PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit says Saints covered up stolen Vicodin

Jimx29
05-01-2010, 10:10 PM
hmmmmm......

By BRETT MARTEL, AP Sports Writer Brett Martel, Ap Sports Writer – 2 hrs 53 mins ago

NEW ORLEANS – Less than three months after their thrilling victory in the Super Bowl, the New Orleans Saints have been accused by their former security director of trying to cover up the theft of prescription pain pills from the club's drug locker.

One of those involved was head coach Sean Payton, two people familiar with the case told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the suit. Payton and the Saints denied the allegations, and Payton was not named in court papers.

The lawsuit, filed Friday by Geoffrey Santini, a former FBI agent who resigned from the club in August 2009, alleged one senior staff member stole Vicodin pills while another was given an amount large enough to constitute abuse.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fbn_saints_drug_lawsuit

pbmax
05-01-2010, 10:42 PM
The other person involved (according to the claim) was Joe Vitt, former Packers coach. Vitt supposedly had a medical reason to take the pills. Payton had none, again according to the complaint. And one of them was accused of stealing. Payton was also accused of taking enough Vicodin to constitute abuse.

Vitt coached for Ray Rhodes I believe. One year only for the Packers.

swede
05-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Roger Goodell must be sharpening his blades like Big Bill in Gangs of New York.

Fines, suspensions, DRAFT PICKS?

The Leaper
05-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Goodell only hits players up for infractions.

You can beat your wife, girlfriend, or an assistant coach...and still have a job as a head coach in Goodell's NFL.

Just don't try any of that stuff if you are a player.

falco
05-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Not to bring up the F word, but I wonder if Favre's admitted addiction to painkillers would have come under scrutiny under Goodell's watch. I don't recall any ramifications of it when it occurred, although my memory is less than stellar.

Scott Campbell
05-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Not to bring up the F word, but I wonder if Favre's admitted addiction to painkillers would have come under scrutiny under Goodell's watch. I don't recall any ramifications of it when it occurred, although my memory is less than stellar.

The penalties for substance abuse is covered in detail by the CBA now. I don't think Goodell has much latitude.

pbmax
05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Even if he could, I doubt Goodell wants to open that can of worms 14 years or more after the fact. Just think of the number of cases he would have to review to be consistent.

I wouldn't mind revisiting the Broncos salary cap violations in 1998 though. :D

ThunderDan
05-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Even if he could, I doubt Goodell wants to open that can of worms 14 years or more after the fact. Just think of the number of cases he would have to review to be consistent.

I think he means that if Goodell was the commish back in the days that Favre was using not dragging old cases back up for review.

pbmax
05-03-2010, 12:57 PM

I think he means that if Goodell was the commish back in the days that Favre was using not dragging old cases back up for review.
Wow. That's two misreads in one day. I'm posting like the Brewers are playing.