PDA

View Full Version : One of the TC mantras of 2006,

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Email | Print

Linebackers Hunting The Ball

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 08/01/2006

On the opening night of training camp Friday, when a Packers linebacker was tackling a ballcarrier or chasing down a reception in the flat, defensive coordinator Bob Sanders could be heard barking the same phrase over and over.

"Get the ball out! Get the ball out!"

Call it one of the training camp mantras of 2006, a mandate that the Packers' defense, and particularly the linebackers, find a way to force more turnovers. . . . for more please see :

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/08/01/2/

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 01:06 PM
ANYONE!

I should know the answer to this - but I don't.

What is up with Nick Collins? I see no sign nor hair of him, in TC photo's or inthe press coverage and I'm somewhat taken back here. I am having, a devil of a time, locating the Packer's updated injury report.

Can anyone - inform me of the status of Nick Collins ?

ny10804
08-02-2006, 01:13 PM
It's as if he disappeared. Even on Packers.com, there are no photos, no vidoes, and no reference to Nick Collins since the first mini-camp.

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 01:20 PM
From ESPN: **

Green Bay Packers PLAYER INJURY (Latest Reprt fr.here **)

Adrian Klemm, OG Jul. 31 - OUT
Detail: The Packers confirmed that Klemm will miss the ent... more
Edge: Although Klemm was penciled in as a backup at left... more

Najeh Davenport, RB Jul. 30 - PROBABLE
Detail: Davenport is listed among the third string running... more
Edge: Although he's listed as sharing the third spot wit... more

Ahman Green, RB Jul. 30 - QUESTIONABLE
Detail: Green missed the second straight day of training c... more
Edge: The Packers still list Green as the top RB on thei... more

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 01:22 PM
It's as if he disappeared. Even on Packers.com, there are no photos, no vidoes, and no reference to Nick Collins since the first mini-camp.

Yes ! I can't determine squat on Nick Collins.

Will hang with this though.

Thanks a bunch, ny10804. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
08-02-2006, 01:50 PM
July 30 - Cliff Christl
Here and there, they make a play that jumps out. Donald Driver ran a go pattern across the field Sunday morning and caught a pass from Aaron Rodgers when safety Nick Collins was late to pick him up on a switch with cornerback Charles Woodson. Later, Rodgers hit rookie Greg Jennings on a deep corner. Jennings also has caught some passes over the middle from Favre. And there was the Favre to Driver 75-yard TD against Woodson in seven-on-seven Friday night.

UWM Post
Secondary

Free agent pickup Charles Woodson will do what Mike Sherman never could — kick Ahmad Carroll out of the starting lineup. The former Raider will join Al Harris as part of a suddenly impressive cornerback duo. At safety, Marquand Manuel joins Nick Collins as a young hard-hitting starter.

PackersNews.com
Jennings has two drops. They didn't come against Al Harris, Charles Woodson or Nick Collins, though. They came against air.

I think there's not a lot of stuff said about him right now is because he's projected to be the starter and playing to expectations (and perhaps being a little boring for the photographers). He is not injured.

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks Ziggy.

Great investigative reporting. :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS !

cheesner
08-02-2006, 02:13 PM
My very positive explanation: Nick is playing so fast - the pictures all come out with him blurry, so they do not get posted.