PDA

View Full Version : Lang and Martin Have Surgery

pbmax
05-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Jason Wilde broke news today that TJ Lang had surgery on his wrist to repair the scaphoid bone which was injured in December. Its apparently a tricky procedure that needs to have a blood supply repaired/maintained for the small bone to heal. He would be due back for training camp if all goes according to plan. It was performed on April 5th.

Derrick Martin had surgery on his ankle. It was arthroscopic and was done on April 26th. He should be back for camp.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/blogs/jason.php

MJZiggy
05-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Why don't they have this crap done in February?

retailguy
05-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Why don't they have this crap done in February?

They've learned how to get "out" of training camp? :twisted:

pbmax
05-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Not sure on Martin, but arthroscopic procedures take very little time to heal, usually.

With Lang, Wilde mentioned they were waiting to see if it healed on its own. I could give medical advice like that. What I like about this article is that I imagine Mark Tauscher leaking this to his buddy, just giddy that the camp competition has suffered a setback.

Fritz
05-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I do think they wanted to wait and see if it'd heal. Why do surgery if you don't have to?

What's this about Tauscher leaking the news? Do you think he really thinks that way about camp competition, or are you just messing around?

Tony Oday
05-12-2010, 11:21 AM
They thought free healthcare would pay? Packers are just trying to save cash :) hehe

Wow that was a bad sentece :) Basically just saying what everyone else stated, Lang wanted it to heal on its own.

swede
05-12-2010, 11:57 AM
There should be a sin tax on poor syntax.

pbmax
05-12-2010, 12:07 PM
I do think they wanted to wait and see if it'd heal. Why do surgery if you don't have to?

What's this about Tauscher leaking the news? Do you think he really thinks that way about camp competition, or are you just messing around?
Messing around. Although Tauscher is good buds with Wilde. I think they were at each others wedding.

packerbacker1234
05-22-2010, 06:14 AM
These are generally considered really minor injuries, thats why it "takes so long". In Derrick Martin's case, it was just a clean up and he most likely could of still played on it if he had too. Favre's ankle clean up was supposedly something he has needed for a few years and he put it off and put it off until the saints game happened it and got all swollen. The hand thing sounds very minor too, nothing to overly worry about. It may be a tricky procedure, but it didn't sound like it was a worrysome procedure. Both have minimal recovery time and really don't affect much.

aka, it's just some minor stuff. They shouldn't miss any TC time. Not even Lord Favre's late ankle surgery should cause him to miss TC time, though I am sure he may skip the first week just because he can.

Brohm
05-22-2010, 02:48 PM
They (Lang/Pack) had hoped (and were confident) that it would heal just fine on its own without surgery, but it kept nagging so they decided to go ahead with the surgery so as to be ready for TC. Not sure about Martin, I thought he had is done months ago.

MJZiggy
05-22-2010, 06:07 PM
These are generally considered really minor injuries, thats why it "takes so long". In Derrick Martin's case, it was just a clean up and he most likely could of still played on it if he had too. Favre's ankle clean up was supposedly something he has needed for a few years and he put it off and put it off until the saints game happened it and got all swollen. The hand thing sounds very minor too, nothing to overly worry about. It may be a tricky procedure, but it didn't sound like it was a worrysome procedure. Both have minimal recovery time and really don't affect much.

aka, it's just some minor stuff. They shouldn't miss any TC time. Not even Lord Favre's late ankle surgery should cause him to miss TC time, though I am sure he may skip the first week just because he can.

I thought the Favre clean up that he'd been putting off was done last year (just as OTAs were starting...)

packerbacker1234
05-22-2010, 06:25 PM

I thought the Favre clean up that he'd been putting off was done last year (just as OTAs were starting...)

Possibly. It's hard to really track any of Favre's minor clean ups I guess. He's been in the league forever and I am sure we didn't hear about every minor clean up he has had. This one is only relevant because of the swelling around the ankle not going away, which would mean he wouldn't be able to play.

Anyways, back to Lang and Martin - yeah Lang's may have healed on it's own, it just didn't progress or wasn't happening fast enough. Martin... not really sure. Not that I overly care - I am not sure martin makes the team this year unless it's just as a special teamer.