PDA

View Full Version : Read something that will make you feel better

CaliforniaCheez
07-21-2010, 06:27 PM
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13641

Lions fans describing their individual most embarrassing moment as Lions fans.

After reading that I just don't feel so bad about some Packers mistakes.

RashanGary
07-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Wow, those are some good, loyal fans. You can tell they watch every single game. They have these strong memories of no name players from 2003 or 2005. Guys that would compare to Taco Wallace or Robert Thomas. . .

If they win the SB in the near future, I know it means they probably beat us, but I'd be happy for those fans. They put their heart into that team. It would remind me of when we won it. I remember my dad saying the only team that was bad for longer than us might have been the Lions. That was in the 1987-1990 range. The euphoria that Packer fans had after losing for so long, that's what it would be like for the Lions.

Gunakor
07-21-2010, 11:37 PM
I remember my dad saying the only team that was bad for longer than us might have been the Lions.

http://www.typesett.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/nfl-logos-02.jpg

Guiness
07-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Problem with that Cards emblem is that it reminds me of my most embarrassing moment as a Packer fan - it was that really hot game, early in the season against the Cards. It was hot as hell, the players were running those A/C hoses into their unis.

I knew it was a bad sign. It was like the frozen trundra, in reverse. We lost the game to a much inferior opponent.

I have to feel for those Lions fans as well - no one has taken it in the teeth more then them.

Spaulding
07-22-2010, 09:10 AM
You might include Cleveland Brown fans. Their city has never won a championship of any kind and have been jilted by Art Modell when he moved the team in the middle of the night, not to mention the recent rejection by LeBron.

The heartbreaks they've had from the fumble (Ernest Byner), the drive (kudos to Elway), etc. are pretty bad. Not to mention the football product on the field has been brutal since the NFL came back to the city. I think they've only made the playoffs once since 1999 and were one and done.

hoosier
07-22-2010, 09:39 AM
You might include Cleveland Brown fans. Their city has never won a championship of any kind and have been jilted by Art Modell when he moved the team in the middle of the night, not to mention the recent rejection by LeBron.

The heartbreaks they've had from the fumble (Ernest Byner), the drive (kudos to Elway), etc. are pretty bad. Not to mention the football product on the field has been brutal since the NFL came back to the city. I think they've only made the playoffs once since 1999 and were one and done.

Cleveland Browns have won 4 NFL championships and 8 championships overall, the most recent in 1964. The Indians have won two World Series, the last in 1948. If you just look at 1920s-1960s, Cleveland has a very successful sports history. :lol: