PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation in GB for Vikings Game

Tarlam!
05-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I am thinking of going to this game and I wanted to take my kids along. I thought renting a motor home and seeing a bit of the country might be the way to go.

Can anybody tell me if there's a decent camping site within a taxi ride to Lambeau? Is the availabilty for sites as scarce as hotel rooms?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Patler
05-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Depends how much you are willing to pay for the Taxi.
AJ Hawk paid $1K for a taxi ride from Minneapolis to get to OTAs last year!

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090801/PKR01/90801040/Hawk-took-1K-cab-ride-for-voluntary-OTA

Lots of campgrounds within a $1,000 ride from Green Bay! :lol: :lol:

hoosier
05-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I wonder if Hawk remembered to tip...

Freak Out
05-04-2010, 05:27 PM
If you have an RV is shouldn't be a problem to find some parking nearby....even if it's the Walmart parking lot. Don't they still allow RV parking in there lots as long as it's not for a long period of time?

Little Whiskey
05-04-2010, 05:52 PM
If you have an RV is shouldn't be a problem to find some parking nearby....even if it's the Walmart parking lot. Don't they still allow RV parking in there lots as long as it's not for a long period of time?

if it was in detroit, i'd say the RV would be better than most of the homes!

MichiganPackerFan
05-05-2010, 09:50 AM

City proper for sure - I think you can buy a six pack (of houses) there for about $10.

There are some really nice places outside of Detroit proper.

Little Whiskey
05-05-2010, 01:44 PM

City proper for sure - I think you can buy a six pack (of houses) there for about $10.

by outside of detroit proper do you mean west of lansing? :lol:

MichiganPackerFan
05-05-2010, 03:28 PM

by outside of detroit proper do you mean west of lansing? :lol:

No - That's where i used to live and all there is there is the dutch!!!

Ann Arbor is a ways out, but there are also suburbs much closer in that are very attractive. I'd certainly rather live in the detroit area than in lansing!

Little Whiskey
05-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Dutch in Lansing? i thought they kept them in Holland? or do they just make their annual pilgramige for tulip-fest?

retailguy
05-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Dutch in Lansing? i thought they kept them in Holland? or do they just make their annual pilgramige for tulip-fest?

A few of them escaped years ago, and live in hiding.

MPF, where did you hail from? My wife used to hire a really nice old guy from Holland to carve shoes for their Dutch festival. He was a hoot, and an old coot too. :P

We visited them a couple years back. Was interesting. Also ate at a fantastic Italian/Greek restaurant in Grand Rapids.

MichiganPackerFan
05-06-2010, 08:07 AM

MPF, where did you hail from? My wife used to hire a really nice old guy from Holland to carve shoes for their Dutch festival. He was a hoot, and an old coot too. :P

We visited them a couple years back. Was interesting. Also ate at a fantastic Italian/Greek restaurant in Grand Rapids.

Dutch are in Grand Rapids and Holland. I lived in GR (near downtown) for 14 years before moving to DC last summer. What was the restaurant you ate at? Or at least where was it?

retailguy
05-06-2010, 08:31 AM

Dutch are in Grand Rapids and Holland. I lived in GR (near downtown) for 14 years before moving to DC last summer. What was the restaurant you ate at? Or at least where was it?

It was this place. It's been over two years, but my wife still talks about it. I think they have banquet facilites too, and there was a very large wedding the night we were there. Restaurant was very good and almost empty, but there were people everywhere attending the wedding...

http://www.notosoldworld.com/site/

MichiganPackerFan
05-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Didn't even click the link. I was there once - celebrated my college graduation there YEARS ago. It was quite good as I recall. We looked at doing our wedding celebration there, but it was Waaaaaaay over what my wife and I wanted to spend on it (and when your wife is actively monitoring the budget for that event, you KNOW she's a keeper!)

Deputy Nutz
05-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I am thinking of going to this game and I wanted to take my kids along. I thought renting a motor home and seeing a bit of the country might be the way to go.

Can anybody tell me if there's a decent camping site within a taxi ride to Lambeau? Is the availabilty for sites as scarce as hotel rooms?

If you do this, you need to pick me up on the way.

retailguy
05-06-2010, 01:59 PM

If you do this, you need to pick me up on the way.

He's taking his kids. No way he gets within a hundred miles of you. :wink:

Tarlam!
05-06-2010, 03:55 PM

I think Nutz would be an life enriching experiencing for the kids, RG. My biggest headache is that if I pass by his place, his twin will be waiting with him, thumb extended.

Could I dare expose Skin and Nutz in the same decade to my kids, let alone trip to Lambeau? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SkinBasket
05-06-2010, 05:15 PM

I think Nutz would be an life enriching experiencing for the kids, RG. My biggest headache is that if I pass by his place, his twin will be waiting with him, thumb extended.

Could I dare expose Skin and Nutz in the same decade to my kids, let alone trip to Lambeau? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to be pretty fucking pissed if you don't come see me. My wife wants to meet the only guy in the world I'd go gay for.

Deputy Nutz
05-06-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm going to be pretty fucking pissed if you don't come see me. My wife wants to meet the only guy in the world I'd go gay for.

I am a bit offended.

SkinBasket
05-06-2010, 10:10 PM

I am a bit offended.

I might go bi-curious for you if you would stop farting in my truck.

Deputy Nutz
05-06-2010, 10:40 PM

I am a bit offended.

I might go bi-curious for you if you would stop farting in my truck.

No, not interested in that deal

red
05-06-2010, 11:40 PM
if you want to see some of the country and rent an rv and the whole nine, then i'd suggest door county is where you want to be tar

hopefully someone else on here can name some nice sites there