PDA

View Full Version : T.O., Bledsoe struggling to find rhythm

the_idle_threat
08-02-2006, 11:25 PM
They're like a couple of football virgins ... :razz:

Aug 2, 9:19 PM EDT

T.O., Bledsoe struggling to find rhythm

Associated Press - After the deep ball that didn't come close in a drill without defenders, the pass that was underthrown in double coverage and the one that went high, wide and out of bounds, Drew Bledsoe must have sensed frustration rising in Terrell Owens.

So the quarterback made a pre-emptive strike Wednesday morning. Soon after they went to the sideline, Bledsoe went looking for Owens, walking about 50 yards merely to give him an encouraging pat on the rear.

Such an exchange between most quarterbacks and receivers would hardly be noticed, especially during the seventh practice of training camp. However, everything that happens between this receiver and his quarterback is newsworthy.

"Every day is a day of improvement," Owens said following the practice and a chat with coach Bill Parcells, which included technical talk about hand placement on a specific type of catch.

"If we take a step back, we go back to the drawing board and we try to correct our mistakes and build on those the next day. Every day is critical, but it's no reason to panic right now."

The early session Wednesday in Oxnard, Calif., was the second straight in which Bledsoe and Owens were out of whack.

"We're getting there," Owens said. "We're not there yet, but as I said from Day 1, this is what training camp and practice is all about. We're not going to get it done in one day, a week. The season is yet to get here. Once the season starts, I feel we'll be ready."

Owens' attitude is a good sign for the Cowboys. They've invested $10 million this season alone in Owens being on his best behavior and so far he's showed no signs of the problems that prompted San Francisco and Philadelphia to give up on him regardless of his All-Pro ability.

Owens is the only newcomer among Dallas' top four receiving threats. Bledsoe already is comfortable throwing to Terry Glenn, Jason Witten and Patrick Crayton, so part of the problem with Owens right now could be the normal feeling-out process all quarterbacks and receivers must go through.

"That's what those drills are for, No. 1 to get our timing down and obviously for me to get some balls in my hands so I can get familiar with his touch," Owens said.

Parcells wouldn't elaborate on his talk with Owens, but the receiver called it "a good conversation."

"At this point, we're just trying to take it day-by-day, camp practice-by-camp practice," Owens said. "It's been fun so far."

Owens said they discussed "a little bit of everything," from football to diets.

"He's eating healthy these days," Owens said. "He's slimmed down. ... I kind of complimented him on his good shape coming into camp."

Meanwhile at Eagles camp, owner Jeffrey Lurie said it was a mistake to sign the outspoken wide receiver.

"I would not do it again," Lurie said in his annual state-of-the-team address. "You look back on it - one year great, the second year a disaster. Nobody should be able to be as disruptive and really cut the energy of the team down.

"I think we all learned from that."

Also Wednesday, the Cowboys and star safety Roy Williams agreed to a five-year deal worth $25.2 million, with $11.1 million guaranteed.

Williams was entering the final year of his rookie contract. The new deal gives him a raise this season and locks him up for four more years, through 2010.

"I am going to be a Cowboy for life," said Williams, who came to Dallas as the eighth overall pick in 2002. "I'm staying here."

Sounds just like the crap they were spewing when T.O. joined Philly. How long before the honeymoon is over? I think shit hits the fan by Week 13.

GrnBay007
08-02-2006, 11:29 PM
geeez, it's like you can already imagine what it will be like for Bledsoe to be raked over the coals. I feel for the guy already. :neutral:

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Drew Bledsoe and Terrell Owens will serve one another very well.

T.O. is an extremely talented WR.

I'll challenge all of you.

Name five better WR's in the NFL. Come on - go for it ! :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS !

GrnBay007
08-03-2006, 12:02 AM
TO is extremely talented. I don't recall anyone questioning that. Did anyone see the article today ...I think I read it on ESPN from the Eagles owner saying if he had to do it over again he never would have allowed TO on the team? It's very unfortunate that this guy has all this talent and he just can't keep his mouth shut to prevent all the chaos he brings to a team. That's why I said I feel for Bledsoe.

GrnBay007
08-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Here it is:

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Now that Terrell Owens is gone from Philadelphia, Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie says it was a mistake to sign the outspoken wide receiver.

"I would not do it again," Lurie said Wednesday in his annual state-of-the-team address. "You look back on it -- one year great, the second year a disaster. Nobody should be able to be as disruptive and really cut the energy of the team down.

"I think we all learned from that."

During his first year in Philadelphia, Owens helped the Eagles reach their first Super Bowl since the 1980 season. But he was a major disruption throughout last season. The Eagles endured a dismal, injury-plagued 6-10 season, and Owens' tenure in Philadelphia ended bitterly.

He signed on with the Dallas Cowboys, one of the Eagles' main rivals in the NFC East.

"If you don't have the chemistry, the talent and the help, with high-character people, you're not going to survive those downturns in the middle of the season," Lurie said.

However, Lurie won't let the Owens experiment make him more cautious.

"I'll always try to be aggressive and take risks and be willing to make mistakes," he said. "Yet at the same time when we're in the draft room or approaching free agency or picking up players or trading for players, character is probably No. 1.

"If you don't get past the character test, the teamwork test, you're not going to be on the Philadelphia Eagles."

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 12:07 AM
TO is extremely talented. I don't recall anyone questioning that. Did anyone see the article today ...I think I read it on ESPN from the Eagles owner saying if he had to do it over again he never would have allowed TO on the team? It's very unfortunate that this guy has all this talent and he just can't keep his mouth shut to prevent all the chaos he brings to a team. That's why I said I feel for Bledsoe.

Your so sweet. :oops: nawwww. You are.

the_idle_threat
08-03-2006, 12:13 AM
And she's so correct too! :razz:

GrnBay007
08-03-2006, 12:19 AM
well thank you sirs :cool:

Bretsky
08-03-2006, 12:22 AM

Never tell a chick she's right; they'll then start believing they are right 100% of the time.................wait..........they already do

GrnBay007
08-03-2006, 12:25 AM

Never tell a chick she's right; they'll then start believing they are right 100% of the time.................wait..........they already do

OK Mad Jr. :razz: :wink:

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 12:26 AM

I have beat myself up over this issue.

I just can't get past T.O.'s talent level, that counts with me alot more than
. . . " the Friday Night at the Dance " antic's he sometimes pulls, that are in effect harmless.

The idiot just wants attention but the talented WR, flat out makes outstanding plays that run the score up on his teams side. Favre would have commanded his respect for a joke.

Either that or Brett wouldn't lunch with him. What's with that, and the way that T.O. and McNabb were like in the beginning? We don't really know the real deal in Philadelphia? Before the Super Bowl comments negative to Donovan McNabb on behalf of T.O. . . . .

There had to be something else as T.O and McNabb were close.

Bretsky
08-03-2006, 12:31 AM
I think it could have worked as well; I could see BF and TO as buddies joking around with each other. I could also see BF looking TO's way very very often which is what he wants. I'd also envision the playoffs for us this year with TO.

GrnBay007
08-03-2006, 12:31 AM
It would be really cool to see Favre and TO play together....but not a chance I'd be willing to take to ruin the whole team. :neutral:

Maybe the two of them can try a televised sandlot game someday.

the_idle_threat
08-03-2006, 12:33 AM
To answer your challenge, Woody, I'll name 5 receivers I think are better than T.O..

All of these guys are talented ... T.O. hasn't cornered the market in that regard ... and they're all guys the team can count on:

1) Steve Smith (small but dynamic; had a great season last year under the new no-contact rules)

2) Chad Johnson (yeah he's kind of a loudmouth, but he knows where it stops)

3) Torry Holt (more consistent than most people realize; check his numbers over the last 5 years)

4) Marvin Harrison (savvy old pro; I read an article at sportsline last year where DBs generally considered him the very best)

5) Larry Fitzgerald (talented young player who is on the rise)

In additon to any of these 5, there are many others I would take over T.O. including Randy Moss. :shock:

the_idle_threat
08-03-2006, 12:38 AM

:lol:

That sounds like the kind of advice I'd get from my 3Xdivorced uncle ... :twisted:

GrnBay007
08-03-2006, 12:41 AM

That sounds like the kind of advice I'd get from my 3Xdivorced uncle ... :twisted:

Hey, he's keeping some attorney pretty happy! :D

Bretsky
08-03-2006, 12:43 AM

Na; I'm a married veteran of 11 years. Wife still digs me for whatever unknown reason.

the_idle_threat
08-03-2006, 12:45 AM
Surely she loves your avatar. :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
08-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Na; I'm a married veteran of 11 years. Wife still digs me for whatever unknown reason.

It's gotta be the grail factor. :shock:

Bretsky
08-03-2006, 12:53 AM

It's gotta be the grail factor. :shock:

We've been joking about going to a strip club sometime together. Chicks going there is hot.

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 01:13 AM
To answer your challenge, Woody, I'll name 5 receivers I think are better than T.O..

All of these guys are talented ... T.O. hasn't cornered the market in that regard ... and they're all guys the team can count on:

1) Steve Smith (small but dynamic; had a great season last year under the new no-contact rules)

2) Chad Johnson (yeah he's kind of a loudmouth, but he knows where it stops)

3) Torry Holt (more consistent than most people realize; check his numbers over the last 5 years)

4) Marvin Harrison (savvy old pro; I read an article at sportsline last year where DBs generally considered him the very best)

5) Larry Fitzgerald (talented young player who is on the rise)

In additon to any of these 5, there are many others I would take over T.O. including Randy Moss. :shock:

Not fair. You did my Quiz didn't you? but seriously. . .

How many games did those fellas play last season?

Now compare that answer to how many games T.O. played.

the_idle_threat
08-03-2006, 01:29 AM
From NFL.com

Steve Smith --- 16 games - 1563 Yds - 12 Tds

Chad Johnson --- 16 games - 1432 Yds - 9 Tds

Torry Holt --- 14 games - 1331 Yds - 9 Tds

Marvin Harrison --- 15 games - 1146 Yds - 12 Tds

Larry Fitzgerald --- 16 games - 1409 Yds - 10 Tds

How many games did T.O. play?

Terrell Owens --- 7 games - 763 Yds - 6 Tds

Why did T.O. only play 7 games?

Because he's a turd.

I rest my case! :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 01:36 AM
From NFL.com

Steve Smith --- 16 games - 1563 Yds - 12 Tds

Chad Johnson --- 16 games - 1432 Yds - 9 Tds

Torry Holt --- 14 games - 1331 Yds - 9 Tds

Marvin Harrison --- 15 games - 1146 Yds - 12 Tds

Larry Fitzgerald --- 16 games - 1409 Yds - 10 Tds

How many games did T.O. play?

Terrell Owens --- 7 games - 763 Yds - 6 Tds

Why did T.O. only play 7 games?

Because he's a turd.

I rest my case! :mrgreen:

Ahhhh .You see my point. :mrgreen:

CaptainKickass
08-03-2006, 02:01 PM
and obviously for me to get some balls in my hands so I can get familiar with his touch," Owens said.

Ok - did anyone else read that and think "T.O. must be gay"?

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 02:26 PM
and obviously for me to get some balls in my hands so I can get familiar with his touch," Owens said.

He needs a press secretary. . maybe a cool chick !! :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
08-04-2006, 07:55 AM

Nah ... he wasn't asking for balls on his chin!

MJZiggy
08-04-2006, 08:19 AM

He needs a press secretary. . maybe a cool chick !! :mrgreen:

Sorry, I'm not available for that job. Don't need to be working for the Amanda Priestly of the NFL.

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Updated: Aug. 4, 2006, 8:55 PM ET

T.O.'s sore hamstring puts him on bike, out of practice

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2539522

Updated: Aug. 4, 2006, 11:58 PM ET

Parcells unhappy with progress at Dallas camp

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2539974

Scott Campbell
08-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Bill doesn't look all that unhappy to me.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/TunaPants.jpg

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Even Bill has his moments of delierium Scott.

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 08:50 PM
MRI on Cowboys' Owens shows no damage:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/9587481

oregonpackfan
08-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Mark my words: by December 1st, 2006, T.O. will be questioning Coach Parcells' play-calling, complaining he is not getting the ball enough, alienating his teammates, and making derogatory comments about Drew Bledsoe's sexual orientation.

Past behavior is often an indicator of future behavior. So it will be so with T.O.

OPF

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Mark my words: by December 1st, 2006, T.O. will be questioning Coach Parcells' play-calling, complaining he is not getting the ball enough, alienating his teammates, and making derogatory comments about Drew Bledsoe's sexual orientation.

Past behavior is often an indicator of future behavior. So it will be so with T.O.

OPF

It's certainly one of the most interesting watch's for NFL fans. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-10-2006, 07:45 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4159043

Article Launched: 08/10/2006 01:00:00 AM MDT

Broncos notes:

Cowboys need receiver

Dallas could enter the mix for Broncos wide receiver Ashley Lelie, a holdout. Cowboys coach Bill Parcells told reporters Wednesday his team is interested in acquiring a receiver. Lelie is one of the top wideouts available.

Chicago and Philadelphia have shown recent interest in Lelie, who has amassed $196,000 in fines for missing training camp.