PDA

View Full Version : Grady Jackson fails physical in Atlanta

motife
04-09-2006, 02:21 AM
Hot News...Brett Favre announced today that he still needs time to announce his intentions for the 2006 season.

Packers FA DT Grady Jackson failed his physical with the Atlanta Falcons.

Fridays Free Agent signings...Green Bay signs Colts kicker Dave Raynor.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html

RashanGary
04-09-2006, 03:36 AM
I want to say LOL but I just feel bad for the guy that he's out of money and without a team with a broken down body.

He should have taken care of his body. :(

KYPack
04-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Wonder if it was his knee or his back?

It's kind of tough to be angry with big Grady. The guy played hard every down and never gave it less than 100%.

He was one of the best two gap tackles in the league.

packrulz
04-09-2006, 08:47 AM
I wonder why? Knees? Weight? I could see resigning Grady for minimum, or $1mil/yr. He'd be a good part time run stuffer.

Harlan Huckleby
04-09-2006, 09:40 AM
I DEFINITELY want Grady back. I was surprised he made it through last season, as you recall he had knee surgery that kept him from playing in the summer. He's done the job, and probably has a little life left in him.

GBRulz
04-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Hot News...Brett Favre announced today that he still needs time to announce his intentions for the 2006 season.

After reading that it's "hot news" that Favre needs more time to decide, I just have to wonder if the Grady part is a joke or not? ;)

I wish these threads could talk - so much easier for me to communicate sarcasm verbally :wink:

Fritz
04-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Question about Grady, though: how can we re-sign him if he's failed a physical in Atlanta? Tell our docs to let him pass, no matter what?

Be that as it may, I'd like to see the big guy back here, heck yeah. If he played only say 10 - 15 snaps a game he could give the line some real energy.

oregonpackfan
04-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Though many of us have joked about Jackson's enormous girth, what will his health be like 5-10 years from now? If he does not get his weight under control now or after his pro career, he is a cardiac arrest waiting to happen.

Oregonpackfan

Patler
04-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Question about Grady, though: how can we re-sign him if he's failed a physical in Atlanta? Tell our docs to let him pass, no matter what?

Be that as it may, I'd like to see the big guy back here, heck yeah. If he played only say 10 - 15 snaps a game he could give the line some real energy.

It often comes down to whether or not the team "accepts" the known condition. Both may know the same thing, one team fails him and another doesn't. "Failing a physical" isn't the same as "not able to play, per doctor's decision."

Fritz
04-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the info. Sign Grady up. pronto. Imagine him and Pickett and Kampman and Cole/Jenkins/Peterson lining up on a fourth and one.

Bretsky
04-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info. Sign Grady up. pronto. Imagine him and Pickett and Kampman and Cole/Jenkins/Peterson lining up on a fourth and one.

I agree; once a player fails a physical that is a salary deathwish. Especially for a big guy with bad knees.

But Grady ripped into TT a little; can TT swallow his pride and realize signing Grady to a one or two year deal would be a wise thing to do after that occured ? Because now he's probably coming cheap, and he'd be an outstanding addition to Green Bay.

Patler
04-09-2006, 12:52 PM
But Grady ripped into TT a little; can TT swallow his pride and realize signing Grady to a one or two year deal would be a wise thing to do after that occured ? Because now he's probably coming cheap, and he'd be an outstanding addition to Green Bay.

I think GM's have pretty thick skin. They have to.

Deputy Nutz
04-09-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't think it was his knees, or his back. It was his cholesterol level. Teams don't want fat pieces of shit collapsing in the hot Georgia sun when their cholesterol level is over 375, it is not good team policy.

Partial
04-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Sign him to a incentive contract where we gets a million bonus for losing 30-40 pound before camp.

Deputy Nutz
04-09-2006, 07:10 PM
The funny thing is when Sherman signed him to his extension he turned down all the work out and weight bonuses.

Partial
04-09-2006, 09:33 PM
interesting... I know I would stay in shape for a million bucks :D Especially when I get plenty of exercise working out with my team for 2/3 of the year.

billy_oliver880
04-09-2006, 09:37 PM
interesting... I know I would stay in shape for a million bucks :D Especially when I get plenty of exercise working out with my team for 2/3 of the year.

Hell for 2 % of that I would stay in shape.

BooHoo
04-10-2006, 02:37 PM
I would like to see the guy back. If he is healty enough, he could help stop the run up the middle.

Bretsky
04-10-2006, 09:36 PM
The funny thing is when Sherman signed him to his extension he turned down all the work out and weight bonuses.

Nutz,
Are you sure this was Grady ? I thought C Hunt was the one with all the workout/camp attending and weight bonuses ? I read about CH several times not bothering with attempting to get any of them, but have never read this about Grady.

woodbuck27
04-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Someone will get him eventually for the league minimum. I hope he didn't burn his bridges here and we are still an option for him.

He gave us good service . He was there 100% last Season compared to what most of us might have hoped for last August .

jack's smirking revenge
04-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Really, all Grady has to do is stand upright and move his arms around. As a two-gapper, he just needs to take up two OL and allow the rest of the defense to work around him. Heck, at his current weight, he may be a three-gapper.

tyler

Harlan Huckleby
04-11-2006, 02:57 PM
would you rather date a three-gapper or a double-bagger?