outside at the next level. Exhibits good acceleration and burst through the hole for a bigger back.

Weaknesses
Does not run with the power we’d like to see for his size. Starks has some straight line to him and isn’t going to shake a lot of tacklers. Durability is a concern after missing his senior year with injury.

packers11
OVERVIEW

Starks missed the 2009 season after undergoing surgery to repair his shoulder. He is a converted running back and had consecutive thousand yard seasons in 2007 and 2008. He has a little wiggle to him as he hits the hole and can veer off course after getting to the second level to make the first man miss but is not a top cut-back runner. He has a good burst through the hole and shows the speed to take it all the way once he gets to the open field.

Ryan Grant Jr?

green_bowl_packer
Packers take James Starks, RB, Buffalo with pick #193

Is this the Turner Gill connection?

swede
04-24-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/RB/James-Starks.php

red
james stark, taking a flyer here on a promising guy that missed all of last season

from draft ace

Ht: 6'2
Wt: 218

Strengths:
A smart, patient runner. Has a nice burst when he hits the hole. Decent agility; has the ability to make defenders miss. Leads by example. A hard worker that coaches speak very high of.
Weaknesses:
Missed entire 2009 season with a shoulder injury. Has a tall, lean frame; needs to bulk up to improve durability. Not a physical runner; looks to avoid contact but doesn't have the speed to be elusive at the next level.
Comments:
Starks was a promising prospect entering his senior year, but his shoulder injury is a major concern. His body type would raises durability concerns even without a history of injuries, but the shoulder injury makes is a serious issue. He has a high ceiling if he can stay healthy and bulk up, but he also has a very low floor.

rbaloha1

He's had some bad games, but he's had games with some awesome zone blocks that turned into touchdowns. I remember more games that we didn't talk about him that ones where we ripped on him.

Always whining about his contract. Refused to sign tender. Makes too many mistakes. A%^ho)@
One offseason spring with two comments about his contract. One positive and one negative (reportedly - no one has the tape). You make a convincing case in your own head, but in reality.

Write what you want -- Colledge will not be a Packer in 2010.

Fritz
04-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Here's a bit from Quarless, describing his sit-down with McAdoo, the TE coach: "We sat down and talked about x and os, talked about life."

McAdoo: So, dude....what do you think about life and stuff?

Quarless: Man, I don't know. Life is like, y'know, totally meaningful. I just don't know if there's a God who hands down the morality or if it's all up to us. Y'know?"

McAdoo: Oh, totally. Sometimes I lay awake at night and think about that shit.

Quarless: Serious.

swede
sounds like a Grant clone...big but not physical

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/RB/James-Starks.php

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1123431

Gunakor
It's the time of the draft to take these chances on high ceiling, low floor type guys. I don't mind the pick too much.

Fritz
04-24-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm okay with it. It's the sixth round.

Bretsky
Must not be any punter out there worth drafting :lol:

rbaloha1
The Buffalo pick is a good pass receiver. B.Jackson better stay healthy.

Lurker64
04-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Figured they'd take a RB at some point. I liked Starks a couple years ago when Buffalo won all those games (Turner Gil turned around that program as fast as I've ever seen). Didn't see him or hear from him at all this year. Now I know why!

swede
04-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Must not be any punter out there worth drafting :lol:

My theory is that one of the last three guys taken can also punt.

Gunakor
04-24-2010, 01:50 PM
He looks like he was a pretty prolific pass catcher out of the backfield as well. 52 catches in 2008.

swede

+1

BJack is the pebble that makes no ripple in the pond.

pittstang5

Ok..good.

At first I thought he'd be a power back, but I keep reading that he's big, but not powerful. At least he can catch.

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 01:51 PM
and Myron Roell keep fallin

pbmax
04-24-2010, 01:51 PM

You think he's a jerk.

All right.

One comment about the unfairness of needing to be an RFA for two more years when absent a change of the CBA, he would have been a UFA. This isn't a Walker temper tantrum.

red
04-24-2010, 01:52 PM
guy caught 93 passes in 2007 and 2008. and 2008 wasn't a full year, he missed 6 games with a knee injury

he's got some injury risks, and hasn't played a lot the last two years. but i'm reading he's perfect for the ZBS, is physical and runs through tackles but seesm out of control at times. and has decent speed

swede

Dr. Samkon Gado needs to put in a good word.

the NFL needs molecular physiobiologists, too.

Sparkey

I think his not playing in 2009 is really hurting his status.

Bretsky
Bedard has watched the RB play a lot........very very impressed with his talent.....dude seems to always be injured with something though

likes the pick

Lurker64
04-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Okay, time for the Seventh Round "Weird Ted Flyer" game.

I'm thinking:
Jevan Snead, QB Ole Miss.
Dez Briscoe, WR Kansas.
Matt Dodge, P ECU.

Sparkey
04-24-2010, 01:54 PM
COORS, the Banquet beer.

WTF is a banquet beer ?

pittstang5
04-24-2010, 01:55 PM

I'm thinking:
Dez Briscoe, WR Kansas.
Matt Dodge, P ECU.

I think Briscoe is gone

Lurker64
COORS, the Banquet beer.

WTF is a banquet beer ?

The beer your serve at your banquet.

pbmax

I prefer to write what I know instead of pretending I can predict the future. No one on this team has outperformed Colledge at LG. Lang might this camp. The rest is all guess work.

RG undersells him by remembering only the bad plays. No numbers or context. He is below average pass blocker and an above average run blocker. The problem is, there is no one better than that at LG on the team with the possible exception of Lang.

Lurker64

I'm thinking:
Dez Briscoe, WR Kansas.
Matt Dodge, P ECU.

I think Briscoe is gone

Yeah, he went after the Packers. Good pick for the Bengals. Guy has talent.

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I think Myron Roell can play in the NFL

Myron Roell
T Holliday or the best punt/kick returner on the board :!:

swede
04-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm watching Thomas Dimitroff, the GM for Atlanta, on NFLN.

He looks like a thirty year-old English professor. It's like he went to the wrong interview but made a good impression.

mission
04-24-2010, 01:57 PM
here's a little feature on starks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTU1NaF2gv0

he's a beast out of the backfield.. remember catching a buffalo game on espn2 a couple years back. very shifty.

falco
04-24-2010, 01:57 PM

I'm thinking:
Dez Briscoe, WR Kansas.
Matt Dodge, P ECU.

Jeremy Williams, PLEASE

pbmax
04-24-2010, 01:58 PM

Myron Roell
Its ridiculous no one has drafted him. No one wants to bet the money from football will keep him in football, I guess. This is what being overqualified for the NFL must look like. :lol:

steve823
I just woke up recently and check all these picks out. How do you guys feel about the TE pick ?

Even though Lee is bad I thought we would've addressed a different position since we do have Finley.

rbaloha1

I prefer to write what I know instead of pretending I can predict the future. No one on this team has outperformed Colledge at LG. Lang might this camp. The rest is all guess work.

RG undersells him by remembering only the bad plays. No numbers or context. He is below average pass blocker and an above average run blocker. The problem is, there is no one better than that at LG on the team with the possible exception of Lang.

The entire draft is predicted on the future. Agree with your Colledge assessment.

You are predicting only Lang is a possibility to beat-out Colledge. I predict you are wrong.

pbmax
04-24-2010, 02:00 PM

The entire draft is predicted on the future. Agree with your Colledge assessment.

You are predicting only Lang is a possibility to beat-out Colledge. I predict you are wrong.
That's the difference. Lang showed what he could do last year while at LG. Everything about the rookies is a flat guess.

Someone might get him. But we have no idea who that is yet. And it won't be because of Packer People qualities or one complaint about not being offered a long term contract.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Mike Mayock, NFL Network
193 -- Packers -- RB James Starks

I'm happy to see his name finally called. The talented tailback from Buffalo got injured and missed his entire senior season. Some teams thought he had a chance with a powerful senior season to move into the second or third round. With Green Bay, he'll have an opportunity to be core special teams player and have a chance to compete at RB as well.

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 02:03 PM
I just woke up recently and check all these picks out. How do you guys feel about the TE pick ?

Even though Lee is bad I thought we would've addressed a different position since we do have Finley.

luke warm
big upside
he's made plenty of bad choices in his life
nice speed....nice upside

rbaloha1
04-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Mike Mayock, NFL Network

I'm happy to see his name finally called. The talented tailback from Buffalo got injured and missed his entire senior season. Some teams thought he had a chance with a powerful senior season to move into the second or third round. With Green Bay, he'll have an opportunity to be core special teams player and have a chance to compete at RB as well.

read on the packers blog that he is a good cutback runner -- great for the zbs.

steve823
04-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Mike Mayock, NFL Network

I thought that was a good pick, as was Marshall Newhouse the OT. But why did we get a TE, even if he does have potential?

steve823
04-24-2010, 02:05 PM

luke warm
big upside
he's made plenty of bad choices in his life
nice speed....nice upside

Oh ok thanks. At least we can look at it from the good side..no more Lee on the field hopefully ! He dropped so many key passes last year

rbaloha1
04-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Mike Mayock, NFL Network

I thought that was a good pick, as was Marshall Newhouse the OT. But why did we get a TE, even if he does have potential?

donald lee drops too many passes. clearly not the same player after signing the big contract.

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Mike Mayock, NFL Network

BPA with upside, I think

for the most part we seem to be realying upon that way more than need

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Here's the 92 yard run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaMmHWpXwZg&feature=related

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 02:07 PM
our new RB

One of three runners to place in the top 10 at combine in 40, vertical, broad, three-cone drill and 20-yard shuttle. (Ben Tate, Hardesty)

steve823
I wonder why Donovan Warren, the CB from Michigan is still up there? I thought he would've went before the 4th round

retailguy

Look, I'm not a "stats guy". Never will be. And I believe in this case that the "stats" don't matter.

Colledge has all the talent in the world. He should be a pro bowl player by now. He isn't and never will be. His inconsistency is absolutely maddening.

You said "upper body" was his strength. I agree, it should be, but it isn't. His footwork can be precise one play and horrible the next. He should beat 95% of the folks he blocks in terms of upper body strength. He doesn't. He gets beat consistently there.

Rodgers had a bout with "happy feet" at the beginning of last season. Why? Because he never knew when Colledge (et al) were going to get stoned. He never knew where the hit was coming from.

I hold Colledge responsible for that. This OL has always been inconsistent. Colledge is the poster boy for that. He needs to go, and Spitz needs to follow him. Next season for sure, unless things change.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2010, 02:09 PM

Because Spencer Havner is easily replaceable and has limited upside.

steve823
04-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Myron Roell

Even if he doesn't turn out to be a great player.. he will provide more safety depth along with Burnett. Hopefully that would mean Martin and Bush would never see the field again :P

Bretsky
dam

there goes T Holliday to the Texans

mission
more starks highlights (#19)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPDRf8NkSXI

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 02:12 PM

Myron Roell

Even if he doesn't turn out to be a great player.. he will provide more safety depth along with Burnett. Hopefully that would mean Martin and Bush would never see the field again :P

DITTO............Let's start getting on the wagon !!!!!!!!!!!

Packer Person and all

pbmax
04-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Rodgers had a bout with "happy feet" at the beginning of last season. Why? Because he never knew when Colledge (et al) were going to get stoned. He never knew where the hit was coming from.
Colledge has enough challenges that we don't need to invent them. Rodgers went from tremendous footwork in the pre-season to happy feet after his RT got torched for 12 sacks or so in the first three games. Colledge fell down after he was moved to tackle in the Vikings game.

RashanGary
04-24-2010, 02:13 PM
My favorite player so far, for where they were taken, is this James Starks. He looks really interesting. I'd pick the TE, but he's got the character concerns.

My least favorite player is Newhouse. I don't like a workout warrior who's tape doesn't measure up to his ability.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2010, 02:14 PM
The Starks kid passes the eyeball test. He's big, pretty fast, and can catch the ball. Watching game and combine highlights, it looks like he has excellent acceleration off one cut.

steve823
04-24-2010, 02:14 PM

Myron Roell

DITTO............Let's start getting on the wagon !!!!!!!!!!!

Packer Person and all

Agreed. Also, Donovan Warren is a great prospect at corner and I'm not sure why he wasn't chosen..maybe a slow 40? Anyways we've had good luck with corners from Michigan :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K73Uu3L-jCw

Fritz
04-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Do you all notice that one of the common threads with most of TT's picks is that they test really well on particular drills? Seems like the cone drill is one. Maybe TT is a real big "tests well" guy with certain drills.

Also, my feeling - just that - is that Newhouse looks like one of those really solid picks. Like he could be a steady performer at guard in the NFL.

rbaloha1
04-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Look, I'm not a "stats guy". Never will be. And I believe in this case that the "stats" don't matter.

Colledge has all the talent in the world. He should be a pro bowl player by now. He isn't and never will be. His inconsistency is absolutely maddening.

You said "upper body" was his strength. I agree, it should be, but it isn't. His footwork can be precise one play and horrible the next. He should beat 95% of the folks he blocks in terms of upper body strength. He doesn't. He gets beat consistently there.

I hold Colledge responsible for that. This OL has always been inconsistent. Colledge is the poster boy for that. He needs to go, and Spitz needs to follow him. Next season for sure, unless things change.

Daryn Colledge was next in sacks allowed with 7½, including four as a fill-in at left tackle.

retailguy
04-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Colledge has enough challenges that we don't need to invent them. Rodgers went from tremendous footwork in the pre-season to happy feet after his RT got torched for 12 sacks or so in the first three games. Colledge fell down after he was moved to tackle in the Vikings game.

I'm not inventing ANYTHING PB. Colledge has been around long enough he should be a leader on that OL. He's the main guy holding it back. Regardless of the good plays, regardless of the talent, HE is the guy holding it back.

Wells is marginally talented but overachieves, Sitton is budding star, Tauscher, even on one leg is the model of consistency, Clifton is a tough old guy who gives it all on every play. barbre wasn't ready last year, and the disaster sapped his confidence and he may never recover. Lang has incredible potential, and I think he could be the future at RT. Colledge? He's a slacker. He's holding these guys down.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Sorry if this was posted already. Sounds like a good kid, fits the one cut zone scheme, good size and speed, can catch. Not strong enough tobe a good pass protector at this point. Sounds like his shoulder is fine. He was working to get back in time for a bowl game, but Buffalo didn't qualify for one.

Inside: Tall, lanky runner who looks like a former quarterback - but doesn't run like one. Shifty runner with good vision through traffic. Lowers his pads to power through defenders when he smells the first down or goal line. Usually falls forward for the extra yard. Will stutter-step to avoid initial tackler in the hole. Secure with the ball inside.

Outside: Perfect for offense using zone or stretch plays. Lets blocks develop and picks out holes or cut-back lanes to explode through. Long strider who lacks lateral quickness, but will explode vertically once in the open field. Carries the ball in his right hand and doesn't switch when running left. Adequate at getting the corner within the offense, but doesn't change directions fast enough to reverse a play on his own.

Breaking tackles: Will go through arm tackles and runs with some lean, but has troubles keeping his feet (looks a bit out of control at times). Keeps feet moving after first contact at the second level, but struggles to push the pile in the middle. Must show his shoulder injury has not lessened his effectiveness as a power runner.

Blocking: Not very physical. Liability as a pass protector, although it's not for a lack of effort. Likes to hit defenders but is just not strong enough to anchor or sustain against them. Hesitates to pick up linebackers on plays where the pocket is moving. Doesn't pick up defenders to aid teammates on the second level.

Receiving: Well-practiced receiver who physically looks the part. Used on swing passes, circle routes and in the slot from motion. Snatches the ball with his hands, adjusting to low and high throws. Will hold the ball loosely when trying to make a move in the open field. Some elusiveness after the catch, but is better running north-south than east-west. May be tried as a kickoff returner at the next level.

Intangibles: No major character issues. Soft-spoken young man who is well-liked by coaches, teachers and teammates. Gives more credit to his linemen than himself. Successful rehab of knee and shoulder injuries will gives scouts reason to like his work ethic.

rbaloha1
04-24-2010, 02:21 PM

Understand why he was drafted at this position. Runs upright and lacks that extra gear.

At this point like Wynn better.

RashanGary
04-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I've heard the argument against Colledge and I partially agree but I also think he's a serviceable starter.

I like him because he's one of our better run blocking lineman. I don't like him because of his lapses. Sitton just doesn't have them. Tauscher got beat when he came back from the knee, but he didn't just miss his guy.

Colledge is the worst guy in that group, but because we need Lang and Bulaga to back up the tackles, I'd rather see Colledge have one more year while we develop a replacement. He's good enough, especially if he doesn't have to bounce around.

steve823
04-24-2010, 02:23 PM
There goes Myron Rolle to the Titans :(

Hopefully we ca still get Syd'quan Thompson or Donovan Warren.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Maybe this is why we didn't draft a CB/KR - Will Blackmon has tweeted.

