PDA

View Full Version : 30 for 30 Run Ricky Run

Brandon494
04-27-2010, 08:02 PM
anyone watch it?

I thought it was the best one yet and I have a completely different view on Ricky Williams.

Maxie the Taxi
04-27-2010, 08:23 PM
What the hell are you talking about? :)

Tony Oday
04-27-2010, 08:25 PM
http://30for30.espn.com/

Lurker64
04-27-2010, 08:26 PM

There was a documentary about Ricky Williams's strange journey on ESPN tonight. They're replaying it on ESPN2 at 10 Central, if anybody wants to catch it.

Brandon494
04-27-2010, 08:32 PM

There was a documentary about Ricky Williams's strange journey on ESPN tonight. They're replaying it on ESPN2 at 10 Central, if anybody wants to catch it.

Thanks for the info Lurker.

Pretty much the media made it seem like Ricky Williams quit football because he was a pothead(which I think a lot of us believed). This film shows it had a lot more to do with his personal issues in his life but I'm glad he turned it around in the end.

Maxie the Taxi
04-27-2010, 08:54 PM

Thanks for the info Lurker.

Pretty much the media made it seem like Ricky Williams quit football because he was a pothead(which I think a lot of us believed). This film shows it had a lot more to do with his personal issues in his life but I'm glad he turned it around in the end.

Thanks. Sounds interesting.

Guiness
04-27-2010, 09:19 PM
haven't seen it, but want to

RW is pretty hard to define, no doubt about it. The part we saw, with him leaving Miami, them going after the $6million signing bonus, out of football for a year, signing with the CFL and breaking a leg, returning to the NFL and Miami - you can't make up something that good!

BobDobbs
04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
I've always been interested in Ricky Williams as a player and a person. This is an article from a few years ago after he had left the league. He had gotten back from traveling in asia and was studying healing arts in Grass Valley California. There's definitely some quotes that you don't usually read in the sports section.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/11/21/MNGN59V84P1.DTL

pbmax
04-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Post of the Day. Straight, short, to the point. :lol:

swede
04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Post of the Day. Straight, short, to the point. :lol:

Maxie usually beats his inner curmudgeon into submission. Not that time.