PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in the Dells

KYPack
06-05-2010, 04:28 PM
You can see the sights.
You can ride the Ducks

Evidently, there was more activity than this at a recent golf tourney in the Dells...

Jane Burns of the Wisconsin State Journal reports that the six players are quarterback Matt Flynn, guard Josh Sitton, fullback Korey Hall, linebacker Brad Jones, linebacker Clay Matthews and safety Khalil Jones. Again, they are not suspects.

A seventh member of the team also spoke to police, and he remains under investigation. The seventh Packer has not been named.

Two women claim they were assaulted at a rental condo at Wilderness Resort Golf Cabins.

A league source tells us that the players were in the area for a Friday golf outing.

Who is that 7th man?

mission
06-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Best-case scenario: Jarrett Bush

Otherwise, this sucks.

(who else would have brought the new guy, Khalil Jones?)

(AR doesn't golf does he?)

mission
06-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Check that, here's a list of players at the celebrity golf tournament.
http://www.tellurian.org/golf/celebrity.html

Matthews
Clifton
Tauscher
Colledge
Crosby
Hall
C.Jacke(???)
B.Jackson
B.Jones
K.Jones
K.Lumpkin
Underwood

Hopefully K.Jones, Lumpkin or Hall... idiot, whoever it is.

retailguy
06-05-2010, 06:01 PM
well, it can't be Jones or Hall, as they have both been named.

How about Colledge? Is he that stupid? :twisted:

MJZiggy
06-05-2010, 06:02 PM
I was actually thinking Colledge.

vince
06-05-2010, 06:30 PM
That leaves...

Clifton
Tauscher
Colledge
Crosby
B.Jackson
K.Lumpkin
Underwood

I gotta believe you can take off Clifton, Tauscher, Crosby and Jackson. That would leave....

Colledge
Lumpkin
Underwood

swede
06-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Fingers crossed for Lumpkin.

pbmax
06-05-2010, 06:38 PM
That leaves...

Clifton
Tauscher
Colledge
Crosby
B.Jackson
K.Lumpkin
Underwood

I gotta believe you can take off Clifton, Tauscher, Crosby and Jackson. That would leave....

Colledge
Lumpkin
Underwood
What parameter enabled you to whittle it down to three candidates?

vince
06-05-2010, 06:40 PM
My perception of their character, intelligence and moral compass.

gbpackfan
06-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Maybe these whores are lying? Anyone thought of that or is the player automatically guilty?

vince
06-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Of course he's not automatically guilty - of sexual assault anyway. It does sound a little questionable that one man could simultaneously assault two women completely against their will.

He is guilty of bad judgement though, considering he is such a public figure representing a team and league that will not look kindly upon this behavior being made public at this time, regardless of his guilt or innocence of a crime.

Joemailman
06-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Maybe these whores are lying? Anyone thought of that or is the player automatically guilty?

If you think people are being too quick to jump to conclusions, why are you calling the women whores? Do you know them?

gbpackfan
06-05-2010, 07:19 PM

If you think people are being too quick to jump to conclusions, why are you calling the women whores? Do you know them?

When did I say anyone was being too quick jumping to conclusions? I just asked a question.

And I never said being a whore was bad. Talk about jumping to conclusions!

gbpackfan
06-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Of course he's not automatically guilty - of sexual assault anyway. It does sound a little questionable that one man could simultaneously assault two women completely against their will.

He is guilty of bad judgement though, considering he is such a public figure representing a team and league that will not look kindly upon this behavior being made public at this time, regardless of his guilt or innocence of a crime.

Maybe the player is guilty of bad judgement, but then again maybe not. From the information we know, no one can make that determination. Banging two women that are willing is never bad judgement. It's not really all that uncommon now a days.

packers11
06-05-2010, 07:55 PM
rotoworld.com

The unnamed Packers player accused of sexual assaulting two women admits sexual contact but insists it was consensual.

So the allegation is a non-consensual three-way? The women initially said that multiple players were involved, but only one player is under investigation. This is the third NFL player accused of sexual assault in the past year, joining Ben Roethlisberger and Colts DT Eric Foster. Jail time and/or a suspension could be forthcoming.

