PDA

View Full Version : Wakka Wakka Wakka

Lurker64
04-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Oh dear lord: http://twitter.com/Schottey/statuses/12967142817

#Breakingnews The Green Bay Packers have been in contact with FA CB/KR/PR Adam "Pacman" Jones about a possible tryout.

Joemailman
04-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Who is Schottey?

mission
04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
better than bush, wont get in trouble in gb.. could be a koren robinson situation

4th/5th cb / kr / pr league minimum

why not?

MadScientist
04-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Maybe it's just a rouse to get Detroit to sign him so either he will be a distraction that will keep them from improving, or so they won't look at someone that the Packers are really interested in.

Robinson was an idiot boozer who was lucky not to kill anyone. Pacman was an asshole at a club and got thrown out, then came back with friends who started shooting people. I'd be much more inclined to give Robinson a second chance than Packman.

Gunakor
04-28-2010, 04:14 AM
better than bush, wont get in trouble in gb.. could be a koren robinson situation

4th/5th cb / kr / pr league minimum

why not?

Won't get in trouble in Green Bay? A trouble maker will find a way to get into trouble no matter where he is. And you don't have to be a notorious trouble maker to get in trouble, even in Green Bay. Ahman Green has been in trouble for domestic violence in Green Bay. Nick Barnett had his deal in Appleton. Now Johnny Jolly has his legal troubles to deal with. Just because K-Rob kept his nose clean doesn't mean Pacman will.

Pacman would find a way to get into trouble while employed by the Packers. Trust me. He has not only the ability to do that, but also the desire to do that. Same as everywhere else he's been. It might not happen in Green Bay, during the football season, but if it happens during the offseason while partying with his boys in Texas it still happens on the Packers watch.

I truly, truly hope that there's no serious interest in him from Thompson. No way I'd want him on my team.

Tarlam!
04-28-2010, 05:15 AM
Agree in principal, Gun. However, knowing how TT does business, I could see him creating a contract that has all sorts of behaviour clauses and field time clauses in it to protect the organization. Think K-Rob and Charles Woodson.

Wasn't he oustanding when he played for Ten? I don't rightly remember, since I mostly only focus on the NFC North. I do remember he did nothing all too special in Dallas.

My guess is he misses being a millionaire and might just have matured enough to keep his nose clean.

Fritz
04-28-2010, 05:46 AM
Detroit's got an interest, and didn't Pacman play in Tennessee when Schvantz was coaching the defense?

I think Tar is right - the guy didn't do much in Dallas, did he?

Ah, but the specter of replacing Jarrett Bush once again rears its head.

Is that guy the most despised Packer, along with Darryn Colledge?

retailguy
04-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Who is Schottey?

Joe Arrigo? :huh:

hoosier
04-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Who is Schottey?

Never heard of him, but judging from the link he is a self-styled sports reporter who covers the Lions on Twitter and such things. So his information should definitely be taken with a grain of salt. But his post-draft "power poll" does provide conclusive evidence of a sense of humor. Check out the Ravens at #10, being sure to go through the whole "slide show." And take my advice: this one is not fit for meal-time viewing!! :lol:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/385313-nfl-offseason-power-rankings-summer-blockbuster-edition

rbaloha1
04-28-2010, 11:23 AM
TT strikes again. Bring it on!

Gunakor
04-29-2010, 12:22 AM
Agree in principal, Gun. However, knowing how TT does business, I could see him creating a contract that has all sorts of behaviour clauses and field time clauses in it to protect the organization. Think K-Rob and Charles Woodson.

Wasn't he oustanding when he played for Ten? I don't rightly remember, since I mostly only focus on the NFC North. I do remember he did nothing all too special in Dallas.

My guess is he misses being a millionaire and might just have matured enough to keep his nose clean.

