PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker glowing?

GoPackGo
08-01-2006, 06:09 PM
courtesy of fanball.com
THE NEWS
The Broncos open the preseason in Detroit, the site of Javon Walker's prohibitive knee injury last season, but the recovering receiver isn't likely to suit up in week one of the exhibition slate. "I'm here to play in the regular season. That's my focus and I'll be ready," Walker told the Denver Post. "If coach wants me to play in the preseason, I will. It's all up to him." The former Packer had an outstanding practice on Monday and hauled in a "spectacular" touchdown.

Our View
Reports on Walker's recovery continue to be nothing but glowing. We'll be watching closely in preseason games two and three for a glimpse of the explosiveness he had in his breakout 2004 season. If we see it, he'll be climbing up our cheat sheets in a hurry.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-01-2006, 06:29 PM
I really am starting to hate that trader........ :evil:

billy_oliver880
08-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Should I really care? I don't think he is going to be as spectacular? or "glowing" as they think.

Rastak
08-01-2006, 08:30 PM

He didn't trade anything, TT is the trader. I guess Walker could be called a traitor.

Noodle
08-01-2006, 08:37 PM
I'd call him a "Difference Maker."

One that we foolishly let get away while our GM learned on the job how to do his job.

OMG! I sound like Tank! Someone, quick, get me to the Betty Ford clinic!

But we really did blow it with Walker.

Deputy Nutz
08-01-2006, 08:46 PM
I can tell you something, I am going after Walker in Fantasy Football. Everyone can write that down

b bulldog
08-01-2006, 09:19 PM
We have no WR like him on our roster. Walker is a game breaker, he can make QB's look good.

Bretsky
08-01-2006, 09:40 PM
I'd call him a "Difference Maker."

One that we foolishly let get away while our GM learned on the job how to do his job.

OMG! I sound like Tank! Someone, quick, get me to the Betty Ford clinic!

But we really did blow it with Walker.

GREAT POINTS NOODLE

b bulldog
08-01-2006, 09:48 PM
TT made a mistake and so did Brett. I agree with what Brett said although the whole organization backed Brett and let Walker out to dry. It was just a real bad situation.

Oscar
08-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Too bad Walker got hurt last year.... He could have won it all for us.... All by himself.....Least thats what everyone seems to think now that he plays for Denver.. I remember alot of people saying let him rot on the bench... :evil: Rot in hell you evel man!!!! :D OK. Its beer time...

Partial
08-01-2006, 10:03 PM
I can tell you something, I am going after Walker in Fantasy Football. Everyone can write that down

Not if I get him first :razz:

Joemailman
08-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Maybe we should have a special forum just for discussing Javon Walker. He didn't want to be a Packer. He isn't a Packer. That works for me.

woodbuck27
08-01-2006, 10:10 PM
He's gone too bad,so we let go of him.

BallHawk
08-01-2006, 10:16 PM
What's done is done. And who knows, maybe if we kept Walker we wouldn't of drafted Greg Jennings. :mrgreen:

ahaha
08-01-2006, 10:21 PM

He was such a dynamic player just entering his prime. But he was also a greedy, idiodic crybaby. He had it all right in front of him. A great quarterback, a good reciever opposite to take pressure off of him, adoring fans, and a big payday right around the corner. But then he took a huge steamin' dump on all of it.
It's a love/hate realationship with some of us bitter Packer fans. It's hard to let go. He broke my heart, that son of a bitch!

woodbuck27
08-01-2006, 10:25 PM

He was such a dynamic player just entering his prime. But he was also a greedy, idiodic crybaby. He had it all right in front of him. A great quarterback, a good reciever opposite to take pressure off of him, adoring fans, and a big payday right around the corner. But then he took a huge steamin' dump on all of it.
It's a love/hate realationship with some of us bitter Packer fans. It's hard to let go. He broke my heart, that son of a bitch!

You are annoyed! :mrgreen:

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2006, 10:27 PM

TT got full market value for Walker.

If Packers had held-on to Walker, it probably would have led to worse.

Yes, nobody in Packerland liked the trade, but there was no better option.

the_idle_threat
08-01-2006, 10:37 PM
He's "glowing?" What ... is he pregnant?

Zool
08-02-2006, 07:47 AM
He's "glowing?" What ... is he pregnant?

He just had sex in an elevator.

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/syahda/mallrats/renenbrodie.jpg

LaFours
08-02-2006, 08:09 AM

Now I'm confused...are we talking about Davenport or is Walker now into defecating on stuff as well. His ex-girlfriends better lock their closets if they know what's best for them.

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2006, 08:23 AM
http://www.sequelsolutions.biz/javonglow.jpg

GoPackGo
08-02-2006, 02:02 PM

careful nutz, last year a guy in my league picked dante culpepper in round 1 and javon walker in round 2. needless to say he didn't win the league. injuries can kill your fantasy team

Rastak
08-02-2006, 02:05 PM

careful nutz, last year a guy in my league picked dante culpepper in round 1 and javon walker in round 2. needless to say he didn't win the league. injuries can kill your fantasy team

Actually that guy was probably relieved when Culpepper got hurt last year....man was he brutal. I took him in the first round of the JSO league last year, sparing Bretsky all the pain.

Patler
08-02-2006, 02:53 PM
courtesy of fanball.com
THE NEWS

Our View
Reports on Walker's recovery continue to be nothing but glowing.

Apparently they did not read the report about a second "clean-up" operation, or the one about less than full range of motion 7 months after the surgery. Neither of these is a "glowing" report, and neither is an expected occurrence, even if not uncommon. With any player like Walker, Poppinga, Green etc. no report really matters until they actually play in games.