Scott Campbell
06-05-2010, 08:17 PM
I read that it was Underwood.

KYPack
06-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Some internet rumors say Underwood is the guy who is under scrutiny.

This would call for our resident 3-way expert, Bretsky to give his intelligent opinion.

vince
06-05-2010, 08:20 PM

Maybe the player is guilty of bad judgement, but then again maybe not. From the information we know, no one can make that determination. Banging two women that are willing is never bad judgement. It's not really all that uncommon now a days.
Sure it happens all the time, but a professional football player who puts himself in a potentially compromising position such as this is using bad judgement - period. Just because a lot of football players are idiots and usually get away with it doesn't mean it's not a dumb thing to do. Depending on who it is, it could be extremely costly for him, even if he is innocent of sexucal assault. That's going to end up being one very expensive nut to pop with a couple strangers. I'm pretty sure he'll say it wasn't worth it when it is all said and done.

Scott Campbell
06-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Some internet rumors say Underwood is the guy who is under scrutiny.

This would call for our resident 3-way expert, Bretsky to give his intelligent opinion.

Maybe B's got the video tape?

RashanGary
06-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I liked Vince's list. I would have taken Colledge out too. Underwood or Lumpkin would have been my best guesses.

hoosier
06-05-2010, 09:01 PM

Along those same lines I breathed a small sigh of relief when I saw that Jermichael Finley's name wasn't on the bigger list.

gbpackfan
06-05-2010, 09:02 PM

Sure it happens all the time, but a professional football player who puts himself in a potentially compromising position such as this is using bad judgement - period. Just because a lot of football players are idiots and usually get away with it doesn't mean it's not a dumb thing to do. Depending on who it is, it could be extremely costly for him, even if he is innocent of sexucal assault. That's going to end up being one very expensive nut to pop with a couple strangers. I'm pretty sure he'll say it wasn't worth it when it is all said and done.

Huh?! So I guess professional athletes cant have sex anymore. I guess the only woman you ever slept with is your wife. Read what your writting man! It's complete garbage. If the women are lying, the only ones guilty of bad judgement are them! We live in such a PC, pussified world. It's such BS. So he had a one night stand with two women. SO FUCKING WHAT!

NOW - If he sexually assaulted them, then fuck him! He's a POS that should go to jail.

I guess we'll have to wait until more of the story to come out.

GrnBay007
06-05-2010, 09:23 PM

Exactly! And you may want to wait for that time to call anyone a whore as well.

mission
06-05-2010, 09:30 PM

Well regardless, they were with seven dudes in a rental cabin and drinking. Then she found herself in a bedroom with her friend and a football player. Whatever happened after that is important, but either way, she presumably just met the guy that day and was already getting cozy with him.

Now I don't know what your average day entails but my non-whore wife, and mother of two, would never be drinking in a rental cabin with seven football players. She has a little more class/common sense/awareness of situation than that.

Back when I wasn't such an upstanding citizen, women that wanted to sleep with me (or at least put their hand down my pants) the same day I met them were generally referred to as some kind of variation of a "whore". It's a bit inaccurate, since I really never paid them directly, but I definitely never would consider them for any kind of long-term relationship (opposite of whore).

:)

RashanGary
06-05-2010, 09:38 PM
well, it can't be Jones or Hall, as they have both been named.

How about Colledge? Is he that stupid? :twisted:

There hasn't been a lot of negative pub lately and you've been notably silent, but it didn't take you long to get in on this thread, you excited Packer fan, you :)

Fosco33
06-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Underwood--

It had to be a guy with a name that can easily be besmirched... Under Wood.

I guess if a woman who sleeps with a guy she just met is a slut - then most every man in the world should also be called a slut. :P

mission
06-05-2010, 10:27 PM
I guess if a woman who sleeps with a guy she just met is a slut - then most every man in the world should also be called a slut. :P

Cue the double standard argument. :beat:

pbmax
06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
So you are throwing darts while blindfolded?

We know very little of their intelligence and much less about their moral compass and character. I am not even sure those are the three best traits to judge the possibility of this crime by.

vince
06-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Use your own criteria then PB.

I wasn't throwing darts at anyone. I was eliminating those who I thought were likely not involved because of their high character, intelligence and/or moral compass based on their past observed behavior and what they've said over the course of their career in Green Bay. When you watch and read about these guys and listen to them speak in the locker room, you get information about them as people. Over time, you get enough to form an opinion about their character. We have some information about Jolly, Finley, Driver, Jennings, etc. in order to have a sense of who they are as people. You can choose to ignore that information if you want to. That's certainly your prerogative.

One of the Packers that attended the event was involved. That's an undeniable fact. Those I didn't eliminate I didn't know enough about, so I didn't eliminate them. I was stating who I thought it wasn't - not who I thought it was. And I certainly wasn't taking anyone's freedom away.

vince
06-06-2010, 05:47 AM

Huh?! So I guess professional athletes cant have sex anymore. I guess the only woman you ever slept with is your wife. Read what your writting man! It's complete garbage. If the women are lying, the only ones guilty of bad judgement are them! We live in such a PC, pussified world. It's such BS. So he had a one night stand with two women. SO FUCKING WHAT!

NOW - If he sexually assaulted them, then fuck him! He's a POS that should go to jail.

I'm not making a personal judgement about this individual. What three consenting adults choose to do is fine by me. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

I'm saying that a public figure who has potentially millions of dollars at risk based on his public image, and who works for an employer who has demonstrated that they will protect that public image with a vengeance - is making a mistake in judgement to risk his future livelihood over an orgasm with a stranger (or two as the case may be). There are other - smarter, more discreet and less risky to one's livelihood - ways to go about it than picking up strangers at a bar who are probably drunk (which may cast doubt on their ability to consent in the first place).

Besmirching the image of the NFL in such a way will jeopardize your ability to work for them, and they refuse to pay millions of dollars to people about whom such such transgressions become public. Those who don't agree with it are completely free to work for the employer of their choice.

BlueBrewer
06-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Underwood confirmed...31 and 33 year old women. The age of the women makes it even fishier in my mind, at that age they should be able to know a bad situation when they see one and not a have a non-consenual three way under duress. It will be interesting to hear the facts come out.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/95693179.html

pbmax
06-06-2010, 08:53 AM

I wasn't throwing darts at anyone. I was eliminating those who I thought were likely not involved because of their high character, intelligence and/or moral compass based on their past observed behavior and what they've said over the course of their career in Green Bay. When you watch and read about these guys and listen to them speak in the locker room, you get information about them as people. Over time, you get enough to form an opinion about their character. We have some information about Jolly, Finley, Driver, Jennings, etc. in order to have a sense of who they are as people. You can choose to ignore that information if you want to. That's certainly your prerogative.

One of the Packers that attended the event was involved. That's an undeniable fact. Those I didn't eliminate I didn't know enough about, so I didn't eliminate them. I was stating who I thought it wasn't - not who I thought it was. And I certainly wasn't taking anyone's freedom away.
I would complain more but it appears you hit with Underwood. :D

But you did have a 3 out of seven (or eight?) chance.

Joemailman
06-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Interesting quote from Brandon Underwood earlier this week:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100603/PKR07/100603105/1058/PKR01/Mike-Vandermause-column--Packers-put-faith-in-young-cornerbacks

Underwood said some of his improvement stems from valuable lessons he learned from Woodson and Harris.

“It’s about being a professional,” Underwood said.

“You have so much more down time. It’s all about what you do with your down time.”

Underwood has been spending a lot of his time in the weight room and paying more attention to small details like eating right and getting enough sleep.

“Your body is how you get paid, so you have to take care of your body and all the little things that go with it,” he said.

vince
06-06-2010, 10:16 AM

I would complain more but it appears you hit with Underwood. :D

But you did have a 3 out of seven (or eight?) chance.
Chalk it up to luck. I certainly agree that there's more we don't know about these guys than we do. Unfortunately, even people we do know well can surprise us.

Fritz
06-06-2010, 11:39 AM

Why? According to gbbpackfan, calling someone a whore is not necessarily a an insult.

Thus, if I were to call gbpackfan's mom a whore... Or his girlfriend a whore (assuming gbpackfan is male and heterosexual)...that doesn't mean I'm insulting anyone!

Scott Campbell
06-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Excerpt from PFT:

Buried within the article by Lee Bergquist and Greg A. Bedard was a potentially damning statement regarding Underwood.

"Several players who wished to remain anonymous said he had been a problem since he was drafted in the sixth round in 2009 out of Cincinnati," the article reads.

gbpackfan
06-06-2010, 12:46 PM

Why? According to gbbpackfan, calling someone a whore is not necessarily a an insult.

Thus, if I were to call gbpackfan's mom a whore... Or his girlfriend a whore (assuming gbpackfan is male and heterosexual)...that doesn't mean I'm insulting anyone!

Ha ha. Now that's the spirit!

bobblehead
06-06-2010, 02:59 PM

I'm a whore....well, if I could get anyone to pay me I would be.

On another note, too bad young guys think with their dicks. My initial reaction is that he banged them, then wanted nothing more to do with them so they are getting even with him for treating them like whores. I could be way off though.

I also read the comment that SC posted....it doesn't bode well for underwood. Even if all he is guilty of is bad judgement, it will haunt him. Look, I get it, young, hormones raging, feeling invulnerable, but FFS man, learn from history. Carry a video recorder and get them saying they are consenting to sex before you do it....my fucking phone is capable of that.

TennesseePackerBacker
06-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Sounds like he was about to have a threesome with two women 8-10 years older than him. He hit the jackpot for a 23 year-old. Some of you need to get off your high horses. Did you not go to college?

The police certainly don't seem to be making a big deal about it. Yet.

What if this were another Ben Rothelisberger(sp?) type player? ESPN would be having a field day I'm sure.

gbpackfan
06-08-2010, 11:30 PM
WOW, LOOK AT THIS!

FRITZ, GRNBAY007, JOEMAILMAN - IM WAITING FOR YOUR APOLOGY!

THEY WERE WHORES! When your right, your right. Now type those two little words you three. IM SORRY! :P

"WTMJ's Bill Michaels reports Brandon Underwood won't be charged with sexual assault, but could be charged w/ solicitation of prostitution."

http://twitter.com/packer_update

Bretsky
06-08-2010, 11:34 PM
WOW, LOOK AT THIS!

THEY WERE WHORES! When your right, your right. Now type those two little words you three. IM SORRY! :P

"WTMJ's Bill Michaels reports Brandon Underwood won't be charged with sexual assault, but could be charged w/ solicitation of prostitution."

Not Barry Sanders 4 sure

GrnBay007
06-09-2010, 01:38 AM
WOW, LOOK AT THIS!

This is funny...but I'll play along.

First off, why should I apologize? I simply asked for you to wait until the story unfolded before you started calling anyone a "whore". Seems like the logical thing to do....unless you have an agenda.

And I will add....It's a lil disturbing that you use the word "whore" so freely describing the horrible actions of those women in an attempt to excuse the behavior of idiotic, slutty, douch-bag behavior of Mr. Underwood. I'm happy that you are so relieved they are "whores". I'm disappointed, you as as a man, are relieved by his actions, as a married man doing what he did as a reason to rejoice and be justified in calling those women "whores".

I could care less what the Packer organization does, I sure hope Mrs. Underwood had all his clothes stuffed in garbage bags (yes there is a special meaning to putting them in garbage bags) in the garage when he arrived home. I hope she contacted an attorney the moment she found out and I hope she takes every cent from him she can. If she doesn't, she's a fool and deserves the jackass.

gbpackfan
06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
WOW, LOOK AT THIS!

This is funny...but I'll play along.

First off, why should I apologize? I simply asked for you to wait until the story unfolded before you started calling anyone a "whore". Seems like the logical thing to do....unless you have an agenda.

And I will add....It's a lil disturbing that you use the word "whore" so freely describing the horrible actions of those women in an attempt to excuse the behavior of idiotic, slutty, douch-bag behavior of Mr. Underwood. I'm happy that you are so relieved they are "whores". I'm disappointed, you as as a man, are relieved by his actions, as a married man doing what he did as a reason to rejoice and be justified in calling those women "whores".