But you know Goodell's policy. If a player gets into trouble, it's not just the player that gets disciplined by the league. The team does too. That policy is in place so that teams don't bring guys like Pacman into camp in the first place. The whole point is to keep guys like Pacman out of a league which prides itself on it's image. So even if TT puts in a whole bunch of behavior clauses in his contract, should Pacman violate those clauses it's possible the Packers would be disciplined by the league regardless of the fact they put those clauses in his contract. No matter how talented Pacman is/was/could be, it's not worth the risk IMO given his notorious history.

As an aside, you are one who wants Colledge cut or traded because he's not Packer People, and his biggest flaw is that he's full of himself. It seems a bit strange that you'd be on Colledge's case for his contract squabbles but you would be okay with giving Pacman a shot as a Packer. Certainly we can agree that Pacman has much bigger flaws than simply being full of himself...

Tarlam!
04-29-2010, 12:43 AM
[quote=Tarlam!]It seems a bit strange that you'd be on Colledge's case for his contract squabbles but you would be okay with giving Pacman a shot as a Packer. Certainly we can agree that Pacman has much bigger flaws than simply being full of himself...

Strong argument there, Gun. I don't know if you remember, but I was extremely vocal about giving K-Rob a chance in Green Bay.

But I was also equally vocal that we should trade Javon and McKenzie.

So, I see a pattern in my behaviour; If a Packer get too big for his britches, my knee jerk reaction is to let 'em go. If a non Packer that's been in trouble is remorseful, I'm a big hearted guy. Except Rapistberger. And Vick.

You're prolly correct, though. Jones' past is pretty shocking and it's hard to imagine that leopard changing his spots.

CaliforniaCheez
04-29-2010, 07:31 AM
1) What always amazes me is how many Packer fans fall this type garbage "rumor" !!

2) When it comes to the rumors:

Some are hoaxes like people who fake alien UFO encounters.
Most are started by an agent attempting to create talk about their client.
Some are done humorusly just to see how gulible people are - like Elvis sightings.

3) Reporters used to feel obligated to confirm information they put out.
Then they at least flt the desire to consider or think about what they wrote.
Now they print anything anyone tells them to print or some 2 bit blog garbage.

4) If you have any self respect as a human you ought to at least think and consider what garbage is being thrown at you. Consider who has an interest in creating the rumor.

Ted Thompson will rarely confirm or deny any rumor.
He says generic things like "We look at every free agent." "We get trade offers all the time. We consider them if they make sense and can inprove our team."

Absence of a denial does not make a rumor true.

The only thing I pay attention to on Twitter are people observing training camp practices.

pbmax
04-29-2010, 10:45 AM
I had heard before the draft (when the rumored team was just the Lions) that in addition to losing a step and effectiveness on returns, that he struggled in coverage with the Cowboys. McGinn echoes that in his latest chat. I am skeptical of both the report and how much he helps.

Lurker64
04-29-2010, 10:59 AM
1) What always amazes me is how many Packer fans fall this type garbage "rumor" !!.

If I may paraphrase my good friend Nelson Muntz, you gotta speculate about something.

pbmax
04-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Never knew there were semi-pro writers, from his Bio off Twitter:

Semiprofessional Sports Journalist @ DraftTek, Bleacher Report and guest writer at MLive.com Member of PFWA (Pro Football Writer of America)

Is the PFWA exclusive? Or could I pay $25 membership fee, put out a e-zine or blog and then vote for MVP?

Lurker64
04-29-2010, 07:46 PM
http://twitter.com/packer_update/status/13099645356

Can anybody verify this?

pbmax
04-29-2010, 08:46 PM

Can anybody verify this?
There is nothing on the Sporting News Radio website. If we knew which show, we might be able to track it down.

And the only current story on him at the regular site is about how he has texted Schwartz about playing for the Lions.

Brandon494
04-29-2010, 08:53 PM

Can anybody verify this?

Yea I heard it today on the "2 Live Stews" radio show which airs on sporting news radio. It was really nothing big IMO, he was jus listing teams.

Brandon494
04-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Found an audio link

http://twaud.io/T92

Brandon494
04-29-2010, 09:00 PM
He'll fit right in Green Bay :lol:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6504/pacmangreenbay.png