PDA

View Full Version : Inception

Bossman641
07-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Thoughts?

I saw it last night and thought it was really good.

Zool
07-22-2010, 08:54 AM
I went to it the other day. I thought I had it figured out about 20 minutes in. Then they had me doubting myself until the very last second when I was right after all.

Good movie.

Bossman641
07-22-2010, 09:13 AM
I went to it the other day. I thought I had it figured out about 20 minutes in. Then they had me doubting myself until the very last second when I was right after all.

Good movie.

What do you mean right all along?

SPOILER

So do you think he was in reality and had it made it back at the end or was it a dream?

Zool
07-22-2010, 09:20 AM

Good movie.

SPOILER

So do you think he was in reality and had it made it back at the end or was it a dream?

HUGE SPOILER ALERT

The top didnt stop spinning at the end. The entire thing was in dream state. He's trapped in his own mind.

Bossman641
07-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Good movie.

SPOILER

HUGE SPOILER ALERT

The top didnt stop spinning at the end. The entire thing was in dream state. He's trapped in his own mind.

SPOILERS

It was definitely an interesting movie, one of the better ones I have seen in a while. It leaves a lot to the viewer to decide.

For example, while we didn't get to see the top fall, it definitely looked like it was slowing down at the end.

The recurring shot of his kids turning around. It looked identical from the dream sequences to the ending. However, somebody pointed out that the kids were wearing slightly different clothes in the last shot. I will have to watch out for that the next time I see it.

I also saw another reviewer point out that anytime it is "real" he does not have a wedding ring on while anytime it is a "dream" he does.

But then of course, if the whole thing is a dream, the wedding ring and changing clothes would mean nothing anyways.

Scott Campbell
07-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Thoughts?

Don't shoot people in the head unless you're absolutely sure you're dreaming.

mraynrand
07-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Thoughts?

Don't shoot people in the head unless you're absolutely sure you're dreaming.

I kinda have the opposite philosophy.