PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the Packers ROY this season?

Brandon494
04-29-2010, 05:36 PM
On defense my pick is Morgan Burnett

I'm extremly excited about having two ball hawks at both safety positions. Bigby had his big hits but we all know how crappy he was in coverage, which hurt us in a lot of games. I just hope he doesn't get beat deep a lot biting on too many plays. The ACC isn't a very strong QB league. Hes a smart kid though and I trust Perry to teach him well. Hopefully he'll beat out Bigby in camp and be our starter week 1.

On offense my pick is James Starks

Finally a RB with pass catching ability!!!!! The guy has great size as well at 6'2". I saw plenty of sites having this guy as one of the top RBs coming out last season until he injuried his shoulder. He also has the speed and skills to be a KR. Much rather see him returning kicks than Nelson. Hopefully Edgar can improve his blocking to get this kid on the field as our 3rd down back this season.

Gunakor
04-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Quarless could be dangerous in a 2 TE set with Finley. They can both stretch the field, forcing one on one coverage on at least one of our Pro Bowl caliber WR's. Safeties would have to play deep, very few LB's are going to keep up with either of them. It should open up the run game a bit too. I think what his stats are at seasons end are only a part of what he brings to the offense. If I had to pick today, Quarless would be my prediction on offense. Of course, Chad Clifton could go down in week 1 and Bulaga might step in and finish as the best rookie lineman drafted by anyone in 2010. So you never know.

Burnett on defense, no doubt about it. I love that pick.

Joemailman
04-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Mike Neal. If Harrell can't make it back, and Jolly is suspended and/or convicted (both probabilities, in my opinion), Neal should see plenty of playing time both in the base and nickel defense.

Gunakor
04-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Good point about Neal. He has a shot, I won't discount his potential contribution. I just expect Burnett to win the starting job outright and see 80% or more of the defensive snaps for the entire season regardless. That's a lot of time to shine. If he comes to us as advertised, he's gotta be the early favorite.

CaliforniaCheez
05-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Frank Zombo! Packers # 47

http://www.zombo.com/