RT @Stone007: RT @will_blackmon: Just ran 8x100's. I feel good, I look good, I smell good... "Triumphant ree-turn" <-- whatchu clockin?> 9.56 lol

He's pretty funny too -

@will_blackmon I honestly don't care who we draft. As long as they jump on the bus for this superbowl run and don't f*ck our sh*t up!

mission
04-24-2010, 02:24 PM

Understand why he was drafted at this position. Runs upright and lacks that extra gear.

why because he runs less upright and lacks that extra gear?

this guy is 6'2"... of course he looks that part.

wynn can't catch a cold either... we are a passing team, we need some options out of the back field.

retailguy
04-24-2010, 02:26 PM
I've heard the argument against Colledge and I partially agree but I also think he's a serviceable starter.

I like him because he's one of our better run blocking lineman. I don't like him because of his lapses. Sitton just doesn't have them. Tauscher got beat when he came back from the knee, but he didn't just miss his guy.

Colledge is the worst guy in that group, but because we need Lang and Bulaga to back up the tackles, I'd rather see Colledge have one more year while we develop a replacement. He's good enough, especially if he doesn't have to bounce around.

Sincerely. I hear you. I guess for me, you say this is a "super bowl ready" team. If that's true, the weak link in the chain is what will keep us from achieving that.

Colledge is that weak link. Our slow start was a big factor in the season last year. We cannot afford another slow start, but the odds of that increase with Colledge back there again. the 2010 Packers go as far as the OL goes. Biggest problem with this team. Depth is tough at OL & CB. It's got to be tough somewhere.

rbaloha1
04-24-2010, 02:28 PM

why because he runs less upright and lacks that extra gear?

this guy is 6'2"... of course he looks that part.

wynn can't catch a cold either... we are a passing team, we need some options out of the back field.

Wynn needs to stay healthy. Its going to be an interesting battle especially if Lumpkin is still around.

Maybe Starks is a slot receiver. At his press conference he stated running the same routes as receivers.

vince
04-24-2010, 02:29 PM

Wynn doesn't even have a number anymore. Burnett took it.

rbaloha1
04-24-2010, 02:30 PM

Ladies and Gents the new Darren Sharper...

mission
04-24-2010, 02:30 PM

:cow:

Tarlam!
04-24-2010, 02:31 PM

You think he's a jerk.

All right.

One comment about the unfairness of needing to be an RFA for two more years when absent a change of the CBA, he would have been a UFA. This isn't a Walker temper tantrum.

I'm not sure if you read it, but I clearly stated I was a big fan of the guy until this offseason. Frankly, I can be a fan of whomever I wish to be and I can take that fanhood back as I choose to.

Collins was in a similar position and signed his tender in good faith. Grant made it very clear that his hold out was very unfortunate due his career status and most understood it. Colledge thinks he's worth pro bowl money. Sorry, I don't see it.

pbmax
04-24-2010, 02:37 PM

I'm not inventing ANYTHING PB. Colledge has been around long enough he should be a leader on that OL. He's the main guy holding it back. Regardless of the good plays, regardless of the talent, HE is the guy holding it back.

Wells is marginally talented but overachieves, Sitton is budding star, Tauscher, even on one leg is the model of consistency, Clifton is a tough old guy who gives it all on every play. barbre wasn't ready last year, and the disaster sapped his confidence and he may never recover. Lang has incredible potential, and I think he could be the future at RT. Colledge? He's a slacker. He's holding these guys down.
Disagree. The Tackle were the weakest links in each of the last two years. Then you get to either Colledge or Wells/Spitz at center.

vince
04-24-2010, 02:39 PM
This is a pass-first offense and Colledge is a below-average pass protector. It only takes one weakness to get a quarterback sacked and/or force a team to max-protect. What's worse, he's been at his worst late in close games which magnifies his issues. I don't know if Lang or Newhouse or Spitz will beat him out, but I'm pulling for it because Colledge has demonstrated (imo) that his position needs to be more consistent.

steve823
04-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Anyone still following the draft? Is so, who do you want the Pack to grab?

I'm hoping they grab Donovan Warren or Syd'quan Thompson.

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 02:50 PM

I'd be game with either.....still watching but it's too late in the dart board to get too hopeful :lol:

pittstang5
04-24-2010, 02:51 PM

Not sure...some in hear are still arguing over Colledge..Stay or send him packing.

swede

I'm still watching but I can longer put myself out there emotionally to guess what Teddy will do.

vince
Disagree. The Tackle were the weakest links in each of the last two years. Then you get to either Colledge or Wells/Spitz at center.
When you put names on those weakest links at tackle, it was Colledge that was as big of a sieve as Barbre was on the other side - maybe even bigger without looking up the stats. You can say that's because he wasn't used to playing the position, but he was pretty inconsistent in protection at guard too. Colledge getting beat out most likely means improvement at that position.

pbmax

You think he's a jerk.

All right.

I'm not sure if you read it, but I clearly stated I was a big fan of the guy until this offseason. Frankly, I can be a fan of whomever I wish to be and I can take that fanhood back as I choose to.

Collins was in a similar position and signed his tender in good faith. Grant made it very clear that his hold out was very unfortunate due his career status and most understood it. Colledge thinks he's worth pro bowl money. Sorry, I don't see it.
Tar, you can be a fan (or not be a fan) of whomever you wish. I will not argue with anyone about that. But as for the REASONS to be a fan, then lets try to be consistent with those.

Collins signed his tender early this year because his long term contract was less than two weeks away. The year prior, he took longer than Colledge has to sign the tender. His situation LAST year was closer to Colledge this year. In those two situations, neither had leverage.

Colledge has not stated he desire to be paid like a Pro Bowler. He has stated he would prefer a multi-year contract to the tender, which is true of every player.

The only difference between Grant and Colledge is that Grant DID hold out. He had no right to go anywhere else. Colledge could have received an offer from another team. Colledge hasn't held out of anything yet.

