PDA

View Full Version : C-Wood in 2010

falco
05-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Any reason to think he won't be the front runner for defensive MVP?

Does another year in the system get balanced out by another year older?

Will teams gameplan towards him more, or had they already done that enough last year?

I think his ability to make game changing plans (ff, int, def TDs, great deflections, etc) makes him a flashier candidate than a shutdown type corner like Revis.

Tony Oday
05-02-2010, 09:17 PM
you cannot expect him to play as well as '09 but damn would it be cool!

Bretsky
05-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Just a thought

Al Harris being healthy and Woodsen being allowed to make game changing plays are closely linked.

We need Al to get healthy

jmbarnes101
05-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Just a thought

Al Harris being healthy and Woodsen being allowed to make game changing plays are closely linked.

We need Al to get healthy

Or Tramon to get better/steadier and than get 1-2 players from that next group to actually stay healthy. I think either way is a better situation for C-Wood.

falco
05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Or Tramon to get better/steadier

FWIW, I think Tramon was a starting quality corner last year. I don't think he was a dropoff from Al Harris. I DO think that Bush was a dropoff T-Will.

T-Will has the ability to be a pro-bowler in the next 2-3 years, given the opportunity.

The Leaper
05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Woodson ain't playing better in 2010 than he did in 2009...and our defense won't lead the league in turnovers either. That doesn't mean we won't be good. We will likely be playing a more difficult schedule and might not get as many lucky bounces in our favor.

Tony Oday
05-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Woodson ain't playing better in 2010 than he did in 2009...and our defense won't lead the league in turnovers either. That doesn't mean we won't be good. We will likely be playing a more difficult schedule and might not get as many lucky bounces in our favor.

Yes we will! TO +/- is going to be through the roof! :)

packerbacker1234
05-03-2010, 02:32 AM

Last I checked, Jay Cutler and the Detroit Lions are still on our schedule twice a year. Something tells me were bound to produce lots of turnovers yet again. It's not like it was some freak fluke last season, we have been pretty good with turnovers really since woodson showed up.

Scott Campbell
05-03-2010, 03:35 AM
Any reason to think he won't be the front runner for defensive MVP?

No, I don't think so. Age. History (not many win it twice in a row).

twoseven
05-03-2010, 06:28 AM
just the odds alone are against it.

the award dates back to 1971, only 6 players in its history have won the honor more than once: Joe Greene, Lawrence Taylor, Mike Singletary, Bruce Smith, Reggie White, and Ray Lewis. LT is the only 3 time winner AND the only player to ever earn the honor in back to back seasons (81', 82').

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Defensive_Player_of_the_Y ear_Award#NFL_Defensive_Players_Of_The_Year

another interesting note, only 6 times was the award given to a player on a team that did not make the postseason. 11 of the winners played on a team that won the SB that year the player won the award.