PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Packers

Tony Oday
06-15-2010, 03:48 PM
I was thinking about the roster today and really where do you folks think a starter will be replaced? Harris will be back more than likely in week 6 so T Will will start there but he was a starter at the end of the year. The O line looks solid. So barring injury what do you all think?

Joemailman
06-15-2010, 03:58 PM
On offense, the only likely change will be that Finley will be the starting TE instead of Lee. On defense, the LDE position is wide open because of Jolly's legal situation. Burnett could possibly replace Bigby, although my money is still on Bigby. Brad Jones will be the starting LOLB.

b bulldog
06-15-2010, 06:23 PM
I have an idea Tramon will be having a lengthy holdout.

Joemailman
06-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Why do you think that Bulldog? Not saying it couldn't happen, but there's not much precedence for it in the Thompson era.

Brandon494
06-15-2010, 08:40 PM
I have an idea Tramon will be having a lengthy holdout.

I don't know why you think that because he is not as good as people act like he is.

Brandon494
06-15-2010, 08:43 PM
I was thinking about the roster today and really where do you folks think a starter will be replaced? Harris will be back more than likely in week 6 so T Will will start there but he was a starter at the end of the year. The O line looks solid. So barring injury what do you all think?

I don't see too many changes, but I would hope to see Burnett starting at SS and Q. Johnson starting at FB.

mission
06-15-2010, 11:32 PM

I don't see too many changes, but I would hope to see Burnett starting at SS and Q. Johnson starting at FB.

this -- and welcome back b

wist43
06-15-2010, 11:33 PM
TT didn't do much to help the team this year... I expect Burnett to start; Bulaga is going to take a year or two - most OT's do; Neil will be in the DL rotation, but it's not like he'll have much of an impact... and that's about it in the help dept :)

Where we needed help was at CB, LB, and everywhere on the OL... with no help coming at CB and LB, I fully expect good QB's and offenses to continue to shred our defense - not holding out much hope that Jarret Bush will morph into the next coming of Herb Adderley.

Who knows, maybe Minnesota, NO, Arizona, et al, will come back to us.

HarveyWallbangers
06-16-2010, 12:56 AM
TT didn't do much to help the team this year... I expect Burnett to start; Bulaga is going to take a year or two - most OT's do; Neil will be in the DL rotation, but it's not like he'll have much of an impact... and that's about it in the help dept :)

Where we needed help was at CB, LB, and everywhere on the OL... with no help coming at CB and LB, I fully expect good QB's and offenses to continue to shred our defense - not holding out much hope that Jarret Bush will morph into the next coming of Herb Adderley.

Who knows, maybe Minnesota, NO, Arizona, et al, will come back to us.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you can't expect many rookies to have an immediate impact. A team that builds through the draft isn't going to get that much better from their rookies (notwithstanding the occasional Clay Matthews). The team will be better if players drafted in the couple of years prior make big improvements. I'm talking about players like Jordy Nelson, Pat Lee, Jermichael Finley, Josh Sitton, Matt Flynn (hopefully, not needed), B.J. Raji, Brad Jones, T.J. Lang, Brandon Underwood, Jarius Wynn. Plus, some of the guys taken in the '07 draft can still improve.

Tarlam!
06-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Harvey again the voice of reason! Wisty again the voice of *cencored* :lol:

I wonder if Colledge won't be challenged on the O-line. Finley is a lock, but I thought he earned the starter role middle of last year already, so I don't see that as a replacement.

On the D-line, Raji starts at NT instead of Pickett, who in turn replaces Jolly. At least, that was my understanding.

I think we've discussed veteran cuts on another thread; I think we'll see more cuts than new starters. IMO, Poppinga is soon an ex-Packer and I don't see them with 3 FBs and 4 TEs, but hey, that's just me.

I wonder how "young" the team will be this season.

Brandon494
06-16-2010, 07:17 AM
I don't see Poppinga being cut with the depth we have at OLB.

I was so pissed when the Steelers seleceted Jason Worilds a few picks before us in the 2nd round, I really felt he would have been a Packer if he fell to us.

Brandon494
06-16-2010, 07:18 AM

this -- and welcome back b

thanks, I've been checking it but just not much to talk about during this time of the season.

mraynrand
06-16-2010, 07:43 AM
The O line looks solid.

:?:

So does the NASA astronaut program:

http://www3.hp-ez.com/img/2616/james_garner_tommy_lee_jones_donald_sutherland_cli nt_eastwood_space_cowboys_001%5B1%5D.jpg

SkinBasket
06-16-2010, 08:17 AM
The O line looks solid.

:?:

So does the NASA astronaut program:

http://www3.hp-ez.com/img/2616/james_garner_tommy_lee_jones_donald_sutherland_cli nt_eastwood_space_cowboys_001%5B1%5D.jpg

You could fashion a golem to play LT out of the make-up used in that photo shoot.

Fritz
06-16-2010, 11:00 AM
I hope that Quinn Johnson grabs the fullback position by the schnutts, and Brad Jones does the same at outside linebacker. I suspect that Bigby's holdout will cause trouble; if the young buck (Burnett? What's his name?) plays well in camp, Bigby could find himself with another team or on the bench, depending on how well Blackmon adapts to the safety position.

swede
06-16-2010, 11:56 AM
...if the young buck plays well in camp, Bigby could find himself with another team...

There are other teams looking for Bigby's skills:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/o3zrhR6jelM/0.jpg

retailguy
06-16-2010, 12:06 PM
...if the young buck plays well in camp, Bigby could find himself with another team...

There are other teams looking for Bigby's skills:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/o3zrhR6jelM/0.jpg

Do you think they can afford Colledge too?

packerbacker1234
06-17-2010, 02:14 AM
wait, was there a new report saying Harris was out for a lot longer? Every report I have seen has him back running and just working on another 2 months or so of intense rehab before they let him try to do everything again...

that would of put him WELL on pace to be ready to go week 1 of the regular season. Unless there is a set back I missed somewhere.