PDA

View Full Version : The next Randy Moss?

packers11
05-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Jerry Jones moved up to 24 and made sure not to skip Dez Bryant because he has been haunted after passing up on Randy Moss...

www.rotoworld.com

:Cowboys coach Wade Phillips stated Sunday that Dez Bryant is the most impressive rookie he's seen practice "in 33 years of coaching."

This is despite Bryant allegedly being out of shape. "Dez Bryant is an absolute talent, you don't see that many come in and look that good that early," Phillips said. "There's not very many that I can say look that talented at their position for a three-day period." It sounds like Bryant is going to play early, which is great news for Tony Romo and bad for Roy Williams.:

Do you think this guy is going to turn out into the "next randy moss".... I know the packers didn't need a receiver and got really good value with Bulaga but if he is the "next randy moss" i'd be pretty pissed we missed out lol...

Thoughts?

hoosier
05-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I do not find the Moss-Bryant comparison convincing, in part because of the obvious difference in measurables and in part because, until someone actually does it, I tend to see Moss's 1997 season as one in a million.

Moss's blazing speed (4.25 40), height (6'4")and amazing jumping ability made it so he could either run by his defender or come back for the underthrown deep ball. The normal DB really had no good way to defend him: if you try to jam him and miss, it's a touchdown; if you give him a cushion he is open for shorter stuff or he might get you on a go pattern with one of those intentional underthrows.

Bryant does not have Moss's speed (reported 4.52 40) or height (6'2") and has been away from competetive football for a full year. I find it much easier to imagine an experienced, physical CB like Al Harris neutralizing him. If Bryant were some day to max out his potential he would probably be more of a Larry Fitzgerald type receiver. But don't look for him to come close to being Fitzgerald like this season.

RashanGary
05-02-2010, 08:23 PM
He'll probably be more like a Sterling Sharpe than a Randy Moss. If he ends up having a long career, who knows, he could be one of the greatest players of this era. Never know.

The Leaper
05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Dez is no Randy Moss.

Jerry still probably made a good move in the draft though, because Dez is a good player.

TennesseePackerBacker
05-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I sometimes wonder if Jerry is P.T. Barnum reincarnated.

Scott Campbell
05-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Congrats to Dez Bryant for looking great in shorts.

CaptainKickass
05-03-2010, 10:46 AM
He could be the next Mandy Ross. :D

Fritz
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm guessing he'll be the next Jerry Jones bad move.

Brando19
05-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Congrats to Dez Bryant for looking great in shorts.

Homo. :wink:

twoseven
05-04-2010, 04:08 AM
didn't Cowboy nation get all happy when Pacman joined on as well? The organization gets excited pretty easily if you ask me, especially considering they only just won their first playoff game since the 90s (i believe) a few months back, and the potential difference makers added to the roster in that same amount of time (TO, Pacman, Roy Williams, Terry Glenn, Joey Galloway). Miles Austin (their best WR IMO) was undrafted and a project in 2006. Jerry and Coach Phillips and the rest of the organization getting all excited is hardly cause for alarm if you ask me.