PDA

View Full Version : JAMARCUS RUSSELL GETS ARRESTED

packers11
07-05-2010, 06:50 PM
pft.com

Former Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell, the first overall pick in the 2007 draft and arguably the biggest bust in NFL history, continued his descent into oblivion on Monday with an arrest for possession of a controlled substance.

Daniela Werner of the Mobile (Ala.) Press-Register reports that Russell was arrested in his home during an undercover investigation that resulted in the discovery of codeine syrup, which often is mixed with soda and called "purple drank" or "lean" or "sizzurp."

Booked at 4:22 p.m. ET, Russell has posted bail in the amount of $2,500. He's due in court on July 20.

Maybe he's simply trying to get the Bengals' attention.

Biggest bust ever??? I never thought he was a first round pick let alone a #1 pick... I knew he would be a bust... Goodbye J-Russell...

Joemailman
07-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Please tell me Johnny Jolly was not there.

retailguy
07-05-2010, 10:33 PM

He was doin' the sellin'. Him and 'ole Cleedius....

woodbuck27
07-06-2010, 05:32 AM
pft.com

Former Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell, the first overall pick in the 2007 draft and arguably the biggest bust in NFL history, continued his descent into oblivion on Monday with an arrest for possession of a controlled substance.

Daniela Werner of the Mobile (Ala.) Press-Register reports that Russell was arrested in his home during an undercover investigation that resulted in the discovery of codeine syrup, which often is mixed with soda and called "purple drank" or "lean" or "sizzurp."

Booked at 4:22 p.m. ET, Russell has posted bail in the amount of $2,500. He's due in court on July 20.

Biggest bust ever??? I never thought he was a first round pick let alone a #1 pick... I knew he would be a bust... Goodbye J-Russell...

Jeeeeeze....some guys ! So messed up. :?:

woodbuck27
07-06-2010, 05:39 AM
pft.com

Biggest bust ever???....mmmmm

Shoot. Randy Moss looked like a bust on that team. Maybe being on the Raiders drove him (JR) to narcotics :?:

BlueBrewer
07-06-2010, 10:25 AM
[quote=Joemailman]Please tell me Johnny Jolly was not there.

Maybe it was Jolly and a case of mistaken identity, Jemarcus is looking like a DT these days....

bobblehead
07-06-2010, 10:40 AM

My big concern is that this flags the codeine syrup as a potentially bigger and spreading problem. Now the NFL might be more likely to hammer Jolly and send a message to the players.

BlueBrewer
07-06-2010, 10:49 AM

My big concern is that this flags the codeine syrup as a potentially bigger and spreading problem. Now the NFL might be more likely to hammer Jolly and send a message to the players.

I'm fine with a 4 game suspension, I am afraid of the four year prison sentence.

Guiness
07-06-2010, 03:48 PM

Maybe it was Jolly and a case of mistaken identity, Jemarcus is looking like a DT these days....

True, dat. I think he's got 15lbs on Jolly at last sighting!

In other news, what IS that your dog is sitting beside? A dead moose?

BlueBrewer
07-06-2010, 07:18 PM

True, dat. I think he's got 15lbs on Jolly at last sighting!

About 24 dead ducks, Blue Bills, Red Heads, Canvasbacks, Ruddy Ducks, and Mallards.

Little Whiskey
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM

I've never hunted moose with a dog.....maybe it works?