PDA

View Full Version : "Getting to Know Andrew Quarless"

Patler
07-12-2010, 06:52 AM
I know its just a Packer website article, but he does come across much more level headed than some make him out to be. I guess we'll see in the upcoming years:

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2010/07/07/1/

I like that he doesn't try to deny the negatives, he acknowledges that they happened, and at least says the right things:

What do you want Packer fans to know about you as a person?
I feel like I came in with a lot of baggage and they were writing a lot of articles about me before I even got here. I just really want to let them know when I first came in that I have learned from my mistakes and I am ready to play hard. All I really want to do is contribute any way I can. I just want them to know that I am going to work hard. With no hard work, there's no results. That's the way I am approaching it. I want them to know I'm a worker, and a nice guy.

Fritz
07-12-2010, 08:26 AM
In the coming years, Patler? Is this off-season optimism on your part?

retailguy
07-12-2010, 09:26 AM

No, he reminds him of Atlas Herrion. :D

Patler
07-12-2010, 10:33 AM

It doesn't take an awful lot of optimism to reference "years" for a fifth round draft pick. For the most part, TT has kept his around on the roster or on the practice squad for at least a couple years, except for Clowney and Meredith who were snatched from the PS by other teams. I figure Quarless will get at least this season and next TC at a minimum, thus the "upcoming years.".

Fritz
07-12-2010, 03:47 PM
So aside from potential injuries, you see Lee being given the pink slip? Or havner?

Patler
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
So aside from potential injuries, you see Lee being given the pink slip? Or havner?

Probably Havner, unless he makes it as the #10 or so linebacker. But if Quarless comes on real strong, such that they would be content with him starting if Finley was out, they might try to swing a late trade of Lee. I don't expect that to happen, and I expect Lee to remain the #2 TE, with Quarless as #3.

sharpe1027
07-12-2010, 05:01 PM

Probably Havner, unless he makes it as the #10 or so linebacker. But if Quarless comes on real strong, such that they would be content with him starting if Finley was out, they might try to swing a late trade of Lee. I don't expect that to happen, and I expect Lee to remain the #2 TE, with Quarless as #3.

The seem to like using Lee as a pass-blocker that lines up in the backfield. That's important since they didn't let any of the three fullbacks (or Grant) do that job very often. :lol:

Lurker64
07-12-2010, 08:20 PM

The seem to like using Lee as a pass-blocker that lines up in the backfield. That's important since they didn't let any of the three fullbacks (or Grant) do that job very often. :lol:

Interestingly, it seems that one of the less reported gimmicks the league is using these days is instead of blocking TEs, teams are increasingly just using extra offensive linemen. It certainly hurts you in terms of unpredictability, but most team's top backup OL is a much better blocker than their top blocking TE. Especially since we'll have a first round pick presumable LT of the future sitting on the bench, there's no guarantee that we'll keep a TE just because he blocks better than the other ones.

retailguy
07-12-2010, 10:43 PM

I vote Lee getting cut but I'd love to be wrong.