The only comment from Colledge that seems to be objected to, we have no primary source on. Bedard knows someone who heard the radio show. But no tape or transcript are available. And Colledge denies the message was as Bedard portrayed it.

wist43
04-24-2010, 02:52 PM

I'm still watching but I can longer put myself out there emotionally to guess what Teddy will do.

I can :D

We need another TE :D

pbmax
04-24-2010, 02:53 PM
ANY PLAYER getting beat out most likely means improvement at that position.
I think that is a tautology you have constructed vince.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 02:53 PM

Wire to wire!!

Watching Waddle rip into the Bears!!!

Got a George Selvie and Jevan Snead out there.

vince
04-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Sorry. Pack picks at 230. 9 picks to wait. I'm with Bretsky hoping for a QB at this point. Since I know I'll be wrong, maybe it'll be someone who can make the team.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 02:55 PM

Not sure...some in hear are still arguing over Colledge..Stay or send him packing.

Throw em all in a pit fight it out and let the best 5 play.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2010, 02:55 PM
After the safe pick, Bulaga, in the first round, this draft was all about getting all around athletes with upside. Bretsky should be thrilled with this draft.

DE Michael Neal - Strongest DE in the draft and a good all around athlete.

S Morgan Burnett - Good size/speed combination (6 1/2, 208 lbs, 4.51 40)

"Ran the 40 in 4.51. Vertical jump 39 1/2. Bench-pressed 225 pounds 16 times."

TE Andrew Quarless - Fast and relatively strong also

"He displayed his enviable athletic ability at the combine, running a 4.69 40-yard dash and tying for fifth among tight ends in the bench press."

OG Marshall Newhouse - Tested well at the combine

"Newhouse turned heads at the scouting combine, running the 40 in 5.00 seconds despite his thick build, ranking third among all offensive linemen. Also one of the top performers in the 3-cone drill and the 20-yard shuttle, Newhouse can be a very athletic guard at the next level."

RB James Starks - very good all around athlete, size and speed

"One of three runners to place in the top 10 at combine in 40, vertical, broad, three-cone drill and 20-yard shuttle. (Ben Tate, Montarrio Hardesty)"

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Giants select Matt Dodge

Still pissed off at my buddy Bill

vince
04-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Not necessarily true when it comes to the veteran tackle spots for example. Someone beating them out most likely means decline or injury. Different situation with Colledge.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Just realized that Newhouse is the nephew of one of my favorite non-Packer players, Robert Newhouse. I liked Newhouse--despite the fact he played for the Cowboys.

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Ok good to see many people are still watching :D .

The Packers are high on Underwood though and they think Underwood is a better prospect than any of the corners in the draft today so I wouldn't be surprised to see them not go CB.

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Also, out of all places to go for my buddy AOA, he had to go to the Cowboys !

:roll: Now I have to hate him.

pbmax
Just realized that Newhouse is the nephew of one of my favorite non-Packer players, Robert Newhouse. I liked Newhouse--despite the fact he played for the Cowboys.
Newhouse called himself a "cousin" if the JSO transcript is to be believed.

pittstang5
Been hoping for an OLB since Yesterday. Still two that I like Available, but I know Ted won't take either one.

pbmax
04-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Not necessarily true when it comes to the veteran tackle spots for example. Someone beating them out most likely means decline or injury. Different situation with Colledge.
But beat out implies played better than, not, "replaced due to injury", doesn't it?

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:03 PM
There goes Syd'quan Thompson to the Broncos

pittstang5
04-24-2010, 03:05 PM
It'll be interesting to see who the Packers pick up as undrafted rookies.

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:07 PM

When can teams start signing undrafted rookies ? Right after the draft ends ?

vince
04-24-2010, 03:07 PM
But beat out implies played better than, not, "replaced due to injury", doesn't it?
Sure. It's semantics, but my point is the replacement of a guy like Clifton may or may not be an improvement at the position from the "normal" play of the incumbent. The guy who replaces College - if it's this year - will likely perform better - since Colledge is early in his prime years.

pittstang5
04-24-2010, 03:09 PM

Yep...Teams are probably working the phones right now.

pbmax
04-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Sure. It's semantics, but my point is the replacement of a guy like Clifton may or may not be an improvement at the position from the "normal" play of the incumbent. The guy who replaces College - if it's this year - will likely perform better - since Colledge is early in his prime years.
I see your point, but Colledge himself simply needs to revert to 2008 form and then the position isn't the top concern on the O Line.

swede
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Legarrette Blount?

I thought the dude he hit had it coming.

Bretsky
After the safe pick, Bulaga, in the first round, this draft was all about getting all around athletes with upside. Bretsky should be thrilled with this draft.

DE Michael Neal - Strongest DE in the draft and a good all around athlete.

S Morgan Burnett - Good size/speed combination (6 1/2, 208 lbs, 4.51 40)

"Ran the 40 in 4.51. Vertical jump 39 1/2. Bench-pressed 225 pounds 16 times."

TE Andrew Quarless - Fast and relatively strong also

"He displayed his enviable athletic ability at the combine, running a 4.69 40-yard dash and tying for fifth among tight ends in the bench press."

OG Marshall Newhouse - Tested well at the combine

"Newhouse turned heads at the scouting combine, running the 40 in 5.00 seconds despite his thick build, ranking third among all offensive linemen. Also one of the top performers in the 3-cone drill and the 20-yard shuttle, Newhouse can be a very athletic guard at the next level."

RB James Starks - very good all around athlete, size and speed

"One of three runners to place in the top 10 at combine in 40, vertical, broad, three-cone drill and 20-yard shuttle. (Ben Tate, Montarrio Hardesty)"

Bretsky is alright with this draft.
Bretsky does like upside so that is a huge plus because our draft has that

Bretsky had several things on his draft wishlist

1. Dominant Pass rusher was my number one hope
2. Players with potential to replace who I think our the weakest starters, Bigby and Jones
3. OL Depth
4. Boom like players
5. Special Teams Demon/Punter

Overall I'm content.

1. NO, Not sure we did this; I thought we'd take care of 1 and 2.. Jones with a high pick

2. 1/2 YES, We did get a player to compete with Bigby to take care of part of #2

3. YES, got some nice OL depth

4. YES, got some players with a ton of upside...man if the TE develops we're lights out scary

5. NO...Dam Bill took my Zoltan. Doesn't look like we got a return ace.

Buluga there was too good to pass up although Jerry Hughes was still my guy.

I hope I'm wrong but I haven't embraced the #2 pick. The top tier guys fell shortly before us...would have LOVED to see a tradedown there.

Love Burnett

Fine with the rest

OS PA
Packers are on the clock!!!!!

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Been hoping for an OLB since Yesterday. Still two that I like Available, but I know Ted won't take either one.

Who are they ?

swede
04-24-2010, 03:14 PM
So the Packers pick is...DE CJ Wilson

pittstang5
04-24-2010, 03:15 PM

Who are they ?

Lindsey Witten

Brandon Lang

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:15 PM
CJ Wilson

Strengths
Wilson is a productive, versatile defender who has lined up at different spots along the line. He is an instinctive player who has shown good edge quickness and speed when rushing the passer. Possesses natural range in pursuit. Displays impressive hand-use toughness. Is highly competitive with a good motor.

Weaknesses
Wilson only exhibits average lateral agility and doesn't appear comfortable playing in space. Needs to become more consistent with his pad level. At this time, he only possesses a limited pass-rush package. Needs to improve his counter rush moves.

packers11
04-24-2010, 03:16 PM
finally a OLB!!! Hopefully he's Brad Jones part II ... 7th round gem

Lurker64
04-24-2010, 03:16 PM
There's our OLB project, underline project.

swede
04-24-2010, 03:17 PM
CJ Wilson

Strengths
Wilson is a productive, versatile defender who has lined up at different spots along the line. He is an instinctive player who has shown good edge quickness and speed when rushing the passer. Possesses natural range in pursuit. Displays impressive hand-use toughness. Is highly competitive with a good motor.

Weaknesses
Wilson only exhibits average lateral agility and doesn't appear comfortable playing in space. Needs to become more consistent with his pad level. At this time, he only possesses a limited pass-rush package. Needs to improve his counter rush moves.

Good work.

All I came up with was some pitcher. (Who apparently is a douche because he refused a shrimp cocktail from an adoring fan)

mission
04-24-2010, 03:17 PM
nice i like the pick!

projected as a 2nd/3rd back in january by this "source"
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2186

pittstang5
04-24-2010, 03:18 PM

at 6' 3" 290 lbs...OLB?? I think DE.

steve823
You sure he's an OLB project..he's 290 pounds. Seems to me like another DL depth.

pbmax
He's 290 pounds.

swede
what is his height /weight?

packers11
04-24-2010, 03:19 PM
He's 290 pounds.

haha shit. I just read that part... :oops:

swede
Yep PBMax, that's no OLB

RashanGary
haha. . .

Ted just can't help himself :) :)

Good bye Harrell

Lurker64

With only 32.59" arms? I never!

Packgator
04-24-2010, 03:20 PM
He's 290 pounds.

Another guy who played in the Senior Bowl.

packers11
04-24-2010, 03:20 PM
He's 290 pounds.

haha shit. I just read that part... :oops:

Harrell should be working his ass off right now... Competition will be fierce on both lines this year (DL/OL)

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/c.j.-wilson?id=496875

Look at his face...that's a D Lineman :lol:

But a great job by TT to make sure this Dline continues to stay dominant if Jolly and/or Jenkins go

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Maybe he is a project OLB ?

Wilson has been a durable active defender for the Pirates over the past two seasons. He has good edge quickness and speed to close to the quarterback as a pass rusher. He is an instinctive player who feels pad pressure well to maintain his gap responsibility. Questions remain about his ability to be an effective coverage defender on zone blitzes or if he can project to outside linebacker due to his lack of great lateral agility and quickness. Wilson should be able to give a team good depth with his natural strength, toughness and intangibles as a 4-3 defensive end.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:24 PM

With only 32.59" arms? I never!

Controversy here!!!

NFL.com has his arm length at 33 1/8 in.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 03:28 PM
TT presser going on right now

mission
04-24-2010, 03:29 PM
maybe he can be like a lavon kirkland type 8-)

Tarlam!
04-24-2010, 03:30 PM
tautology

You always do this to me. Your vocabulary and command of English is, well, astonishing. Keep it coming, PB, through you, I'm gaining higher education.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:33 PM
tautology

You always do this to me. Your vocabulary and command of English is, well, astonishing. Keep it coming, PB, through you, I'm gaining higher education.

pbmax is too smart to draft. :)

wist43
04-24-2010, 03:34 PM
maybe he can be like a lavon kirkland type 8-)

No such thing as a "Levon Kirkland type"... there has only been one guy his size to start at LB and excel.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:38 PM
TT in presser is hinting very strongly that something is in the works for OLB "to add competition on that left side." :) :)

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:40 PM
TT in presser is hinting very strongly that something is in the works for OLB "to add competition on that left side." :) :)

Obiozer? ..or maybe an undrafed rookie? Where's the video..on packers.com?

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:42 PM

Obiozer? ..or maybe an undrafed rookie? Where's the video..on packers.com?

Look for video link on first page.

Lurker64
04-24-2010, 03:42 PM

The Jets have been actively shopping veteran OLB Bryan Thomas for a while, so they can get something for him without cutting him. He'd be serviceable.

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 03:44 PM

Get er done TT

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:45 PM
TT didn't give any specifics at all...just smiled when asked.

