PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Reynolds question

Lurker64
07-18-2010, 08:55 PM
My memory is failing me here, when we tried to trade him to the Colts and the trade was voided because he failed his physical, does anybody know what he failed that physical for?

Conspiratorially, I suspect that the Colts, upon seeing him in person determined that he was, in fact, too small and came up with an excuse to void the trade, but that's probably not a fact.

Fritz
07-19-2010, 07:39 AM
I have a vague recollection of talk of a trade. Indy was offering a cornfield outside of Terre Haute and two hot dog vendors. Then they voided it.

hoosier
07-19-2010, 07:56 AM
I don't think the reason for failed phyiscal is usually reported, is it? I googled Reynolds and only found "failed physical" as reason for Colts negating the trade. His main injuries with the Packers, if memory serves, were knee related, so my guess would be that something was unresolved or badly healed there. Maybe Jamal was a slug with the rehab and had restricted mobility or something. But during my brief online excursion I did discover that he totaled three sacks during his three years as a Packer. That is three more than I remember.

Pugger
07-19-2010, 11:48 AM
My memory is getting bad as I get older but didn't he have a back issue??? :?:

SkinBasket
07-19-2010, 01:49 PM
My memory is getting bad as I get older but didn't he have a back issue??? :?:

A lower back issue. He sucked ass.

Joemailman
07-19-2010, 04:29 PM
I believe they did a heart scan and found nothing.

Little Whiskey
07-19-2010, 04:35 PM
I have a vague recollection of talk of a trade. Indy was offering a cornfield outside of Terre Haute and two hot dog vendors. Then they voided it.

the pack would have made out on this deal!!

CaliforniaCheez
07-20-2010, 08:13 PM
My memory is failing me here, when we tried to trade him to the Colts and the trade was voided because he failed his physical, does anybody know what he failed that physical for?

Conspiratorially, I suspect that the Colts, upon seeing him in person determined that he was, in fact, too small and came up with an excuse to void the trade, but that's probably not a fact.

Failing the physical for lack of strength and lack of speed.

Just think, because he was a bust Joe Johnson was signed to a big contract that got Vonnie Holiday upset enough to leave.

A first round bust can sure upset your team and salary cap.

Bossman641
07-20-2010, 10:02 PM
I couldn't find an exact reason for the failed physical, but considering he had a knee history that would be my guess.

swede
07-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Just think, because he was a bust Joe Johnson was signed to a big contract that got Vonnie Holiday upset enough to leave.

I think this is true. You can draw a nice line between Jamaal Reynolds, Joe Johnson, trading up for DL draft busts, and too much money for Cletidus.

Plus, in an effort to paint over the Too Small Jamaal issue, we squandered draft picks and money that might have been used on better players at other positions. That horrendous pick may have been one of the reasons Brett didn't get a second ring during the Mike Sherman era.

The Jon Michaels pick from an earlier draft didn't help much either, but we got so lucky with Tauscher it didn't matter as much.

hoosier
07-21-2010, 02:43 PM
That horrendous pick may have been one of the reasons Brett didn't get a second ring during the Mike Sherman era.

Which one?!? Oops, wrong thread.

swede
07-21-2010, 02:53 PM
That horrendous pick may have been one of the reasons Brett didn't get a second ring during the Mike Sherman era.

Which one?!? Oops, wrong thread.

The gift that keeps on giving... 8-)

mraynrand
07-21-2010, 03:10 PM

I think this is true. You can draw a nice line between Jamaal Reynolds, Joe Johnson, trading up for DL draft busts, and too much money for Cletidus.

Plus, in an effort to paint over the Too Small Jamaal issue, we squandered draft picks and money that might have been used on better players at other positions. That horrendous pick may have been one of the reasons Brett didn't get a second ring during the Mike Sherman era.

The Jon Michaels pick from an earlier draft didn't help much either, but we got so lucky with Tauscher it didn't matter as much.

reason number 1 was the injury plagued 2002 season. The Packers were really on a roll at 8-1, and injuries absolutely decimated them.

reason number 2 is Jamall Reynolds. It's painful to recall that Dan Morgan, Marcus Stroud, and Casey Hampton were all available just after that #10 pick. Plus, we fricken traded Hasselbeck to move up. What a disaster (Hampton they coulda had if they'd just stayed put). Sometimes a single bad draft pick can mean the difference between a good and great team and the JR pick was one of those picks (they get a great player instead of JR, they go after someone else with that Joe Johnson money). ARRRRRGGGGHHH!

DonHutson
07-22-2010, 08:02 PM
I too recall a back issue.

No spine.