PDA

View Full Version : Favre needs ankle surgery to play in 2010....

BlueBrewer
04-30-2010, 10:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5150940

He just keeps throwing Green Bay under the bus. He says it would be an easy decision if he did not have such a sense of belonging last year, he likes to draw pictures on Childress' head with a dry erase marker while he blows him, never had a bald coach in GB. What a douche.

pbmax
04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
AWOOGA - AWOOGA - AWOOGA

Single thread for non-Packer topics violation! Someone get the cuffs! Call the militia! DEFCON 1 DEFCON 1

But seriously, I think this surgery has a good chance for success and someone who is quick to heal, a willingness to undergo a stringent rehab, a high pain tolerance and has a burning desire to play again will be ready for training camp by August 22nd.

Tony Oday
04-30-2010, 10:23 AM
I am not saying the immortal one isnt iron tough but he is getting to the age when surgery recovery isnt a given. He isnt a mobile QB anymore...he is hardly even slippery anymore...this could make him a tree back there and with McKinnie guarding his back he might get really hurt this year.

***Edit***

he didnt through GB under the bus he said he had the same thing here as in purple...I can imagine JA and Favre talk all the time...that would be a great locker room!

BlueBrewer
04-30-2010, 10:25 AM
AWOOGA - AWOOGA - AWOOGA

Single thread for non-Packer topics violation! Someone get the cuffs! Call the militia! DEFCON 1 DEFCON 1

But seriously, I think this surgery has a good chance for success and someone who is quick to heal, a willingness to undergo a stringent rehab, a high pain tolerance and has a burning desire to play again will be ready for training camp by August 16th.

I hope you are wrong, but I doubt it. Oh and sorry about the thread, I know we are so jammed up with other breaking news in this intense offseason activity. :roll: (not directed at Max just the stupid rule)

ThunderDan
04-30-2010, 10:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5150940

He just keeps throwing Green Bay under the bus. He says it would be an easy decision if he did not have such a sense of belonging last year, he likes to draw pictures on Childress' head with a dry erase marker while he blows him, never had a bald coach in GB. What a douche.

I didn't read it that way.

BlueBrewer
04-30-2010, 10:43 AM
I am not saying the immortal one isnt iron tough but he is getting to the age when surgery recovery isnt a given. He isnt a mobile QB anymore...he is hardly even slippery anymore...this could make him a tree back there and with McKinnie guarding his back he might get really hurt this year.

***Edit***

he didnt through GB under the bus he said he had the same thing here as in purple...I can imagine JA and Favre talk all the time...that would be a great locker room!

he said “ This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 -- much like Green Bay for many years. That's what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a sense of belonging.” I took the many years to mean that it was like that for a time in GB, and he did not feel that he fit in later in his GB career. IMO he chose not to fit in because of his problem with management.

Tarlam!
04-30-2010, 10:45 AM
I hope you are wrong, but I doubt it. Oh and sorry about the thread, I know we are so jammed up with other breaking news in this intense offseason activity. :roll: (not directed at Max just the stupid rule)

I think it's an excellent rule and has done wonders in keeping this place civilized.

BlueBrewer
04-30-2010, 10:48 AM

I think it's an excellent rule and has done wonders in keeping this place civilized.

There are at least 5 non-packer threads on the board at any given time. Does this get jumped only because it has the F word in the title?

mission
04-30-2010, 10:52 AM

There are at least 5 non-packer threads on the board at any given time. Does this get jumped only because it has the F word in the title?

Pretty much :lol:

Naw, I'm usually the one who cries "FAVRE THREAD OFFENDER!!" but saw the thread title and didn't think twice about it; just clicked.

So by my standards, I guess it's ok :D

Tarlam!
04-30-2010, 10:52 AM

The rule is exclusive to the F-word. Other non Packer threads are fine as long as they're about football.

Whether or not this thread gets parked elsewhere is up to ownership. I just post here.

MadScientist
04-30-2010, 10:54 AM
The rule in principle was fine, but one thread can become ridiculous in size. Once a thread hits ~500-1000 posts it should be locked and a new one started. It's not just the BF thread. The draft thread would have been more manageable if it were split by days. The non-Packer games thread would make more sense if done one per week.

mission
04-30-2010, 10:59 AM
I just think people were getting tired of MOBB posting brand new threads of a youtube video with Favre shooting a Wrangler commercial or something and him saying something "funny".

That stuff is annoying as hell.

Lurker64
04-30-2010, 11:35 AM
This is Favre's "skip training camp, show up in September excuse", nothing more.

Zool
04-30-2010, 11:40 AM
This is Favre's "skip training camp, show up in September excuse", nothing more.

Also gets people talking about him again. Something that's barely happened since January.

Tony Oday
04-30-2010, 11:43 AM

Also gets people talking about him again. Something that's barely happened since January.

It is an already accepted idea in purple country that he isnt coming to training camp per PA on KFAN. I think this is a real injury and he could have trouble with this one. My question is does he want to retire as the only guy never to miss a start or maybe go out on a bad note this year?

MichiganPackerFan
04-30-2010, 11:46 AM

Bite me, Tarlam!

Tarlam!
04-30-2010, 12:01 PM

Bite me, Tarlam!

Only if you bite me first, MPF.

CaptainKickass
04-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Ok I need everyone to clap your hands together for this next song:

Fuck Brett Favre!

Fuck the Minnesota Vikings!

(that's it..good)

Fuck Brett Favre!

(All right now - everybody try...)

Fuck Brett Favre!

(Ok good job on the clapping....some of you white people try it now!)

Fuck Brett Favre!

Allright, alright....now I want the left side of the room to to chant "Fuck Brett Favre! "

And I want the right side of the room to chant "Fuck the Minnesota Vikings! "

ok...more clapping now....

Here we go...left side!

Fuck Brett Favre!

And now Right Side!

And again left side!

Fuck Brett Favre!

And now Right Side!

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on......

Tarlam!
04-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Geez, I thought MPF was kidding around. Guess not. I know I was.

Deputy Nutz
04-30-2010, 12:22 PM

Absolutely. This news leak just re-ups the chances of Favre coming back to the Vikings. I was happy to hear it.

I am sure it is just a "clean up", and he is going to draw it out, so his rehab will take him until the second, maybe even the third week of training camp.

Smart move.

swede
04-30-2010, 12:23 PM
If this were the Enterprise Jordy and Data would be working feverishly to create a containment field around this thread.

Get the escape pods ready!

Deputy Nutz
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM

Nonsense, he was on the Jay Leno Show in late febuary or early March and just at the beginning of the month he announce that he was a proud grandpappy.

So he has gone almost a month without being in the headlines.

pbmax
04-30-2010, 12:25 PM

It is an already accepted idea in purple country that he isnt coming to training camp per PA on KFAN. I think this is a real injury and he could have trouble with this one. My question is does he want to retire as the only guy never to miss a start or maybe go out on a bad note this year?
I am not a doctor and I AM willing to play one based on pictures only. That ankle looked pretty rough (and yes, I too believe the picture was released to deflect the INT criticism by focusing on something else) in the photos released by Brett's agent. So surgery doesn't surprise me.

Neither does the fact that he waiting until May to have it done. :lol:
I never recognized the similarities between later career Brett and Shaq.

Administrator
04-30-2010, 12:26 PM
AWOOGA - AWOOGA - AWOOGA

But seriously, I think this surgery has a good chance for success and someone who is quick to heal, a willingness to undergo a stringent rehab, a high pain tolerance and has a burning desire to play again will be ready for training camp by August 16th.

Well, I'm the guy with the rule, and YES, it is the rule.

I'm going to leave this for now, because I really don't feel like moving 20+ posts, but I want all the Favre stuff in one thread, because it is easier for me to monitor it that way. I'm not reading two dozen Favre threads just because folks think their details are "important enough" for their own thread.

BlueBrewer if you read the posts on the first page, you'll see this this is already starting to get combative. If I feel like consolidating it after that happens, I will, if not, I'm deleting it.

If you have issues with the "Favre rule" I invite you to PM me and we'll discuss it.

Thank you - Joe.

pbmax
04-30-2010, 12:31 PM
I am pretty sure he was kidding.

bobblehead
04-30-2010, 12:37 PM

Fuck you PB :shock:

pbmax
04-30-2010, 12:43 PM

Fuck you PB :shock:
I love you too, Bobble. You monster-headed lover of figurines.

:D

Was it Fritz that said he imagined every poster as if they looked like their avatar?

RashanGary
04-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Just somethign to think about. . . Brett's pretty old. He's at that age where performance enhancers would really help him hold on. How does the policy work? If he doesn't show up, does he avoid testing until he comes in?

The past few years, he's clearly manipulating around, trying to miss camp. There has to be more of a reason than, "I just ond't want to go to work with my teammates yet".

MichiganPackerFan
04-30-2010, 01:16 PM

Bite me, Tarlam!

Only if you bite me first, MPF.

It's a deal.

(was kidding- just was away from my computer for a bit trying to do my weekly one hour of real, actual work!)

MichiganPackerFan
04-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Was it Fritz that said he imagined every poster as if they looked like their avatar?

I think it was. I am certainly influenced by that. My longtime avatar is an cropped excerpt from the hip flask that was sold on the Packers website a few years back. I plan to toss back a few this weekend, so in my case it's oddly accurate.

:alc:

RashanGary
04-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Brett Favre has always been very aware of what other people think and has been really good at knowing how to get people to believe in him.

I saw a 1992 interview where he said taking a shot, as a QB, would get the guys to rally around you. He said QB's who lay down instead of stand in there, lose the support of the team. He was aware of that when he was 22.

Now he's at a point in his career where he lays down instead of taking any shot. His solution is to always exaggerate how hard he has it. Now he's completely non committal to his team. He's completely aware how it looks. His solution is to make sure to put a clever twist that he really cares.

The guy is a class A narcissist and manipulator. He does not care about anyone but himself. Those guys in Minnesota, he doesn't care about them any more than he cared about hte Jets or Packers. He cares about himself, attention and money. That's it.

Lurker64
04-30-2010, 01:25 PM
If this were the Enterprise Jordy and Data would be working feverishly to create a containment field around this thread.

I may have to fly my geek flag a little bit here.

Jordy:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/10/12/2008259543.jpg

Geordi:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_35kDzNt-gTQ/SPfbhb4U4pI/AAAAAAAAA9o/fhMiScxp3NM/s400/GeordiLaForge.jpg

Joemailman
04-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Just somethign to think about. . . Brett's pretty old. He's at that age where performance enhancers would really help him hold on. How does the policy work? If he doesn't show up, does he avoid testing until he comes in?

The past few years, he's clearly manipulating around, trying to miss camp. There has to be more of a reason than, "I just ond't want to go to work with my teammates yet".

No Justin, I think that's pretty much it. If MM had said Favre can show up whenever he's ready, which is what Childress has done, I don't think Favre ever would have retired from the Packers. He just doesn't want to do that stuff anymore.

RashanGary
04-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Damn, that's pathetic. And to sit there and pretend like you're Mr. Commitment and are doing it for other people. Puh-leeze.

The guy is a slime ball, but he never ceases to shock me with new levels of slimeballery.

Brandon494
04-30-2010, 02:47 PM
His ankle is fine, just another way for him to skip training camp.

Scott Campbell
04-30-2010, 03:09 PM
That's what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a sense of belonging.”

A sense of belonging?

Is he looking for a football team or a new church?

Is he looking for teammates, or people to pray to him.....errr.....with him?

Tony Oday
04-30-2010, 03:14 PM
That's what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a sense of belonging.”

A sense of belonging?

Is he looking for a football team or a new church?

Is he looking for teammates, or people to pray to him.....errr.....with him?

I am not a fan of current Favre but I think all he is saying is there are some older guys that share his interests there...what is he going to talk about with a 22 year old here? I think JA keeps him young.

Bossman641
04-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Further clarification from the traitor

I want to add to the information provided in the article that was published this morning on ESPN’s website. Given the reaction to the article, and the typical conclusion jumping, I thought I’d clarify a few things.

While my ankle has been bothering me, the injury is not debilitating. For example, I’m able to work around my property without any problems. Sure – certain exercises cause some ankle pain, but it’s nothing that I haven’t experienced (or played with) before. In fact, many people don’t realize that I injured my ankle before the NFC Championship game. I’ve had surgery on this ankle twice before, and I’ve played with the pain before. The hits I took throughout the 2009 season, including the Saints game, just added to the ankle pain and likely caused some bone spurs.