I could care less what the Packer organization does, I sure hope Mrs. Underwood had all his clothes stuffed in garbage bags (yes there is a special meaning to putting them in garbage bags) in the garage when he arrived home. I hope she contacted an attorney the moment she found out and I hope she takes every cent from him she can. If she doesn't, she's a fool and deserves the jackass.

Holy Christ! Talk about over analyzing the shit out of something. Relax. Oh, and you do owe me an apology, but don't worry - I knew you three wouldn't give me one.

RashanGary
06-09-2010, 10:47 AM
There are posters whos MO is to get confrontational and jump down your throat.

I don't know how old you are, gbpackfan, but I'd guess younger than 25. Like Underwood, you are dealing with a grizzled vet here, who knows how to play this game.

You made a mistake with how you worded that, but there's an unmentionable word out there that fits pretty well with the type of nasty you see on these boards. Just avoid it. They want to take you down, hurt you for the hurt they've had in the past. Let her deal with it or live with it. Don't take it on for her.

Admit your mistake, don't worry about what she says to you, don't expect her to take responsibilty for how she treats others becuase you can't control that and move on. You'll be glad you did and nobody hates you here. There are a couple people who hate themselves and want you to hate yourself too.

gbpackfan
06-09-2010, 10:53 AM
There are posters whos MO is to get confrontational and jump down your throat.

I don't know how old you are, gbpackfan, but I'd guess younger than 25. Like Underwood, you are dealing with a grizzled vet here, who knows how to play this game.

You made a mistake with how you worded that, but there's an unmentionable word out there that fits pretty well with the type of nasty you see on these boards. Just avoid it.

I don't know anything about unmentionable words but I have noticed there are a lot of uptight people around here lately. Calm down, it was all in good fun. I never called any poster a whore, I only called the whores, whores.

People need to lighten up a little.

retailguy
06-09-2010, 11:14 AM

:P http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/bjtilt/08-51.gif

Scott Campbell
06-09-2010, 12:22 PM
It's a lil disturbing that you use the word "whore" so freely

Working girls? Is that better?

Lurker64
06-09-2010, 01:20 PM

I think "Sex Workers" is the preferred term.

Scott Campbell
06-09-2010, 02:42 PM

I think "Sex Workers" is the preferred term.

Good point - gender neutral.

Tony Oday
06-09-2010, 02:50 PM
money grubing hookers getting paid by a d bag that should know better than to pick up hookers...

Joemailman
06-09-2010, 05:51 PM
WOW, LOOK AT THIS!

Gotta admit. You're better at spotting a whore than I am. :wink:

For the record, I never said they weren't whores. I just thought you were a bit hasty in jumping to that conclusion.

Scott Campbell
06-09-2010, 05:55 PM
WOW, LOOK AT THIS!

Not Barry Sanders 4 sure

Except he did get hit behind the line of scrimmage and managed to gain positive yardage.

Fritz
06-09-2010, 06:17 PM
WOW, LOOK AT THIS!

Not Barry Sanders 4 sure

Okay, I apologize for thinking it was an insult if I called your mother or your girlfriend a whore.

Bretsky
06-09-2010, 07:40 PM
WOW, LOOK AT THIS!

Not Barry Sanders 4 sure

Except he did get hit behind the line of scrimmage and managed to gain positive yardage.

But then he came out with an in your face celebration to the DL
Barry would have just handed the ball to the ref
Barry is use to being right

mission
06-09-2010, 07:49 PM
WOW, LOOK AT THIS!

Not Barry Sanders 4 sure

Okay, I apologize for thinking it was an insult if I called your mother or your girlfriend a whore.

Luckily, his mother or girlfriend was not with Brandon Underwood that night.

Instead it was just two whores. :glug:

TennesseePackerBacker
06-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Who do you think you are?

The Leaper
06-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?

Scott Campbell
06-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?

How's the cost of living there?

mission
06-09-2010, 09:03 PM
made me laugh thinking about carmella from the sopranos

"who-ahs"

(or jersey shore for the youngsters :lol:)

gbpackfan
06-09-2010, 11:32 PM
WOW, LOOK AT THIS!

Not Barry Sanders 4 sure

Even that was probably tough for you to type, so I'll take it! :D