PDA

View Full Version : Winning The Offseason Peter King Style

pbmax
05-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Just the kiss of death:

1. Green Bay. It's not just the maturation of Aaron Rodgers. It's the carryover from a fluky end to 2009 (the weird playoff loss at Arizona) and the fact that only one team in football -- New Orleans -- had a better point differential than the Pack's plus-164 last year. I like Jermichael Finley to become a great player in his second starting season. I don't trust the pass-rush (where Clay Matthews is the only real thing), and I worry about two of the top three corners coming off ACL surgery, and aging. But the defensive front is formidable, and a very good match for the good run teams of the AFC North. I also like Weeks 2 through 5 on the schedule (Buffalo, at Chicago, Detroit, at Washington), which sets up for a strong start.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/05/16/ranking/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0oCIVOD4Y
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

ND72
05-17-2010, 09:35 AM
as long as Aaron Rogers isn't on the cover of Madden, I'm feeling ok!

Pugger
05-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Oh oh...Mr. King doesn't have a good track record at this, does he? :!:

Charles Woodson
05-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Do we play the AFC north this year, or did he just mess up and meant NFC?

Joemailman
05-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Well, S.I. did pick the Packers to go to the Super Bowl in 1996.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/edb/reader.html?magID=SI&issueDate=19960902&mode=reader_vault

BF4MVP
05-17-2010, 11:03 AM
as long as Aaron Rogers isn't on the cover of Madden, I'm feeling ok!
Well, he said on Twitter that he believes in the Madden curse so he won't be appearing on the cover even if they ask him :D

denverYooper
05-17-2010, 11:22 AM

He picked Da Bears to go to the Superbowl last year...

bobblehead
05-17-2010, 03:49 PM

He was an idiot...but this time I prefer to quote him as an expert because it backs my view that the Pack is winning it all this season.

retailguy
05-17-2010, 04:13 PM

He was an idiot...but this time I prefer to quote him as an expert because it backs my view that the Pack is winning it all this season.

At least you're honest about it. :P

Tarlam!
05-17-2010, 04:22 PM

Gotta be a typo. He surely meant NFC. Packers play both East Divisions this year.

Pugger
05-17-2010, 04:56 PM

Didn't we play the AFC North last season? :?: He must've meant NFC...

Gunakor
05-17-2010, 04:57 PM

Gotta be a typo. He surely meant NFC. Packers play both East Divisions this year.

very good match for the good run teams of the AFC North.

May have been a typo, but that doesn't explain the first part of this quote. He said good run teams. If he were referencing the NFC North, there are only 2 good run teams in this division. And we're one of them. So I'm not sure where he was going with the "Good match for the good run teams..." part of his statement.

Tarlam!
05-17-2010, 05:35 PM
I caught that as well, Gunnie, but with Taylor in Chicago now and Martz expected to be pass happy, they might actually become a decent run team.

Anyways, I don't know why he doesn't like opening against the Eagles; I think it's ideal to face the rookie QB before he gets up to top speed. Maybe the Packers won't have enough tape on him?

Gunakor
05-17-2010, 06:04 PM
The Packers have had a lot of trouble @ Philadelphia. They haven't had a ton of success there recently.

CaliforniaCheez
05-19-2010, 01:08 AM
At least Peter is willing to put it out there early. Too early.

The only people taking it seriously are silly vikling psycho people.
Not only are they all spun up about the Packers being #1 they are very upset that they are ranked 13th. Lower than the Seahawks.

Hey anyone can have an opinion in America.
One that gets the purple slime boiling angry is just plain fun.
Visit a viking board and see what is said. It is a hoot listening to them moan and whine about disrespect.

pbmax
05-19-2010, 06:28 AM
At least Peter is willing to put it out there early. Too early.

The only people taking it seriously are silly vikling psycho people.
Not only are they all spun up about the Packers being #1 they are very upset that they are ranked 13th. Lower than the Seahawks.

Hey anyone can have an opinion in America.
One that gets the purple slime boiling angry is just plain fun.
Visit a viking board and see what is said. It is a hoot listening to them moan and whine about disrespect.
Well, the last Peter reported, it was 100% their QB was never going to put pads on. That had to impact the ranking.