PDA

View Full Version : Guys that will make the biggest impact this year that...

Tony Oday
08-02-2006, 10:58 AM
you arent counting on.

WR- Rod Gardner. I think he is going to turn into the solid WR that everyone in the NFL thought. He will have 65 catches for 900 and 5 TDs this year. He will show a burst for running after the catch and thrive in the WC offense. Mid season he will be on NFL total access talking about his 2 broken fingers from Favres cannon.

DT-Kendrick Allen. He will be the lockdown force in the middle with Pickett. He will sign a solid deal in the offseason with the Pack.

LB-Taylor. Though overshadowed by Hawk and Barnett, Taylor has a solid year and doesnt let RBs get by him.

Carrol-Destroys opponets as a nickleback(good band by the way) and hauls in 5 ints and 4 penalties all year.

O line- As a unit this bunch is leaps and bounds better than the '05 campaign. They open holes for a resurgant Green and keep Favre clean. This is the main reason Rodgers is on the bench in '07.

I was just bored at work but I hope some of this happens ;)

Badgepack
08-02-2006, 11:16 AM
QB -Favre - Out to prove that he is still the man, last year was a fluke.

30 TD's, 4,000+ yards, 15 Int's (?), MVP consideration.

Keep writing that Favre's washed up, he will prove them wrong.

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm a fan of - Tony Oday and Badgepack and certainly loving those calls.

Here's to faith. Drink up !!

GO PACKERS !

Tony Oday
08-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Im drinking the red Kool-Aid again!!!!

I forgot my favorite little Nigerian!!!!!

Samkon Gado-rushing as the second RB in the mix he gets 700 yards and 8 TDS!!!!

ahaha
08-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Greg Jennings as the third receiver. 50 catches 700 yds. A lot of those coming on third down to extend drives.

Spaulding
08-02-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm on the bottle as well but kool aid was replaced by severe quantities of beer last year to dull the pain. Since it's just the beginning of preseason I see good things for the Pack.

The first couple of games our line play could be grim as they begin to gel but given their talent, new scheme and some health I think we're going to be okay there and we'll post a close to 1000yd rusher this year (hopefully Ahman which signifies that he's back).

Favre will excel in the new system (with his arm strength and some quick slants and a little after the catch creation by the receivers) I think his stats are over 3000yds passing, back to 25+ TD's and around 15 picks.

With regard to receivers, I think Driver's numbers are down a bit from last year as Favre gains confidence with Gardner/Boerichter/Jennings and spreads the ball around a bit more as well as involves the TE's more often.

This is an offense that doesn't need a star, just consistency and one of the kickers to step it up and be reliable.

The defense will keep us in games and I think there will be quite a few close games that we'll lament not having Longwell (and his crying).

9-7 baby with an outside chance of the playoffs and Favre finally deciding to state with certainty that he's coming back for 2007 and that it's his farewell tour.

Deputy Nutz
08-02-2006, 12:04 PM
I think Donald Lee is really going to suprise some folks. I guess my prediction for him will be 32 catches for 450 yards and 7 touchdowns.

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 12:18 PM
I think Donald Lee is really going to suprise some folks. I guess my prediction for him will be 32 catches for 450 yards and 7 touchdowns.

Your da MAN !

Way to promte "THE FAITH". BRING ON - THE FAITH.

GO NUTZ !! I LOVE IT !!!!!

TONY - Pass the Kool-aid - pleeesssse. Let's fill OUR boots. :mrgreen:

GO GO GO PACKERS !!!!!!!

RUnuts
08-02-2006, 12:26 PM
I think you should keep your eye on the forgotten linebacker Poppinga.

swede
08-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Special Teams Coach Mike Stock--

Infused with greater depth, talent, athleticism, and with more cooperation from the head coach and coordinators the Packers special teams will be a little more special, producing above average return yardage for both kickoffs and punts.

Look for at least three special teams touchdowns as well.

I had hoped "Bullhorn" Bonamego could have turned things around last year but he never knew who the f*ck was going to be playing special teams for him from one week to the next.

