PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 01:20 AM
This thread needed to be started, and it needed starting early.

GO TT! GO PACK!! :cow:

It's Draft day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bump:

Gunakor
04-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Anxious are we?

Gonna be a rough day for me. Don't get home from work until 8am, Brewers game starts at 11:30am (ridiculous), take a quick power nap, wake up to watch the draft at 6:30pm, leave at 10:30 for another wonderful night at work. Crew better win, and Pack better get Pouncey, or the whole friggin day is a waste.

I'm sure if I get both of my wishes for the day I'll hardly even notice the lack of sleep.

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 02:11 AM
Pack better get Pouncey, or the whole friggin day is a waste.

:knll:

Lurker64
04-22-2010, 02:56 AM
I hope Rastak shows up for the Draft.

packrulz
04-22-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm rooting for a LT in the first round, I'd be ok with Charlie Brown, some experts think Lupati could learn LT given a couple years. They need to protect ARod better, if he gets hurt, the season's over. I don't want to trade up, in a deep draft like this it would make more sense to me to trade down. (Cheaper too).

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Vince posted a link on another thread to McGinn's article on who the TT might draft at 23.

The Packers, according to personnel men in the league, love Pouncey. Primarily a center, he would start at left guard for a year or two until Scott Wells' career begins to ebb.

This would be my dream come true!!!! Especially if we could get his brother in 2011!!!

ND72
04-22-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm personally pumped of course. This is my one favorite day of the NFL season, maybe more than opening day.

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm through speculating. Get on with it already. Draft Pouncey and be done with it.

Green Bud Packer
04-22-2010, 10:04 AM
One of my fav days of the year. Mcginn thinks it'll be Hughes if none of the ot slips.

Sparkey
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I am taking a wild stab, but my gut tells me Patrick Robinson, CB - Florida State. 5-11 1/4 is close enough to call it 6'

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2010/players/9267.html

Patrick Robinson
CB, Florida State

War Room analysis

Coverage skills: Is physical at the line of scrimmage, and is strong as a press corner. Delivers a strong jam, and rolls with the receiver. Shows the quickness to get in the receiver's hip pocket and run the route with him. Has good mirror ability and will keep the receiver in front of him out of his breaks. Will get high or lazy at times and can get stuck coming out of his break to close. Gives up easy catches at times. Grade: 8.0

Instincts: Is a smart player who learns from his mistakes. Holds the corner well against runs at him and will get involved in the action. Plays the boundary cornerback position with hips open most of game, but understands assignments well. Grade: 7.5

Closing speed: Has a different gear, but does not show it much because he's rarely tested. Gets lazy at times to almost dare quarterbacks to throw his way. Plays faster than listed 40 time would suggest. Plays with good alertness and can go from a smooth stride to full speed quickly. Grade: 8.5

Ball skills: Shows good hands, and makes a lot of plays on the ball, especially deep balls or jump balls. Has good awareness and does a solid job of anticipating throws. Shows good leaping ability, and attacks the ball at its highest point. Is good with the ball in his hands, and has the running ability to score. Grade: 8.0

Run support: Is quick to react to runs at him. Does not shy away from contact. Will play off the blocker and throw his shoulder into ballcarrier. Is aggressive as a blitzer and tackler. Plays with toughness, and looks to get involved on the tackle. Grade: 7.5

Bottom line: Robinson is a special cornerback who has outstanding speed and quickness. He plays competitively and does not back down from a challenge. He has stepped up at the Senior Bowl and really has shown the athleticism, explosiveness and play-making ability to be a very good starting cornerback in the NFL. Overall, Robinson has all the tools to be a mid-first-round pick, and if he continues to shine at the Combine, he could climb into the top 10.

SkinBasket
04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm sticking with my original projection, even though both player have seen their stock rise modestly since then. There's no way this can't happen in my highly informed opinion.

1st: Earl Thomas
2nd: Charles Brown

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
There's a pretty good chance that either Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes or Sergio Kindle will be available at #23. Maybe 2 or 3 of them. I think TT will be happy to take his pick. If they're all there, he may try to trade down a few spots, figuring he can still get one of them.

Fritz
04-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Nice article in the GBPG today on the possibilities: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100421/PKR01/304210168/1058/TCU-linebacker-Hughes-fits-GM-Thompson-s-mold

Hughes of course is mentioned prominently. Kindle kinda scares me and Graham will be gone. I'm not feeling the corner thing here, either.

swede
04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Nice article in the GBPG today on the possibilities: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100421/PKR01/304210168/1058/TCU-linebacker-Hughes-fits-GM-Thompson-s-mold

Hughes of course is mentioned prominently. Kindle kinda scares me and Graham will be gone. I'm not feeling the corner thing here, either.

Great article. It still stuns me that the Packers, by all evidence, gave some thought to moving up at a cost of a 2nd and 3rd.

I'd give my left nut to get Teddy another 2nd round pick in this draft.

CaptainKickass
04-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Will get high or lazy at times

I thought that getting high is what made you lazy?

:lol:

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
A couple of thoughts...

1. A lot of the Kindle health/character concerns have been reported by McGinn who has sources in Green Bay. It makes me think the Packers are leaking such info so Kindle slips to them at #23. (Just watch Kindle film and there is no doubt the kid as a motor and a love for the game.)

2. Some mock drafters have Pouncey going to Denver at #11. Could the rumors about TT trading up to #10 (with Jaguars) have anything to do with a serious TT interest in Pouncey? If the Jaguars could live with Tebow, why not trade off their #10?

mngolf19
04-22-2010, 12:49 PM
It's interesting that ESPN is reporting that Tebow and his agent already know the team that is going to draft him. Jags? Vikes?

mission
04-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Got a job offer today from my company's main competitor for almost double what I'm making now. Plus they have a Braves luxury box! Gonna take the job, so I decided to take the rest of the week off to follow the draft hard :lol: Hopefully my great day continues!

2. Some mock drafters have Pouncey going to Denver at #11. Could the rumors about TT trading up to #10 (with Jaguars) have anything to do with a serious TT interest in Pouncey? If the Jaguars could live with Tebow, why not trade off their #10?

Trade up to #10 for Pouncey? Come on Maxie!! Say it aint so!

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 12:53 PM
It's interesting that ESPN is reporting that Tebow and his agent already know the team that is going to draft him. Jags? Vikes?

That sounds like Jags. Vikes pick too late for it to be a sure thing.

vince
04-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Congrats on the new gig, Mish.

rbaloha1
04-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Pouncey is big and mobile. Adds more physicality to a young emerging o-line.

swede
04-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Fresh Out of College, Pouncey Bounces Colledge

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Got a job offer today from my company's main competitor for almost double what I'm making now. Plus they have a Braves luxury box! Gonna take the job, so I decided to take the rest of the week off to follow the draft hard :lol: Hopefully my great day continues!

Trade up to #10 for Pouncey? Come on Maxie!! Say it aint so!

It isn't so. It's all pure guesswork resulting from boredom before the real deal. Conspiracy theorists would point out that if TT does trade up to #10, he'll also trade down to get extra picks in the bottom rounds. Who knows?

Hey, add my congrats too on the new job. (Atlanta has one crazy dangerous freeway system, but I love the Braves and I'm addicted to those Varsity hot dogs, so I've got to chance it now and then. :) )

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2010, 01:26 PM
It should be interesting. We can go several different directions. Obviously, an OT of the future, starting OLB opposite Matthews, corner, perhaps safety appears to be the most likely direction. That just means Thompson will draft a 3-4 DE, so he can move Raji inside more often and have a replacement for Jenkins/Jolly, if they aren't here next year.

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
It should be interesting. We can go several different directions. Obviously, an OT of the future, starting OLB opposite Matthews, corner, perhaps safety appears to be the most likely direction. That just means Thompson will draft a 3-4 DE, so he can move Raji inside more often and have a replacement for Jenkins/Jolly, if they aren't here next year.

Frankly, you might be right. This is why I hesitated to remove Jason Pierre-Paul from my draft list. At any rate, I think Dom Capers, not TT, will pick for the defense and a big, strong DE is Dom's wet dream.

green_bowl_packer
04-22-2010, 01:34 PM
TT is in kind of a jam. Does he trade up, with the possibility of Clausen falling to #23 where he can sit tight at 23 and have someone trade back up to pick up Clausen before MN picks and grab some more picks in round 2 and 3 in a deep, deep draft or does he just go for it with a possible stud?

If TT trades up with say a CLE#7, JX#10, or DN#11, and whoever takes that #23 could spin that into a shitload of picks for themselves on top of what we gave them to move up. If your rebuilding in a deep draft, not a bad way to go.

RashanGary
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
I've been a fan of Tyson Alualu for some time. His production and measurables are off the charts. Great character guy. He's been considered a top 45 pick for some time, but it shocks me he's not ranked higher with his accomplishments and athletic ability being so high.

Scouts Inc finally had a draft with him going in the 1st round. If Ted wants to pull a "shocker" move, drafting Alualu would be it. I could see him going to Indy at 31 more likely though.

Hughes seems like the most likely pick to me. He's one of the best players that has a good chance of being around when we pick. Ryan Matthews too. But this late, it coudl be anyone who slips or anyone Ted loves. Impossible to predict.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM

Frankly, you might be right. This is why I hesitated to remove Jason Pierre-Paul from my draft list. At any rate, I think Dom Capers, not TT, will pick for the defense and a big, strong DE is Dom's wet dream.

Packers got pretty good production from Jenkins, who was undrafted, and Jolly, who was a 6th round pick. I think TT will feel he can strengthen DE in the middle rounds if he needs to. Don't forget, Packers have Jarius Wynn who I think they're pretty high on.

mission
04-22-2010, 02:19 PM
It isn't so. It's all pure guesswork resulting from boredom before the real deal. Conspiracy theorists would point out that if TT does trade up to #10, he'll also trade down to get extra picks in the bottom rounds. Who knows?

Hey, add my congrats too on the new job. (Atlanta has one crazy dangerous freeway system, but I love the Braves and I'm addicted to those Varsity hot dogs, so I've got to chance it now and then. :) )

Thanks Vince, Maxie... especially a blessing since Lil Mish is coming on June 1st. Great timing, it was getting kind of stressfull. But now I know a little how athlete FA's feel. It was a fun week of interviews and weighing offers and playing them a little off each other. (i work in sales and have a lot of existing business) :D Anyway, whatever, I always go OT... next time you're in town, let me know... slawdogs are my favorite at the varsity with a frozen orange drink, and you know I'm lovin me some Jason Heyward!

