PDA

View Full Version : Walker taught lesson

SD GB fan
08-03-2006, 12:50 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/08/02/rod.smith/index.html

jerk :wink:

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Awesome article. Thanks. :mrgreen:

I believe, we have such a player in Green Bay that plays the same position as Denver's Rod Smith. His name. .

Donald Driver.

GBRulz
08-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the article, SD. Although I don't think JW is deserving of having his own thread, it should be titled something about the great attitude Rod Smith has towards the game.

I can imagine that it's difficult for the older players to see these young players come into the league without any respect for the game, just looking for the money.

MJZiggy
08-03-2006, 09:49 AM
It's nice to know, though that not ALL the young players are just cashing in. I can imagine one of our own freshmen ten years down the road advising the next generation of players.

gureski
08-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Note that the article doesn't show Walker going over to the D-backs....it's Smith going over to make sure things were good. It speaks volumes that there is nothing written about Walker's reaction or his efforts to deal with the situation. Obviously, if a guy goes out of his way like Smith did, Walker must've gone overboard in some fashion.

GoPackGo
08-03-2006, 10:33 AM
It seems like Rod Smith might make a good coach when he retires.

As for Jwalk I don't think he was demeaning his teammates by celebrating during traing camp.

Creepy
08-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Walker will have good numbers because he has Smith on the other side. His best year, and Walker had Driver who was only about 200 yrads off his total yards that year. The real deal will come when Walker doesn't have a #1 WR to support him. Let him start and do his magic with WR like Ferguson & Chatman.

Hopefully Walker will realize just how good it is to be a team player than an individual or he will become TO-2.

ahaha
08-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Was Champ Bailey going to cry? I mean how dare Walker raise his arms in celebration of a good play? If it weren't for Rod Smith, all the Denver DB's would hate Walker and want to kill him, destroying their team chemistry.

What a big pile of bulls@#t. Football is supposed to be for tough guys, not sillynannies who get their feelings hurt in practice. Walker, Bailey, and the other DB's probably didn't think this was any big deal. They probably thought Smith was acting like a boob. I'm sure Rod Smith is a great guy and teamate and all, but this article is just plain gay!

MadtownPacker
08-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Odds are the traitor will never accomplish what Smith has in the NFL.

Creepy
08-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Maybe the next time Baily takes Walkers head off. In TC you play your position but you dont' get down withthe starters. To raise your arms when the DB is more than likely NOT trying to kill you is stupid. It is like the 35 year old Dad running over his 5 year old son and throwing his hands in the air.

Let baily or Lynch clobber him on one of his routes and then we'll here Walkert cry becaus ethe hit him hard during a TC. These are your teamates and you do not disprespectthat. That is why Driver and Smith are leaders and Walker is TO-2.

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Was Champ Bailey going to cry? I mean how dare Walker raise his arms in celebration of a good play? If it weren't for Rod Smith, all the Denver DB's would hate Walker and want to kill him, destroying their team chemistry.

What a big pile of bulls@#t. Football is supposed to be for tough guys, not sillynannies who get their feelings hurt in practice. Walker, Bailey, and the other DB's probably didn't think this was any big deal. They probably thought Smith was acting like a boob. I'm sure Rod Smith is a great guy and teamate and all, but this article is just plain gay!

GAY, Ehh !! :mrgreen:

I thought the focus - the meat of the article, was to be complimentry to Rod Smith and his status on the Bronco's. I felt this article was an excellent piece, on a real PRO football player.

ahaha
08-03-2006, 11:17 AM

I thought the focus - the meat of the article, was to be complimentry to Rod Smith and his status on the Bronco's. I felt this article was an excellent piece, on a real PRO football player.

I realize it was it was meant to honor Rod Smith. I'm sure he's the consumate pro. But, who cares if Walker did a little celebrating? Are pro football players that thin-skinned? Smith was being over sensitive.

Creepy
08-03-2006, 11:18 AM
If I had my choice right now, I would love to have both Driver & Smith as WR in GB. Between leadership, playing ability and heart they woudl be unstoppable.

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 12:12 PM

I realize it was it was meant to honor Rod Smith. I'm sure he's the consumate pro. But, who cares if Walker did a little celebrating? Are pro football players that thin-skinned? Smith was being over sensitive.

I see your point Creepy.

I get the impression that Mike Shanahan is a no nonsense fella, and maybe, he told Rod Smith to rein Javon in?

Walker thinks he's got to be ala Terrell Owen's.

That maybe "the Showboating " will get him on "the NFL on Sunday " highlight reel, and attract the attention of Company's for endorsements? Maybe, he should have paid attention to what works for Brett Favre.

The first thing that Javon Walker has to do. Is be a Denver Bronco now and all that really means; to overcome the tarnish he put on himself in Green Bay.

HOLD THE FAITH - PACKERS !

gureski
08-03-2006, 12:40 PM

You couldn't have missed the point more if you were trying. If Rod Smith felt the need to go over and say something and step in then that ought to tell you it was more than just a little 'YAHHH' celebration. It had to be more or else Smith wouldn't have stepped in. How long has Smith been in the NFL? If he's stepping in then I'm going to trust that it wasn't just a little rah rah thing.

Second, those are his teammates. His NEW teammates, to be precise. And Walker is coming in with a bad rep. That's not a great way to endure yourself and create a good lockerroom. It says something about Walker. The article isn't about that, but I think you can see that. That was my point.

ahaha
08-03-2006, 01:45 PM

You couldn't have missed the point more if you were trying. If Rod Smith felt the need to go over and say something and step in then that ought to tell you it was more than just a little 'YAHHH' celebration. It had to be more or else Smith wouldn't have stepped in. How long has Smith been in the NFL? If he's stepping in then I'm going to trust that it wasn't just a little rah rah thing.

Second, those are his teammates. His NEW teammates, to be precise. And Walker is coming in with a bad rep. That's not a great way to endure yourself and create a good lockerroom. It says something about Walker. The article isn't about that, but I think you can see that. That was my point.

I missed the point, even though I didn't try? What?!?!
Maybe Rod Smith is worried that his days with the Boncos might be numbered, so he takes the opportunity to try and make the coaches see that he's a good leader and mentor, even if the situation didn't really merit it.
Training camp is full of heated rivalries and fights. I stick by my view, that Rod Smith was being a sillynanny.

ahaha
08-03-2006, 01:47 PM

I missed the point, even though I didn't try? What?!?!
Maybe Rod Smith is worried that his days with the Broncos might be numbered, so he takes the opportunity to try and make the coaches see that he's a good leader and mentor, even if the situation didn't really merit it.
Training camp is full of heated rivalries and fights. I stick by my view, that Rod Smith was being a sillynanny.

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 02:39 PM
I think - I know. . . that Rod Smith was simply being - Rod Smith. :mrgreen: