PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch anyone?

Patler
04-24-2010, 11:27 AM
JSO pointed out that Lynch might be available soon for nothing, or cheap right now with the Bills having Jackson and now drafting Spiller.

Anyone interested in him now? Many thought the Packers would have a shot to draft him, but the Bills took him first.

packers11
04-24-2010, 11:28 AM
I'd do a 5th/6th rounder... Although hes like Grant, he has fresher legs and is better IMO...

The problem is though, the packers don't have a "burner" and Lynch is def not a "burner" but it looks like they aren't getting one in this draft...

mission
04-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Could we give up a 5th for him? :D

I still like the idea of Westbrook as a third down back. He definitely cant take the load that Philly put him through. They rode him like a rented mule.

Bossman641
04-24-2010, 11:30 AM
I'd be all for making a run at Lynch. When focused, he runs like a man possessed.

Brando19
04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
ESPN said the Seahawks tried to get Lynch today, but the Bills were unwilling to part with him...so they traded for LenDale White and Leon Washington.

Fritz
04-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Well, is he just a lumbering guy now? I don't know much about him.

twoseven
04-24-2010, 04:21 PM
seems to me he has produced from day one, just the attitude that has been lacking. mark me down as a 'yes, please.' have never been a fan of just Grant back there. Lynch IMO would be a great addition to the backfield, and maybe being reunited with AR and getting a dose of WI love will give him a new lease on things. versus Westbrook I think it's a big upgrade, and Lynch is only like 24 I think.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 04:29 PM
When he's healthy, Marshawn is a beast. He runs like a deranged razor back.

On the other hand, he gets hurt because of his reckless style.

Plus, I suspect he's a head case. It was his rap in college.

I don't think he'd like coming into Green Bay knowing he'd have to beat out Grant. He' wants to be Number One Man.

I think a guy like Westbrook would be a much better fit.

twoseven
04-24-2010, 04:39 PM
wouldn't a healthy competition step both their games up? i hear that on wanting to be the man, but what if Lynch were to come in and be the better player? i don't think Grant deserves to be handed the title just because we haven't made a big effort to put a top tier guy next to him. considering that he might cost next to nothing, i'd still rather take the risk that Lynch might bring rather than put a leader who is always one more concussion away from retirement in his place. if were going to risk anything, lets err on the side of miles left on the tires.

Maxie the Taxi
04-24-2010, 07:15 PM
The problem isn't Grant, it's Lynch, IMHO.

twoseven
04-24-2010, 08:34 PM
The problem isn't Grant, it's Lynch, IMHO.i guess i just feel like Lynch should have been our guy to begin with instead of Harrel back in 06', a near miss. i would still like to see a more explosive back aside from Grant on the roster that isn't a project. am also a big fan of westbrook if he can stay on the field and avoid injury. that's been an issue for him at least the last three seasons (knees?).

VegasPackFan
04-25-2010, 12:59 AM
What would be the chemistry with Rodgers? That would be a huge factor.

Tony Oday
04-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Nope. I am enamored with the name but why are they already trying to replace him? I would rather have Westbrook.

Lurker64
04-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Marshawn Lynch is quite possibly the least elusive runner I have ever seen. His running style appears to largely be "run directly into the nearest defensive player and attempt to keep running."

I'm not so sure how well this is going to mesh with a scheme where he's required to identify and hit open gaps.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Not a huge fan of Lynch either. He's had his moments, but so has Grant. Grant is at least durable/available.

twoseven
04-25-2010, 11:29 AM
What would be the chemistry with Rodgers? That would be a huge factor.they played together at Cal, i would hope they already have some chemistry to some degree.

rbaloha1
04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Next years 5th round pick would be fine.

rbaloha1
04-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Marshawn Lynch is quite possibly the least elusive runner I have ever seen. His running style appears to largely be "run directly into the nearest defensive player and attempt to keep running."

I'm not so sure how well this is going to mesh with a scheme where he's required to identify and hit open gaps.

Sounds like Travis jervey. Can he play special teams?

twoseven
04-25-2010, 01:44 PM

I'm not so sure how well this is going to mesh with a scheme where he's required to identify and hit open gaps.he's still sporting a career 4.0 yards per carry average. not shabby.

steve823
04-25-2010, 04:17 PM
http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/marshawn-lynch-mug-shot.jpg

I wouldn't want him just because he looks like a retard :lol:

Seems like more problems then rewards

twoseven
04-25-2010, 04:20 PM
http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/marshawn-lynch-mug-shot.jpg

I wouldn't want him just because he looks like a retard :lol:

Seems like more problems then rewardsdoes he also take shits in dorm closets of old girlfriends?

packers11
04-25-2010, 04:49 PM
sure hes only averaging a 4.0 ypc... put ummm , do you remember what team he plays for? They are stacking the hell out of the box, and daring Brohm / Trent Edwards / whatever other scrub they put in at QB to throw it on them...

If he was on the packers he would easily make our running game better... Ryan Grant is average, Lynch is above average...

steve823
04-25-2010, 05:36 PM
sure hes only averaging a 4.0 ypc... put ummm , do you remember what team he plays for? They are stacking the hell out of the box, and daring Brohm / Trent Edwards / whatever other scrub they put in at QB to throw it on them...

If he was on the packers he would easily make our running game better... Ryan Grant is average, Lynch is above average...

He's also a criminal. Plus Buffalo apparently isn't trying to trade him anymore.

Brando19
04-25-2010, 05:45 PM

He's also a criminal. Plus Buffalo apparently isn't trying to trade him anymore.

Which I stated near the beginning of this thread...lol.

twoseven
04-25-2010, 05:46 PM

If he was on the packers he would easily make our running game better... Ryan Grant is average, Lynch is above average...only and 4.0..those don't belong together. hey man, i am already on the 'i want lynch' wagon if he is actually available.

swede
04-25-2010, 07:16 PM

If he was on the packers he would easily make our running game better... Ryan Grant is average, Lynch is above average...only and 4.0..those don't belong together. hey man, i am already on the 'i want lynch' wagon if he is actually available.

You're forming a Lynch party?

twoseven
04-26-2010, 04:00 AM

You're forming a Lynch party? :lol: let me watch Blazing Saddles again first, want to be sure I am doing it right.

Tarlam!
04-26-2010, 05:36 AM
Ryan Grant is average

After seeing the statistical comparison between Grant and AP that Patler recently posted, you don't have a real case for this statement.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-26-2010, 07:25 AM

You're forming a Lynch party? :lol: let me watch Blazing Saddles again first, want to be sure I am doing it right.

I'm always down for a good lynching.

Bretsky
12-01-2011, 09:34 PM
A BUMP FOR OLD TIMES SAKE; LYNCH HAS LOOKED GOOD LATELY

bobblehead
12-01-2011, 09:56 PM

That settles it. TT should have traded the pick that netted cobb for Lynch.

edit: If he had, we might have had a good enough running game to win the superbowl last year.

HarveyWallbangers
12-01-2011, 10:59 PM

Weak bump. Lynch has looked crappy for 2 1/2 years, and you bump this because he's having a good 5 game stretch? :)

Lynch went into this game averaging 3.9 yards/carry. In 6 years, his career BEST for a season is 4.1 yards/carry.

He did look good in what little I watched of this game though.

Bretsky
12-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Weak bump. Lynch has looked crappy for 2 1/2 years, and you bump this because he's having a good 5 game stretch? :)

Lynch went into this game averaging 3.9 yards/carry. In 6 years, his career BEST for a season is 4.1 yards/carry.

He did look good in what little I watched of this game though.

I was bored and watching Lynch so I bumped it; you go bump some stuff then :)

This season has almost been too easy; we don't have anyting to debate about and I'm way out of ideas for game day threads. I think I ran out of them about five weeks ago

HarveyWallbangers
12-01-2011, 11:22 PM
This season has almost been too easy; we don't have anyting to debate about and I'm way out of ideas for game day threads. I think I ran out of them about five weeks ago

I agree with you, old friend. And I mean old. :)

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 12:21 AM
This season has almost been too easy; we don't have anyting to debate about

There's always the intense and repetitive excitement of debating Austin/Nelson.

Scott Campbell
12-02-2011, 05:56 AM

B,

That ain't how you bump a thread.

Your pal,

Scott

pbmax
12-02-2011, 08:33 AM
I was bored and watching Lynch so I bumped it; you go bump some stuff then :)

Suck it up mister! One week at a time! Grind, grind, GRIND!!

:clap:

Upnorth
12-03-2011, 09:16 AM
On the other hand, Lynch now comes with a skittles machine, so now the choice is Cobb vrs Lynch+skittles. Decisions Decisions.

gbgary
12-03-2011, 10:52 AM
There's always the intense and repetitive excitement of debating Austin/Nelson.

or if we should give finley away. :D

for the record...i love skittles. i segregate them by color and eat them...if i have the time.

Brandon494
12-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Explain to me again why we wouldn't have Cobb if we would have traded for Lynch when he was dealt for a 4th round pick.

Bretsky
12-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Explain to me again why we wouldn't have Cobb if we would have traded for Lynch when he was dealt for a 4th round pick.

Yes, that would be an interesting explanation seeing nobody was ever considering giving up a 2nd, which is where Cobb was selected

Alex Green was our 3rd rounder in 2011
Devan House was our 4th rounder in 2011

Freak Out
08-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Anyone?

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/cornmoe1.jpg

MJZiggy
08-07-2012, 06:33 PM
That's the worst crop circle I have ever seen. Whatever alien drew that needs a spirograph or something.