There are so many possibilities for the draft and it kind of feels like gameday. Check that, it's the same feeling I have. Excitement, Can't-waitism, some anxiety in the stomach a bit... haha.. We've been waiting for this for awhile fellas, I don't have an answer, I keep flip-flopping on who I like and who I like most. It's a daily thing at this point :lol:

Gettin together with some friends&fam at my inlaws... maybe get a holdem game going to pass the time. Should be fun!

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 02:30 PM
If Tebow drops to our 56 do we take him? Can never have too many decent QBs...develop him like we did with: Brooks, Hasselbeck, Brunell and Rubley :) hehe

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 02:34 PM

Packers got pretty good production from Jenkins, who was undrafted, and Jolly, who was a 6th round pick. I think TT will feel he can strengthen DE in the middle rounds if he needs to. Don't forget, Packers have Jarius Wynn who I think they're pretty high on.

Joe, I was thinking they need a Jason Taylor-type DE. Somebody 6'-6", 255 lbs. who is tall, yet strong and fast. Capers is got two out of the three key positions for his defense: he's solid at nose tackle, has promising OLB's but a real rangey and fast DE would really present problems for elite QB's like Favre.

Jason Pierre-Paul is super quick. Carlos Dunlap has the size and can bring it. Another sleeper with size but not the quickness is Clifton Geathers out of S. Carolina. Jermaine Cunningham out of Florida and Greg Hardy out of Ole Miss are other possibilities. They really get after the QB. Another sleeper is Austen Lane, a small school phenom who was born in Wisconsin.

retailguy
04-22-2010, 02:38 PM
If Tebow drops to our 56 do we take him? Can never have too many decent QBs...develop him like we did with: Brooks, Hasselbeck, Brunell and Rubley :) hehe

No. We have a development QB and have a shot at a deep playoff run. The last thing we need is Tim Tebow.

green_bowl_packer
04-22-2010, 02:41 PM

No. We have a development QB and have a shot at a deep playoff run. The last thing we need is Tim Tebow.

Rumor was that Tebow was going to go in the first round and that him and his agent knew who was going to take him. JAX/BUF/DEN???

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 02:43 PM
mission, those orange shakes are to die for. My inlaws live in Macon so one of these years I'll be by again.

ND72
04-22-2010, 02:47 PM

Rumor was that Tebow was going to go in the first round and that him and his agent knew who was going to take him. JAX/BUF/DEN???

I have been saying for about 2 weeks now (ask my wife, she has no idea what I say) that both Tebow and McCoy will be taken round 1. It will only take 1 team to trade up to take one of them to force someones hand to just go get the other.

I think this is a crazy fun draft. There about 7,000,000 different directions Teddy could go, and I'd be ok with them all. I look and see some people might want a QB at 23, do we get a future #1 or future #2 out of it? if so, I say pull the trigger. Get their #2 and #3 and a future #2 if you can, I'd love it. Of course that being said, I'll hate tonight if that happens. I love the draft, but HATE this set up. And if we trade out, the entire 4-5 hours I will be sitting there will be for nothing. Then I have to start all over again tomorrow. UGH! I love this!

K-town
04-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Scout's Final 7-round Mock Draft:

1st round: Charles Brown, OT, USC
2nd round: Jahvid Best, RB, Cal
3rd round: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana (Pa)
4th round: Jermainne Cunningham, LB, Fla
5th round: Matt Tenant, C, BC
5th round: Scott Long, WR, Louisville
6th round: Sergio Render, G, Va. Tech
7th round: Kyle McCarthy, S, Notre Dame

I would not be pleased with this draft.

mission
04-22-2010, 03:10 PM

im ok with the first two and love AOA in the 3rd

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 03:11 PM

but really what rookies actually help a deep playoff run?

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Cardinals interested in Big Ben? http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/63625/cardinals-might-be-interested-in-roethlisberger

Lurker64
04-22-2010, 04:16 PM

I like the first three picks, but everything after that is garbage.

mission
04-22-2010, 04:23 PM
vikes after haynesworth per pft ???

:cry:

maybe we just need to draft 7 OLs :cry: :cry:

Chubbyhubby
04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Anxious are we?

Gonna be a rough day for me. Don't get home from work until 8am, Brewers game starts at 11:30am (ridiculous), take a quick power nap, wake up to watch the draft at 6:30pm, leave at 10:30 for another wonderful night at work. Crew better win, and Pack better get Pouncey, or the whole friggin day is a waste.

I'm sure if I get both of my wishes for the day I'll hardly even notice the lack of sleep.

Brewers won 16-0!!!!

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 04:27 PM
My final Packer Mock Draft:

1. Jerry Hughes OLB TCU
2. Chris Cook CB Virginia
3. Reshad Jones S Georgia
4. Jason Fox OT Miami (FL)
5. Mike Neal DT Purdue
5. Dez Briscoe WR Kansas
6. Myron Rolle S Florida State
7. Ed Wang OT Virginia Tech

digitaldean
04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Haynesworth?

I would think they'd have to trade a #1 to get him, wouldn't they (even with his bloated contract)?

jmbarnes101
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Haynesworth?

I would think they'd have to trade a #1 to get him, wouldn't they (even with his bloated contract)?

Rumor is a 2nd or a 3rd round pick.

I can actually see the Vikings doing that which would be sickening.
Imagine a line of Allen, K. Williams, Haynesworth, and Edwards? Frightening!!!

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Fresh Out of College, Pouncey Bounces Colledge

Speaking of Colledge, has he signed his tender? If not, does that mean the Packers cannot trade him? Just thought they might be interested in moving him if they decide to take Pouncey or Iupati.

jmbarnes101
04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Personally, I'm starting to come around on Iupati but I hope we don't draft Charles Brown.

Any chance we could trade down a bit and get Iupati or Pouncey and Saffold?

As for thoughts on trading up in the draft, remember that TT says that he talks trades all the time. It doesn't mean they're going to make one but that they're always willing to explore.

RashanGary
04-22-2010, 04:46 PM
This is so exciting. I feel like Big Ben before going out on a prowl.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Some talk the Browns are interested in trading up into the #1 spot. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/22060/holmgren-plans-one-last-push-for-bradford

Fritz
04-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Pouncey, Hughes...okay by me.

Easy guess as to which big name falls furthest: Dez Bryant.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Not so sure Dez will fall real far. He is the most talented WR in the draft. Crabtree had some bad press last year and still went fairly early. I think Bruce Campbell could fall out of the 1st round.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Hey guys, hope all is well here in Packerrat land.

Not as fired up as in most years but I do like the new format.

Looking for the following from Minnesota (more of a wish list)

Tebow
Pouncey
Clausen
McCoy

You see a pattern here!

Pike or Skelton if they need to drop back a bit.

Haynsworth rumor is interesting. If they could get him for a 2nd then move up as needed for Pike or Skelton that would work for me.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Surprised you're not looking DB with the injuries last year to Winfield and Griffin.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Surprised you're not looking DB with the injuries last year to Winfield and Griffin.

Lito & Benny Sapp might be able to hold down the fort. Asher Allen was a little bit up and down so I'm not sure I'd count on him.

It's a deep draft for CB....maybe 3rd round.

He does have the rookie thing behind him.

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Glad to see you, Ras!!

Rastak
04-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Glad to see you, Ras!!

Ain't it past your bedtime? (Nice to see you too!)

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah...I should go to bed - in about 5 hours!

Anybody got a stream?

pack4to84
04-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Packers live cam in war room. Go's live 6:30.
http://www.packers.com/draft/2010/av/

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 05:38 PM
What time is it there now??

Rastak
04-22-2010, 05:40 PM
What time is it there now??

5:40 CDT

50 minutes until it all starts.

Freak Out
04-22-2010, 05:45 PM
What the....? The draft is today?

:lol:

swede
04-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Anybody got a stream?

My prostate is doing much better. Thanks for asking.

jmbarnes101
04-22-2010, 05:58 PM
A lot of people around here are glad to see you Ras, welcome back.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:00 PM
A lot of people around here are glad to see you Ras, welcome back.

Thank You!

red
holmgren just said he's willing to give up everything in this draft and maybe some of next years to move up to #1 to take bradford

good to see you ras

you guys drafting tebow would scare the hell out of me

Maxie the Taxi

Tebow

Hey, Rastak, nice to see you. Interested in Tebow, huh? I didn't think Minnie needed a FB. :)

Joemailman
holmgren just said he's willing to give up everything in this draft and maybe some of next years to move up to #1 to take bradford

Who does he think he is? Mike Ditka?

Brando19
04-22-2010, 06:01 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/report-haynesworth-will-not-be-a-viking/

Guess Hayneworth to Vikes reports may be false...good!

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Tebow

Hey, Rastak, nice to see you. Interested in Tebow, huh? I didn't think Minnie needed a FB. :)

:)

Oh is that what he's had so much success at?

DannoMac21
04-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Jimmy Claussen's the luckiest man for having Erin Andrews in his house all night.

red
04-22-2010, 06:04 PM

Tebow

the guy needs to learn how to be a real qb. if he ever does learn how, he's going to be very scary

guys a born winner and leader

red
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Jimmy Claussen's the luckiest man for having Erin Andrews in his house all night.

he should whip his dick out and walk around

i hear that works

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:09 PM

Tebow

the guy needs to learn how to be a real qb. if he ever does learn how, he's going to be very scary

With his work ethic I'm guessing at some point that will happen.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
If the Vikings don't take Tebow, I'm guessing the Colts will. Of course, Jax might beat them both to it.

red
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
holy cow, listen to this guys voice

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 06:13 PM

Tebow

With his work ethic I'm guessing at some point that will happen.

I've been watching him down here for years. Guy is a class act. He throws like Paul Hornung, only with accuracy.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
If the Vikings don't take Tebow, I'm guessing the Colts will. Of course, Jax might beat them both to it.

I bet he's gone by 30.

jmbarnes101
04-22-2010, 06:16 PM

I bet he's gone by 30.

I agree with you. He's got all the intangibles and will be a great leader. You can't grow that stuff on trees but you can coach him to throw differently.

red
04-22-2010, 06:16 PM

I bet he's gone by 30.

here's a thought i've had all day

raiders need a qb, and al loves his workout wonders

could al grab tebow all the way up at #8?

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:24 PM

I bet he's gone by 30.

I wouldn't have a problem with that except he could trade down and get him but Crazy Al might draft Heyward-Bey again......

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 06:26 PM

I bet he's gone by 30.

Scuttlebutt is that Al will draft the athletic freak of nature, Jason Pierre-Paul out of S. Florida.

red
04-22-2010, 06:26 PM
i can't believe everyone is starting to say trent williams is going to be the first OT of the board, not okung

OS PA
04-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Does the Walrus get his boy? Oooo this is too exciting. It feels like Christmas.

red
04-22-2010, 06:32 PM
and in keeping with tradition

i present everyone's favorite draft moments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 06:34 PM
So do you think the Rams paid that guy to wear their jersey?

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:35 PM

I bet he's gone by 30.

Scuttlebutt is that Al will draft the athletic freak of nature, Jason Pierre-Paul out of S. Florida.

He or Taylor Mays I guess.....

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Bradford it is.....

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Wow Drafted number one selection is Bradford and call that a BUST.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Lion's take Suh I guess.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Strengths:
Prototypical height with a frame that is still filling out --- Very intelligent with a good feel for the game --- Extremely accurate --- Outstanding touch, timing and anticipation --- Quick delivery --- Consistently throws a pretty spiral --- Decent athleticism --- Nice footwork and moves well within in the pocket --- Shows great ball handling ability --- Makes good decisions and takes care of the ball --- Tough and will stand tall against the rush --- Calm and composed --- Very competitive --- A team leader both on and off of the field --- Excellent work ethic --- Super productive.

Weaknesses:
Durability is a huge concern --- Just average arm strength --- Mechanics are not textbook and drops down to three-quarters at times --- Will have to adjust to working from under center --- Must learn to read defenses and go through progressions in a pro style offense --- Does not have a good feel for pressure --- Won't make a lot of plays with his feet --- Limited experience --- Stats were inflated by a spread system.

Notes:
Was basically just a two-year starter for the Sooners --- Father, Kent, was an offensive lineman at Oklahoma in the late-1970's --- Citizen of the Cherokee tribe --- Won the Heisman Trophy, Davey O'Brien Award and Sammy Baugh Trophy in 2008 --- Earned 1st Team All-American Honors in 2008 --- Was named the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year and also took home 1st Team All-Conference honors in 2008 --- Led the Sooners to back-to-back Big 12 titles ('07 & '08) and an appearance in the BCS Championship game ('08) --- Set a number of NCAA and school records despite starting just 31 career games in college --- Would most likely have competed with Matthew Stafford to be the #1 overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft but opted to return to school for another year of development --- Sprained the AC joint in his right (throwing) shoulder in the 2009 season opener --- Tried to come back after missing a couple of games but was reinjured and eventually underwent season-ending surgery in late-October that was performed by the renowned Dr. James Andrews --- Certainly has plenty of positive traits to get excited about but there are also a lot of unknowns and major question marks, including: 1) How will his arm respond after being surgically repaired? 2) Can his body hold up to the pounding it will have to endure at the next level? 3) Will he be able to adapt to a pro style offense or was he simply a product of Oklahoma's system that enabled other quarterbacks like Josh Heupel, Nate Hybl and Jason White to put up huge numbers as well? --- A highly-decorated, prolific signal caller with adequate physical tools and first-rate intangibles --- Could very easily emerge as a successful starter in the NFL but there are also serveral ominous warning signs that indicate a considerable bust factor.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Analysis
Accuracy: One of the more deadly accurate passers in recent memory whether throwing short, intermediate or deep. Places throws in tight spaces when facing zones or splitting two defenders down the seam. Puts the ball on his man's numbers so he can make a play after the catch, whether the receiver is standing still or on the move. Anticipates receivers' routes very well, and doesn't have to wait until they make their break or get open. Accurate on fades into the end zone or behind defenses, although a bit inconsistent in trajectory on those throws.

Arm Strength: Tall, lanky player who doesn't own a cannon but has more than enough arm strength to be successful in the NFL. Able to fit the ball into tight quarters, especially in the middle of the field. Uses anticipation and accuracy to connect on deep outs; NFL corners may jump those throws. Will stretch the field vertically when needed.

Setup/Release: Decisive and quick with his release. Tight spiral on most every throw. Generally quiet feet, patient and poised, but may have gotten more gun-shy with an inexperienced offensive line if not injured in 2009. Willing to stand in and deliver against pressure before the injury. Throws from three-quarter slot at times, which negates his height advantage. Works out of the shotgun often but is solid with his footwork and balanced in drops. Good ball fake when in play-action, causes peeking corners to bite using a strong pump fake.

Reading Defenses: Able to go through progressions or looks off safety when in the pocket, but often hit the primary read or quick screen in Oklahoma's spread offense. Understands hot reads and where defense is vulnerable, but his lack of feel for backside pressure and missing late blitzers cost him dearly last season. Trusts his arm and receivers too much in tight spaces, and at times won't recognize dropping linebackers and late-moving safeties. Comfortable leading his team in tight situations and has adequate clock awareness, but should improve with more snaps. Coaches called plays for Bradford.

On the Move: Maintains square shoulders and places the ball on target whether throwing left or right. Keeps his wits about him (and eyes down the field) if pressure takes away his rollout, resets and delivers on time. Nimble feet in the pocket; able to create room for himself to deliver the ball. Drifts toward the line of scrimmage when rolling out to his left, allowing defenders to reach him more easily. Not a scrambler or very elusive as a runner in space, but is mobile enough to pick up first downs on rollouts if defense lays off.

Intangibles: Intelligent, high-character, well-respected player on and off the field. Quiet leader by example who doesn't panic but needs to vocally hold teammates more accountable. Lack of bulk and durability are major questions after missing of last season with a shoulder injury.

Freak Out
04-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Hell yes......dueling assessments!

imscott72
04-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Bradford it is.....

Crazy to think he might get 50 M guaranteed having not played one snap in the NFL..

Freak Out
The NFL.com live feed is amazing.

Rastak
Hell yes......dueling assessments!

It's cool we have different links or it would get really boring!

SkinBasket
McCoy is sweating the possibility of being picked by the Lions. Looks like he's going to barf.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Bradford it is.....

Crazy to think he might get 50 M guaranteed having not played one snap in the NFL..

Yea, very Stafford like.....

red
suh is in the division

that's scary

Rastak
Suh to the Lions......damn....

Analysis
Pass rush: Top-notch pass rusher with ideal height and length to affect passing lanes and wrap up quarterbacks. Constantly works forward until the ball is out of the quarterback's hand. Uses strong, active hands to jerk his man aside and keep blockers off-balance. Spins off single blocks and is quick enough to get into the pocket. Also able to split double-teams to at least get a hand in the quarterback's face. Recognizes screens quickly -- comes off pass rush to get to the ball or the sideline. Good awareness to get his hands up in passing lane to knock down passes. Has fair hands for the interception, especially given his size. Greatly increased his conditioning and stamina as a senior and seemed capable of playing every down. Difficult for right tackles to handle one-on-one on the edge as a 3-4 defensive end because of his strength and athleticism. Dropped into coverage at times and shows surprising agility and awareness.

Run defense: Very difficult to move and center-guard tandems can be blown up. Excellent backfield awareness. Holds up his man and keeps eyes up to make plays on the ball, even when engaged. Excellent footwork moving down the line on stretch plays, and will get off of blocks or explode through the line to make the tackle. His pads start off too high at tops, losing his anchor. Can protect his feet against the cut block. Hustles to be the second or third man in the pile and finish plays.

Explosion: Good quickness off the snap, especially if the quarterback doesn't change up cadence, but does not have an elite first step. Pops into his man's jersey and recoils if necessary. Quick enough to be a pass-rush threat and maintain the corner as a 3-4 defensive end.

Strength: Strong bull rush to push the pocket, even when double-teamed. Able to rip off his man with upper-body strength and hands, freeing himself to make a play. Greatly improved his strength against the run in 2009. Used as a goal-line fullback because he gets low enough to push the pile.

Tackling: Rare tackling ability and effort for a defensive lineman, leading his team in tackles the last two years. Very athletic for his size; able to change direction, break down and explode into ballcarriers. Wraps well with his long, strong arms; tough to escape his grasp -- even with one arm. Hustles downfield on short throws. Chases down the line.

Intangibles: Intelligent, low-key and mature. Suh became a vocal leader for the Huskers as a senior. Has improved his work habits and on-field toughness during his time in Lincoln. He's respected by teammates and looked up to by the younger players.

NFL Comparison: Richard Seymour, Oakland Raiders

Tony Oday
So would you cry if you were drafted by the Lions?

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 06:44 PM
I'll leave the assesments to Ras.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:45 PM
I'll leave the assesments to Ras.

If you want post away....interesting to see the differences of opinion.\

edit: It is a pain in the ass to do though...... :D

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Cant stand Mayock's lisp

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Has there ever been so little debate about who the first 3 picks will be? It will get interesting after that.

Freak Out
04-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Keep them coming guys.

We need a good OL more than ever now.

imscott72
04-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Great pick for the Kitties..

red
Keep them coming guys.

We need a good OL more than ever now.

no doubt

i'm thinking charles brown in the first and veldheer in the second

Tarlam!

Are you serious? I have a black screen!

Joemailman
Ndamukong Suh
Height: 6-3⅞ | Weight: 307 | 40-Time: 5.04

Official Bio

Strengths:
Ideal height and bulk --- Extremely strong and powerful --- Very athletic with great speed and quickness --- Agile with fantastic balance and nimble feet --- Uses his hands extraordinarily well --- Active with a non-stop motor --- Great range with a burst to close and does an excellent job in pursuit --- Tremendously stout at point of attack --- Can penetrate and get upfield --- Outstanding bull rusher --- Able to get off blocks once engaged --- Hard hitter --- Reliable tackler --- Will bat down balls and disrupt passing lanes --- Smart with superb instincts and awareness --- Tough --- Competitive --- Hard worker --- Offers some versatility --- Has a ton of high-quality experience --- Super productive.

Weaknesses:
Durability may be a concern --- Will get too tall and can be inconsistent with his leverage --- Must develop some additional pass rush moves and counters --- Is not especially explosive with first step off the snap.

Notes:
Name is pronounced "En-dom-ah-ken Soo" --- Mother is from Jamaica and Father hails from Cameroon --- In the Ngema tribe "Ndamukong" means “House of Spears” --- Was a three-year starter for the Cornhuskers --- Named 1st Team All-Big 12 in 2008 and 2009 --- A consensus 1st Team All-American in 2009 --- Won just about every award imaginable in 2009, including the Outland Trophy, Rotary Lombardi Award, Nagurski Trophy, Chuck Bednarik Award, Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year and AP Player of the Year --- Finished 4th in the Heisman Trophy voting as a senior --- Led Nebraska in tackles as a junior and senior --- Redshirted in 2005 after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee --- Underwent surgery to repair a torn ACL in his right knee in 2008 --- Could play defensive tackle in a 4-3 scheme or defensive end in a 3-4 front --- Dominant force who consistently took over contests, with his 7.0 tackle for a loss and 4.5 sack performance in the Big 12 Championship Game against Texas as a senior being a perfect example --- Wonderful all-around player who excels against both the run and pass --- Is arguably the best defensive tackle prospect that the NFL Draft has seen in the last decade or more.

Career Statistics
Year GP TKL TFL SACK
2005 2 1 0.0 0.0
2006 14 19 8.0 3.5
2007 12 19 8.0 3.5
2008 13 76 16.0 7.5
2009 14 85 24.0 12.0
Totals 55 200 56.0 26.5

channtheman
04-22-2010, 06:48 PM
It's amazing that McCoy and Suh are apparently two of the best DT prospects to come along in the last 10-15 years, according to nfldraftcountdown.com. Are these guys really this good?

Freak Out
04-22-2010, 06:50 PM

Man....it's HD here in Alaska. :lol:

Amazing...plus I'm sending some documents to clients as well.

SkinBasket
Remember when Tampa beat us?

Rastak
McCoy to the Bucs, another good pick.

As mentioned, now it gets interesting......

Analysis
Pass rush: Constantly moving toward the quarterback no matter where he lines up. When playing inside, uses a quick first step, violent hands and a surprisingly quick spin move to defeat man-up blocking. Could be more consistent changing up his pass rush moves. Keeps his eyes on the quarterback, and will put his hand up to affect the passing lane or knock down throws. Fluid turning the corner at 3-4 end, but not quite quick enough to beat NFL tackles off the line. Makes the quarterback step up into the pocket with a strong punch and spin move. Stands up his man if unable to win the initial battle, and disengages to crash down if the quarterback hangs on too long.

Run defense: Explosive tackler with the agility to bring down backs before they get started. Stacks and sheds, especially when playing outside. Able to beat the cut block and quickly recover to get back into the play. Good hustle, usually getting down the line or 10-15 yards downfield to chase the ball. Keeps his shoulders square when engaged down the line. Agile to run through or jump over trash. When slanting against the run, gets skinny to exploit a gap. Plays a bit high, and can get blown off the line when inside against a good power drive blocker.

Explosion: Quick and powerful off the snap, especially when he stays low to maintain leverage. Can pop his man's jersey and punch to keep a tackle off-balance. When lined up on the edge, tight ends can't handle his power one-on-one.

Strength: Keeps his hands active pushing into his man's chest or shoulders to pressure the pocket. Not as strong anchoring against double-teams as you'd like for an elite defensive tackle prospect. Able to control the tackle when at defensive end and use those strong hands to disengage to make the play. Will lose leverage as his pads can get too high after the snap.

Tackling: Strong upper-body build and long arms make him a secure tackler inside, even when not coming straight-on toward his target. Able to change direction to drag down running backs or quarterbacks after breaking through the line. Accelerates into a ballcarrier and close quickly on quarterbacks. Hustles to be the second or third man in the pile.

Intangibles: Team captain starting as a sophomore. Rarely takes a play off and hustles through the whistle. High character player who gives speeches to schools and other organizations throughout the Norman area community. Scheduled to graduate in the spring with a Human Relations degree.

NFL Comparison: Kevin Williams, Vikings

Rastak
04-22-2010, 06:51 PM
It's amazing that McCoy and Suh are apparently two of the best DT prospects to come along in the last 10-15 years, according to nfldraftcountdown.com. Are these guys really this good?

That's what those who know are saying.....just wish the Lions weren't a team getting one.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Gerald McCoy
Height: 6-4⅛ | Weight: 295 | 40-Time: 5.07

Official Bio

Strengths:
Ideal height and bulk --- Outstanding athleticism --- Excellent speed and quickness --- Explosive and fires off the ball --- Agile with fantastic balance and change of direction --- Exceptional strength --- Terrific range with a burst to close --- Does an incredible job in pursuit --- Uses his hands well and flashes some violence --- Employs a wide array of effective pass rush moves --- Consistently penetrates and wreaks havoc in the backfield --- Stout at the point of attack --- Shows the ability to shed blockers --- Active with a non-stop motor --- Hard hitter and a powerful, reliable tackler --- Very tough --- Superb instincts and awareness --- Offers a lot of versatility --- Hard worker --- Team leader.

Weaknesses:
Wasn't extraordinarily productive --- Can be a bit lackadaisical when it comes to pad level and leverage --- Has trouble taking on and beating double-teams --- Gets too aggressive and plays out of control at times.

Notes:
Was a three-year starter for the Sooners --- A highly-touted recruit coming out of high school and was named the National Defensive Player of the Year by USA Today --- Named the Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year in 2007 --- Earned 1st Team All-Big 12 and All-American honors as a sophomore and junior --- Served as a team captain in 2008 and 2009 --- Graduated with a degree in Human Relations --- Was very active in the community as a public speaker during his time in college --- Played in a rotation and didn't get the amount of reps he would have in other programs, which resulted in a lack of eye-popping statistics --- Would most likely have been a Top 10 overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft had he come out as a redshirt sophomore --- Is capable of playing either defensive tackle position in a 4-3 scheme or defensive end in a 3-4 front --- Well-rounded player who possesses a superior blend of elite physical tools and top-notch intangibles --- Dynamic presence who can take over games --- Gets overshadowed by Ndamukong Suh but is as good, if not better, than any defensive tackle prospect to come along in the last 10 to 15 years.

Career Statistics
Year GP TKL TFL SACK
2006 RS - - -
2007 13 19 6.5 2.0
2008 14 30 11.0 6.5
2009 13 34 15.5 6.0
Totals 40 83 33.0 14.5

SkinBasket
04-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Looks like someone's happy he's going to Tampa versus the alternative.

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 06:53 PM

Seriously?? You're messing with my head right?

Freak Out

Fuck that was brutal.

Joemailman
If Trent Williams and Okung go next, the Big 12 will have the first 5 picks.

Rastak
If I just won 20-30 million dollars I'd be bawling too.

red
04-22-2010, 06:54 PM
If Trent Williams and Okung go next, the Big 12 will have the first 5 picks.

oklahoma is gonna have 3 of the first 4 or 5

thats nuts

Freak Out

Seriously?? You're messing with my head right?

I would never do that.

OS PA
I am not happy about the Lions adding Suh. Maybe they'll finally do something as a defense.

SkinBasket

Fuck that was brutal.

People were freaking the fuck out about that one.

Freak Out
04-22-2010, 06:56 PM
He doesn't look at that big.

Brando19

Fuck that was brutal.

No shit. They were the worst team in the NFL and we screwed up and gave them a win.

SkinBasket
I am not happy about the Lions adding Suh. Maybe they'll finally do something as a defense.

We're safe for at least a year with the changes they're making on the defense. By then we'll know if we need to fear Suh or not.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm guessing Trent Williams here. Better for Washington's system.

Freak Out
He needs to spit that damn gum out.

SkinBasket

Fuck that was brutal.

No shit. They were the worst team in the NFL and we screwed up and gave them a win.

That was when it became clear to some that we needed to find a real starter at QB. One that could win games. I sure hope Ted addresses that glaring need.

Rastak
Trent Williams:

Analysis
Pass blocking: Improved at left tackle throughout 2009, getting into his pass set quickly and learning to adjust to inside moves. Engulfs most defensive ends on the edge. Bends his knees and anchors very well -- does not get pushed back into the quarterback. Strong initial punch and usually coils back quickly, although he can be out-quicked after initial contact on occasion. Easily absorbs a punch. Reaches at times, instead of moving his feet, to maintain control of secondary rush. Recognizes outside blitzers and usually meets them at the corner of the pocket. Effective cut blocker despite his size. Comes out a little flat in his kick-slide, giving up the corner. Doesn't have elite foot quickness and will sometimes back up instead of moving laterally, but still mirrors most ends without problem.

Run blocking: Fires off the line and dominates when drive blocking. Turns his man whichever way is needed and sustains the block. Only adequate moving his feet on zone blocks, allowing defenders to chase the play. Overextends when trying to punch and looks a bit slow against blitzing linebackers or in space.

Pulling/trapping: Not asked to pull or trap, but is mobile enough to be effective sealing off the MIKE linebacker on strong-side run plays. If moved inside to right guard, would work best in power scheme.

Initial Quickness: Good burst off the snap to run block, and latches onto his man immediately. Sets quickly after his kick slide on both the left and right side, but will be more consistent protecting on the right side.

Downfield: Reaches linebackers and safeties at the second level quickly off the snap. Gets hands into the jersey and moves his feet to drive the man back. Will miss his target or fail to find someone to hit on occasion. Looks for secondary targets to block downfield when needed.

Intangibles: Unselfish player who works hard on the field and in practice. Plays through minor injuries. Returned to school despite being a probable second-round pick in order to return to the BCS championship and complete his education.

NFL Comparison: Jammal Brown, New Orleans Saints

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Trent Williams
Height: 6-4⅝ | Weight: 315 | 40-Time: 4.88

Official Bio

Strengths:
Ideal bulk --- Fantastic athlete --- Quick --- Agile --- Nimble feet --- Good balance --- Natural knee bender --- Moves well laterally --- Mobile with range to get to the second level --- Can hit a moving target --- Great strength --- Stout at the point of attack --- Gets a good push in the run game --- Able to adjust and recover when beat --- Understands positioning and excels at sealing off defenders --- Solid instincts and awareness --- Violent initial punch --- Tough --- Nasty with a killer instinct --- Has a lot of experience against top competition --- Versatile.

Weaknesses:
A tad shorter than you'd prefer --- Doesn't have real long arms --- Has leverage and pad level lapses --- Motor and concentration wane at times --- Battled some minor injuries --- Work ethic's been questioned.

Notes:
Was a three-year starter for the Sooners --- Named a 1st Team All-American in 2009 --- Earned 1st Team All-Big 12 honors in 2008 and 2009 --- Could project to right or left tackle at the next level --- Played right tackle early in his career but moved to left tackle to replace Phil Loadholt as a senior --- Looked much better on the right side in 2008 than he did on the left side in 2009 --- Struggles as a senior can be at least partially attributed to a relative unfamiliarity with the position, his not necessarily being 100% healthy as well as an inexperienced group of o-lineman around him --- Has all the tools, just needs to be more consistent and pay closer attention to the details --- Terrific all-around blocker who is equally effective in the pass and run games --- Actually compares quite favorably to New Orleans Saints All - Pro Jamaal Brown.

swede
That was fast, Ras!
U 2 Joe

red
wow, first big surprise

okung has been the consensus #1 OT all year right up until a couple of hours ago

Freak Out
04-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Did Goodell just call him "Silverback"?

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Did Goodell just call him "Silverback"?

Better than "Brokenback".....could probably call him "Greenback"

Brando19
04-22-2010, 07:01 PM

Fuck that was brutal.

That was when it became clear to some that we needed to find a real starter at QB. One that could win games. I sure hope Ted addresses that glaring need.

No...that was when it became clear that, aside from Woodson...our secondary sucks and let a rookie QB pick us apart. Hope Ted addresses that this draft.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Some people thought someone might try to trade up to #5 to take Clausen. We'll see.

Tarlam!

We're safe for at least a year with the changes they're making on the defense. By then we'll know if we need to fear Suh or not.

The solution is easy - TT needs to draft POuncey or Iupati.

Rastak
Some people thought someone might try to trade up to #5 to take Clausen. We'll see.

I'd be pretty surprised.

swede
That Dorito's commercial was horrible. (NFL Network) Their SB one was worse.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:03 PM
So Berry here?

Or Okung?

edit: Maybe trade down one so the Seahawks can get Okung?

SkinBasket
04-22-2010, 07:04 PM

Fuck that was brutal.

No...that was when it became clear that, aside from Woodson...our secondary sucks and let a rookie QB pick us apart. Hope Ted addresses that this draft.

See, now you're just confused. Atari Bigby was the only reason we won games after his return last season. It was proclaimed here that he was more valuable to the Packers defense than Al Harris, Matthews, and Capers combined. Someone will have to find Scott's Atari Jesus picture.

Brando19
04-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Berry or Thomas here.

SkinBasket
04-22-2010, 07:05 PM
What a dick. Ruining the surprise...

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Berry

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Analysis
Read & React: One of his greatest assets. Shows uncommon discipline, reading the play completely before making his move. Rarely fooled by play-action or misdirection or beaten over the top due to taking false steps. Reads screens at the line of scrimmage, but waits until the quarterback is making the throw before accelerating to the ball. Good burst and accelerates smoothly. Takes very good angles to the ball. Good body control and times his leaps very well to compete in jump-ball situations with bigger receivers.

Man Coverage: Unique agility and straight-line speed for a safety. Often was asked to drop down as the nickel cornerback, showing good flexibility, balance and acceleration to turn and run with receivers. Can flip his hips, plant his foot in the ground and drive to mirror receivers' routes. Good physicality in press to re-route the slot receiver or tight end. Rides receivers for a few yards to disrupt timing with the quarterback. Times his leaps well and has natural ball skills.

Zone Coverage: Smooth, low backpedal with the balance to change direction without losing speed. Understands weak spots in coverage and what the receiver is trying to do against him. Breaks on the ball quickly. Reliable open-field tackler. Arrives with significantly more pop than his size would indicate.

Closing/Recovery: Closes on the ball as well as any safety in the draft. Rare diagnosis skills and has a quick burst when changing direction. Good acceleration with a late explosive burst as the ball arrives. Locates the ball in the air and times his leaps well. Is shorter than scouts would prefer, but highpoints passes when he has the opportunity for the interception.

Run Support: Quickly diagnoses run to get downhill quickly to limit the yardage gained. Stout tackler at the point, but doesn't need to make the tackle to make the play. Good team defender that makes the unselfish plays. Attacks the pulling guard or lead blocker low to blow up the play and leave easy tackles at the line of scrimmage for his teammates.

Tackling: Reliable open-field tackler with rare explosiveness considering his lack of prototypical size. Brings his hips through the tackle to generate impressive drive and knock bigger ballcarriers back. Great range due to very good speed and rare instincts. Understands his role as the last line of defense and takes proper angles to minimize the yardage given up, but make the tackle. Good wrap-up tackler with the body control to adjust to elusive ballcarriers in the open field and latch on to drag down.

Intangibles: High character, high-effort player. Coaches rave about his leadership qualities and instincts. Started all 39 games of his career, including 14 as a true freshman. Voted team captain as a sophomore and junior. Competes on special teams despite his All-American status.

red
berry going #5

thank god he's out of our conference

swede
Okung looked annoyed.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Okung looked annoyed.

I would guess he's next up.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Eric Berry
Height: 5-11⅝ | Weight: 211 | 40-Time: 4.47

Official Bio

Strengths:
Excellent athleticism --- Great speed --- Quick and agile --- Explosive with a burst and closes in a hurry --- Outstanding instincts, awareness and anticipation --- Fantastic hands and ball skills --- Nice leaping ability and body control --- Smooth with fluid hips and great feet --- Excels in man and zone coverage --- Does a good job in run support --- Super tough and is not afraid to throw his body around --- Can deliver the big hit --- Extremely competitive --- Versatile --- Strong work ethic --- A team player and leader --- Productive --- Has lots of quality experience.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the ideal height or bulk you look for --- Too aggressive at times --- Will miss some tackles --- Gets tall in his backpedal --- Might be too physical for his own good --- Has durability and health concerns.

Notes:
A three-year starter for the Volunteers --- Father, James, was a three-year starter and captain for the Vols --- Was elected a captain by his teammates as a sophomore and junior --- Named 2nd Team All-SEC in 2007 and 1st Team in both 2008 and 2009 --- Named the SEC's Defensive Player of the Year in 2008 --- Unanimous 1st Team All-American in 2008 and 2009 --- Recipient of the Jim Thorpe Award as the top defensive back in major college football in 2009 --- Holds the SEC career record for interception return yards and was just 8 yards shy of the NCAA mark --- Underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left shoulder following the 2008 season --- Has the ability to play either safety or cornerback --- An all-around threat who is effective against both the pass and the run and is capable of playing in-the-box or in the deep middle --- A true playmaker and ballhawk who always seems to be around the action --- Rare talent with top-notch intangibles who will draw favorable comparisons to All Pro Ed Reed of the Baltimore Ravens.

Career Statistics
Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS
2007 14 86 4 5 222
2008 12 72 6 7 265
2009 13 87 7 2 7
Totals 39 245 17 14 494

rbaloha1
04-22-2010, 07:10 PM
With Suh on the Lions, the Pack is going to need bigger interior linemen. Pouncey or Iupati makes more sense.

red
04-22-2010, 07:10 PM
browns gotta be ready to puke right now

berry is gone, they don't need a LT

they have to be desperate to trade down

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 07:12 PM
You're on your own Ras. Looks like Draftcountdown.com just crashed.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Okung.....to the Hawks to replace Walter Jones.

Analysis
Pass blocking: Prototypical athleticism, height and long arms for left tackle. Excellent first step on kick slide; sets up for pass pro quickly and with a wide base. Good angle on slide to prevent wide rushes. Gets his feet up and down well, consistently mirroring his man on outside or inside rush moves. Smaller ends have little chance of staying upright against him, and few defenders of any size get off his block once latched on. Willing to attack ends lined up wide instead of catching them. Strength is an issue, has only an adequate punch and inconsistent anchor against larger ends. Gets pushed back when pads are too high, yet he recovers nicely to prevent the sack. Will extend his arms to throw his man off balance if he senses any let-up. Gets down to cut quickly, will roll to keep his man out of the play. Good awareness finding late blitzers and adjusting to twists.

Run blocking: Will lean forward when trying to aggressively run block, and loses his balance against quicker ends. Drive blocking is not his strength, as he tends to get his pads too high too quickly. Keeps legs churning after initial contact, however, to take his man out of the play or put him on the ground. Once engaged, will not let go - sometimes through the whistle. Can turn his man inside or outside using angles and foot work, not brute strength. Effective hitting linebackers at the second level, but fails to sustain when punching instead of latching on.

Pulling/trapping: Looks agile for his size when asked to move, which is quite often for a left tackle, but inconsistent hitting defenders in space. Seals the edge with good footwork, even if he needs to get outside the tackle box first. Has the flexibility to adjust to inside blitzers or keep out linebackers attacking a gap.

Initial Quickness: Good quickness in his kick slide in pass protection; doesn't get beat on the edge. Fires off the ball in goal-line situations and when he needs to help the tight end, then moves to second level on run plays.

Downfield: Athletic enough and uses his long arms to reach linebackers. Gets the inside defender to prevent penetration on outside runs. Could hustle to get a second defender more often. Doesn't always hit his targets square, which allows them to make plays or draw holding penalties. Needs to learn to move in balance.

Intangibles: Ready to compete on every snap, and owns the responsibility of protecting the quarterback. Excellent durability. No character concerns -- coaches like his attitude on the field and in the locker room.

NFL Comparison: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, New York Jets

green_bowl_packer
04-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Wouldn't it be great to trade up with Denver at 11 (Bears original pick in the Cutler trade) and get someone who just sticks it to the Bears for his whole career. That'd be awesome.

http://us.ent3.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/tv_pix/nbc/saturday_night_live_episode_photos/_group_photos/chris_farley15.jpg

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Apologies to Ras and Joe -- but I think this profile is interesting...

Name: Russell Okung
Position: Offensive Tackle
School: Oklahoma State University
Height: 6050 E
Weight: 302lbs E

The Big 3:
Athletic Ability: Okung possesses above average athleticism for an NFL tackle, but fits more into the “smooth” than “explosive” category. Okung is a natural knee bender who usually plays with great leverage. His short area quickness is very good, and he is an above-average athlete shooting off the snap and sliding his feet. Okung also has long arms that lock up defenders, which helps mask the lack of strength. 6.5

Run Blocking: Most teams will grade Okung critically on his run blocking. He does not have the lower body power to push even college defensive ends backwards, and too often his man is able to shed the block and make a tackle. However, Okung is an excellent cut blocker (run and pass) and is one of the best collegiate tackles I’ve seen at getting to the 2nd level and locating/blocking linebackers, and could be at least adequate in a zone blocking system. 6.0

Pass Blocking: This grade surprised me as much as it will surprise you. I actually have huge concerns about Okung’s ability to play left tackle in the NFL. He lacks the anchor to consistently hold up against stronger DEs (and I really worry about what a 3-4 DE could do to him), and often gets pushed backwards. He also really struggled to stay in front of the more athletic defenders I saw him against, allowing even mediocre NFL talent like Nick Reed to turn the corner against him a couple of times. To me, he’s good at sliding his feet and has long arms, but when facing a good athlete who is able to keep those arms off of him (like Brian Orakpo, Nick Reed, or Greg Hardy) Okung really struggles – he doesn’t have the athleticism to fall back on when his arms don’t land, and he doesn’t get his hands into his man’s pads regularly enough when he plays good competition. 6.0

The Rest:
Motor: 6.5 While Okung does not have the nastiness of Jake Long, he’s nowhere near as lazy as some prospects and generally plays to and sometimes through the whistle.

Feet Slide: 6.5 Great first step, but there are going to be NFL defenders capable of beating Okung around the corner. Good enough for most players, but the elite athletes will give him trouble.

Initial Quicks: 7.5 Very quick out of the snap, even when OkSU has Okung out of a three-point stance (not very often). One of his best traits is that he does force DEs to take steps outside, rather than just penetrating off the snap.

Playbook Understanding/Blitz Pickup: 6.5 Okung is generally a smart blocker who makes few mental errors. He usually picks up the right man on the blitz and locates the right man when going to the second level.

Pulling/Trapping: 6.0 For a player who is so good short-range, the longer Okung has to run the worse he looks. After about 5 yards Okung looks awkward running. He locates the linebacker well, though, and can usually land a block. Less effective when asked to trap defensive linesmen, as he lacks the strength to jolt then backwards.

Combo Blocking: 6.5 When Okung needs to get outside and find a LB, he does a very good job. When Okung is asked to hold the block on the DL, he usually does a good job but will struggle when asked to block defensive tackles 1v1. Lots of experience with zone blocking principles.

Hand Use: 6.0 Okung has no punch (sadly, not uncommon at the collegiate level) to speak of and does not recover quickly (if he misses his first attempt, will take too long to shoot his hands a 2nd time). The only reason this is not lower is that Okung’s long, surprisingly strong arms allow him to get his hands on defenders more often than not, and this projects as something Okung can fit.

Character: 6.5 Everything I’ve heard about Okung has been generally positive. He’s smart, demonstrated by his awareness locating linebackers and following his assignments. He has a reputation for being a hard worker and has no off-field issues. Demonstrated maturity coming back for his senior year when he would’ve been a first day pick.

Summary: I was really hesitant to put up this report, and have now seen more on Okung than any other offensive tackle I’ve scouted. I had a very difficult time reconciling what I saw on tape with what I’ve heard about Okung. While his run blocking is going to turn off a lot of teams, I think he would be pretty solid for a team that runs a lot of zone blocking. The area where I really disagree with just about everyone is in regards to athleticism and pass protection. I think Okung has benefitted greatly from playing in the weakest, defensively speaking, BCS conference. It worries me that Okung struggles against good competition – against Orakpo, Reed, and Hardy, Okung turned in bad games - when good-but-not-great would’ve been expected. In the end, I can only go by what I’ve seen in the games and that just was not very impressive.

Ironic that this profile was written and posted on the Seattle Seahawks blog.

swede
04-22-2010, 07:16 PM
So far our mock only missed once.

Joe Haden goes to Cleveland in our mock.

Freak Out
04-22-2010, 07:16 PM
So did Pistol Pete just fuck up his first draft?

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Russell Okung
Height: 6-5¼ | Weight: 307 | 40-Time: 5.15

Official Bio

Strengths:
Prototypical size with long arms and big hands --- Terrific athlete with good quickness and agility --- Excellent strength --- Pretty nimble feet and moves well laterally --- Fantastic balance --- Gets a very good push in the run game --- Violent initial punch --- Understands positioning and angles --- Nice body control and is comfortable in space --- Range to pull and get to the second level --- Smart with solid awareness --- Is tough and flashes a nasty on-field demeanor --- Competitive --- Hard worker --- Durable --- Has lots of experience against quality opponents.

Weaknesses:
Is still relatively raw as a technician --- Will play too tall and could be more consistent with leverage --- Must use his hands better --- Gets caught leaning at times --- Just average anchor ability --- Has some trouble sustaining his blocks --- Isn't especially dominant in any aspect.

Notes:
Was a four-year starter for the Cowboys, which included a consecutive games streak of 47 --- A consensus All-American as a senior --- Named 1st Team All-Big 12 in both 2008 and 2009 --- Honored as the Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2009 --- Oklahoma State led the Big 12 in rushing every year of his career and he helped paved the way for three different 1,000 yard rushers --- Was considered to be a potential first round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft but opted to stay in school for his senior season --- Has the ability to see action on either the left or right side --- An outstanding all-around blocker with an ideal mix of physical tools and intangibles who excels as both a pass protector and run blocker -- Not a "Franchise Left Tackle" but probably just a notch below.

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 07:17 PM
With Suh on the Lions, the Pack is going to need bigger interior linemen. Pouncey or Iupati makes more sense.

I've been saying this since January!!!!

wist43
04-22-2010, 07:19 PM
I haven't studied the draft at all this year... first year I've really missed since '86.

I'm watching the draft, but haven't the first clue about any of these guys... so I'll be interested to hear what you guys think of our pick when it rolls around :)

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 07:19 PM
I'll bet the Browns are busy on the phone. Now it gets interesting.

OS PA
04-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Jimmy Clausen... Doesn't go here.

Rastak
I'll bet the Browns are busy on the phone. Now it gets interesting.

Walruss doesn't like the QB's left?

Hayden?

McClain?

wist43

Bigger Offensive Linemen??? I've been haulin that mail for years :D

Sparkey
04-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Hayden the pick

Rastak
Top corner goes to Browns....Haden

Analysis
Read & React: Typically plays in press or off-man coverage, reading the receiver to gain an advantage on the route. Good straight-line for the deep route. Reacts quickly in zone coverage and when he's facing the quarterback in man coverage. Little wasted motion in closing once he sees the ball in the air.

Man Coverage: Very strong in man coverage. Quick, active hands to provide an initial pop to the receiver in press coverage. Quick feet and loose hips for the transition to run downfield. Good balance and body control to mirror the receiver. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode out of cuts. Good use of hands downfield to prevent separation. Shows a legitimate late burst to close after the ball has been released. Good timing and hand-eye coordination to slap the ball away as it arrives.

Zone Coverage: Smooth, low backpedal out of his stance. Maintains cushion with his backpedal, keeping his eyes alert to receivers in his zone. Changes direction smoothly with no wasted motion. Plays even faster than he has been timed, a credit to his recognition and efficient change-of-direction ability.

Closing/Recovery: Among his best traits. Plants and drives back to the ball very well. Accelerates late and has the body control to contort in space and slap the ball away without drawing a flag. Good straight-line speed to run with any receiver and has a late burst to close if beaten initially. Locates the ball in the air. Good vertical and times his leaps to compete for the jump ball.

Run Support: Reads run and is quick to close toward the line of scrimmage. Evades blocks due to his lateral agility and anticipation and is willing to take on bigger ballcarriers. Understands his role on the edge and approaches it with a workmanlike mentality.

Tackling: Takes good tackle angles, going low against bigger ballcarriers. Isn't an explosive hitter. Grab-and-drag tackler more often than scouts would like, rather than wrapping up securely, but rarely has his tackles broken. Can be dragged a bit by bigger ballcarriers, but gets his man to the ground.

Intangibles: Signed with Florida as a standout prep quarterback and all-around athlete. Originally was expected to play slot receiver, but elected to compete for the starting cornerback position rather than back up Percy Harvin. Team-first player who is a standout special teams player despite his All-American status. Played in 2009 on the punt return, kickoff and punt teams.

Tony Oday

I think we need to NOT MESS WITH THE INNER THREE...the best lines are not the most athletic or the biggest...they are the ones that played together for longer than 2 seasons.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Joe Haden
Height: 5-10¾ | Weight: 193 | 40-Time: 4.52

Official Bio

Strengths:
Good size with long arms and a muscular physique --- Outstanding athleticism --- Plays fast with the pads on --- Explosive with a burst and closes in a hurry --- Transitions smoothly thanks to fluid hips and quick feet --- Able to match up and run downfield in man coverage --- Good hands and excellent ball skills --- Great agility and body control --- Good leaping ability --- Is strong, tough, physical and aggressive --- Gets a great jam at the line --- Willing tackler and can deliver a big hit --- Does a fantastic job in run support --- Competitive with a short memory --- A superb work ethic --- Team Leader --- A lot of high - quality experience.

Weaknesses:
Average timed speed --- Will gamble and take chances --- Must refine footwork, backpedal and overall technique --- Questionable instincts and awareness --- Does not read and react quickly --- Will miss tackles.

Notes:
A three-year starter for the Gators --- Earned 1st Team All-American honors in 2009 --- Was named 2nd Team All-SEC in 2008 and 1st Team in 2009 --- Brother, Josh, was a running back at Boston College before recently deciding to transfer --- Another brother, Jordan, will be a freshman safety for the Gators in 2010 --- Father, Joe Sr., is a former football player, track star and professional body builder who works as a personal trainer --- Played quarterback in high school and was recruited as an "athlete" --- Was the point guard for a two-time State Champion basketball team as a prep --- The first true freshman to start at cornerback on opening day in Florida history --- Still raw after only becoming a full-time corner a few years ago --- Is clearly the premier prospect at his position in this class --- Exceptional all-around player with the talent and intangibles to become a first-rate starter in the NFL

Career Statistics
Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS
2007 12 63 12 1 10
2008 14 87 12 3 136
2009 14 68 10 4 20
Totals 40 218 34 8 166

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
The senile old man is on the clock.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:24 PM

Willie Gault......

Brando19
04-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh crap...who is it here....Tebow? Spiller? The Punter from Michigan? You never know with the Raiders.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh crap...who is it here....Tebow? Spiller? The Punter from Michigan? You never know with the Raiders.

Renaldo Neamiah

pack4to84
04-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Mcclain to Raiders shocked

OS PA
04-22-2010, 07:27 PM

Time to throw a dart at your athlete board.

Sparkey
04-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Looks like mcClain

Tony Oday
Bo Jackson

Rastak
McClain isn't a bad pick......

Analysis
Read & React: Excellent key-and-diagnose skills. Identifies the play quickly and has little to no wasted motion in getting to the action. Rarely fooled by misdirection. Recognizes screens quickly and attacks before linemen have a chance to set up blocks. Dedicated and he has to be kicked out of the film room.

Run defense: Prototypical size and strength for inside linebacker. Instinctive. Takes good angles to the ball. Good vision and balance to flow through the trash. Great strength in his hands to stack and shed blockers. Tall enough to locate the ballcarrier while being blocked and can forcefully toss the blocker to the side to make the play. Has good, not great speed lateral and straight-line speed to the sideline. Faster on the field than in workouts because of his instincts.

Pass defense: Gains good depth in his drops, but is stiff and struggles a bit changing direction to stay with receivers in man coverage. Alert in zone and shows good route recognition. Closes on the ball quickly. Long arms and quick hands to slap away the pass as it arrives. At least adequate ball skills (five career INTs).

Tackling: True thumper that can be an intimidating force in the middle. Classic hit-lift-drive tackler with the strength to knock the ballcarrier off his feet with the long arms to wrap around for the secure stop. Breaks down well in space to make the sure stop against smaller, quicker ballcarriers. Good hustle laterally, though he can give up too easily in pursuit downfield.

Pass Rush/Blitz: Great size and closing speed but he isn't there yet. Times his blitz well and gets skinny to get through the line of scrimmage. Doesn't show enough hand technique to disengage as a pass rusher. Relies on his bull rush to push the pocket and is strong enough for this to be effective. Savvy enough to get his hands up in the passing lanes when he can't get to the quarterback in time.

Intangibles: Described as a film junkie and defensive coordinator on the field. Is characterized as not only knowing his assignment on every defensive call, but also the job of every defensive teammate. Incredibly competitive. Never missed a game at Alabama. Voted a team captain in 2009 as a junior.

wist43

I think we need to NOT MESS WITH THE INNER THREE...the best lines are not the most athletic or the biggest...they are the ones that played together for longer than 2 seasons.

The only reason any line can build cohesion is b/c there is sufficient talent there for the team to keep them together... if you have underperformers, I don't care what their size - you're going to be looking to replace them.

There are plenty of good, smaller OL in the league, just as there are good road graders - it would be my preference to have more of a power line; that said, the offense is clicking with Rodgers under center, so I'm not bitching too much these days :)

OS PA
04-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Mcclain to Raiders shocked

How the hell did you know that?

Joemailman
Rolando McClain
Height: 6-3⅜ | Weight: 249 | 40-Time: 4.68

Official Bio

Strengths:
Ideal height and bulk with long arms --- Fantastic Football IQ --- Superb instincts and awareness --- Will diagnose and react to the action quickly --- Tough, physical and aggressive --- Agile with nice balance and body control --- Terrific strength --- Reliable tackler who can deliver the big hit --- Stout against the run --- Able to take on and shed blockers --- Uses his hands well --- Fluid and more than holds his own in coverage --- Solid pass rusher and blitzer --- Hard Worker --- Team Leader --- Top pedigree --- Lots of experience against elite competition.

Weaknesses:
Sufficient, but not exceptional, speed and athleticism --- Range is somewhat limited --- Doesn't always play with proper pad level --- May not be as effective in pursuit at the next level --- Average hands and ball skills --- Some issues in space --- Has health / durability concerns.

Notes:
A three-year starter for the Crimson Tide --- Named 1st Team All-SEC in 2008 and 2009 --- A unanimous 1st Team All-American in 2009 --- Won the Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker in 2009 --- Served as a team captain as a junior --- Suffers from Crohn's Disease, a disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive tract --- Has proven he will play through illness and injuries --- Led what was arguably the most talented defense in the country and was a standout --- Could excel in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme but best fit may come in an odd front --- A magnificent all-around player who is effective against both the run and pass while serving as an extra coach on the field --- A true football player with adequate physical tools and top-notch intangibles --- Could very easily emerge as one of the premier inside linebackers in the NFL.

Career Statistics
Year GP TKL TFL SACK PBU INT
2007 13 75 5.0 1.0 4 2
2008 14 95 12.0 3.0 6 1
2009 14 105 14.5 4.0 4 2
Totals 41 275 31.5 8.0 14 5

Rastak
Al Davis must have called in sick.....

Sparkey
Al Davis with a solid choice. They finally have a good MLB.

swede
Packer mock was 6/7 before that pick

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 07:30 PM

The only reason any line can build cohesion is b/c there is sufficient talent there for the team to keep them together... if you have underperformers, I don't care what their size - you're going to be looking to replace them.

There are plenty of good, smaller OL in the league, just as there are good road graders - it would be my preference to have more of a power line; that said, the offense is clicking with Rodgers under center, so I'm not bitching too much these days :)

I am with you on that...I like road graders :) but dont fix what isnt broken

green_bowl_packer
04-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Spiller is gonna be sitting there at 10

Never mind - he didnt look too happy

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Rolando McClain is without a doubt the best Mike LB in the country. Very good choice for once.

Tony Oday
Spiller is gonna be sitting there at 10

nope

OS PA
Marshawn going bye bye.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Spiller to Bills!

Analysis
Inside: Known as a speed back, he has strong muscle definition throughout his frame and runs a lot tougher than most give him credit for. Most dangerous when starting inside and using his quick feet and vision to bounce outside, but isn't afraid to take it north-south if that's what's needed. Keeps his pads down and legs moving through trash inside, often falling forward for extra yardage. Will be challenged to hang onto the ball when facing strong NFL linebackers.

Outside: Excels outside the tackles. Excellent vision and agility, with elite breakaway speed. Few safeties will get an angle on him once he's past the linebackers. Has the speed to turn the corner. Patient running on stretch and zone plays, able to cutback and blow through a hole. Can press the line, then evade penetrating defenders by bouncing outside with quick feet. Able to leap diving defenders and stay in balance after landing. Doesn't shy away from contact at the second level -- willing to plow through a tackle for an extra yard. Ball security can be an issue, as he gets a little loose with the ball when running outside. A potential Pro Bowl punt and kick returner because of his pure speed, willingness to attack the lane, quick cuts through traffic and superior elusiveness with the ball in his hands.

Breaking tackles: Runs with some lean; elusive and strong enough to avoid defenders in space and run through arm tackles. Quick stop-start move to freeze would-be tacklers or let them fly by if they leave their feet. Head fakes or just out-quicks most any defender in space -- usually at full speed. Isn't big enough to consistently get through the grasp of defensive tackles at the line or the wrap of linebackers, but gives good effort.

Blocking: Doesn't act like a track star playing football. Willing to stand up to ends and linebackers in pass protection, although he lacks the bulk to sustain and may struggle to stay strong against top pro linebackers. Will throw a shoulder into much bigger defenders to chip on a lineman before heading to the flat for a check-down pass. Gives effort to help teammates running downfield.

Receiving: Versatile offensive weapon who catches passes over the middle or in the flat, but will also line up in the slot and on the outside. Lightning-quick and ultra-elusive after the catch, often leaving defenders standing still as he jukes them outside or inside. Blows by safeties in coverage, especially on out-and-up routes. Inconsistent hands as a receiver. Will catch most easy passes with his hands and high-point the ball in traffic, but also has lapses of concentration and short-arms passes when expecting a big hit over the middle. Needs to be crisper coming in and out of his routes to sell them better at the next level. Solid hands on punt returns, and actually catches kickoffs at helmet-height with his hands.

Intangibles: Improved his strength and running toughness over the past couple of seasons to become a more complete running back. Looked to be a leader on offense with James Davis, quarterback Cullen Harper and wide receiver Aaron Kelly no longer on the squad in 2009. No major character issues or off-field incidents. Named to the ACC All-Academic team in 2008.

NFL Comparison: Felix Jones, Cowboys

Joemailman
C.J. Spiller
Height: 5-10⅝ | Weight: 196 | 40-Time: 4.37

Official Bio

Strengths:
Great athlete --- Phenomenal speed and quickness with an amazing burst --- Tremendous acceleration and is actually faster with the pads on --- Extremely elusive and a real terror in space --- Excellent change of direction and good balance --- Terrific vision and patience --- Able to get around the corner with ease --- Strong and runs pretty hard for his size --- Soft, natural hands with nice body control and ball skills --- A pass catching threat out of the backfield and in the slot --- Smart and a hard worker with top-notch intangibles --- An outstanding return man.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the size you'd prefer --- Isn't very physical --- Prefers to bounce everything outside --- Dances too much --- Won't pick up the tough yards --- Not much of a blocker --- Wasn't a workhorse in college and won't be able to carry the load in the NFL --- Durability's a concern.

Notes:
Was also a three-time All-American in track for the Tigers --- Earned All-ACC honors as both a running back and a return man in 2008 and 2009 --- Named the ACC Player of the Year in 2009 --- Unanimous 1st Team All-American as a kick returner in 2009 --- The ACC's career leader in all-purpose yards with 7,588, which is also second in NCAA Division I history --- Set 31 school records at Clemson --- During his college career returned 74 kicks for a 27.7 yard average with an NCAA record 7 touchdowns and returned 53 punts for a 10.7 yard average and 1 touchdown --- Was also a great student who graduated with a Sociology degree in 3½ years --- A threat to score every time he touches the ball from anywhere on the field whether it be as a runner, receiver or returner --- A dynamic playmaker who profiles as a versatile, complimentary weapon, in the mold of a Reggie Bush, at the next level.

Career Statistics
Year GP ATT YDS AVG TD REC YDS TD
2006 13 129 938 7.3 10 19 210 2
2007 13 145 768 5.3 3 34 271 2
2008 12 116 629 5.4 7 34 436 3
2009 14 216 1,212 5.6 12 36 503 4
Totals 52 606 3,547 5.9 32 123 1,420 11

Joemailman
Jimmy Clausen has to be getting nervous.

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Jimmy Clausen has to be getting nervous.

I'm getting nervous too. TT may draft him.

gbgary
04-22-2010, 07:33 PM

they didn't tell him the draft was today. he thinks it's saturday.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:34 PM

they didn't tell him the draft was today. he thinks it's saturday.

LOL....

Brando19
04-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Wonder what it would take to get Lynch from Buffalo?

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 07:35 PM

seeing how much you are getting with draft picks these days...a 5th rounder?

Brando19
04-22-2010, 07:37 PM

seeing how much you are getting with draft picks these days...a 5th rounder?

For a fifth...pull the trigger. A fourth...pull the trigger. A third...think about it. A second...no way.

Sparkey
04-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Tyson AluAlu

Fred's Slacks
04-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Holy Shit. Nice call JH.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Wow, Mayock called it before the pick......

pack4to84
04-22-2010, 07:39 PM
49ers on the clock. Trade

OS PA
04-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Nice pick. Kind of surprising that he went before Brian Price and Dan Williams. Tyson will be good next to Aaron.

Rastak
Tyson.,...

Analysis
Pass rush: Has a good initial burst and hand placement to get into the pads of the offensive tackle and drive him into the pocket. Lacks sustained speed off the edge to rush the passer as a defensive end and likely will be moved inside to tackle in the NFL. Marginal technique as a pass rusher. Relies on a bull rush and strong hands to disengage and uses mostly effort to collapse the pocket. Shows a spin move, but it is slow to develop and generally ineffective.

Run defense: Good initial quickness off the snap. Good lateral agility and balance to slide down the line against the toss and make the tackle at or near the line of scrimmage. Uses his natural leverage advantage and overall strength to anchor at the point of attack. Good upper-body strength to stack and shed in the running game.

