PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Dennis Hopper

Joemailman
05-29-2010, 05:40 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64S1OJ20100529

I guess most will remember him for Easy Rider. To me he'll always be the drugged-out journalist in Apocalypse Now. Kind of amazing he lived to 74, considering his lifestyle. He gave Keith Richards some thing to shoot for.

Freak Out
05-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Guy was nuts.....but he stopped drinking and drugging in the late 80s I believe and went on a movie run that was petty impressive.

RIP.

Harlan Huckleby
05-29-2010, 10:28 PM
"Blue Velvet" is my vivid memory of him.

Damn, what did I see him on recently that surprised me, oh ya, he is an expert on art history. An incredibly smart, self-taught man.

Guiness
05-30-2010, 05:13 PM
No laughing - his role in Waterworld. Not a great movie, but he was perfect in his role.

Let's have an intelligent conversation here: I'll talk, and you listen.

mraynrand
05-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Hoosiers - great

Speed - good psycho

Blue Velvet sucked

KYPack
06-04-2010, 11:36 AM
When Dennis was at the top of his arc as a partier, he was doing an ounce of blow and a liter of Rum a DAY!

To make 74 with a regimine like that is an accomplishment.

Freak Out
06-04-2010, 12:15 PM
When Dennis was at the top of his arc as a partier, he was doing an ounce of blow and a liter of Rum a DAY!

Damn......most would die from that.

I talked to Stevie Ray Vaughn about a month before his death backstage when he and Joe Cocker came through Anchorage....he told me that at his lowest (highest) point he would start his day by rolling out of bed....dumping two grams of coke into a glass of whiskey and downing it. That was just to get the day started. :shock:

mraynrand
06-04-2010, 11:18 PM

I think they made a movie about this:

http://dgt1.net/manny/mblog/images/bad_lieutenant.jpg