PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Draft Grades from NFL Fan House

channtheman
04-26-2010, 11:09 AM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/25/2010-nfl-draft-grades-final-verdict/

Some of the notables.

Chicago (Day 1: Inc.; Day 2: A-): Only five picks and none in Rounds 1 and 2. Chicago made three really solid selections: S Major Wright (No. 75), DE Corey Wootton (No. 109) and QB Dan LeFevour (No. 181). That said, the Bears only addressed their OL at No. 218 with J'Marcus Webb. Final Grade: B-

Detroit (Day 1: A; Day 2: A-): Find the weak link here. Go on. You can nitpick on RB Jahvid Best (No. 30), CB Amari Spievey (No. 66) or OT Jason Fox (No. 128), but they were all good picks at positions of need. Even DE Willie Young (No. 213) should get in the rotation. Oh yeah, and there's that Suh guy. Final Grade: A

Green Bay (Day 1: B; Day 2: B): OT Bryan Bulaga got the Pack rolling at No. 23. They'll get mixed reviews on DL Mike Neal (No. 56), S Morgan Burnett (No. 71) and TE Andrew Quarless (No. 154), a really questionable pick. RB James Starks at No. 193 could bump this group up down the road. Final Grade: B[/b]

Minnesota (Day 1: B+; Day 2: B+): Traded out of the first round, then scored with CB Chris Cook at No. 34, RB Toby Gerhart (No. 51) and DE Everson Griffen (No. 100). Nothing special happened on Day 3, but keep an eye on LB Nathan Triplett, a guy the Vikings need to compete. Final Grade: B

Jacksonville (Day 1: F; Day 2: F): What a train wreck. The Tyson Alualu (No. 10) and D'Anthony Smith (No. 74) picks back-to-back made no sense. And DE Larry Hart (No. 143) was a reach as well. DE Austen Lane (No. 153) was a fine pick, but did the Jags really need RB Deji Karim at No. 180? This entire draft was hard to figure. Final Grade: D-

And then I just included these because I think this guy has some fuzzy math. How does Jacksonville grading an F and an F equal a D-? Can't just give out an F?

Kansas City (Day 1: A; Day 2: C+): Only two Day 3 picks and neither's an immediate impact player. S Eric Berry (No. 5) was an obvious call, then the Chiefs landed OL Jon Asamoah (No. 68) and TE Tony Moeaki (No. 93) to finish Day 2 strong. Taking Dexter McCluster at No. 36 and Javier Arenas at No. 50 drags this grade down. Final Grade: B

Oh yeah, Kansas City had a bad 3rd day in the draft because neither are immediate impact players. Yeah, since you know all of those 3rd day picks that every other team had are going to immediately start. I'm not going to claim to be able to analyze the draft and know what I'm talking about, but a lot of this guys logic seemed contradicting and didn't make much sense to me.

Lurker64
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
As a rule of thumb, people who grade drafts immediately after they happen are idiots. If for nothing else, they're idiots for doing it.

swede
04-26-2010, 12:19 PM
As a rule of thumb, people who grade drafts immediately after they happen are idiots. If for nothing else, they're idiots for doing it.

Thank you Lurker.

That really needed to be said, and you said it well.

Chicago A? They drop back to a C for having lost two picks before the draft started.

No one gets an A until the draft class shows they can play for a full season.

SkinBasket
04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
It's hard to agree or disagree with any of those grades when they offer zero reasoning or analysis deeper than the pick "made no sense" or was "really questionable."

cheesner
04-26-2010, 01:49 PM

Right. Because there is no possible way to know if a player is going to be successful or not. These teams that do scouting are foolishly wasting their money.

And lets not bother talking about who is the superbowl favorites. You can't tell until after the superbowl. We can discuss it then.

Packgator
04-26-2010, 11:00 PM

But if they are going to do it.......it's always nice seeing the Vikings get a D.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36771874/ns/sports-nfl/page/3/

Lurker64
04-26-2010, 11:06 PM

But if they are going to do it.......it's always nice seeing the Vikings get a D.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36771874/ns/sports-nfl/page/3/

I kind of like it when they Get an A (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/04/26/z.draft.grades/index.html) :twisted: