PDA

View Full Version : Targets For Day Two

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Sergio Kindle - probably won't drop to us

Colt McCoy - I really like the kid. As much as we could draft for need, I personally wouldn't be upset if we took him in round 2.

Taylor Mays - For me, worth taking a chance on after round 1.

Golden Tate - Could add a different dimension to the offense and could be terrific on returns.

Nate Allen - versatile

Chris Cook - Rumors are Thompson likes him

Terrence Cody - Fits the scheme, lazy but could be worth taking a chance on

Eric Norwood - don't know much about him, but one of the experts said today that he could be a solid 3-4 OLB.

Eric Decker - not a need, but I enjoyed watching him play at the U of M.

OS PA
04-22-2010, 11:30 PM
I'd really like to see Perrish Cox either in the second or third.

Dexter McCluster would be an awesome pick.

I want to add another dimension to our team, which means we need to add speed, speed, and more speed with one of these picks.

Koa Misi might be a nice second round gem.

Eric Norwood.

Javier Arenas.

I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up Toby Gerhart or Ben Tate with our second.

Joemailman
04-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Guys who could be available at 56:
Nate Allen

Dexter McCluster

Chris Cook

Jason Worilds

Morgan Burnett

Lurker64
04-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm looking at Jason Worilds, Eric Norwood, or Ricky Sapp at OLB and Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Chris Cook, Jerome Murphy, Perrish Cox, Dominique Franks, Brandon Ghee, or Amari Spievey at CB.

RashanGary
04-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Nate Allen
Jason Worlids
Eric Norwood
Koa Misi
Morgan Burnett
Chris Cook
Lamaar Houston

packers11
04-22-2010, 11:35 PM
we trade up for kindlleeeee... or mays falls to us... would be a great 2nd day :)

Carolina_Packer
04-23-2010, 06:26 AM
I wonder how highly regarded George Selvie from USF is as a DE prospect? I saw him play a few times on TV and he always stood out. http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=216901&Q_SEASON=2009

I wonder if he could be a sleeper for the Pack, although I don't know if he projects as a OLB

What do you think of him?

Fritz
04-23-2010, 07:03 AM
I've heard good things about Worilds, though I've heard too he might be a bit of a developmental guy.

I've also heard the Pack likes Chris Cook.

But who knows how this second round will shake out. Will teams start trading up to get guys like Kindle and Mays?

Fred's Slacks
04-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Gotta believe Kindle and Mays will go quick here. I'm hoping for Misi with this next pick. Then hopefully we can get some DBs after that.

Maxie the Taxi
04-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Unless Packer fans are content to sit through games in 2010 watching elite QB's pick us apart, we better draft someone who can add pressure to the pass rush and/or provide underneath pass coverage.

That means an OLB, a DE and/or a nickle/dime FS/CB with a nose for the ball.

vince
04-23-2010, 07:38 AM
I think a pass-rushing OLB is priority 1 now - even if he's unproven in coverage. That leaves Worilds and Norwood as the top two for me.

I'd also like to see another tackle, a CB, safety and return man.

green_bowl_packer
04-23-2010, 07:51 AM
I wonder how highly regarded George Selvie from USF is as a DE prospect? I saw him play a few times on TV and he always stood out. http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=216901&Q_SEASON=2009

4 posts between time I clicked respond and submit - a lot of repetitive
I wonder if he could be a sleeper for the Pack, although I don't know if he projects as a OLB

I've read on other sites, that Selvie faced double teams every game which allowed JPP to run wild and get drafted higher than he should. It seems Selvie peaked during the 2007 season (unbelievable stats), but he still did make all-conference the following two years so despite the drop in stats he still was recognized for his play.

Not sure his 4.9 40 time stacks up against the cream of the crop guys who are in the the 4.5 - 4.7 range. There's still Kindle, Worilds, Norwood, Schofield and Koa Misi out there too.

On Gil Brandt's best of the rest on nfl.com someone commented that Kindle has microfracture injury and that's why he's out there that was just a blind comment not sure if it's true or what.

Interesting fact Selvie had a car dropped on his head as an infant.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/DE/George-Selvie.php

green_bowl_packer
04-23-2010, 08:06 AM
This is Gil Brandt's - Best of the Rest in our 2nd and 3rd Round Slots

Tier Six (51-60)

Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois; Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland (down from Tier 1); Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota (up from Tier 7); Sean Lee, OLB, Penn State (down from tier 5); Tony Moeaki, TE, Iowa; Eric Norwood, ILB, South Carolina (up from Tier 7); Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida; Al Woods, DL, LSU; Jason Worilds, DL/LB, Virginia Tech.

Tier Nine (81-90)

Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois (down from Tier 8); Donald Butler, LB, Washington (new to Hot 100); Selvish Capers, OT, West Virginia; Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State; Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford; Dexter McCluster, RB, Mississippi; Joe McKnight, RB, USC (up from Tier 10); Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU (new to Hot 100); D'Anthony Smith, DT, Louisiana Tech (up from Tier 10); Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale College..

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d817b78c8&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

pittstang5
04-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Dominique Franks - good CB, also PR and KR experience. Solves a couple problems if you ask me. Is 2nd round to high for him?

I'd take him if he's there.

RashanGary
04-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Daniel Teo-Nesomething-or-other is an interesting pass rush talent in this draft. Good production, really good athlete.

pbmax
04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Pass rush. Don't care if its a small person who will run underneath the RT to destroy the QBs knee, but the Packers need a pass rusher.

red
04-23-2010, 08:50 AM
cody would give us an insane line on running downs

can you imagin a line of raji, cody and pickett/jenkins

i agree that in the second taylor mays is now worth taking

red
04-23-2010, 08:56 AM

agreed, i mentioned him in another thread

he's now looked at as a 4th to 5th rounder. he was a high first rounder if he had come out last year

yes, he was double teamed almost all the time this year allowing JPP to run wild

i think he could still be a special player

Rastak
04-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Vike/Pack remaining picks:

Lots of picks left!

34. Vikes
56. Pack
62. Vikes
86. Pack
93. Vikes
100. Vikes
122. Pack
154. Pack
161. Vikes
167. Vikes
169. Pack
193. Pack
199. Vikes
214. Vikes
230. Pack

Cheesehead Craig
04-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Pass rush. Don't care if its a small person who will run underneath the RT to destroy the QBs knee, but the Packers need a pass rusher.

Absolutely.

Joemailman
04-23-2010, 09:20 AM
I really like Koa Misi. Problem is, he might be a reach at #56, and he might not be there at #86.

Tony Oday
04-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Mays and Decker...I would do backflips if we picked up both of them.

Joemailman
04-23-2010, 09:31 AM
2nd/3rd round mock. http://profootball.scout.com/2/964871.html

Ive seen a number of people who have the Packers taking Hardesty in Round 3.

Does someone trade up to get Clausen?

CaliforniaCheez
04-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Imstead of targeting a player, I'm hopeful that a pretty good player will "fall" to where Ted Thompson will grab him.

green_bowl_packer
04-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Medical issues pushed Kindle out of first round
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 23, 2010 11:08 AM ET
Texas linebacker Sergio Kindle surprisingly didn't get selected in the first round Thursday.

Now we know why.

Several teams had Kindle off their board due to medical issues, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Chip Brown of Rivals.com writes that Kindle's knee was a "serious" medical risk that could require microfracture surgery.

Kindle also takes medication for narcolepsy and ADD, although we doubt those are major issues. Kindle is known for his football intelligence, but his injury risk was too great for teams to take in the first round.

At some point in the second round, we think the risk of his injuries will be worth the reward of his considerable talents.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/23/medical-issues-pushed-kindle-out-of-first-round/

imscott72
04-23-2010, 10:51 AM
we trade up for kindlleeeee... or mays falls to us... would be a great 2nd day :)

that would be smokin hot, but probably not going to happen.

CaliforniaCheez
04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Chris Cook??

Lee, Blackmon, or Underwood would have to go.

packers11
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
they need to draft some OLB . we have very little depth at the pass rushing area... If Brad Jones / Matthews go down for any period of time, we are screwed...

Joemailman
04-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Chris Cook??

Lee, Blackmon, or Underwood would have to go.

Or Josh Bell or Jarrett Bush.

rbaloha1
04-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Taylor mays, Golden Tate or Dexter from Mississippi.

Griffin and Charlie Brown would also be good picks.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Round 2 is usually where we begin to see the Ted Thompson wheeling and dealing. I won't be surprised at all to see a trade or two involving the Packers today.

Chubbyhubby
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Daryl Washington OLB

Washington had his most impressive season as a collegiate football player in his first year as a starter for TCU. Washington lead the Horned frogs with 109 tackles and was clearly the most disruptive defender on the No. 1 defense in 2009. Washington has good height and athleticism for the position but lacks bulk when projecting him at the next level. He has gained 20 pounds over the past year and has a frame to carry additional weight moving forward in the NFL. He is an instinctive player that leverages the ball well and understands angles and run fits in the TCU defensive scheme. Washington is a solid open field tackler and the added bulk has helped his physical presence as a linebacker. He has good range in pursuit and has good lateral quickness and agility to be an effective coverage defender. Washington is a good football player that has been an excellent special teams contributor. He has improved his draft status dramatically by having an outstanding senior season.

If we get this guy in round 2 I'd wet myself!!

steve823
04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
I would love Kindle but I doubt he drops or we trade up.

Sapp, Norwood, and Bowman are all interesting. Also CB Cook would be a good pickup ,but I think we need an OLB before a CB.

Chubbyhubby
04-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Sapp, Norwood, and Bowman are all interesting. Also CB Cook would be a good pickup ,but I think we need an OLB before a CB.

I would too, but I think Kindle would be long gone before we pick... I wonder what TCU's defense scheme is? 3-4 or 4-3 Does anyone know??

steve823
04-23-2010, 02:46 PM

I would too, but I think Kindle would be long gone before we pick... I wonder what TCU's defense scheme is? 3-4 or 4-3 Does anyone know??

I think their base defense is 4-2-5 if I'm not mistaken.

Maxie the Taxi
04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm just saying...

Jordan Shipley will be the most under-rated player in the entire NFL draft next April. Some smart general manager should take the Texas wide receiver in the second or third round and get a tough, strong receiver who runs great routes, rarely drops passes, has speed and returns kicks. He’ll play 10 years in the NFL. Texas is really going to miss him. – The Statesman

Javier Arenas (Alabama) – Many fans may want to throw their computer across the room on this one, because the last thing the Falcons need is another vertically challenged cornerback (Arenas is 5’9). But Arenas has proven that he can play with the best, is extremely talented and tough, great in run support and is an absolute sensation on special teams, as he proved in the Senior Bowl. – Atlanta Journal Constitution

Some NFL scouts have told Arenas that his height is a concern — something the 5-foot-8 Arenas conceded he can’t do much to change. Instead, he compares himself to another small, physical cornerback — Antoine Winfield of the Minnesota Vikings. During the season, Arenas established himself as one of the top blitzing defenders in the SEC. He won’t have that opportunity during Saturday’s game because of anti-blitz rules in the Senior Bowl. Still, Arenas said that can work to his advantage. “Everyone knows I can blitz,” he said. “I want to prove myself from a coverage standpoint. That’s taken care of. I just want to show that I have the ability to cover in man and the ability to play zone.” – Decatur Daily

Austen Lane —Murray State This is the kind of player coaches and scouts drool over. I mean, who doesn’t love an athletic freak with an unrivaled work ethic?

As a pass rusher, he has a “relentless motor” and never gives up on a play. He also has an array of pass rush moves and can beat a tackle going inside or out.

At 6’6” 265 pounds, Lane is a freak who was so athletic in high school that he not only played defensive end, but also wide receiver.

During his senior year at Iola-Sandivavia High School he registered 134 tackles and 14.5 sacks on defense. He also caught 31 passes for 717 yards and 13 touchdowns as a wideout (how was this guy not getting recruited to USC, Texas, and Alabama?!).

He is very good at timing the snap and getting a good jump on offensive tackles. However, carelessness is sometimes an issue for Lane, as he gets called for offsides penalties more than he should (which I guess is never if you ask his coach, but you get my point).

After a strong showing at the senior bowl, his draft stock is rising and should continue to do so after a solid combine. Look for him to come off the board anywhere between the third and fifth rounds. Bleacher Report