PDA

View Full Version : Nick Collins ??? Whatsup with OUR safety??

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 01:24 PM
??? Anyone ???

retailguy
08-02-2006, 01:29 PM
I also find it strange we've heard nothing. Nothing. Anyone seen him during practice? How is he performing?

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I also find it strange we've heard nothing. Nothing. Anyone seen him during practice? How is he performing?

retailguy:

It's just like he's vanished.I checked out all practise photo's and surfed all over looking for some answer.

ZIP !! :roll:

Let's get on this mystery.

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 01:33 PM
What do you have? red??

ANYONE ???

jack's smirking revenge
08-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Sophomore year curse. I haven't heard or read a thing about him either. Even our very own Nick Collins changed to Greg Jennings.... I don't think the "no news is good news" applies to the NFL. If the coaches aren't raving, then the player hasn't advanced. Collins was good last year, but we need him to make the big step to the next level of quality starter.

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2006, 01:40 PM
You think not hearing about him is a bad thing? We haven't heard anything about Aaron Kampman, Al Harris, Nick Barnett, Mark Tauscher either. To me, that is probably a good thing.

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Sophomore year curse. I haven't heard or read a thing about him either. Even our very own Nick Collins changed to Greg Jennings.... I don't think the "no news is good news" applies to the NFL. If the coaches aren't raving, then the player hasn't advanced. Collins was good last year, but we need him to make the big step to the next level of quality starter.

tyler

tyler:

I couldn't help noticing that his attitude in the OTA's left a little to be desired, from the press he got.

He was "in and out" alot more than I expected, IMO.

Now - this really has me guessing about T2's move on Mark Roman if "in fact" there is some problem(injury) or other concern involving this sophomore.

tyler?

Does that "sophomore jinx" apply to the NFL as he seems to in the NHL?

ny10804
08-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Last time he was mentioned on Packers.com: June 2nd -- link (http://packers.com/multimedia/video/2006_non_game_video/)

Let's just hope this is a case of "no news is good news"

EDIT - someone already said the same exact thing...

jack's smirking revenge
08-02-2006, 01:45 PM
You think not hearing about him is a bad thing? We haven't heard anything about Aaron Kampman, Al Harris, Nick Barnett, Mark Tauscher either. To me, that is probably a good thing.

I think its a bad thing that we haven't heard about his development. He's relatively new in our backfield and we're expecting A LOT out of him in 2006. All of the players you listed are established players, players with history and proven skill.... Collins showed flashes last year...

tyler

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 01:47 PM

Harvey:

At least, they are visable in TC. ie photo's of them.

and . . . Harvey.

WR Ruvell Martin is making plays, almost every day in practise. He seems to get decent position on the ball, and his desire is solid. Excellent height as well.

jack's smirking revenge
08-02-2006, 01:47 PM

tyler

tyler:

I couldn't help noticing that his attitude in the OTA's left a little to be desired, from the press he got.

He was "in and out" alot more than I expected, IMO.

Now - this really has me guessing about T2's move on Mark Roman if "in fact" there is some problem(injury) or other concern involving this sophomore.

tyler?

Does that "sophomore jinx" apply to the NFL as he seems to in the NHL?

I think the sophomore jinx applies more to QBs.... but, heck, why can't it apply to a Safety?

tyler

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Last time he was mentioned on Packers.com: June 2nd -- link (http://packers.com/multimedia/video/2006_non_game_video/)

ny10804 ! Solid!

Your "the Pink Panther". :mrgreen:

retailguy
08-02-2006, 01:50 PM

retailguy:

It's just like he's vanished.I checked out all practise photo's and surfed all over looking for some answer.

Woody,

I'm resisting the urge to make a comment about a legal proceeding and a certain poster who uses a bright color..... :mrgreen:

Partial
08-02-2006, 01:51 PM

I agree. I think the media likes to pick on the big guys when they suck, and hype up the young guys before they're established. Barely anyone who is established and playing as expected gets hype.

ny10804
08-02-2006, 01:52 PM

ny10804 ! Solid!

Your "the Pink Panther". :mrgreen:

I'm slow today. I edited it after I actually read the top half of the thread.

But I did check, and there are plenty of interviews/articles of/about Tausch, Nick Barnett, Al Harris, and Aaron...

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 01:54 PM

retailguy:

Woody,

I'm resisting the urge to make a comment about a legal proceeding and a certain poster who uses a bright color..... :mrgreen:

It wouldn't by any chance, have anything to do with the namesake of my very first love?

Sue? Noooo ! :mrgreen:

RashanGary
08-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Everyone knows I think this kid is a killer. He's so thick and compact that he can just crush people. He's really the antiRoman.

I don't know what practices you guys are going too, but the one's I'm going too they are only first contact with no tackling or hitting. Collins specialty is hitting just like Hawks. I don't think we get a full picture of what we have in RB's, S's, LB's, PR/KR's, or even CB's/WR's. Lineman are going full speed so we know a little there, but the rest of the players not playing QB are just not getting measured in the real game.

I've played touch football adn then I've played tackle with the same group in teh same day. It is a different game. HUGE difference.

Collins looks thicker too me. He looks more confident. He'll never be the type to shine in non contact drills. I saw a couple times he could have layed the smack down but pulled up. Some of those plays could be fumbles. Hawk is the same way. There were a couple plays where I just wished he could have hit.

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 02:04 PM
So you saw Nick Collins GregJennings!

GREAT. :mrgreen:

The mystery - that wasn't. :mrgreen:

jack's smirking revenge
08-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Well, at least I got to increase my post count hunting down a mystery that wasn't. In fact, I'm increasing my post count by posting this meaningless message right now.

Mystery solved?

tyler

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, at least I got to increase my post count hunting down a mystery that wasn't. In fact, I'm increasing my post count by posting this meaningless message right now.

Mystery solved?

tyler

Hey tyler.

Like your "Mug Shot" - MAD MAX !

The rest of it?

NO sweat nowwww !! :roll:

Partial
08-02-2006, 02:14 PM

Mystery solved?

tyler

Creppy Avatar!

ny10804
08-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Nick Collins has been acknowledged:

Linebacker A.J. Hawk intercepted his first pass: A Favre throw tipped by safety Nick Collins in seven-on-seven. Cornerback Charles Woodson also intercepted Favre in a team drill.

Link (http://www.jsonline.com/blog/?id=3)

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Nick Collins has been acknowledged:

Linebacker A.J. Hawk intercepted his first pass: A Favre throw tipped by safety Nick Collins in seven-on-seven. Cornerback Charles Woodson also intercepted Favre in a team drill.

Link (http://www.jsonline.com/blog/?id=3)

Nice job! :mrgreen: