PDA

View Full Version : Packers OC admits concern with Driver's knees

packers11
07-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin acknowledged that the status of Donald Driver's surgically repaired knees is a concern.

"Obviously, we have to see what happens with Driver's knee when he comes back," said Philbin. "...I haven't seen him do anything since January 10." Philbin also confirmed that he expects more playing time for James Jones and Jordy Nelson. Last season, Driver wound up averaging nearly 60 snaps per game. In order to keep him healthy at age 35, the Packers could cut that number down to around 45-50. We're avoiding Driver in fantasy drafts. Jul. 25 - 11:37 pm et

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentine

rbaloha1
07-26-2010, 10:08 AM
DD may not be as explosive but still knows how to get open.

Scott Campbell
07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
It's sad but true. The wheels could come off at anytime. Hopefully he's got one more season left in the tank for us to enjoy. But it's not a given.

Joemailman
07-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Hopefully, he'll be healthy, but with Driver the knees are everything. He's not big and not particularly fast. With him, the ability to make sharp cuts is his game. Without healthy knees, what you saw late last year is what you'll get.

gbgary
07-26-2010, 02:15 PM
i can't remember any knee issues of any consequence with donald in the past. other than age what's the concern now?

Joemailman
07-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Well, he did have surgery on both knees in the offseason.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/96194464.html

gbgary
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
great! i didn't think it was much of anything. so he's had a bit of a clean-out and now feels great. knowing donald he won't stand for having his playing time cut and heck...who want's to see one of the others out there in his place...i sure don't.

RashanGary
07-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Donald's snaps cut back maybe 10%-15%. I'd like to see Jones and Jordy get more chances. In Jones rookie year, he was unanimous #3 WR and he had a great rookie year. I think both him and Jordy have the type of talent, if they ever got the chances, to blow Jones' rookie numbers out of the water.

packerbacker1234
07-26-2010, 08:09 PM
I think the trainers have just been overly careful with him, given he is a veteran player. Driver has stated in many interviews this offseason at practice that he feels great, and can now do workouts again he use to not be able to do the last few seasons. Something tells me driver and his knees are fine, the OC is just preparing for the worst.

retailguy
07-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Philbin is yanking your chain people! :D

You can't believe ANYTHING that comes out of these guys mouths. Driver said he's fine. He's fine. :lol:

bobblehead
07-27-2010, 02:02 AM
It's sad but true. The wheels could come off at anytime. Hopefully he's got one more season left in the tank for us to enjoy. But it's not a given.

It would be nice to win it all while DD is still a major contributor, but with that being said, it would also be nice to see Jordy and JJ TAKE playing time from DD, not get it by default.

packerbacker1234
07-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Philbin is yanking your chain people! :D

You can't believe ANYTHING that comes out of these guys mouths. Driver said he's fine. He's fine. :lol:

Well, if it is true he can do workouts now he couldn't last year, isn't that a pretty significant sign that he is better overall than he was last year due to the surgery? it is in my book.

Fritz
07-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Read a little report on Jones/Nelson - I think it was the JSO report on receivers. Sounds like Jones is built like a Mack truck but does not play that strong.

get louder at lambeau
07-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Read a little report on Jones/Nelson - I think it was the JSO report on receivers. Sounds like Jones is built like a Mack truck but does not play that strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCnJpjj5jHk

RashanGary
08-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Watching Driver out there, I don't think there is much to be concerned about. He stood out in practice.

Brandon494
08-01-2010, 10:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCnJpjj5jHk

Thanks for posting that clip.

When I read his comment thats the first play that came to mind.