Explosion: Provides good initial pop when meeting the blocker. Shows explosiveness in his hands with his ability to shed blocks and gives high effort to close, but only marginal burst.

Strength: Looks lighter on film than his listed weight, but plays with good strength at the point of attack. Relies on his lower-body drive and natural leverage advantage to anchor. Doesn't give up much room and has the quick, strong hands to disengage to make plays at or near the line of scrimmage.

Tackling: Locates the ball quickly and flies to the action. Only marginal flexibility to break down in space, but he's a high-effort pursuit defender willing to launch his body into the air to knock down the ballcarrier. Good strength for the drag-down tackle.

Intangibles: High-intensity player who plays with reckless abandon. Seems to enjoy the physical aspect of the game and is willing to throw his body into the pile. Team captain. Given the team's Brick Muller Award as the defensive line MVP the past three years. Played in all 51 games of his career. Earned Joe Roth Award for best exemplifying courage, attitude and sportsmanship, as well as the Senior Lifter of the Year. Married with two children.

NFL Comparison: Chris Hovan, Buccaneers

OS PA
Here is Jimmy Clausen. Did ESPN just announce that it was only SF first and a fourth to trade down.

Sparkey
04-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Swapped ones and gave up a fourth to move two spots

swede
04-22-2010, 07:43 PM
SF is only jumping one team. They must know something about the phish, or the phish played them.

Rastak
9er's take OT Davis

Analysis
Pass blocking: Hard to beat on the corner from a two-point stance, using a strong upper body to engulf smaller defensive ends. Prototypical kick-slide. Very strong anchor. Adjusts to twists and late blitzes off the edge. Could use a bit more knee bend and maintain better posture, as he will bend from the waist and lunge. Recovery speed is questionable; struggles to get his weight moving back toward the line once out of kick-slide. Has a strong armbar, though, that buys a bit more time when he's beaten.

Run blocking: Strong initial punch; very difficult to push him back off the line. Has the strength and footwork to seal the edge and turn his man out of the hole. Inconsistent keeping his feet moving after initial pop; can dominate his man when he does but often relies too much on his punch to stop the defender.

Pulling/trapping: Displays the quick feet and body control to excel when pulling and trapping, often pushing his guard out of the way when both are on the move. Flexible and agile enough to hit his target and strong enough sustain. Usually just takes out the man in front of him, and may have trouble adjusting to playing coming from inside.

Initial Quickness: Good, not great, off the snap, but makes up for it with a strong initial pop as a pass protector and run blocker. When his target is in sight, he gets to him quickly and usually wins the battle.

Downfield: Gets to linebackers well, knowing his angle and physically dominating most players once engaged. Will bend at the waist at times, allowing better defenders to shed him to make a play as the ballcarrier goes by. Likes to be part of or clean up piles downfield. Usually follows a play downfield to help, but doesn't always hit a target.

Intangibles: Davis' competitive fire and effort have not been as consistent as you'd like for a top prospect. Suspended one game for violating team rules in 2008. Benched for a quarter (but had to report earlier due to injury) against Army in October 2009 because he missed a team meeting. Has had issues maintaining weight, even being demoted to second team before his senior year for reporting overweight. Came to Rutgers as a 363-pound freshman.

NFL Comparison: Chris Williams, Bears

Sparkey
Anthony Davis WOW

OS PA
04-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Why the hell would you trade up for Anthony Davis? Brian Bulaga is still available? Packers trade up for Baby Bulaga?

pbmax
04-22-2010, 07:44 PM

RASTAK!!!

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:45 PM

RASTAK!!!

PB!

How the hell are ya!

swede
Well, this is the spot TT wanted, eh?

pack4to84
Chargers on the clock another trade

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Why the hell would you trade up for Anthony Davis? Brian Bulaga is still available? Packers trade up for Baby Bulaga?

NFL draft is a funny thing.....obviously they like him alot better....who knows, they might be right.

OS PA
Holy cow that's a blockbuster trade. Any idea what the Chargers just traded?

Ryan Matthews? Or Dan Williams?

Rastak
Chargers on the clock another tradeHmmmmmmm, a RB?

Man, 16 friggen spots.

swede
04-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Trade???

Not us :(

swede
04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Your feeds are about five seconds ahead of mine.

Sparkey
04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Dan Williams ?

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Dan Williams ?

Gotta be....

pbmax

RASTAK!!!

PB!

How the hell are ya!
Great. Soccer practice was great. I love watching other people running around!

MJZiggy

RASTAK!!!

+1

Tarlam!

Does anybody have a stream not called NFL.com???? I am going nuts over here!!!

pittstang5
04-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Anyone know what they gave up to move up so far.

Sparkey
Wow, thats way early for him - Ryan Matthews

This is pushing players down to GB !

Rastak
Wow, Ryan Matthews goes high.....they really wanted him, that's for sure.....

Analysis
Inside: Decisive and tough interior runner. Good size and strength to get through the line of scrimmage and the acceleration to break into the secondary. Good balance to take a hit and keep his feet. Runs with good pad level inside and can drag tacklers for extra yardage. Runs with good forward lean to get the tough yards. Good timing and leaping ability for short-yardage touchdowns.

Outside: Good, not great speed to attack the defense at the flanks. Can turn the corner and is quickly moving downhill. Good lateral agility to elude in open space. Good power to run through smaller defenders' arm tackles. Better football speed than track speed. Can pull away in the open field.

Breaking tackles: One of his better attributes. Stronger runner than his weight would indicate. Runs with good pad level in traffic and with good forward lean. Good lower leg drive to push the pile. Best attribute in this area is his determination, as he keeps his legs churning and has an effective spin and stiff-arm to fight through arm tackles for additional yardage. Determined runner.

Blocking: Good effort, technique and strength as a pass blocker. Squares to the defender and supplies a good initial pop. Can absorb the bull rush due to his leverage and strength. Good effort, but only marginal effectiveness as a cut blocker. Good initial pop as a downfield blocker. Has to show more consistency in maintaining his block, as he too often moves on after supplying the initial hit, but doesn't truly lock up the defender. Has improved throughout his career. Looks to hit someone downfield when others' have the ball.

Receiving: Natural hands-catcher. Good body control to twist, make the reception and quickly head upfield. Appears to have the hand-eye coordination to track the ball over his shoulder for wheel routes. Rarely asked to run more complicated routes than simple swings and screens. Good agility, straight-line speed and suddenness to excel in this area.

Intangibles: High effort player who has proven the work ethic to recover from injuries. Was in danger of not making the academic qualifications to play as a freshman, but earned a high enough score on his ACT and has maintained his grades since. No known off-field concerns. Humble. Asked for permission from former Fresno All-American Dale Messer to wear his retired No. 21. Was granted permission from the 70-year old Messer after a face-to-face meeting. Has struggled with durability throughout his career.

pack4to84
04-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Eagles on the clock trade

Rastak

2 and a 4

OS PA

Does anybody have a stream not called NFL.com???? I am going nuts over here!!!

www.veetle.com

download the software, Veetle is AMAZING.

Sparkey
Eagles on the clock! Earl Thomas has to be it!

pbmax
I am way behind, if I want to watch this on a webcast (not video, but GameCast style), where do you folks suggest? You can PM so I don't keep cluttering up the draft thread.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:52 PM

Bulaga
Williams
Thomas
Pouncey?

pittstang5
04-22-2010, 07:52 PM

2 and a 4

Seems cheap if you ask me

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:53 PM

2 and a 4

Seems cheap if you ask me

Deep draft, that 2 is worth a late 1 in many drafts.

pittstang5
04-22-2010, 07:53 PM

Bulaga
Williams
Thomas
Pouncey?

Morgan?

OS PA
04-22-2010, 07:54 PM
My guess Derrick Morgan.

Sparkey
04-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Brandon Graham ?!?!

pack4to84
04-22-2010, 07:55 PM
B.Graham rumor

pittstang5
04-22-2010, 07:56 PM
just heard it's Graham

OS PA
04-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Holy shit that's a reach!

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Eagles take Brandon Graham...

Hmmmmmmmm......

Analysis
Pass rush: Relentless rusher able to pressure the quarterback lining up on the strong or weak side. Lines up at five-technique in some passing situations. Uses his strength, balance and lack of height to get under shoulder pads of tackle. Strong, violent hands to beat his man straight-out or disengage. Lacks a consistent counter move. Has an inside spin move but rarely shows it. Despite his stout build, Graham drops into zone coverage easily and shows some fluidity in space. Backpedal is slow, as expected, but he will still get a shot as a linebacker for a 3-4 team. Lines up wide so he can turn the corner against slower tackles, will struggle to do so against NFL tackles.

Run defense: Can punch the tackle to disengage or maintain the angle to force the action inside when run plays are coming his way. Occasionally gets skinny to penetrate on inside runs. Stays home to contain, watch for bootlegs and stop reverses. Must be more consistent using his hands to defeat cut blocks, although he can still make the tackle after a cut as he recovers fairly well. Has a good motor, works hard to get down the line on runs away from him. Lacks elite speed to chase down NFL backs consistently.

Explosion: Good first step off the ball and pounds his man's jersey on contact when in pure pass-rush mode. Has some pop off the snap when looking for the run, and is able to stand his ground against much bigger linemen. Brings full effort from the first quarter to the fourth, and smells weakness in his opponent. Closes quickly and explodes into the quarterback on a sack.

Strength: Capable of using his lack of height to his advantage, maintaining leverage to hold his ground on the edge. Stacks the tight end and disrupts plays when one-on-one. Can be engulfed by bigger tackles, losing sight of the ball.

Tackling: Above-average arm length allows him to disengage and wrap on running plays to his side, as well as chase down ballcarriers from behind. Does not meet his feet going through trash, making it hard for him to make the tackle when crashing down inside. Stays square and low in space, breaking down to tackle the ballcarrier.

Intangibles: Stepped up his role as a senior from leading by example and becoming a vocal leader who encourages and gets after teammates. Missed two games in 2008 with leg infection. Charged with disorderly conduct in July 2008 for playing music too loud, and failed to show up for trial. Charges were eventually dismissed, and a bench warrant was terminated.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Couldn't they have stayed put and got him....? Or move up a couple?

OS PA
This is where the Pack trade up for Bulaga. If it's gonna happen.

swede
I can't believe teams are giving a first a second and a fourth to get one good player.

Rastak
Seattle takes Clausen?

Sparkey
Is Bulaga going to slide to the Packers pick ?

Fred's Slacks
I was still holding hope that he'd be our pick. Dang.

TheCheese
04-22-2010, 07:59 PM
If we do trade up, hopefully it will be for Thomas.