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:45 PM

The Jets have been actively shopping veteran OLB Bryan Thomas for a while, so they can get something for him without cutting him. He'd be serviceable.

He can't be that good if they're trying to cut him. He did only get 2 sacks last year.

wist43
04-24-2010, 03:46 PM

Do you have link to press conference??

I tried to find one last night... could only get it after it was over.

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:46 PM

Here's the archive.

http://www.packers.com/draft/2010/av/archive.phtml

Bretsky
04-24-2010, 03:47 PM
TT didn't give any specifics at all...just smiled when asked.

Tough to get a pass rushing threat via a trade

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:47 PM
A couple of other interesting tidbits from TT's presser...

1. He said he really likes DLinemen. Duh. He said you never can have too many good ones.

2. He said he has a pretty strict height limit on drafting CB's. We pretty much knew that too.

Lurker64
04-24-2010, 03:48 PM

He can't be that good if they're trying to cut him. He did only get 2 sacks last year.

He can play better than a UDFA or a sixth round pick. Is he elite? No. But he's good enough to see play in rotation with the other guys we've got there starting game 1, which is not something I could say for any of the late round OLBs.

Maxie the Taxi

It's over now. Usually the screen pops up when you click on "Live Feed"

pbmax
tautology

You always do this to me. Your vocabulary and command of English is, well, astonishing. Keep it coming, PB, through you, I'm gaining higher education.\
It is a great word Tar (and great concept) but vince tells me I misunderstood him. I was close!

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 03:49 PM

Are they counting on a veteran getting cut from another team? I thought the same thing, we get that out of Jones right now.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Oops. McStubby is talking now. (Hasn't mentioned pad level yet.) He said all the guys they drafted were the highest on their board.

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:50 PM
According to McCarthy, who got fatter, every player we chose was on the top of their board and they are very happy with all the selections.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Oops. McStubby is talking now. (Hasn't mentioned pad level yet.) He said all the guys they drafted were the highest on their board.

I was just going to ask what the over/under on hearing that would be! You can finally hear the questions being asked.

pbmax
04-24-2010, 03:51 PM
tautology

pbmax is too smart to draft. :)
At least that is what I tell myself before I cry myself to sleep after the draft. :lol:

What I would love for fans to have access to are game tapes. Then someone smart could devote a website to actually grading players like they can attempt to grade college players. Someday, someone at the NFL will decide the money to be made from making this available is worth the price of coaches screaming about making their life a living hell.

wist43
04-24-2010, 03:52 PM

Here's the archive.

http://www.packers.com/draft/2010/av/archive.phtml

Thanks

pbmax
04-24-2010, 03:53 PM
A couple of other interesting tidbits from TT's presser...

1. He said he really likes DLinemen. Duh. He said you never can have too many good ones.

2. He said he has a pretty strict height limit on drafting CB's. We pretty much knew that too.
The Ahmad Carroll/Terrell Buckley shockwave had far reaching implications. Almost affected the Packer franchise as much as Favre did/does.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Maxi - Patriots are about to start cleaning up here in 7! ':D'

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:54 PM
McStubby likes our young CB's currently on roster.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Maxi - Patriots are about to start cleaning up here in 7! ':D'

I was hoping they'd corner the entire 7th round. :)

wist43
04-24-2010, 03:55 PM

They must think Lee isn't a bust... but, if he's not, he sure is doing a good imitation of a bust :D

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Bulaga will strictly stay on left tackle and back up clifton and lang will back up right according to McCarthy.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:56 PM
McStubby just said Bulaga is a LEFT tackle.

steve823
04-24-2010, 03:57 PM

They must think Lee isn't a bust... but, if he's not, he sure is doing a good imitation of a bust :D

They are very high on Underwood. They think that he is a better prospect then anyone drafted today.

Maxie the Taxi
Bulaga will strictly stay on left tackle and back up clifton and lang will back up right according to McCarthy.

man, you either have a faster computer or can type fast.

On second thought, it's probably my half-heimer's holding me back. :)

RashanGary
McCarthy said Bulaga is strictly a LT and Lang is going to be a RT.

Exactly what I said I wanted. With the age of our tackles, it's important that we groom (right now) their replacements. We can't wait till they go down and throw a guy in there from another position.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 03:59 PM
NE might just use all it's 7's on SEC players.

pbmax
04-24-2010, 04:00 PM
McCarthy said Bulaga is strictly a LT and Lang is going to be a RT.

Exactly what I said I wanted. With the age of our tackles, it's important that we groom (right now) their replacements. Not wait till they go down and throw a guy in there from another position.
Good news on Lang. I know that leave a big ? at LG, but we need him over there. And in places you don't talk about at parties, we want him over there.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:00 PM
I think he just said Colledge is a guard...period.

steve823
04-24-2010, 04:02 PM
He seemed to get excited when the guy asked about a 4th quarterback :lol:
He raised his voice and seemed anxious to get another qb

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Patriots last pick was Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:04 PM
He seemed to get excited when the guy asked about a 4th quarterback :lol:
He raised his voice and seemed anxious to get another qb

Either that or he had his secretary hiding beneath the lecturn.

Tarlam!
04-24-2010, 04:06 PM
I know we have an Aussie Punter on the roster and I should be pulling for him, but I'm still ticked that the Pats took our guy.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 04:06 PM

Who's left for that position now? Snead?

steve823
04-24-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm shocked Legarret Blount and Donovan Warren were both undrafted. I hope we can sign them as undrafted rookies.

wist43
04-24-2010, 04:09 PM

They are very high on Underwood. They think that he is a better prospect then anyone drafted today.

I'm high on Underwood... I like his potential; but, assuming Harris is a shell of his former self, Lee is a bust, and Williams is a career long 3rd corner - there be trouble on the horizon.

Not to mention in the rear view mirror... even though I blame the playoff loss on Capers, a debacle like that is a team effort - wow, were they bad in that game. I'm hopeful Burnett can step in and be a starter, but other than him, TT did nothing to improve the GBP defense in 2010.

Forget rankings, our defense was overrated last year, and given Capers' penchant for implementing Pop Warner level game plans against top QB's, the only solution to that puzzle has to be considerably more talent - which TT did virtually nothing to address.

Hopefully we'll be hell on wheels by 2014 :D

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:09 PM

Who's left for that position now? Snead?

Yeah, and Jarrett Brown from W. Virginia who is actually Graded above Snead.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Mr. Irrelevant????

steve823
04-24-2010, 04:13 PM

I'm high on Underwood... I like his potential; but, assuming Harris is a shell of his former self, Lee is a bust, and Williams is a career long 3rd corner - there be trouble on the horizon.

Not to mention in the rear view mirror... even though I blame the playoff loss on Capers, a debacle like that is a team effort - wow, were they bad in that game. I'm hopeful Burnett can step in and be a starter, but other than him, TT did nothing to improve the GBP defense in 2010.

Forget rankings, our defense was overrated last year, and given Capers' penchant for implementing Pop Warner level game plans against top QB's, the only solution to that puzzle has to be considerably more talent - which TT did virtually nothing to address.

Hopefully we'll be hell on wheels by 2014 :D

Well I think Neal will be good to add into our rotation and he can possibly be used on rushing situations along with Raji.

As far as Burnett goes, he will be solid and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat out Bigby for SS this year.

For CB's, TT and MM must see things we don't. They are confident in the young players we have now and the only reason we were bad there last year was because of injuries.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I disagree, Wist. Though skepticism never hurts.

I think Capers got some tools to help him. Obviously, an inside rush to complement Clay's outside rush was a priority and they got some help.

I think sometimes the easiest way to shore up a pass defense is to shore up the DLine. That TT did.

And don't forget Burnett. If he's as good as mission says he is (and can blitz), we upgraded our defense quite a bit.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Mr. Irrelevant????

Tim Toone, a WR from Weber State.

(Sounds like a practical joke to me, but I swear to God that's on NFL.com)

steve823
04-24-2010, 04:15 PM
I disagree, Wist. Though skepticism never hurts.

I think Capers got some tools to help him. Obviously, an inside rush to complement Clay's outside rush was a priority and they got some help.

I think sometimes the easiest way to shore up a pass defense is to shore up the DLine. That TT did.

And don't forget Burnett. If he's as good as mission says he is (and can blitz), we upgraded our defense quite a bit.

Agreed. And in the press TT did say that OLB's aren't the only ones who bring pressure in our defense. That's why he was very high on D lineman.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Maybe he's the son of the Toone that played for the Badgers.

steve823
04-24-2010, 04:17 PM
So how does this undrafted rookie signing work? On a first call - first sign basis? And will we have a list within a few hours since people will be competing to get the best players ?

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Mr. Irrelevant????

Tim Toone, a WR from Weber State.

(Sounds like a practical joke to me, but I swear to God that's on NFL.com)

Song and dance man, Timmy Tooone!!!

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 04:18 PM
So how does this undrafted rookie signing work? On a first call - first sign basis? And will we have a list within a few hours since people will be competing to get the best players ?

Hopefully we've been at it for at least an hour and a half.

Players have a little more leverage here, they can steer themselves to a situation that they feel will give them the best chance.

CJ Wilson on now - TT said when he wrapped up that he could be the most excited person on the planet. Sounds like a good guy, he feels 100% sure he's better than a lot of guys picked ahead of him.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:18 PM
CJ Wilson now on Packers.com video conference.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:19 PM
He says he was expected to be taken in the 3rd or 4th round and he's very upset about it and sounds like he's on a mission to prove the rest of the NFL made a mistake by not drafting him.

steve823
04-24-2010, 04:21 PM

Hopefully we've been at it for at least an hour and a half.

Yea hope so. I have a list of players that I would really like to see us sign...of course that means TT will sign people we never heard of.

steve823
04-24-2010, 04:22 PM
He says he was expected to be taken in the 3rd or 4th round and he's very upset about it and sounds like he's on a mission to prove the rest of the NFL made a mistake by not drafting him.

:P Good. Imagine him playing mad...I wouldn't want to be on the field haha.

Man our D-line is going to be STACKED this year.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:23 PM
This CJ Wilson guy sounds like he's really got a hard-on to prove the other teams made a mistake by passing him by. His greatest asset, he claims, is his speed. He loves sacking QB's.

He used to play at 265 lbs. So he could possible switch to OLB. Says he'd be comfortable at either weight.

green_bowl_packer
04-24-2010, 04:24 PM
This CJ Wilson guy sounds like he's really got a hard-on to prove the other teams made a mistake by passing him by. His greatest asset, he claims, is his speed. He loves sacking QB's.

He used to play at 265 lbs. So he could possible switch to OLB. Says he'd be comfortable at either weight.

Yes, he's got a 1st round rap, for sure. Real personable.

Lurker64
04-24-2010, 04:24 PM

Teams have been calling guys ever since they were done picking, discussing contract terms with guys they had targeted as undrafted free agents. Any player who was eligible to be drafted but was not can sign with any team that offers him a contract. There's no time limit or anything, they're just free agents now like guys like Brian Westbrook or Terrell Owens are free agents.

steve823
04-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Teams have been calling guys ever since they were done picking, discussing contract terms with guys they had targeted as undrafted free agents. Any player who was eligible to be drafted but was not can sign with any team that offers him a contract. There's no time limit or anything, they're just free agents now like guys like Brian Westbrook or Terrell Owens are free agents.

Oh okay thanks. I hope we start signing some people soon then.