PDA

View Full Version : NFL Live

ND72
08-01-2006, 04:40 PM
anybody catch NFL Live today? their Packer Bashing session?

"Brett Favre's interview was nothing but a morality boost. We all know that team is very limited with talent, and a successful season will be 6-10 for that team right now" Sean Salsbury

there was more, but that's what i could remember.

Now, I am one that is optimistic about the year, but also know it could be a long year. But wow. I remember a year ago, NFL Live had the Packers winning the NFC North, yada yada yada...and if you ask my our team is better than it was a year ago. I also remember a year ago, Live talking about how the Bears are a 6-10 team....and look how they did. Just a thought.

red
08-01-2006, 05:07 PM
i didn't catch nfl live

but the guys on PTI said favre is obviously delerious. and they said maybe he's just so old and run down that the lower level talent seems closer to his level now. they said he thinks he's still an elite player and the younger guys are closer to his elite level

BallHawk
08-01-2006, 05:07 PM
I saw it too. Sean Salisbury Is quite possibly the biggest dick on Earth. Here is my 11 things I hate about Sean Salisbury.

1. He thinks he is more knowledgeble than anybody else because he was a QB in the NFL.

2. He fails to note that he was a career backup.

3. He is in bed with the Steelers, Colts, Seahawks, and Patriots.

4. He thinks he's funny and witty

5. He waves his pen around like a samurai sword.

6. His petty fued with John Clayton

7. The fact that he thinks he deserves a website. http://www.seansalisburyonline.com/

8. The fact that on his webstie he said, "This season looks to be an exciting one and I invite you to join me in on the fun."

9. On his website it also says this about Sean. "His knowledge, preparation and enthusiasm for sports are unparalleled." GIVE ME A FUCKIN BREAK.

10. He looks like a used car salesman.

11. He played for the Vikings.

ND72
08-01-2006, 05:16 PM
while i agree that sean is a dick...i will say this...friend of mine's brother worked for the Vikings when sean was there, and I got to meet him once, he was pretty cool, honestly. He was a MONSTER in the weight room. Not even kidding. Shawn would put 315 up on the bench press like it was a pile of sticks. My friends brother Troy, said he was also probably their "smartest" football player, but not the greats football players...soo...yah. I donno, i still hate him...

oh, and you should add to your list of things you hate about salsbury:

11. He played for the Vikings.

BallHawk
08-01-2006, 05:21 PM
It's done. How could I be so stupid and forget that.

BallHawk
08-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Also, I was just watching Jim Rome and they were jumping all over his comment about "this is the best team, talentwise ever." Who the fuck do these guys think they are. They've never played in the NFL(apart from the black guy) and they think they know the team better than Brett Favre. All they are, is a bunch of armchair quarterbacks. Of course, they cut the clip before Brett could say the part about them being inexperienced.

LaFours
08-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Somebody said something to this effect earlier on a different thread:

These guys have had to bite their tongues regarding Green Bay for a decade and a half due to our success. Now that they have the opportunity to rag on Favre & company they are going to do just that. Favre's comments were in direct contradiction to almost everything the pundits are currently saying about this team. Of course they are going to dismiss it in any way possible. The real hilarity will be when this team ends up more closely to Favre's prediction than anybody elses.

The weather may be sweltering but the Kool-aid continues to be ice cold.

Homer Jay
08-02-2006, 04:36 PM
For reasons I still havent figured out I visited Salisburys web site. In his profile it says " The former standout quarterback for USC began his NFL career as a walk-on which he parlayed into an illustrious 10 year NFL career- most of which with the Minnesota Vikings.

Here are his "illustrious" stats. In 1987 he played in 2 games. He went 8-12 for 68 yards, 0 TDs and 2 Ints. He never saw the field from 1988-1991. From 1992 thru 1996 he played in 38 more games, going 256-565 for 3756 yards, 19 TDs and 17 Ints.

His career stats: 577 attempts. 264 completions. 3,824 yards. 45.8 completion %. 19 TDs. 19 Ints. He also added 11 fumbles.

Illustrious?

BallHawk
08-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Sean "Big Fish" Salisbury.

Deputy Nutz
08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Favre wasn't blowing smoke, okay maybe a little, but in all honesty the players of this day and age are way more talented and athletic than the players of ten or fifteen years ago, thats just a fact.

Anyways, just because they have more talent doesn't make them better football player, or a better football team than the ones in the past.

Favre went on to basically say the same thing in his interview but nobody cared to air the whole god damn statement, only the part of that could be construed as outlandish. Sure it sounded outlandish when you cut the part when he said that this team is extremely young and inexperienced.

RashanGary
08-02-2006, 04:50 PM
You're only as good as your last years record in the eyes of the media. They are good at covering the sport, but predicting it, they really have no clue. Pretty much everyone here knows more about this team than most local writers and all national writers. I think there is some biased optimism, but I think the Packers are better than last years record. Time will be the only teller I guess.

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Favre wasn't blowing smoke, okay maybe a little, but in all honesty the players of this day and age are way more talented and athletic than the players of ten or fifteen years ago, thats just a fact.

Anyways, just because they have more talent doesn't make them better football player, or a better football team than the ones in the past.

Favre went on to basically say the same thing in his interview but nobody cared to air the whole god damn statement, only the part of that could be construed as outlandish. Sure it sounded outlandish when you cut the part when he said that this team is extremely young and inexperienced.

Screw the National Media Circus!

All that mattered to me in his Press Conference, was Favre's relaxed demeanor and his very upbeat, yet serious / positive attitude. He answers questions with a good ear to that question. For a farmboy, (not a bad thing) Brett's better at PR, than most reporters, that will never have his integrity.

Brett Favre always comes straight on - with his guts.

GO PACKERS !