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2006, 03:03 PM

Way to go out on a limb, Dr. Nutz. He had 33 catches last year.
:D

I get your point. He could be more of a downfield threat. I like him, but he needs to catch the ball better. He's got the athletic ability to be a good player in the NFL.

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2006, 03:06 PM
I think you should keep your eye on the forgotten linebacker Poppinga.

I already predicted he would be a starter by midseason. Take it to the bank.

Partial
08-02-2006, 03:28 PM
I think you guys are hardcore homers and very wishful thinkers!

I do like Nutz's opinion on Donald, and the Poppinga starting by midseason.

But 4 penalty's all year for Carroll? That is like his average per game last year :lol: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2006, 03:34 PM
I just can't see the Poppinga prediction--unless we get a rash of injuries. There's one spot open alongside Barnett and Hawk, and I'd say Hodge is the #1 option behind Taylor.

Tony Oday
08-02-2006, 03:34 PM
I think you guys are hardcore homers and very wishful thinkers!

I do like Nutz's opinion on Donald, and the Poppinga starting by midseason.

But 4 penalty's all year for Carroll? That is like his average per game last year :lol: :lol:

*just drink the Kool-Aid* :twisted:

Partial
08-02-2006, 03:36 PM
I just can't see the Poppinga prediction--unless we get a rash of injuries. There's one spot open alongside Barnett and Hawk, and I'd say Hodge is the #1 option behind Taylor.

What about Pop as a third down pass-rusher?

Oscar
08-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Im going with big Will Henderson. Favres favorite reciever out of the back field. Breaking tackles, jumping over defenders, and rumbling his way to a first down! :D

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 03:45 PM

Way to go out on a limb, Dr. Nutz. He had 33 catches last year.
:D

I get your point. He could be more of a downfield threat. I like him, but he needs to catch the ball better. He's got the athletic ability to be a good player in the NFL.

Things I've been wondering.

Why does Donald Lee miss pass's down the right side line. perfectly thrown over his left shoulder, if he doesn't need corrective vision?

Why does Brett Favre toss the ball straight into the hands of a defender. if HE - doesn't need corrective vision? Brett looks almost straight into the defender's eyes and says . . catch it. He does.

Where did the screen pass go?

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 03:53 PM

Harvey:

John Lennon's song "Imagine".

Drink " the Kool-aid " while you can. :mrgreen:

I subscribe to . . . " the Tony Oday School - of Proper Packer Thinking".

Sponsered by: The summer drink enjoyed by all kids -

Kool-aid !! :D

Spaulding
08-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I've gotta go on record as saying the three headed monster of Pickett/Allen/Cole at DT's. The push in the middle will allow the Packers to better stop the run which is something we obviously couldn't do in critical situations.

Some argument could be made for Jenkins as well but although I see good things for him this year he doesn't have the potential for Gilbert-like disruption in the middle.

If our ends get any pressure what-so-ever I seriously see this defense being a legitimate top ten (and not paper top ten like last year) with the potential of top five if our offense can reduce the number of turnovers and thus not provide for the defense always being on the field.

the_idle_threat
08-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Rob Davis --- He will score 3 touchdowns this year.

KYPack
08-02-2006, 05:14 PM
My hopes are modest.

I'm hoping that Wayne Lucier can hold down center or maybe even a guard spot.

Maybe Lucier plays center and Wells plays RG. (With the assumption that Spitz ain't ready, I don't think he is)

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2006, 09:02 PM

Ya know, it sounds like Hodge's younger brother Elijah is a shoe-in to start at MLB for Badgers after Zewlewski graduates. Wouldn't it be cool if the Hodge brothers held-down both MLB positions in state of WI?

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Only if Abdul is mint as hell as the starter.

Iron Mike
10-25-2008, 01:25 PM
9-7 baby with an outside chance of the playoffs and Favre finally deciding to state with certainty that he's coming back for 2007 and that it's his farewell tour.

:shock:

Iron Mike
10-25-2008, 01:25 PM
That whole thread gave me lulz. :lol: