View Full Version : Packers sign Gore

CaptainKickass
05-03-2010, 12:58 PM
No, Not Frank Gore

Not Al Gore

Not even Tipper Gore......

Source:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/92633919.html

Green Bay -- Shawn Gore, a 6-foot, 198-pound receiver from Bishop’s University in Quebec, Canada, is one of the 28 tryout players who received a contract offer and signed Sunday, according to a Twitter posting by his agents at X-A-M Sports and confirmed by an NFL source.

MadScientist
05-03-2010, 01:16 PM
He was at the time of signing a 10th round selection in the CFL draft. I don't know if that means that they did not rate him highly or if they figured he'd sign in the NFL so he wasn't worth a higher pick.

Good luck to him. He can make a few bucks through the OTA's until the draftees sign. Perhaps he'll be a practice squad candidate or get some CFL seasoning. If he surprises and sticks, even better.

sepporepi
05-03-2010, 01:46 PM
He was at the time of signing a 10th round selection in the CFL draft. I don't know if that means that they did not rate him highly or if they figured he'd sign in the NFL so he wasn't worth a higher pick.

No he was the 10th pick overall :shock: :shock: :shock:

Whatever that means in the CFL :lol:

hoosier
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM

Good luck to him. He can make a few bucks through the OTA's until the draftees sign. Perhaps he'll be a practice squad candidate or get some CFL seasoning. If he surprises and sticks, even better.

The JSO blog had him as the 10th pick overall in the Canadian draft. I suspect, however, that the 10th overall pick and a 10th round pick would be equal longshots to make the Packers roster. :lol:

Scott Campbell
05-03-2010, 02:34 PM

The JSO blog had him as the 10th pick overall in the Canadian draft. I suspect, however, that the 10th overall pick and a 10th round pick would be equal longshots to make the Packers roster. :lol:

With only 8 teams they'd be pretty short rounds anyway.

MadScientist
05-03-2010, 02:54 PM

No he was the 10th pick overall :shock: :shock: :shock:

Whatever that means in the CFL :lol:
One of these days I'll learn to read. :oops:

I wonder if he will be able to sign some sort of "If I don't stick in the NFL ..." deal with the Canadian team? Although the money is so different, he could make more for a year on the practice squad than a year in the CFL.

gbgary
05-03-2010, 09:06 PM
i hear he's the next dez bryant. really i did.

packerbacker1234
05-09-2010, 09:10 PM
ANything is possible. Good players have come from the canada league in the past, so who knows? If anything he is just fighting for a special teams spot.

MJZiggy
05-09-2010, 10:14 PM
No, Not Frank Gore

Not Al Gore

Not even Tipper Gore......

Source:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/92633919.html

Green Bay -- Shawn Gore, a 6-foot, 198-pound receiver from Bishop’s University in Quebec, Canada, is one of the 28 tryout players who received a contract offer and signed Sunday, according to a Twitter posting by his agents at X-A-M Sports and confirmed by an NFL source.

Dammit and I was hoping they were finally gonna start recycling in the front office.

Guiness
05-10-2010, 01:16 AM
One of these days I'll learn to read. :oops:

I wonder if he will be able to sign some sort of "If I don't stick in the NFL ..." deal with the Canadian team? Although the money is so different, he could make more for a year on the practice squad than a year in the CFL.

That's pretty much the way it operates up here. Players drafted by the CFL go for NFL tryouts and return to the team that has their rights if they don't make it. There is some sort of an agreement regarding players under contract, but I can't remember what it is.

get louder at lambeau
05-10-2010, 02:36 AM
Tipper Gore is a horrible bitch of a human.

CaptainKickass
05-10-2010, 03:37 PM

Yeah, completely agree. She caught her daughter listening to Wasp's song "Fuck Like a Beast" as well as some other nice 80's rock music and decided she would crusade against such "evil". She created the PMRC (Parental Music Resource Center) which was directly responsible for the "Explicit Lyrics" stickers you'd find on Records/Tapes/CD's. Anyone remember Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister and Ted Nugent in congressional hearings in the 80's? That's right - congressional hearings. Tipper was trying to "blame" teen suicides on rock/metal music like Kiss, AC/DC, etc etc.

Fucking whore.

How does this relate to football and the Packers you might ask? All I can say is if she had her way - some of the "between play" music you hear at live games including Lambeau field would've had to be "approved" by her self righteous group. Basically deciding what is or isn't suitable for public listening based on their religious beliefs and views on "morality".

MadScientist
05-10-2010, 05:16 PM
How does this relate to football and the Packers you might ask? All I can say is if she had her way - some of the "between play" music you hear at live games including Lambeau field would've had to be "approved" by her self righteous group. Basically deciding what is or isn't suitable for public listening based on their religious beliefs and views on "morality".

Not to defend Tipper (what the hell kind of name is that?) but since the games are televised, the music content has to pass FCC anyway, so I can't see her busybody organization having any effect.

CaptainKickass
05-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Not to defend Tipper (what the hell kind of name is that?) but since the games are televised, the music content has to pass FCC anyway, so I can't see her busybody organization having any effect.

Haha! Yes of course - but how many times have you heard the intro from AC/DC's "Hells Bells" at a game? Quite a bit for me. If Tipper had it her way - they wouldn't be able to play that because the title of the song contains the word "hell" and might cause children/people in the audience to spontaneously commit suicide.

On a side note as I try to not veer too far off topic - I wonder this: when she goes to a restaurant before a football game (veiled attempt to relate this to football) if her name has any bearing on how she applies gratuity to her waitress/waiter? Is she a "good" tipper or a "lousy" tipper?

get louder at lambeau
05-10-2010, 11:00 PM

I wrote this when I was drunk, and I feel kinda bad for calling Tipper a horrible bitch. She's really more of a hideous c_nt. Sorry Tipper.

Tarlam!
05-11-2010, 01:44 AM

I wrote this when I was drunk, and I feel kinda bad for calling Tipper a horrible bitch. She's really more of a hideous ****. Sorry Tipper.

I think this is BOMNF! But, in the interest of respecting our female rats and any female guests that might be visiting our site, I politely ask that you edit you post. I'm sure they can take it, but we should offer some semblance of decency :oops:

get louder at lambeau
05-11-2010, 11:16 AM

I wrote this when I was drunk, and I feel kinda bad for calling Tipper a horrible bitch. She's really more of a hideous ****. Sorry Tipper.

I think this is BOMNF! But, in the interest of respecting our female rats and any female guests that might be visiting our site, I politely ask that you edit you post. I'm sure they can take it, but we should offer some semblance of decency :oops:

Alright. Since you asked nicely. :wink: Although I think many females would probably agree with me on that one.

And what the c_nt is BOMNF, anyway?

Tarlam!
05-11-2010, 03:02 PM

Beer Outta My Nostrils Funny. Coined by the Blue Dog when we all still over at JSO and I laughed so hard (while taking a chug on my own beer) that I immediately could relate to what he meant.

get louder at lambeau
05-11-2010, 03:04 PM

Beer Outta My Nostrils Funny. Coined by the Blue Dog when we all still over at JSO and I laughed so hard (while taking a chug on my own beer) that I immediately could relate to what he meant.

Glad you thought so. It's funny because it's true.