I don’t believe major surgery on the ankle would be required for me to return in 2010. I’ve consulted with Dr. Andrews on the phone, and a relatively minor procedure could be done to improve the dexterity of the ankle, and to relieve the pain. I’ve put up with pain worse than this in my career, and I didn’t want anyone to assume that the possibility of surgery was the sole factor that would determine whether I return or not. Some people reacting to the ESPN story have made this assumption. I don’t blame them for doing so, given that the term “surgery” often covers a variety of procedures, some more complex than others.

The ankle pain is a factor, but one of many factors that I’ll need to consider in making my decision. Other factors include the input of my family, and the wonderful experience that I had last year with the Vikings.

mission
04-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Not only does it get him out of training camp but it also gets him a bit out of the NFC championship game. The injuries sustained on his ankle were "so bad" that he has to get surgery to even play again (and maybe if that wouldn't have happened (from roughing the passer no less!), there would be another SB champ).

Granted, I'm definitely building this up but since I'm with JH's theory on his 'master of manipulation' then it all seems to fit nicely together.

*cue dramatic cinema music*

swede
04-30-2010, 04:14 PM

I may have to fly my geek flag a little bit here.

Jordy:

Geordi:

Well done. you've earned an hour in Ten Forward.

swede
04-30-2010, 04:24 PM
I want to add to the information provided in the article that was published this morning on ESPN’s website. Given the reaction to the article, and the typical conclusion jumping, I thought I’d clarify a few things.

While my ankle has been bothering me, the injury is not debilitating. For example, I’m able to work around my property without any problems. Sure – certain exercises cause some ankle pain, but it’s nothing that I haven’t experienced (or played with) before. In fact, many people don’t realize that I injured my ankle before the NFC Championship game. I’ve had surgery on this ankle twice before, and I’ve played with the pain before. The hits I took throughout the 2009 season, including the Saints game, just added to the ankle pain and likely caused some bone spurs.

I don’t believe major surgery on the ankle would be required for me to return in 2010. I’ve consulted with Dr. Andrews on the phone, and a relatively minor procedure could be done to improve the dexterity of the ankle, and to relieve the pain. I’ve put up with pain worse than this in my career, and I didn’t want anyone to assume that the possibility of surgery was the sole factor that would determine whether I return or not. Some people reacting to the ESPN story have made this assumption. I don’t blame them for doing so, given that the term “surgery” often covers a variety of procedures, some more complex than others.

The ankle pain is a factor, but one of many factors that I’ll need to consider in making my decision. Other factors include the input of my family, and the wonderful experience that I had last year with the Vikings.

My Favre irritation is waning since he's not my problem anymore.

I would remark that I cannot think of another athlete who handles public attention quite the same way he does. He seems to crave it when it's not there, and he feeds a little information to the press if he hasn't gotten a taste in a while. But then he seems to be annoyed by speculation and unflattering commentary and goes out of his way to correct and add to what's out there before he disappears again.

At least he's not messing with my team.

CaptainD
04-30-2010, 04:53 PM
AWOOGA - AWOOGA - AWOOGA

Well, I'm the guy with the rule, and YES, it is the rule.

I'm going to leave this for now, because I really don't feel like moving 20+ posts, but I want all the Favre stuff in one thread, because it is easier for me to monitor it that way. I'm not reading two dozen Favre threads just because folks think their details are "important enough" for their own thread.

BlueBrewer if you read the posts on the first page, you'll see this this is already starting to get combative. If I feel like consolidating it after that happens, I will, if not, I'm deleting it.

If you have issues with the "Favre rule" I invite you to PM me and we'll discuss it.

Thank you - Joe.

I agree with JOE. To take it further what does Favre have to do with the Green Bay Packers? He is a member of another ball club not a currant packer which is the forum category?
I don't see a running topic on each former player so frankly I would say Joe that maybe the Forum could use an NFL football topic for everything NFL that's not related to the Packers...just a thought.

Fritz
04-30-2010, 05:24 PM
"While it previously seemed Favre was almost certain to return to the Vikings, his comments Friday reveal a player who appears to be seriously conflicted."

Replace "Vikings" with "Packers" and this is a line that has appeared in many a Favre story over the years.

The more things change, etc.

pbmax
04-30-2010, 06:24 PM
I agree with JOE. To take it further what does Favre have to do with the Green Bay Packers? He is a member of another ball club not a currant packer which is the forum category?
I don't see a running topic on each former player so frankly I would say Joe that maybe the Forum could use an NFL football topic for everything NFL that's not related to the Packers...just a thought.
Actually, there have been running threads on former players, old teams and non-specific Packer stuff for a long time. Long before Joe was cursed with this place. :lol:

But Brett leaving/exiled cut a little close to home for some and it got very personal. Its not unusual, Football Outsiders has a thread specifically dedicated to Irrational Brady versus Manning debates.

Some people just cannot restrain themselves from making it personal.

Iron Mike
04-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Just somethign to think about. . .The past few years, he's clearly manipulating around, trying to miss camp. There has to be more of a reason than, "I just don't want to go to work with my teammates yet".

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/23152/childress-favre-can-skip-camp

gbgary
04-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Ok I need everyone to clap your hands together for this next song:

Fuck Brett Favre!

(that's it..good)

Fuck Brett Favre!

(All right now - everybody try...)

Fuck Brett Favre!

(Ok good job on the clapping....some of you white people try it now!)

Fuck Brett Favre!

Allright, alright....now I want the left side of the room to to chant "Fuck Brett Favre! "

And I want the right side of the room to chant "Fuck the Minnesota Vikings! "

ok...more clapping now....

Here we go...left side!

Fuck Brett Favre!

And now Right Side!

And again left side!

Fuck Brett Favre!

And now Right Side!

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on......

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/lol.gif

MichiganPackerFan
05-01-2010, 10:06 AM
A co-worker came up to me yesterday and said "F[word] watch is on". My response was simply "I could give a shit. I've already paid my dues in that category." I'd love to have the opportunity to beat on them twice next season, but I've already been through this experience and I don't need it again. No ESPN (relentless hype) until the season begins.

Deputy Nutz
05-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Damn, that's pathetic. And to sit there and pretend like you're Mr. Commitment and are doing it for other people. Puh-leeze.

The guy is a slime ball, but he never ceases to shock me with new levels of slimeballery.

Honestly, do you ever listen to what the admin has to say? You can't resist taking your digs at Favre and spreading your BS all over the place when the name Favre gets brought up.

Talk football! why is that so hard for you? Three straight posts and all you did was rip on him.

You are a real piece of work.

Why don't you get banned for the 4th time.

Pugger
05-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Nutz, what is wrong with dissing the starting QB of a divisional rival? I'm sure you wouldn't care if he bashed Cutlet or Stafford. It bothers you because he's bashing a former Packer that was the face of the franchise for many years that you still hold in high regard. As long as that duffas is wearing a purple jersey he can go to blazes as far as I'm concerned.

Scott Campbell
05-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Ladies and gentlemen - this is what the Favre thread is for.

Deputy Nutz
05-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Ladies and gentlemen - this is what the Favre thread is for.

you are absolutely right. We were just talking about an ankle injury, and Harrell decides to bring up PIDs. Then crack on Favre's personality, instead of keeping it about the topic.

Everyone bitches about Joe's rules, and flames the guy, but the problem is with with us I guess. We have no self control, and need moderation and some admin to hold us to his rules if we want to use an internet forum. God how pathetic are we?

Deputy Nutz
05-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Nutz, what is wrong with dissing the starting QB of a divisional rival? I'm sure you wouldn't care if he bashed Cutlet or Stafford. It bothers you because he's bashing a former Packer that was the face of the franchise for many years that you still hold in high regard. As long as that duffas is wearing a purple jersey he can go to blazes as far as I'm concerned.

He can flame all he wants, but why do it in this thread? as I stated above this was about an ankle injury. There is another thread if Harrell wants to express his opinions about anything else Favre.

TennesseePackerBacker
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I haven't Favre bashed in awhile. I'm praying he comes back. If only for the reason that I can't wait to see him fall flat on his face again. The NFCCG was a microcosm of Favre's career.