View Full Version : Call your Mothers

MJZiggy
05-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Or face the wrath...

Happy Mothers Day!

swede
05-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Happy Mother's Day, Zig!

I got out a set of watercolors, sketched, inked, and watercolored a few clematis blooms winding around a fencepost, added a few sentiments on the back and presented it to my mom instead of a card. (I looked. I didn't like anything. It's hard to capture the essence of your very own mom in a card)

It was amateurish to be sure, but my mother appreciates it as if I were Michael Fricking Angelo.

Scott Campbell
05-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Happy Mother's day ladies.

MJZiggy
05-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Happy Mother's Day, Zig!

I got out a set of watercolors, sketched, inked, and watercolored a few clematis blooms winding around a fencepost, added a few sentiments on the back and presented it to my mom instead of a card. (I looked. I didn't like anything. It's hard to capture the essence of your very own mom in a card)

It was amateurish to be sure, but my mother appreciates it as if I were Michael Fricking Angelo.

What a coincidence. I bought a clematis plant today. Yes, nothing you can buy storebought will ever compare to one you make yourself. You spent the time on her and created something from scratch. None of her friends will have anything like it.

SkinBasket
05-12-2010, 10:30 PM
I called my mother. I called her a dirty, disease laden whore. She laughed then hugged me.

Harlan Huckleby
05-13-2010, 01:50 AM
I called my mom very late in the day, she was on the road (no, not walking the streets) so I halfway had an excuse for my tardiness, but still I felt a little guilty. To ease my embarassment I turned the tables on her. I said, "Hi Mom.... Don't you have something to say?" and after a few prompts she laughed and said, "Happy Mothers Day!"

Its great when your parents get old, you can really mess with their heads.

retailguy
05-13-2010, 08:24 AM
I called my mother. I called her a dirty, disease laden whore. She laughed then hugged me.

So. You called her, and then she hugged you. Yeah. Got it. :P

MJZiggy
05-13-2010, 05:37 PM
I called my mom very late in the day, she was on the road (no, not walking the streets) so I halfway had an excuse for my tardiness, but still I felt a little guilty. To ease my embarassment I turned the tables on her. I said, "Hi Mom.... Don't you have something to say?" and after a few prompts she laughed and said, "Happy Mothers Day!"

Its great when your parents get old, you can really mess with their heads.

I'm still waiting for that one. I got the "you never call" lecture--even after I reminded her that I called her...

Freak Out
05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
My mother is a selfish, pot stirring bitch who I rarely talk to any more....but I bought her flowers anyway.

Joemailman
05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Maybe next year we'll just have everyone post their Mothers Day wishes in the F*** Everyone Thread in the GC.

SkinBasket
05-13-2010, 09:16 PM
My mother is a selfish, pot stirring bitch who I rarely talk to any more....but I bought her flowers anyway.

I hear Harlan loved them.