PDA

View Full Version : WR Rankings

HarveyWallbangers
07-13-2010, 11:22 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArlZBHdupZs8jfzeZPVqEuPsYNAF?slug=jc-directsnap050710

5. Green Bay Packers: Greg Jennings(notes) and Donald Driver(notes) lead a deep group of receivers. If TE Jermichael Finley(notes) continues to develop, watch out.

I'd put us 4th.

HarveyWallbangers
07-13-2010, 11:24 PM
DP

bobblehead
07-14-2010, 12:10 AM
I think the emergence of Finley could make us arguably the best of all. Jennings is equal to nearly anyone as a deep threat, very few work the middle like Driver, and Finley is going to rival Gates this season. Add 2 guys who look good when given opportunity and I think we could debatably be first.

Lurker64
07-14-2010, 03:15 AM
I'd put us ahead of San Diego (because Vincent Jackson is their only dependable WR and he doesn't look to be playing a lot of football this year, Malcom Floyd is not all that special) and about even with Minnesota. Where we suffer here is due to a lack of recognizable nationwide superstars, but this is a very, very good group of receivers. Definitely one that exceeds the sum of its parts on the field.

packerbacker1234
07-14-2010, 11:04 AM
I'd put us ahead of San Diego (because Vincent Jackson is their only dependable WR and he doesn't look to be playing a lot of football this year, Malcom Floyd is not all that special) and about even with Minnesota. Where we suffer here is due to a lack of recognizable nationwide superstars, but this is a very, very good group of receivers. Definitely one that exceeds the sum of its parts on the field.

Yeah, it's clear the chargers are only so high because, well, Antonia Gates is simply that good. Guys is a freak of nature in the pass game, something we can only hope that Finely develops into over the course of his career.

We do have enough around to be considered for #1, that's for sure. I'll give the vikings credit for what they have, and sure some other teams like the colts and saints have some good weapons, but we have a weapon to match almost every weapon any other team does, and we have possibly the best depth of anyone.

Donald Lee isn't great, but he is an extremely solid, and experienced, backup at TE. We have two wr's behind DD and Jennings that we figure are at least servicable if they had to play a lot.

Overall, our team has passing threats EVERYWHERE but, save, the RB position. We figure that one out, and I am not sure what team is truly better.

hoosier
07-14-2010, 12:58 PM
I would put GB third, ahead of Minnesota and San Diego (assuming Vincent Jackson does hold out). It's not at all clear to me how anyone could rank Minnesota ahead of, or even equal to Green Bay.

Jennings = Rice
Driver > Berrian based on consistency
Finley > Shiancoe ("greater than or equal to" or "soon to ascend beyond")
Green Bay's #3 and #4 are probably quite a bit better than Minnesota's, even if Harvin is more dangerous than either Nelson or Jones. Minn's #4 is either Greg Lewis or Jaymar Johnson; neither of them would have a remote chance of making GB's roster. The backup TEs are more or less a wash.

Bretsky
07-14-2010, 11:41 PM
I'd put us at 4 as well

I wonder if this is finally the year we see Driver's numbers start falling off

I could see Finley taking catches and Nelson and Jones starting to equalize the touches so Driver ends up being a 50 catch 750-900 yard guy.

Fritz
07-17-2010, 06:26 AM
All this comparing is giving me a migraine...I don't think I'm going to be able to post today.

But I hope to be back on Sunday.

TennesseePackerBacker
07-17-2010, 12:48 PM
As much as I hate to say it, dont you think Minnesota's top WR corps. has more to do with Brett Favre than anything else? We aren't talking about this same group of recievers if it's Tavaris Jackson/Rosenfels throwing the ball around last year.

The Leaper
07-17-2010, 01:46 PM
As much as I hate to say it, dont you think Minnesota's top WR corps. has more to do with Brett Favre than anything else? We aren't talking about this same group of recievers if it's Tavaris Jackson/Rosenfels throwing the ball around last year.

You mean Antonio Freeman was really never that great of a WR? Your point obviously is very valid...Favre has made WRs throughout his career, and that didn't change when he went to Minnesota.

However, Jennings and Driver wouldn't look too great with Jackson/Rosenfels throwing them the ball either.

retailguy
07-17-2010, 01:55 PM
All this comparing is giving me a migraine...I don't think I'm going to be able to post today.

Just put the kool-aid glasses back on. There. Isn't that better?

Get back to work! :twisted:

Fritz
07-18-2010, 06:08 AM

Just put the kool-aid glasses back on. There. Isn't that better?

Get back to work! :twisted:

Some Minny fan should tell Percy Harvin about those kool-aid glasses.